User talk:Forward Unto Dawn/Archives/2013/September
|This is an archive of past discussions. Do not edit the contents of this page. If you wish to start a new discussion or revive an old one, please do so on the current talk page.|
Article Feedback Tool update
Hey Forward Unto Dawn. I'm contacting you because you're involved in the Article Feedback Tool in some way, either as a previous newsletter recipient or as an active user of the system. As you might have heard, a user recently anonymously disabled the feedback tool on 2,000 pages. We were unable to track or prevent this due to the lack of logging feature in AFT5. We're deeply sorry for this, as we know that quite a few users found the software very useful, and were using it on their articles.
We've now re-released the software, with the addition of a logging feature and restrictions on the ability to disable. Obviously, we're not going to automatically re-enable it on each article—we don't want to create a situation where it was enabled by users who have now moved on, and feedback would sit there unattended—but if you're interested in enabling it for your articles, it's pretty simple to do. Just go to the article you want to enable it on, click the "request feedback" link in the toolbox in the sidebar, and AFT5 will be enabled for that article.
Again, we're very sorry about this issue; hopefully it'll be smooth sailing after this :). If you have any questions, just drop them at the talkpage. Thanks! Okeyes (WMF) 21:38, 1 September 2013 (UTC)
The Signpost: 04 September 2013
- WikiProject report: Writing on the frontier: Psychology on Wikipedia
- Traffic report: No accounting for the wisdom of crowds
- Featured content: Bridging the way to a Peasants' Revolt
- Arbitration report: Manning naming dispute case opens; Tea Party case closes ; Infoboxes nears completion
- Technology report: Making Wikipedia more accessible
The Signpost: 11 September 2013
- In the media: Lawyer goes to court to discover Wikipedian's identity; Storming Wikipedia; Wikimedia UK Secretary in conflict-of-interest controversy; Does Wikipedia need a "right to reply" box?
- WikiProject report: Traveling to Indonesia
- Traffic report: Syria, celebrities, and association football: oh my!
- Featured content: Tintin goes featured
- Arbitration report: Workshop phase opens in Manning naming dispute ; Infoboxes case closes
The Signpost: 18 September 2013
- Traffic report: Twerking, tragedy and TV
- WikiProject report: 18,464 Good Articles on the wall
- Featured content: Hurricane Diane and Van Gogh
- Technology report: What can Wikidata do for Wikipedia?
The Signpost: 25 September 2013
- Traffic report: Look on Walter's works
- WikiProject report: Babel Series: GOOOOOOAAAAAAALLLLLLL!!!!!
- Featured content: Wikipedia takes the stage