User talk:Flat Out
Sourced Unreliable? Kilwinning Academy.
I am very confused. The sources which I provided were unreliable yet they were directly from the website of the school which that article is about; so giving an official website as a source(s) is not allowed?
The reverted edition of the page, as edited by John and AllyD is horrendous. Wikipedia is meant to be the free Encyclopaedia, yet what is encyclopaedic about Kilwinning Academy. The changes and additions I made to that article were just, I am the only person of late who is actually updating and adding information to that article.
Instead of removing all the information on that article, surely it would be better for you editors to help and support new editors? If you were content with removing the information which you said was in breach of Wiki's rules - which I fully understand - then why would you editors completely take everything I had added away? — Preceding unsigned comment added by AmazeMeGreat (talk • contribs) 14:32, 12 April 2014 (UTC)
- AmazeMeGreat, I'm happy to help you but you need to listen and read relevant policies. Wikipedia articles are supposed to be fair summaries of what independent, secondary sources have to say about a subject. The school's website is not a reliable source for most content because it is not independent of the subject (the academy). Wikipedia is an encyclopedia, not just a copy of what is on the subjects website. Flat Out let's discuss it 14:38, 12 April 2014 (UTC)
- I apologise if I have broken any policies of Wikipedia - I did not mean to. I only had the intention of improving the Kilwinning Academy article, I thought the website would be a reliable source because that was the official website of the information. Thank-you for offering to help. — Preceding unsigned comment added by AmazeMeGreat (talk • contribs) 14:51, 12 April 2014 (UTC)
The Signpost: 09 April 2014
- Special report: Community mourns passing of Adrianne Wadewitz
- News and notes: Round 2 of FDC funding open to public comments
- Traffic report: Conquest of the Couch Potatoes
- WikiProject report: Law
- Featured content: Snow heater and Ash sweep
This week's article for improvement (week 16, 2014)
ZORDANLIGHTER's block notice
- Really? I cant remember the number of times I have seen it said they couldn't. Thanks Yunshui I appreciate you setting me straight. Flat Out let's discuss it 11:59, 17 April 2014 (UTC)
- No worries; I spent ages thinking exactly the same thing, even *whisper* after becoming an admin. That particular policy has been a bugbear of mine from a while back, so I've gotten to know it pretty well. FWIW, I'm of the opinion that block notices should be a permanent fixture for the duration of the block, but the community currently thinks otherwise. Yunshui 雲水 12:02, 17 April 2014 (UTC)