- 1 Welcome
- 2 hi
- 3 Physics stubs
- 4 Thanks
- 5 Re:Fermi
- 6 Peer review
- 7 thanks for editing sun
- 8 Notice of Dispute resolution discussion
- 9 Request
- 10 Mach-Zehnder interferometer
- 11 Heidelberg University
- 12 Random "Talk: you have new messages" messages?
- 13 Thanks!
- 14 Electrical Engineering Project
- 15 It is
- 16 Thank you!
- 17 Category:Long-term abuse - Active
- 18 Toolserver CleanupListing migration
- Hi! It looks like in the moment you can't do much: the file has been deleted over at Wikimedia Commons because of copyright problems, and your account there has been blocked for one week because you kept uploading unfree files after multiple warnings. So you can't upload or edit over there at the moment.
- In general, if you want to upload an image, you should try to find one which you are sure is free content. This is usually only the case if the website where you found the image explicitly says that this image is in the public domain or published under a free license. All this legal stuff can be quite complicated, so maybe you should take the time to read a bit about it while you're waiting for your block to be over. You can start with the articles I linked here. If you're still not sure what you may upload and what not, you can always ask some experts (I'm not a copyright expert, but you can find them for example at the Wikimedia Commons Help Desk).
- Of course you can also continue to do other improvements to Wikipedia articles (by 'other' I mean not involving images). Just remember to fill in the edit summary and keep an eye on your talk page and the talk pages of the articles you're working on. There might appear some important messages in case you do something that turns out to be controversial, and then it's a good idea to discuss it on the talk page before continuing. Again, if in doubt, just ask.
- Happy editing! — HHHIPPO 21:23, 2 August 2012 (UTC)
No worries, it's a fairly common misconception even among users who've been around here a lot longer than you have. Although in practice the stub templates end up sticking around on a lot of articles for years and years, at least in theory they're only supposed to be temporary maintenance templates that get removed from an article as soon as it's been expanded beyond stub length -- so an article actually needs to be filed in at least one permanent content category in addition to the stub template.
If it helps, another way to look at it is that content categories are meant for the end user to help find topics of interest, regardless of whether they're familiar with all the ins and outs of Wikipedia process and procedure -- while the stub categories are meant for editors to help identify articles that need more work, and aren't really all that helpful to the average reader. So the content category is the one that has to be present, while the stub template is strictly optional.
- You're welcome! Remember we're not yet done with that article though. — HHHIPPO 19:38, 23 October 2012 (UTC)
Hi. Since you gave comments on articles that are currently listed at WP:PR, I was wondering if you could give some helpful comments to Wikipedia:Peer review/Cher/archive1? Thanks, Lordelliott (talk) 20:38, 30 November 2012 (UTC)
Thanks for making the edits to sun based on my queries on the talk page. I just wasn't in a position to make the changes at the time and I knew I would forget ... Andrew Gradman talk/WP:Hornbook 02:33, 24 February 2013 (UTC)
- You're welcome. It was a nice and easy, spontaneous intercontinental collaboration that actually improved the article and made me learn some more on the sun. That's how it should be! — HHHIPPO 10:44, 24 February 2013 (UTC)
Notice of Dispute resolution discussion
Hello. This message is being sent to inform you that there is currently a discussion at Wikipedia:Dispute resolution noticeboard regarding a content dispute in which you may have been involved. Content disputes can hold up article development, therefore we are requesting your participation to help find a resolution.
Please take a moment to review the simple guide and join the discussion. Thank you!
How are you? Hope fine... You reverted an edit by me where I corrected 0.5mm=0.0005m, but you changed it back to 0.00005m... You say 0.0005m is right yet you made it back to the incorrect 0.00005 with five decimal places instead of the correct four... I think you should review your edit again and revert it yourself.
Hope this does not offend you. Thanks in advance.
Hi, thanks for your rating of this article! Back in mid-March, I began making heavy revisions to this article which was then in pretty sad shape, maybe about a "D". Your "C" rating correlates pretty well with my personal assessment of "C/C+". Having a second set of eyeballs is always good. Could you suggest directions I ought to go in further improving this article so that maybe I can push it to the "B" range? Thanks again! Stigmatella aurantiaca (talk) 23:43, 9 April 2013 (UTC)
Random "Talk: you have new messages" messages?
After someone left me a real talk page message, I stopped getting the fake thing. Perhaps this message will resolve the problem for you as it did for me. Might help if you'd report at VPT what happens after you get this message, especially if the fakes continue. Nyttend (talk) 22:18, 30 July 2013 (UTC)
Just wanted to drop by & thank you for your suggestions/feedback at WT:Flow – both the comments and the non-shouty tone in which they're phrased are very much appreciated :) Maryana (WMF) (talk) 20:50, 10 February 2014 (UTC)
Electrical Engineering Project
This category is currently part of a larger CFD discussion and categories being discussed for merging, renamed or deletion are not supposed to be depopulated until the discussion is closed. It's okay to add pages to categories under discussion but not remove these category tags from existing pages. Liz Read! Talk! 20:40, 3 April 2014 (UTC)
Toolserver CleanupListing migration
I have volunteered to migrate the CleanupListing tool over at Wikipedia:Bot requests/Archive 60#Migrate CleanupListing tool from Toolserver to Wikimedia Labs. --Bamyers99 (talk) 21:49, 15 May 2014 (UTC)