User talk:Georgij Michaliutin
Adding Lithuania to Largest Power Station list?
Hi, I really appreciate your efforts on Wikipedia, and the absolute last thing I want to do is delete someone else's content, but I wanted to have a chat with you about criteria for inclusion on the Largest Power Station list? My initial proposal was for the top 40 or 50 by GDP or Population. Interesting that my home country Australia fails on the population criteria (#51) but walks it in on GDP (#12). Lithuania is much further down both lists, at #84 on GDP and #138 on population. Could you please let me know your thoughts, and talk with the team over on talk page? Thanks!--Graham Proud (talk) 01:44, 4 March 2014 (UTC)
Recording your vote
Based on your comment on the voting voting, "For list based on GDP or on electricity production" I was wondering if you meant your vote to be in the Vote Against column?
Hi. Thank you for your recent edits. Wikipedia appreciates your help. We noticed though that when you edited List of Greek and Latin roots in English, you added a link pointing to the disambiguation page Taxonomy. Such links are almost always unintended, since a disambiguation page is merely a list of "Did you mean..." article titles. Read the FAQ • Join us at the DPL WikiProject.
Artifacts of visual editor
Hi Georgij, so it seems that the visual editor caused the newlines and triple-pipes artifact I mentioned in the post on List of photovoltaic power stations. I manually corrected all table rows so it's A.O.K. now. I will address your proposed changes to the article on the talk page, as I agree that the article needs to change. So till soon then, cheers!
In case you want to know what I meant:
- A pipe is
|and a new-line
ENTERis an invisible character (pressing key "enter" on the keybord inserts such an character).
- There are two basic ways for the syntax of a cell in a wikitable. Each cell is on a new line with using therefore only a single pipe, or several cells in sequence without a new-line using double-pipes
- row in wikitable with 3 cells
|- | fist | second | third
- alternative syntax (no newlines but with double pipes)
|- | first || second || third
- The table with the largest PV power stations uses the alternative syntax, while your visual editor used the first type when inserting the column. The result was something like this (with cell "second" being empty with no value in this example)
|- | first |||third
- Here, there is a mixture of both ways (using newlines as well as double pipes). Combined with an empty cell this can result in triple pipes
|||. Although this may be technically correct, I guess it will confuse people when editing the table resulting in syntax-errors or even scare away potential editors.