Hello, This page is simply incorrect. The word "Breton" means "Brittany," a region of France. Gaul is an ancient name of this province, Gaul is not a part of Britian, and therefore this is incoherent. Britain in French is "Angleterre." This page is simply wrong.
- You can reedit the page, but please write in the edit summary what you explained here.– Gilliam (talk) 17:11, 19 February 2015 (UTC)
- 1 Mohit Raina
- 2 Many thanks!
- 3 adding unsourced claim at Wever, Iowa
- 4 Prod of Mallawa toro
- 5 Re: Translation request
- 6 A pie for you!
- 7 Combine two articles
- 8 school block on User:188.8.131.52
- 9 old admin bashing
- 10 184.108.40.206 block request
- 11 Thanks
- 12 Millet
- 13 Disambiguation link notification for March 3
- 14 153.107.192.x
- 15 220.127.116.11
- 16 AWB correction
- 17 Thank you!
- 18 Khowar re-direct
- 19 The Signpost: 04 March 2015
Hello Gilliam. Sorry to bother you, can you please add Mohit Raina to your watchlist. There are ongoing WP:BLP concerns and I'm not sure if semi-protection is the best approach at this point. Regards, Yamaguchi先生 21:37, 19 February 2015 (UTC)
- @Yamaguchi先生: Let's watch further to see if semi-protection is needed.– Gilliam (talk) 21:42, 19 February 2015 (UTC)
adding unsourced claim at Wever, Iowa
Hello, I'm Wuerzele. I noticed that you made a change to Wever, Iowa, but you didn't provide a reliable source. Normally I tag or remove such claims buthere I included a citation. If you need guidance on referencing, please see the referencing for beginners tutorial. Thank you. --Wuerzele (talk) 18:06, 21 February 2015 (UTC)
- If you are referring to this edit you will see that I did support my addition with a source.– Gilliam (talk) 16:03, 22 February 2015 (UTC)
Prod of Mallawa toro
Re: Translation request
A pie for you!
|Thank you for the acknowledgement! Scalhotrod (Talk) ☮ღ☺ 19:07, 24 February 2015 (UTC)|
Combine two articles
By mistake I created a new article on a subject that already had a separate article. Do you know how I should combine them? Mount Aladagh and Aladagh Mountains.--F4fluids (talk) 03:17, 26 February 2015 (UTC)
- @F4fluids: Yes, just use Wikipedia:Redirect. Place the title of the page you want something directed to in the brackets.-– Gilliam (talk) 03:20, 26 February 2015 (UTC)
school block on User:18.104.22.168
Per your block on this user (for vandalizing WP pages and templates), I placed a Template:School block on their user talk page. If this is inappropriate (since I'm not the blocking administrator, or an administrator at all) please let me know. @NDKilla^^^ 13:04, 26 February 2015 (UTC)
- @NDKilla: Thank you for the addition of the schoolblock template. You are always welcome to tidy vandals' talk pages. It would also be tremendously helpful if you could add the Template:Shared IP edu on talk pages assigned to schools (look them up using Whois Gateway) – Gilliam (talk) 13:10, 26 February 2015 (UTC)
old admin bashing
In this IP's contributions I noticed that all of their edits are complaining about Administrators, without much (if any) evidence of reason for complaints, not to mention the complaints are in random talk pages in the Wikipedia namespace. I'm not really sure what to do about this, if anything, since I'm not sure the user is still active. I feel the complaints (still visible on some talk pages) don't need to be around, unless someone wants to take it up with the user. @NDKilla^^^ 13:18, 26 February 2015 (UTC)
- @NDKilla: I wouldn't worry about the old rants unless they are attacking an individual user.– Gilliam (talk) 13:22, 26 February 2015 (UTC)
- @Gilliam: Alright, I was just wondering.
- @Gilliam: Alright, I was just wondering.
