|IronGargoyle is busy in real life and may not respond swiftly to queries.|
|1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16|
Re : List of classical piano duos (performers):
Hi Is there an explanation available for the twice deleted inclusion of Duo Va i Ve (being Valentina Seferinova and Venera Bojkova) in the above page list ?
- The duo is non-notable and its only reference is a link promoting the group. Please see Wikipedia's guideline on lists of people. IronGargoyle (talk) 19:55, 5 December 2014 (UTC)
List of Egyptologists
- They are not sufficient because they are simple faculty bios. They say nothing about the notability of the individual. You need reliable, independent sources to establish that. Simply having a .edu domain is not sufficient to make a source reliable and independent. IronGargoyle (talk) 01:29, 9 December 2014 (UTC)
Martha Jackson Jarvis
Hello. I removed the contents of Martha Jackson Jarvis in order to create a page with a non-hyphenated title. I wasn't able to remove the hyphen, which if you notice is not used in the artist's official website.Krisvec (talk) 21:31, 9 December 2014 (UTC)
- I fixed the issue for you. Please read over Help:How to move a page if you encounter similar issues in the future. IronGargoyle (talk) 21:36, 9 December 2014 (UTC)
List of newspaper columnists
Hi I would like to know why three entries were removed from the list. Specifically one from the Philippines section and two from the Mexico (in Spanish) section. Thanks. Josejmcriollo (talk) 15:15, 12 December 2014 (UTC)
- Because the entries were not notable. Please see WP:LISTPEOPLE which details the criteria for including individual names in lists of people. IronGargoyle (talk) 04:20, 13 December 2014 (UTC)
RE: The IP you've just warned
They've made a couple of fairly nasty personal attacks prior to that warning, most of which were in edit summaries. I'd warned them for that and for the unsourced/original research editing, and both of the warnings were blanked. Just a head's up. :) Lukeno94 (tell Luke off here) 20:40, 19 December 2014 (UTC)
Hola. Re the changes to the Monterrey site. I reside in Monterrey. I am the source. Come and help me wash my car every 3 days and pressure wash the sidewalk. It is well known and not so nice side of Darwinian capitalism.
- Please review WP:RS to understand the type of reliable sourcing that Wikipedia requires. Your personal opinion or observations do not suffice. IronGargoyle (talk) 00:17, 20 December 2014 (UTC)
I apologize for unnecessary editing. I was just checking how active are administrators. I am pretty sure, despite the number of administrators, you people could not manage all articles? What is the rectification ratio? — Preceding unsigned comment added by 22.214.171.124 (talk • contribs)
- That's just your point of view. If there is consensus from critics about this, it can be referenced from verifiable, reliable sources and mentioned in a "reception" section. Otherwise, your statement is a violation of Wikipedia's neutral point of view policy. IronGargoyle (talk) 03:43, 22 December 2014 (UTC)
I am as qualified to critique Pizza Underground as any supposed "critic". Why I could start a blog now and say it's a critic blog. I would also say that the end of the article in which Pizza Underground was booed offstage to a chorus of pint glasses in England is a fairly representative review of Corin McCorklin's awful ideas. — Preceding unsigned comment added by 126.96.36.199 (talk) 03:48, 22 December 2014 (UTC)
- Blogs are not generally considered to be reliable sources. Promoting your own blog would also be a conflict of interest. IronGargoyle (talk) 03:52, 22 December 2014 (UTC)
Well then Mr. Gargoyle, it seems the only resolution would be to remove this article for failing to be noteworthy enough for inclusion on Wikipedia, at least outside of Corwin McConklin's personal page. Without Corky McCullen's name attached, Pizza Party Underground would not have a single mention on this site. — Preceding unsigned comment added by 188.8.131.52 (talk) 03:55, 22 December 2014 (UTC)
IP edits of Fuschia (color)
Hello. Would you mind adding semi-protection to Fuchsia (color) for a couple of weeks? The IP you recently blocked isn't static, and this kind of thing has been going on for days over several pages (Red-violet, Shades of pink , and others) with zero talk-page comments. Thanks. Grayfell (talk) 04:24, 22 December 2014 (UTC)
- Done. IronGargoyle (talk) 04:35, 22 December 2014 (UTC)
Yalda Persian History.
Unless you are Persian you have no right.telling me what information is right and wrong. Every piece of nonsense posted about Mithraism and Paganism is unjust and illogical. People are destroying Persian History and sourcing it from fake historical websites. I know Persian History and you can't tell me what to edit. If you ban me from posting the truth I will report the ban to Wikipedia for unethical ban on members.
- @Darius250000: If you want to add content, please provide a reliable source to back it all up, instead of edit warring with me and IronGargoyle. Please also take a look at WP:Neutral point of view, because it appears that you may have a conflict of interest if you feel so passionately about the topic. — kikichugirl speak up! 04:58, 22 December 2014 (UTC)
Yeah let me get up in this mix too! lets stop this blind deletion! I wish my Pizza Underground edits to be reinstated or the article to be deleted from wikipedia as not noteworthy — Preceding unsigned comment added by 184.108.40.206 (talk) 06:54, 22 December 2014 (UTC)
I deleted the info in the Travis Kalanick page because it was not cited. I will delete it again, and I would like a firm explanation of why you do not understand this.
- The material you removed wasn't uncited. It was cited to the New York Times. That's about as good of a source as you can get. IronGargoyle (talk) 05:04, 22 December 2014 (UTC)
RE: CHANGE TO MOLIERE PAGE IronGargoyle, you removed an external link I added to the Moliere page, under the section "Portrayals of Moliere." The section includes links for one literary biography and three films. I added a link to a stage play about Moliere, 'GOD OF LAUGHTER," which is a drama that portrays Moliere as the central character. It is a published play and I referenced the publisher in the entry.
Why would you allow references (or links) to films about Moliere and not include stage productions?? Was there something missing that would make my entry allowable? Gcbennett76 (talk) 03:38, 23 December 2014 (UTC)