) 13:42, 15 February 2014 (UTC)
Move back to Talk from archive (last night) ... only just spotted this post: 
... adding to editing to "thumb" it and screen it.
I love it.— | Gareth Griffith-Jones |The WelshBuzzard| — 11:39, 17 February 2014 (UTC)
Nice, isn't it "The Old Bruno" who made it. Hafspajen (talk) 11:54, 17 February 2014 (UTC)
Nice? It's forceful, severe; passionate. — | Gareth Griffith-Jones |The WelshBuzzard| — 11:58, 17 February 2014 (UTC)
- Well, yes. I guess I am getting a poor vocabulary, editing Wikipedia. Here if you say anything like this, ten people will run and say NPOV! Veasel! Peacock!Hafspajen (talk) 12:28, 17 February 2014 (UTC)
- Ha! You are not wrong. — | Gareth
Not doing a whole lot of editing. Am still smarting and p.o.'d about the AIV fiasco, even though it got disposed of in short order. Just goes to show that some idiot can file a complaint, and if he gets lucky can get a sympathetic interim decision from an uninformed admin. Sigh. 7&6=thirteen (☎) 22:42, 24 March 2014 (UTC)
- Good morning Stan,
Let it go! Not worth using energy on it—when I get anything similar, I delete anything posted here immediately and refuse to allow myself to reply anywhere.
As the one who nominated me, did you notice that Juli Matthews contacted me about my t-shirt here, titled, "Thank you! A gift from fellow Wikipedians."?
I responded on her Talk here, but I had not read Lugnuts's response there at  until after replying. Consequently, I have taken no further action following her reply to me.
What is your advice? Any thoughts? — | Gareth Griffith-Jones |The WelshBuzzard| — 07:54, 25 March 2014 (UTC)
- Cynical in my old age? Lugnuts Dick Laurent is dead 08:41, 25 March 2014 (UTC)
- You are right. Life is short. But I am otherwise busy, so I've definitely throttled back on editing. 7&6=thirteen (☎) 11:29, 25 March 2014 (UTC)
- I was counting on Lugnuts to get it just right. First class! — | Gareth Griffith-Jones |The WelshBuzzard| — 17:31, 25 March 2014 (UTC)
- Curmudgeon is my middle name. Lugnuts Dick Laurent is dead 18:42, 25 March 2014 (UTC)
- Wikipedia needs editors such as you. I share your disdain for IPs. — | Gareth Griffith-Jones |The WelshBuzzard| — 19:41, 25 March 2014 (UTC)
- Thank you - it's nice to hear that. My disdain for IPs was the subplot of this drama, but it wasn't relevant to the outcome. Happy days. Lugnuts Dick Laurent is dead 08:22, 27 March 2014 (UTC)
- Ha! Well said, makes good reading. You appear to be applying the boomerang to our t-shirt character. — | Gareth Griffith-Jones |The WelshBuzzard| — 09:37, 27 March 2014 (UTC)
Worth checking out, Martin too.♦ Dr. Blofeld
- Certainly is ... thank you! — | Gareth Griffith-Jones |The WelshBuzzard| — 07:55, 25 March 2014 (UTC)
- Keeps me humble. Just when I think I'm getting really good at jazz guitar.. I'm currently learning to play this. The bass kinda ruins the recording. It's not the best of Pass's covers but it's technically demanding with some interesting licks and progressions which is why I'm learning it! ♦ Dr. Blofeld 12:46, 25 March 2014 (UTC)
I am impressed! You must be modest "In Your Own Sweet Way". Just heard it all the way through—a delightful piece. — | Gareth Griffith-Jones |The WelshBuzzard| — 17:16, 25 March 2014 (UTC)
- Yes, that's a very nice video. Have always been a huge fan of the man himself. Martinevans123 (talk) 20:44, 25 March 2014 (UTC)
- Here's something totally different, from 1974 (in case you have not heard before), and you like this guy.... : . My advice.... wait until you are not busy and can just relax.... and you can get in touch with the stars, planets etc.... (still makes me shiver this one). Martinevans123 (talk) 22:23, 25 March 2014 (UTC)
Interesting Martin! Time for some Julie London.♦ Dr. Blofeld 21:18, 26 March 2014 (UTC)
- Lovely. Billboard named her the most popular female vocalist for 1955, 1956, and 1957. She was the subject of a 1957 Life cover article in which she was quoted as saying, "It's only a thimbleful of a voice, and I have to use it close to the microphone. But it is a kind of oversmoked voice, and it automatically sounds intimate.