In a totally unrelated note, I had some questions in regards to becoming an administrator (not any time soon, but hopeful planning), and was wondering if we could chat sometime. My class ends in a few minutes tho, so I don't know when I'll be back on wikipedia. (Probably in a few hours) @NDKilla^^^ 13:24, 26 February 2015 (UTC)
- Sure, I'll be around.– Gilliam (talk) 13:26, 26 February 2015 (UTC)
22.214.171.124 block request
I am network admin at Morgan Hill USD - There is currently a three-month block on anonymous edits from that address. I would like for this to be extended indefinitely (as we had done previously for our older address 126.96.36.199 and .250), but allow for constructive edits and participation from registered accounts using that address. Thanks! Leuqarte (talk) 18:21, 26 February 2015 (UTC)
- Could you please contact User:DMacks? He is the Wikipedia OTRS volunteer who applied the extended block on 188.8.131.52. Regards,– Gilliam (talk) 22:02, 26 February 2015 (UTC)
I was about to report this IP and noticed you blocked it when I refreshed the page. Favorite adminnn~ 15:18, 27 February 2015 (UTC)
- Good call. Great minds think alike ;)– Gilliam (talk) 15:23, 27 February 2015 (UTC)
I see you've been on top of the IP editor at Millet and Cassava. I didn't know if you were an admin or not, so I left a note for Vsmith at User talk:Vsmith#Millet. CorinneSD (talk) 16:07, 27 February 2015 (UTC) But feel free to issue a warning or block yourself. CorinneSD (talk) 16:08, 27 February 2015 (UTC)
- @CorinneSD: Thanks, the vandal has already been blocked. You can also report repeated vandalism 24/7 at WP:AIV.– Gilliam (talk) 16:10, 27 February 2015 (UTC)
Hi. Thank you for your recent edits. Wikipedia appreciates your help. We noticed though that when you edited Cedar Lake (Aitkin County, Minnesota), you added a link pointing to the disambiguation page Red cedar (check to confirm | fix with Dab solver). Such links are almost always unintended, since a disambiguation page is merely a list of "Did you mean..." article titles. Read the FAQ • Join us at the DPL WikiProject.
Hello Gilliam. I just now realized there appears to be a string of vandalism coming from a segment of the 153.107.192.x network after seeing your recent change on my watchlist.
As examples. Searching now to determine if there might be others. Regards, Yamaguchi先生 00:49, 4 March 2015 (UTC)
- Thanks, @Yamaguchi先生:. These IPs are registered to NSW Department of Education and Communities, Australia, and I have blocked them all out of an abundance of caution. Regards– Gilliam (talk) 00:58, 4 March 2015 (UTC)
Thank you as always. I had located a few others (184.108.40.206, 220.127.116.11) and it appears that they have already been contained. Regards, Yamaguchi先生 01:11, 4 March 2015 (UTC)
Regarding this block. You may want to also take a look at 18.104.22.168 (talk · contribs). Much of the same type of vandalism and same targets. Both geolocate to Taiwan. --RacerX11 Talk to meStalk me 06:02, 4 March 2015 (UTC)
- Done– Gilliam (talk) 06:09, 4 March 2015 (UTC)
Hello Gilliam, sorry to bother you. Can you possibly correct my name as it appears at Wikipedia:AutoWikiBrowser/CheckPage ? I am listed as an approved user but somehow the last character in my username was corrupted. Regards, Yamaguchi先生 23:14, 4 March 2015 (UTC)
- Done– Gilliam (talk) 23:17, 4 March 2015 (UTC)
- Thank you Gilliam, AWB appears to be functioning again now. Regards, Yamaguchi先生 23:19, 4 March 2015 (UTC)
The Signpost: 04 March 2015
- From the editor: A sign of the times—the Signpost revamps its internal structure to make contributing easier
- News and notes: Wikimedia Foundation and OTRS team both publish quarterly reports, indicate operating changes
- Interview: Meet a paid editor
- Traffic report: Attack of the movies
- Technology report: Bugs, Repairs, and Internal Operational News
- Featured content: Ploughing fields and trading horses with Rosa Bonheur