|My admin actions|
|Noticeboard • Incidents • AIV • 3RR|
|Arbitration • Noticeboard • Enforcement|
Question on edit
Hello 18 days ago you reversed my edit on the willamette meteor, why? I said it was technically owned by the clackamas people, as it landed on their reservation land. It even says so in their article
TUSC token 9971e50bd95eab9f57319ec9a0d97086
I am now proud owner of a TUSC account where I changed my password!
Research stations in Antarctica
hi EncMstr's, i'm new and yesterday i had problems with editing, sorry ----- I'm updating the list with the site of the Council of Manager of National Antarctic Programs (the excel file is at the end of this page https://www.comnap.aq/Members/SitePages/Home.aspx (updated 13 february 2014). ----- have a nice day N
Wiki Loves Pride
|You are invited! Wiki Loves Pride|
You are invited to participate in Wiki Loves Pride, a global campaign to create and improve LGBT-related content at Wikipedia during the month of June, culminating with a multinational edit-a-thon on June 21. The project is being spearheaded by two organizers with roots in the Pacific Northwest. Meetups are being organized in some cities, or you can participate remotely. Wikimedia Commons will also be hosting an LGBT-related photo challenge.
In Portland, there are two ways to contribute. One is a photography campaign called "Pride PDX", for pictures related to LGBT culture and history. The Wiki Loves Pride edit-a-thon will be held on Saturday, June 21 from noon–4pm at Smith Memorial Student Union, Room 236 at Portland State University. Prior Wikipedia editing is not required; assistance will be available the day of the event. Attendees should bring their own laptops and cords.
Feel free to showcase your work here!
FYSA - I've unblocked SkiHoodoo per an unblock request on his page. As you used the "the username is the only reason for the block" template and he suggested an acceptable alternative, I figured you'd be fine with it. I've asked the standard follow-up questions for COI editing as well; the response was underwhelming, but affirmative. If I'm mistaken and I've missed something, please feel free to undo my actions. Kuru (talk) 22:40, 3 December 2014 (UTC)
PC on 2001: A Space Odyssey
Hi EncMstr— I noticed you applied pending changes protecton to 2001: A Space Odyssey (film). Your rationale was vandalism and content disputes. Given that content disputes are explicitly not a valid reason to apply PC and that since August 2014 I have only counted 6 instances of IP vandalism, could you remove the protection? Regards, Orange Suede Sofa (talk) 22:25, 6 December 2014 (UTC)
- My read of the Protection Policy is that pending changes protection is okay provided that a content dispute is not currently happening. The article history is repeated disputes of whether the movie is U.S. versus British about once a year.
- However, pending changes protection as I have done doesn't seem to agree with should not be used as a preemptive measure against violations that have not yet occurred. But the policy seems to be self-contradictory with the bit about using semi-protection for one reason, but not providing unregistered editors any disadvantage.
- Since this article has 374 editors watching, I am okay revoking page protection, but I am curious: Other than policy why are you advocating its removal, especially since you have editing review privileges? —EncMstr (talk) 22:47, 6 December 2014 (UTC)
- Thank you for your consideration. Beyond the policy argument, my additional reasons for asking for removal are that on pages like this, where the preponderance of unregistered edits are constructive and in good faith, imposing protection simply adds more work for reviewers in addition to creating an additional barrier for good faith IP editors. I also review articles where vandalism, particularly BLP vandalism, is much more of a persistent problem and I don't have any objection to PC for those articles. Regards, Orange Suede Sofa (talk) 23:52, 6 December 2014 (UTC)
- Thank you for the explanation. I have revoked it on 2001, and will be more discriminating about applying pending changes in the future. Thanks! —EncMstr (talk) 02:03, 7 December 2014 (UTC)
He's adding hoax infoboxes to talk pages that he's created for Talk:Hysteiliarchius and Talk:Rodopii Man, which qualify for speedy deletion under WP:G3. Cheers, Bahudhara (talk) 23:15, 7 December 2014 (UTC)
- Okay, thanks. There hasn't been much for awhile. I put a range block in place to cover that range, so he'll have to change ISPs or something fairly major to get around it. —EncMstr (talk) 23:50, 7 December 2014 (UTC)