- 1 William Wurtenburg
- 2 2008 Oscars
- 3 Wikipedia:Today's featured list/December 15, 2014
- 4 FLC manual closure needed
- 5 Your GA nomination of History of the New York Yankees
- 6 Found error in featured list
- 7 WikiCup 2015 is just around the corner...
- 8 FLC request
- 9 Merry Christmas!
- 10 Locked in for April 24?
- 11 DYK for 1979 NCAA Men's Division I Basketball Championship Game
This is just a friendly notification that I have replied to your concerns at William Wurtenburg's FAC. Thanks for the comments. If you would be willing, List of Navy Midshipmen head football coaches has been at FLC for a similar amount of time with no comments. Thanks again, - A Texas Historian (Talk to me) 22:54, 6 November 2014 (UTC)
- Just following up: I have addressed your remaining concern with the article. Thanks again, - A Texas Historian (Talk to me) 22:14, 11 November 2014 (UTC)
It's been quite awhile, but I was busy helping to prepare for my sisters debut. Could you kindly proofread 80th Academy Awards regarding featured list promotion? I know you are very busy, but I would appreciate the help.
Hey, I know this is kind of late, but I just realized that Counties of Romania is scheduled for Dec 15. Unless there is some technical issues with this, I would propose have it moved to Dec 1, since the National Day of Romania is celebrated on December 1. Let me know what you think. Nergaal (talk) 22:58, 21 November 2014 (UTC)
FLC manual closure needed
Hi. Hope you're well. We're doing pretty good in terms of manual closures. Unfortunately can't close these as COI. Only these remain and we'll be up to date:
List of awards and nominations received by Louie, Robert Downey, Jr. filmography, Tom Hanks on screen and stage, List of accolades received by Blue Jasmine, Leonardo DiCaprio filmography, and Sandra Bullock filmography.
Delist: Christopher Walken filmography.
- Thanks for starting to close these. Only three left now! They only need the FLC discussion page to be closed. Also could you please add a closure note to the FLC discussion page of the one you promoted recently (Wikipedia:Featured list candidates/Justin Timberlake discography/archive1) so that I can manually close it? Cowlibob (talk) 18:48, 1 December 2014 (UTC)
- It took me longer than I wanted to finish the last batch, but all of the closures should be complete now. Thanks for alerting me to this issue, and for your efforts to cut off such problems as they arise. Giants2008 (Talk) 00:14, 4 December 2014 (UTC)
Your GA nomination of History of the New York Yankees
Hi there, I'm pleased to inform you that I've begun reviewing the article History of the New York Yankees you nominated for GA-status according to the criteria. This process may take up to 7 days. Feel free to contact me with any questions or comments you might have during this period. Message delivered by Legobot, on behalf of Secret -- Secret (talk) 01:41, 3 December 2014 (UTC)
Found error in featured list
Hi, I found several errors in the featured list but I'm not sure how to correct them, or who to contact. You were named as the delegate, so I will try here. The lists List of British Columbia general elections, List of Manitoba general elections, List of post-confederation New Brunswick general elections, List of post-confederation Nova Scotia general elections, List of Ontario general elections, List of Quebec general elections, List of Saskatchewan general elections, and List of Newfoundland and Labrador general elections were all demoted in 2010 for having no citations whatsoever. However they remains on the main featured list, and still have the star. Would you be able to tell me how to correct this? Thanks. Mattximus (talk) 02:00, 7 December 2014 (UTC)
WikiCup 2015 is just around the corner...
Hello everyone, and may we wish you all a happy holiday season. As you will probably already know, the 2015 WikiCup begins in the new year; there is still time to sign up. We have a few important announcements concerning the future of the WikiCup.
- We would like to announce that Josh (J Milburn) and Ed (The ed17), who have been WikiCup judges since 2009 and 2010 respectively, are stepping down. This decision has been made for a number of reasons, but the main one is time. Both Josh and Ed have found that, over the previous year, they have been unable to devote the time necessary to the WikiCup, and it is not likely that they will be able to do this in the near future. Furthermore, new people at the helm can only help to invigorate the WikiCup and keep it dynamic. Josh and Ed will still be around, and will likely be participating in the Cup this following year as competitors, which is where both started out.
- In a similar vein, we hope you will all join us in welcoming Jason (Sturmvogel 66) and Christine (Figureskatingfan), who are joining Brian (Miyagawa) to form the 2015 WikiCup judging team. Jason is a WikiCup veteran, having won in 2010 and finishing in fifth this year. Christine has participated in two WikiCups, reaching the semi-finals in both, and is responsible for the GA Cup, which she now co-runs.
- The discussions/polls concerning the next competition's rules will be closed soon, and rules changes will be made clear on Wikipedia:WikiCup/Scoring and talk pages. While it may be impossible to please everyone, the judges will make every effort to ensure that the new rules are both fair and in the best interests of the competition, which is, first and foremost, about improving Wikipedia.
If you have any questions or concerns, the judges can be reached on Wikipedia talk:WikiCup, on their talk pages, or by email. We hope you will all join us in trying to make the 2015 WikiCup the most productive and enjoyable yet. You are receiving this message because you are listed on Wikipedia:WikiCup/Newsletter/Send. J Milburn (talk), The ed17 (talk), Miyagawa (talk), Sturmvogel 66 (talk) and Figureskatingfan (talk) 18:54, 7 December 2014 (UTC)
|A very happy Christmas and New Year to you!|
Locked in for April 24?
I just want to double check if you're willing to lock in Deportation of Armenian intellectuals on 24 April 1915 for the main page on April 24, 2015. Is it still too early to have it locked? Let me know, Étienne Dolet (talk) 07:59, 25 December 2014 (UTC)
DYK for 1979 NCAA Men's Division I Basketball Championship Game
|On 28 December 2014, Did you know was updated with a fact from the article 1979 NCAA Men's Division I Basketball Championship Game, which you recently created or substantially expanded. The fact was ... that the 1979 NCAA Men's Division I Basketball Championship Game had the highest Nielsen ratings of any U.S. basketball game? The nomination discussion and review may be seen at Template:Did you know nominations/1979 NCAA Men's Division I Basketball Championship Game. You are welcome to check how many page hits the article got while on the front page (here's how, live views, daily totals), and it may be added to the statistics page if the total is over 5,000. Finally, if you know of an interesting fact from another recently created article, then please feel free to suggest it on the Did you know talk page.|