User talk:J Milburn
|This user is busy in real life and may not respond swiftly to queries.|
Please create new sections at the bottom of the page. Do not assume I know which article, image or page you are talking about, please provide a link so I do know, even it has been deleted. Also, please sign your messages, so I know who you are. I will reply on your talk page, unless you tell me otherwise.
I will probably remove bot and template messages after reading them, but they are still appreciated. Most other messages will be archived. Remember that a lot of people could read this- for confidential communication, email me, though for the vast majority of messages, here is the appropriate place. Thanks!
The Signpost: 09 April 2014
- Special report: Community mourns passing of Adrianne Wadewitz
- News and notes: Round 2 of FDC funding open to public comments
- Traffic report: Conquest of the Couch Potatoes
- WikiProject report: Law
- Featured content: Snow heater and Ash sweep
Hi J Milburn, I was wondering what is going to happen re:the screenshot for the music video of "Black Coffee", is it going to be deleted? It's deletion proposal came quite unconveniently for me as I nominated the article for GA and with the deletion proposal of the screenshot it will most likely not meet the GA criteria as a result? Could you possibly suggest a solution for me please? I really am keen on having the song reach GA status, I've worked very hard on it! —CoolMarc 13:01, 16 April 2014 (UTC)
- Thanks for the explanation J. I thought the usage of a screencap would improve the article's reading and visual appearance. The video itself is very dramatic if you watch it. It is very hard to find sources for music videos released in that era, I was lucky to find the one I did! That source alone described the video's Matrix-like imagery as well as its location and the book source describes how each member shot their scenes separately due to group in-fighting. I'm guessing from your explanation these two sources are not enough for the article to have a screenshot? I see the previous screenshot is also now nominated for deletion which pictured its Matrix-like dramatic domestic violent argument with again a member separately at the forefront. Is there no way at all that the article will be allowed to have a screenshot? It is truly disheartening for me to promote the article without one. I've also noticed GA song articles with minimal sourcing and description that have screenshots such as "Live to Tell" and "Love Profusion". —CoolMarc 18:21, 16 April 2014 (UTC)
Thanks for your edits. Apart from filling in the table, I can't think that there is much else significant to add. There are no images of other ssps. Is it worth adding a footnote to explain that the order is geographical? Jimfbleak - talk to me? 18:14, 17 April 2014 (UTC)