NOTE: Since March 2010 Henrik rarely answers questions here. Archives 13, 14, 15, 16, 17, 18, 19 and this page contain mostly unanswered questions. - 126.96.36.199 13:32, 10 April 2013 — Preceding unsigned comment added by 188.8.131.52 (talk)
- 1 The Signpost: 20 August 2014
- 2 stats.grok.se
- 3 Two consecutive days of partial data
- 4 The Signpost: 27 August 2014
- 5 Pageviews not updating
- 6 The Signpost: 03 September 2014
- 7 stats seems to be acting up
- 8 Stats-classic.grok.se won't have old data - could this be fixed? (I asked this back in May, but a bot moved it)
- 9 Stats system problem
- 10 You've got mail!
- 11 The Signpost: 10 September 2014
- 12 A barnstar for you!
- 13 Article traffic statistics: label vertical axis?
- 14 The Signpost: 17 September 2014
The Signpost: 20 August 2014
- Op-ed: A new metric for Wikimedia
- Traffic report: Carpe diem, quam minimum credula postero
- WikiProject report: Bats and gloves
- Featured content: English Wikipedia departs for Japan
Many thanks for the tool of page views! It would be more useful if it were case-sensitive for Wiktionary projects. For example, wikt:fr:Anglais and wikt:fr:anglais are not the same pages. Thanks for your attention! Automatik (talk) 03:38, 28 August 2014 (UTC)
Two consecutive days of partial data
I have started a thread at Wikipedia:Village_pump_(technical)#Two_consecutive_days_of_partial_pageview_data for the following issue: Based on the raw data at the Wikimedia data dumps, it seems that in the August 27 15-16:00 and 19-20:00 hours the pageview totals at pagecounts-20140827-160001.gz and pagecounts-20140827-200000.gz are only a fraction of the actual page views. On August 28, we had a second consecutive day of partially missing data: pagecounts-20140828-170000.gz - pagecounts-20140828-200000.gz are entirely missing and pagecounts-20140828-210000.gz seems to be about 2/3rds of the normal size.--TonyTheTiger (T / C / WP:FOUR / WP:CHICAGO / WP:WAWARD) 23:58, 28 August 2014 (UTC)
The Signpost: 27 August 2014
- Featured content: Cheats at Featured Pictures!
- In the media: Plagiarism and vandalism dominate Wikipedia news
- News and notes: Media Viewer—Wikimedia's emotional roller-coaster
- Traffic report: Viral
Pageviews not updating
- For those going through pageview withdrawals you can try this: On the history page, click "Number of watchers." Scroll down to the bottom and click "Contributors." On this page is a set of pageview stats that still seem to be working. Zaereth (talk) 00:54, 6 September 2014 (UTC)
The Signpost: 03 September 2014
- WikiProject report: Gray's Anatomy (v. 2)
- Traffic report: Holding Pattern
- Featured content: 1882 × 6 in gold, and thruppence more
- Arbitration report: Media viewer case is suspended
stats seems to be acting up
looking at David p. weber, the stats on how many times the article has been viewed seems all mucked up. can you help? — Preceding unsigned comment added by 184.108.40.206 (talk) 02:19, 7 September 2014 (UTC)
Stats-classic.grok.se won't have old data - could this be fixed? (I asked this back in May, but a bot moved it)
The classic version does not have old data - I read a few months ago it would require code changes. Is one last code change good enough for the last change of the website? I would also like the December 2010 rankings (top 1000 and other articles) back because I'm really curious what pages with over 64000 pageviews in 201012 ranked. It's okay, I don't mind rankings being outdated. The January 2014 data looks messed up. The current version released March 2014 data, and is extremely slow, and I hate slow loading, so I prefer classic version. When it released 201403 rankings, the 201012 rankings were available from classic version. Is it possible for the code change and 201012 rankings to come back? This is the last change of classic version I'm requesting. Thanks.A Great Catholic Person (talk) 03:04, 7 September 2014 (UTC)
Stats system problem
Hello. I asked for a help and was recommended to ask you. There is a problem in the system. All the counters were stopped about midnight between September the 2nd and the 3rd. Here, for example, two very popular pages: 1, 2. Thank you, (IKhitron (talk) 09:37, 8 September 2014 (UTC))
hello gardner hendrik
You've got mail!
The Signpost: 10 September 2014
- Featured content: The louse and the fish's tongue
- WikiProject report: Checking that everything's all right
- Traffic report: Refuge in celebrity
A barnstar for you!
|The Brilliant Idea Barnstar|
|Henrik, I think your Wikipedia article traffic statistics tool may provide the best motivation and reward for hard-working editors. After 16 hours of work on what I thought was an important but neglected and probably little-viewed article, I discovered your tool and learned that it is viewed 30 times a day. Wow! Thanks!! Layzeeboi (talk) 00:55, 16 September 2014 (UTC)|
Article traffic statistics: label vertical axis?
A small suggestion. How about labelling the vertical axis of your nice graph as "views per day", to make it a bit more obvious that the numbers there always have the same meaning regardless of the selection of last 30/60/90 days? (don't they?) Thanks! Layzeeboi (talk) 01:05, 16 September 2014 (UTC)
The Signpost: 17 September 2014
- News and notes: Wikipedia's traffic statistics are off by nearly one-third
- WikiProject report: A trip up north to Scotland
- Featured content: Which is not like the others?
- Traffic report: Tolstoy leads a varied pack