NOTE: Since March 2010 Henrik rarely answers questions here. Archives 13, 14, 15, 16, 17, 18, 19 and this page contain mostly unanswered questions. - 188.8.131.52 13:32, 10 April 2013 (UTC)
Additionally: Whenever stats.grok.se is down, the only way to get Wikipedia traffic statistics is to change stats.grok.se
to stats-classic.grok.se. This is the only version that contains data when the new version has an internal server error. However, stats-classic.grok.se will not display old data, so beware. A Great Catholic Person (talk) 02:02, 24 October 2014 (UTC)
- 1 The Signpost: 12 November 2014
- 2 The Signpost: 26 November 2014
- 3 Requests for Undeletion Wikipedia:Articles for deletion/Dwayne Buckle (2nd nomination)
- 4 The Signpost: 03 December 2014
- 5 Question about stats.grok.se
- 6 The Signpost: 10 December 2014
- 7 Stats-classic.grok.se won't have old data - could this be fixed? (I asked this back in May, but a bot moved it)
- 8 The Signpost: 17 December 2014
The Signpost: 12 November 2014
- In the media: Amazon Echo; EU freedom of panorama; Bluebeard's Castle
- Featured content: Wikipedia goes to church in Lithuania
- WikiProject report: Talking hospitals
- Traffic report: Holidays, anyone?
The Signpost: 26 November 2014
- Featured content: Orbital Science: Now you're thinking with explosions
- Traffic report: Big in Japan
- WikiProject report: Back with the military historians
Requests for Undeletion Wikipedia:Articles for deletion/Dwayne Buckle (2nd nomination)
We are Requesting for an Undeletion of Wikipedia:Articles for deletion/Dwayne Buckle. Since the article was deleted after a discussion took place at Wikipedia:Articles for deletion/Dwayne Buckle (2nd nomination), it cannot be undeleted through standard process. However, I believe that the outcome of the discussion did not reflect the consensus of the participants, and significant new information has come to light since the article was deleted. — Preceding unsigned comment added by Moviemoguls (talk • contribs) 00:44, 30 November 2014 (UTC)
The Signpost: 03 December 2014
- In the media: Embroidery and cheese
- Featured content: ABCD: Any Body Can Dance!
- Traffic report: Turkey and a movie
- WikiProject report: Today on the island
Question about stats.grok.se
Currently, we are conducting research to the interest in World War II. The website stats.grok.se is very useful for us since it reveals the number of views of pages which are related to WWII. However, we have one question. We have noticed that the number of the ranking remains the same. For example:
World war II has been viewed 583130 times in 201409. This article ranked 107 in traffic on en.wikipedia.org. and World war II has been viewed 698924 times in 201402. This article ranked 107 in traffic on en.wikipedia.org.
As you can see, the article remains on 107 in the ranking. On what is this ranking based? The current ranking? Or, the ranking in the whole year?
The Signpost: 10 December 2014
- Op-ed: It's GLAM up North!
- Traffic report: Dead Black Men and Science Fiction
- Featured content: Honour him, love and obey? Good idea with military leaders.
Stats-classic.grok.se won't have old data - could this be fixed? (I asked this back in May, but a bot moved it)
I did read your message back in May, but I prefer the classic version (it's better than the new one), used it since January 2012 when you redesigned your tool, as the current one takes so long to load. I love checking historical stats, and the articles' 2010 rankings. (I forgot to ask you to keep the 2010 most viewed pages when I asked in May.)
I feel like the code changes in May made the classic version misleading for a few reasons:
- The old data used to have 2010 rankings until April (after the 201403 rankings were released on stats.grok.se), which I find useful as the 201401 rankings have glitches, misleading people.
- On the homepage of stats-classic.grok.se, the links point to 200712 data, and it would appear as 0 pageviews, that make viewers go, "What? There can't be zero!" There are a few other pages that link to this classic model to a month were stats are not available. For all articles for December 2013 and previous data, I feel like users would be wondering that the article actually has no pageviews, while I'm certain there would be some.
I do not mind if rankings are outdated - it's fine if they're old - I was checking rankings of articles with over 64000 pageviews in 201012, I couldn't anymore, I'm very curious of the 2010 rankings now. Could one last code change be good enough? (I realize it could take a lot of time - whenever you can, could the code change occur? Because, again, I've been angry since May because of the rankings and the old data before 201312. I waste time every day comparing the 2014 and 2010 data, putting stress on me. If you put it back to 2010, this will stop.) The classic version is the only stats available when stats.grok.se is off by some error.
If not, is it possible that you can create a list of top 10000 articles of every month? Thanks. I'm the same user who notified you in May, I changed my username. A Great Catholic Person (talk) 21:14, 18 December 2014 (UTC)
- You seem a bit frustrated, so I thought I'd let you know that Henrik is almost never around during the winter months. His last edits were in August, and I probably wouldn't expect him back until around March or April (maybe later). I just thought I'd let you know so that you don't waste too much time. Zaereth (talk) 00:06, 19 December 2014 (UTC)
The Signpost: 17 December 2014
- Arbitration report: Arbitration Committee election results
- Featured content: Tripping hither, tripping thither, Nobody knows why or whither; We must dance and we must sing, Round about our fairy ring!
- Traffic report: A December Lull