A class act. — | Gareth Griffith-Jones |The WelshBuzzard| — 09:29, 27 March 2014 (UTC)
- I do love Ella, Sarah and Billie, but Julie's admittedly my favourite jazz singer. BTW I started An Affair to Remember (Our Love Affair) the other day. Beautiful song here. Too bad the chemistry between Grant and Kerr in the film was so non existent! Why anybody would cast her in a romantic role beats me!! If it had been Ingrid Bergman in the film it would have been so much better. Still, Burt Lancaster and Rita Hayworth in Separate Tables are unrivalled for lacking chemistry in a film!! ♦ Dr. Blofeld 09:50, 27 March 2014 (UTC)
- It is beautiful; Cannot disagree with you latest observations.
Now, to change the subject, have you been following this? — | Gareth Griffith-Jones |The WelshBuzzard| — 09:59, 27 March 2014 (UTC)
- Great song, much better than the film itself! BTW have you heard Bill Evans and Stan Getz's Emily? Ring Cinema, nope I hadn't been following him, he just happened to be somebody annoying stopping me from promoting Annie Hall! Doesn't surprise me, his approach to editing is about as far from the spirit of collaboration as you can get!! ♦ Dr. Blofeld 10:10, 27 March 2014 (UTC)
- Thank you! I enjoyed that. — | Gareth Griffith-Jones |The WelshBuzzard| — 10:22, 27 March 2014 (UTC)
We're not old ...
Phil and Gareth philosophising about life
... just re-cycled teenagers! I'm told that quote is attributed to Jennifer Saunders
but I suspect it originates elsewhere!
Now that I hopefully have your attention I wonder if you can help/advise - I know you are interested in TV programmes so am relying on that interest also covering films! What looks like a new editor, Sudhindranath
, has been making a number of changes to Hachi: A Dog's Tale
- in particular the addition of the google maps/instaview links for where filming was undertaken. I thought a bot might come along and remove them as I suspect they shouldn't be used? I'm also concerned about the length of the 'Plot' section - a massive 1100 words! I know nothing about WP guidelines concerning films etc (and, to be honest, when I see some of the things used as refs in songs and films I'm always dismayed!) so that's why I've landed here to seek your expertise! SagaciousPhil
13:02, 26 March 2014 (UTC)
- Just my forté. Both the film article and the editor are now on my watchlist. All contributions have been on the article. I am short of time for WP today, but it will have my attention tomorrow. As an aside, how did you spot it? — | Gareth Griffith-Jones |The WelshBuzzard| — 14:24, 26 March 2014 (UTC)
- Thanks, Gareth. It's listed under the DOGS project, so appears under the dog recent changes listing, which I do check. No urgency with it and your help is much appreciated! SagaciousPhil - Chat 14:31, 26 March 2014 (UTC)
- SP, Do you see what I see?  &  their editing history today. — | Gareth Griffith-Jones |The WelshBuzzard| — 18:49, 26 March 2014 (UTC)
- Looks like we might have a matching pair of socks? Sorry to have dumped all this work on you! I've also been looking at an IPs edits that I stumbled upon via the dog recent changes - the IP already has a block log and seems to have great fun messing about with all sorts of film/cartoon articles! Oh the joys ... ... SagaciousPhil - Chat 19:13, 26 March 2014 (UTC)
- Just returned, SP. Actually, I rather enjoy this mode of activity. I am sure it is more entertaining than working on Dyk (!), but don't tell Hpj! — | Gareth Griffith-Jones |The WelshBuzzard| — 22:05, 26 March 2014 (UTC)
||This user is not a dragon but will probably be one in his next life
- YOU DID not DISAPOINTED ME AT ALL. jUST WANTED TO INVOLVE YOU IN SOMETHING YOU MIGHT enjoyed. Hafspajen (talk) 23:32, 27 March 2014 (UTC)UPPER CASE, TOO LATE, i AM LAZY TO START AGAIN
by: W.B. Yeats
I went out to the hazel wood,
Because a fire was in my head,
And cut and peeled a hazel wand,
And hooked a berry to a thread;
And when white moths were on the wing,
And moth-like stars were flickering out,
I dropped the berry in a stream
And caught a little silver trout.
When I had laid it on the floor
I went to blow the fire a-flame,
But something rustled on the floor,
And some one called me by my name:
It had become a glimmering girl
With apple blossom in her hair
Who called me by my name and ran
And faded through the brightening air.
Though I am old with wandering
Through hollow lands and hilly lands,
I will find out where she has gone,
And kiss her lips and take her hands;
And walk among long dappled grass,
And pluck till time and times are done
The silver apples of the moon,
The golden apples of the sun.
