User talk:I JethroBT
- 1 Thanks I JethroBT!
- 2 question about wikipedia post
- 3 Impersonation?
- 4 Hull House
- 5 Edit-a-thon pictures
- 6 The Signpost: 03 September 2014
- 7 DYK for Abraham Lincoln, what would you do?
- 8 Fall class of PMML Wikipedians in Residence
- 9 I forgot to mention
- 10 Thank you for contributing to the Learning Pattern library!
- 11 Heroes in Hell
- 12 The Signpost: 10 September 2014
- 13 Help with References.
Thanks I JethroBT!
Just saying thanks for the great question badge here cause I can't thank your edit. (Says failed try again.) Thanks! To the Teahouse! *Danananananana Batman tune*--DangerousJXD (talk) 21:48, 6 September 2014 (UTC)
question about wikipedia post
you are polymaths?one of these guys is named polymath professor,,,i would lovvve to learn under a real polymath,is there a school for such things? — Preceding unsigned comment added by 2607:FB90:1F05:3B2B:2C10:2598:3843:BC0D (talk) 03:16, 3 September 2014 (UTC)
- Hi there. I can't speak for Polymath Professor (talk · contribs) at all, but I'm not dedicated enough to be a polymath even if my interests and hobbies are pretty varied. You might ask the Professor directly on their talk page! As for learning from a polymath, I really can't help you there. Personally, the idea seems fairly broad, so knowing who is and isn't a polymath is more of a "I know it when I see it" rather than something you can test. If you want to learn from interesting people, I think it's best to just read. A lot. I, JethroBT drop me a line 03:54, 3 September 2014 (UTC)
- People have accused me of being a polymath, though I only have formal training in some of the disciplines in which I'd say I'm an expert. I have doctoral-level education in mathematics, economics, development economics, and law, but I have masters-level education in finance and other topics. But I also have mixtures of formal and informal expertise, such as in linguistics (I've taught two Nilotic languages in which I'm professionally conversant, though I've never taken a formal class in either of those languages, versus having taken extensive formal education in Latin, for instance). I teach in a range of topics at the masters level, primarily in economics, public policy, and other topics. I've also published in a variety of areas, from economics to finance to law and so forth. And published books and book chapters in a variety of areas, from international public policy to philanthropy. I've even written one of those yellow "for dummies" books. :) Polymath Professor (talk) 14:26, 3 September 2014 (UTC)
Hello. I'm here to just let you know that here. I've warned the user on his talk page, but it might be better to keep an eye on his editing and signing patterns. Regards. KJ Discuss? 04:49, 3 September 2014 (UTC)has inserted 'JethroBT (talk) 2:27 am, Today (UTC+9)' into his edit to the Teahouse
- Thanks for letting me know and for engaging with the editor. I suspect they were just experimenting with my signature code and may have forgotten to leave some material out, so hopefully they get the message. I, JethroBT drop me a line 06:45, 3 September 2014 (UTC)
Since you asked me to bring my camera equipment and it is suppose to rain only in the morning, I might not be there at noon. I might wait until after the rain stops to travel.--TonyTheTiger (T / C / WP:FOUR / WP:CHICAGO / WP:WAWARD) 14:11, 4 September 2014 (UTC)
- Earlier weather reports said the weather would break around noon. Now, they are saying around 3. I give up. I am heading out soon. save me some pizza.--TonyTheTiger (T / C / WP:FOUR / WP:CHICAGO / WP:WAWARD) 16:52, 4 September 2014 (UTC)
I just posted some pictures under the titles "20140904 Wikipedia Chicago Meetup 10 (1).JPG" through "20140904 Wikipedia Chicago Meetup 10 (9).JPG"--TonyTheTiger (T / C / WP:FOUR / WP:CHICAGO / WP:WAWARD) 16:24, 5 September 2014 (UTC)
- @TonyTheTiger: Hey, thanks for uploading these. I posted many of them to our event page. Are there any other photos? I, JethroBT drop me a line 19:15, 8 September 2014 (UTC)
The Signpost: 03 September 2014
- WikiProject report: Gray's Anatomy (v. 2)
- Traffic report: Holding Pattern
- Featured content: 1882 × 6 in gold, and thruppence more
- Arbitration report: Media viewer case is suspended
DYK for Abraham Lincoln, what would you do?
|On 6 September 2014, Did you know was updated with a fact from the article Abraham Lincoln, what would you do?, which you recently created or substantially expanded. The fact was ... that the composition "Abraham Lincoln, what would you do?" was intended to build support for U.S. involvement in World War I? The nomination discussion and review may be seen at Template:Did you know nominations/Abraham Lincoln, what would you do?. You are welcome to check how many page hits the article got while on the front page (here's how, live views, daily totals), and it may be added to the statistics page if the total is over 5,000. Finally, if you know of an interesting fact from another recently created article, then please feel free to suggest it on the Did you know talk page.|
Fall class of PMML Wikipedians in Residence
- @TeriEmbrey: Thanks for letting me know. I'd like to stop by next week, if possible. VCJeon, will you be in next Tuesday? I, JethroBT drop me a line 16:53, 9 September 2014 (UTC)
I forgot to mention
Thank you for contributing to the Learning Pattern library!
Hi I JethroBT, I write to you to thank you for contributing a Learning Pattern during Wikimania London. You can now read it online by clicking here. Can you please review the pattern and add more information, if you see fit? For instance, can you share some of your experience at the Tea House? I think this could be related. Thanks again! MCruz (WMF) (talk) 01:55, 11 September 2014 (UTC)
- MCruz (WMF) Sure thing, it was kind of fun to be asked to do that on the spot while I was the WMF desk there. I'll see if I can fill it out a bit more this weekend. Thanks, I, JethroBT drop me a line 20:00, 12 September 2014 (UTC)
Heroes in Hell
Hi. I've been trying to clean up the backlog of merger proposals and ran into Heroes in Hell (book). Upon reviewing the talk pages, I found that all the books in the Heroes in Hell series were tagged for merger, and according to one of your posts you merged all of them in that same month, backed by a consensus from an Articles For Deletion discussion. However, Heroes in Hell (book) is still a standalone article, still tagged as proposed for merger, and when someone tried turning the article into a redirect on July 6, 2013, he was reverted, and the reverting edit summary claims there was a consensus to keep the article as standalone. Can you straighten this out for me?--NukeofEarl (talk) 18:24, 11 September 2014 (UTC)
- NukeofEarl - I wondered if this might come up again. I have to review the discussions, but I believe when I was involved in these discussions some years ago, there was agreement that there was sufficient coverage of the first book in the series to merit its own article, so it was kept on its own. The rest, however, lacked such coverage and were redirected to the series page. Would it be helpful for me to point you to that discussion? I, JethroBT drop me a line 18:28, 11 September 2014 (UTC)
The Signpost: 10 September 2014
- Featured content: The louse and the fish's tongue
- WikiProject report: Checking that everything's all right
- Traffic report: Refuge in celebrity
Hello JethroBT, I am a new Wikipedian and I would like to create some article which is not to be found anywhere on internet. So, I can't put in references and this made Wikipedia delete an artice I had created. What to do? — Preceding unsigned comment added by Nelsonmand (talk • contribs) 02:42, 15 September 2014 (UTC)
Help with References.
Hello JethroBT, I am a new Wikipedian and I would like to create some article which is not to be found anywhere on internet. So, I can't put in references and this made Wikipedia delete an artice I had created. What to do? — Preceding unsigned comment added by Nelsonmand (talk • contribs) 02:45, 15 September 2014 (UTC)