Good evening Hpj, I am very fond of Yeats. Thank you! Not too certain about the cuddling [photo] I don't want to ge into trouble You are not the only one to type away and then be infuriated on finding the Caps Lock was on! I have done it countless times. Trust your exams went okay? — | Gareth Griffith-Jones |The WelshBuzzard| — 23:59, 27 March 2014 (UTC)
- Eh.. Hafspajen (talk) 00:43, 28 March 2014 (UTC)
- I think the teddy bears are cute! SagaciousPhil - Chat 06:33, 28 March 2014 (UTC)
- Sorry about US spelling. Hafspajen (talk) 10:04, 28 March 2014 (UTC)
- No need. You noticed it and—with a nudge from a certain lady— you changed it. Thanks! — | Gareth Griffith-Jones |The WelshBuzzard| — 09:19, 29 March 2014 (UTC)
- Was probably wise of you not too do DYK. Hafspajen (talk) 08:34, 31 March 2014 (UTC)
- Mmm. I spotted the outcome. I am sorry ... new month tomorrow ...“For last month’s words belong to last month’s language and next month’s words await another voice.” T.S. Eliot.
Hope you have a great week! — Buzzard — 09:25, 31 March 2014 (UTC)
I apologise for that inadvertent revert on your page. Editing on an iPad has its drawbacks: it is too easy to revert an edit while reviewing. Ground Zero | t
- What were you "reviewing"? — | Gareth Griffith-Jones |The WelshBuzzard| — 11:12, 31 March 2014 (UTC)
- You seem to have some history with the anon editor I am engaging with at the moment. I was looking to learn more about how to deal with him. Regards, Ground Zero | t 11:53, 31 March 2014 (UTC)
A pizza for you!
||The Godfather is sending you some Godfather's Pizza for all your hard work on his articles. Hafspajen (talk) 19:22, 1 April 2014 (UTC)
- You noticed ... thank you! — | Gareth Griffith-Jones |The WelshBuzzard| — 20:42, 1 April 2014 (UTC)
- Gareth, will you help me, I would likre to have an archive like yours, where one can chuck in things time to time, a long nice archive, like yours. I don't like those small ones, yours is much better. I might need some archiving... Even if I want to keep some parts of the actual page it would be an idea to make that page shorter. Hafspajen (talk) 12:42, 2 April 2014 (UTC)
- I would be glad to ... never could understand why anyone would want those countless archives numbering from 1 to god knows what ...
Do you know how to create another User page? — | Gareth Griffith-Jones |The WelshBuzzard| — 12:46, 2 April 2014 (UTC)
- Actually don't know anything. Will you make an archive like this for me, please. And tell me how to go on to archive things. Hafspajen (talk) 12:52, 2 April 2014 (UTC)
- Right, I will, but it has to be made in your 'space'
So we will take it step-by-step:
On your internet browser address bar, paste this: https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/User:Hafspajen/First manual archive
Press enter! If "Auto-shortened by Snap-do", click on "Undo", and press enter again.
That is all. From now on, you are in familiar territory; just like the first time you created your user page or any article, and you can put anything you want in it! Just use Copy, cut 'n' paste — | Gareth Griffith-Jones |The WelshBuzzard| — 13:33, 2 April 2014 (UTC)
- OK, try later. If not come back and cry. Hafspajen (talk) 13:47, 2 April 2014 (UTC)
- Was busy saving all I needed. Hafspajen (talk) 19:01, 3 April 2014 (UTC)
- Hpj, Clarify, please! — | Gareth Griffith-Jones |The WelshBuzzard| — 09:49, 4 April 2014 (UTC)
- Wanted to save all barnstars and stuff over to the userpage, before archiving. Hafspajen (talk) 09:54, 4 April 2014 (UTC)
- Hpjay, are you Okay? — | Gareth Griffith-Jones |The WelshBuzzard| — 09:20, 7 April 2014 (UTC)
- OH, yes, I am only having separation anxiety from my talk page. Hafspajen (talk) 14:35, 7 April 2014 (UTC)
- OK; my problem is that I want to do a new, from now on - forward. Hafspajen (talk) 13:17, 8 April 2014 (UTC)
A barnstar for you!
- Thank you very much! — | Gareth Griffith-Jones |The WelshBuzzard| — 09:49, 4 April 2014 (UTC)
Profuse apologies for my revert of your edit to Alice in Wonderland (2010 film). The lesson here is "Never scroll down your watchlist on a Google Nexus tablet before the page has fully loaded, in case your finger strays over the revert button." Cheers.► Philg88 ◄ ♦talk 16:55, 5 April 2014 (UTC) Good morning Phil G, Thank you for your explanation. I was surprised at the time, having observed your credentials. Have a good Sunday! — | Gareth Griffith-Jones |The WelshBuzzard| — 07:52, 6 April 2014 (UTC)
- You too! Best, ► Philg88 ◄ ♦talk 07:55, 6 April 2014 (UTC)
- Did you notice this? Similar? Two within a week! — | Gareth Griffith-Jones |The WelshBuzzard| — 08:01, 6 April 2014 (UTC)
- Indeed I did. I've been on the other end of it too, which caused some serious head scratching based on the editor's track record. In future I think I shall stay away from monitoring my watchlist on a tablet whilst in the pub! Cheers, ► Philg88 ◄ ♦talk 08:07, 6 April 2014 (UTC)
April 2014 GA Thanks
On behalf of WP:CHICAGO
, I would like to thank you for your editorial contributions to Christopher Nolan
.--TonyTheTiger (T / C / WP:FOUR / WP:CHICAGO / WP:WAWARD)
20:37, 6 April 2014 (UTC)
A bowl of strawberries for you!
||Thanks for all your help, soon will go and will do IT... Hafspajen (talk) 23:38, 8 April 2014 (UTC)
File:L'Aurore by William-Adolphe Bouguereau - BMA.jpg
- Good morning! Is NǾGNE Ǿ BROWN ALE 4.5% ABV known to you, Hpj? My favourite local pub has just had it in on draught for their real ale festival. I have enjoyed a couple of pints ... pretty good! Cheers! — | Gareth Griffith-Jones |The WelshBuzzard| — 08:11, 14 April 2014 (UTC)
- This is the only place I found anything about it.  Hafspajen (talk) 12:57, 14 April 2014 (UTC)
- That was smart of you Hpj!
Edvard Hortemo made the journey to Batemans Brewery in Lincolnshire to brew this special beer— its interpretation of a deep brown English best bitter. — | Gareth Griffith-Jones |The WelshBuzzard| — 13:22, 14 April 2014 (UTC)
- Red link Edvard Hortemo, Gareth? Why? Hafspajen (talk) 13:57, 14 April 2014 (UTC)
- Because he is a Norwegian, I thought you might find him on your Scandinavian Wikipedias. — | Gareth Griffith-Jones |The WelshBuzzard| — 21:01, 14 April 2014 (UTC)
- Is it him?  Hafspajen (talk) 21:17, 14 April 2014 (UTC)
- I would say, "For certain ..." I have signed & datestamped your post — | Gareth Griffith-Jones |The WelshBuzzard| — 11:00, 15 April 2014 (UTC)
- Thank you Hpj! A lovely painting of dawn. — | Gareth Griffith-Jones |The WelshBuzzard| — 08:24, 17 April 2014 (UTC)
Gareth - thanks for your friendly eye over my shoulder. I really appreciate it. Best wishes, Tony Holkham (talk) 22:23, 14 April 2014 (UTC)
- You are doing so well. Thank you! — | Gareth Griffith-Jones |The WelshBuzzard| — 11:04, 15 April 2014 (UTC)
A few fun items for your perusal
- Hello G. Each year our newspaper has a Peeps diorama contest. Here is a link to pics of this years winners and other entries. Some of them are quite inventive.
- I finished episode one of the new season of J Creek last night. It was quite fun and well done and the allusions to other works were a treat to look for. The send up of Phantom was a hoot. There were several references to Alien (film) including the plaque that read Nostromo at sister-in-laws estate. The character Ridley attempted to solve the murder ala Benedict's Sherlock and was wearing a similar scarf as well. I don't know if his resemblance to Tennant's 10th Dr was on purpose or just a coincidence.
- The editor didn't give you an answer to the question that you posted on my talk page. I think that the name comes from this book by the inimitable Dr S. The "x" at the end may be a ref to Doug Adams used the letter in a few characters names in his book but that is just a guess.
I hope that you enjoy some of these and cheers. MarnetteD | Talk 20:32, 16 April 2014 (UTC)
- Good morning Michael, Thank you for this; I have enjoyed reading it all.
For my own part, I just want to tell you that I am taking an immediate sabbatical —lasting at least twelve days—with no access to a computer. All the best to you! — | Gareth Griffith-Jones |The WelshBuzzard| — 07:57, 17 April 2014 (UTC)
— | Gareth Griffith-Jones |The WelshBuzzard| —
||Gareth is taking a long wikibreak and will be back on Wikipedia beginning of next month.
08:24, 17 April 2014 (UTC)
- I hope you have/had a wonderful time. MarnetteD | Talk 16:42, 17 April 2014 (UTC)