I made some days ago a ref of your bot's problem. Additional question. I guess only specialists can answer.--Dartelaar [write me!] 13:01, 16 August 2014 (UTC)
The Signpost: 13 August 2014
 I removed a few, but the remainder are other redirect pages that people directed to this disambig. Enigmamsg 23:19, 18 August 2014 (UTC)
Lloret de Mar
Your bot DPL alerting me for disambiguation situations in https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Lloret_de_Mar
I edit references and I hope this situation just solved. Thanks and sorry for any inconvenience --Lamontse (talk) 11:02, 19 August 2014 (UTC)
Did Thomas Fortune Ryan collect Chinese art? Where is his Chinese Art Collection? Did he associate with Loo Chingtsai ( C. T. Loo)?
Hi I read the entry on Thomas Fortune Ryan with interest. Did Thomas Fortune Ryan collect Chinese art? Where is his Chinese Art Collection? Did he associate with Loo Chingtsai ( C. T. Loo)? Best, Ernie Please email me at ernieyehnj@gmail — Preceding unsigned comment added by 鄂鲵叶 (talk • contribs) 01:58, 21 August 2014 (UTC)
The Signpost: 20 August 2014
I know you're not around here that much, but I'm wondering if you (or someone with access - maybe R'n'B or BD2412) can kick the DPL bot. It hasn't updated the recently added list today, and the rest of the DPL reports haven't run today either (the leader board hourly update has missed the last two as well - I don't care about the board, but figured I'd mention it since that's a task that it's missed). -Niceguyedc Go Huskies! 21:21, 25 August 2014 (UTC)
- I've been kicking all day. I may have sprained a toe. :-( but I don't really know what's wrong. Most of these problems are intermittent, but it seems to be getting worse. --R'n'B (call me Russ) 23:57, 25 August 2014 (UTC)
- Booooo on Labs! :) I'll just continue on Today's Dablink Report for now. -Niceguyedc Go Huskies! 01:00, 26 August 2014 (UTC)
Who's running this bot? Or who can fix it?
User:JaGa hasn't replied to my bug report from three weeks ago, despite me bumping my question twice.
The post just above this one mentions that R'n'B and BD2412 have access to fix the bot. Is that correct? Can one of you two fix the problem I mentioned?
(The current situation of bots doing whatever they want without any accountability is really quite annoying. As a human editor, I'm feeling like a second class citizen here.) Gronky (talk) 11:18, 26 August 2014 (UTC)
- Templates to be used in mainspace pages should not have direct disambiguation links. If the intent is to link to a disambiguation page, they should follow WP:INTDABLINK. Human editors are in no better a position than the bot in knowing the source of links. We can see which pages have the most links, and must invest time in checking to see if these can be fixed. bd2412 T 13:24, 26 August 2014 (UTC)
- Sorry for the late reply, but I'm not around much these days, and school is starting up again to boot. The problem, as BD2412 said, is that you'd included a template with TONS of disambigs. The page included the template, the template brought in a ton of disambig links, so the tag got placed. This is normally not a problem because we've managed to correct all disambig links in templates, so this can only happen when someone creates/edits a template with a ton of disambigs.
- I'm not sure I'd call this behavior a bug. The page does transclude the template, after all, and tagging a template would likely be disastrous, given all the different styles of template. So this is the best way to get the links in the template fixed, which I see resolved your problem. --JaGatalk 01:21, 27 August 2014 (UTC)
The Signpost: 27 August 2014
Another uncats issue
There's a new problem at the untagged uncategorized articles toolserver list which I wanted to bring to your attention — even with a replication lag of zero, the toolserver has now picked back up every single article, all the way back to May, that is tagged and is in one of the dated by-month subcategories, and is also failing to drop newly-tagged articles as well. I'm not 100% sure of how the toolserver is actually programmed to determine whether an article is tagged or not, but based on the timing I believe that this is the result of a recent CFD discussion which changed the way the categorization project categories are structured: Category:Category needed and Category:Uncategorized pages have been merged so that all the dated "Uncategorized from..." subcategories are now sitting directly in Category:Uncategorized pages, instead of having Category:Category needed sitting between them — and the undated "all uncategorized pages" master category is now called Category:All uncategorized pages instead.
So my best guess would be that the bot is programmed to compare its initial list to Category:Category needed to determine which ones are already tagged, and is thus picking everything back up because that category's now empty — so if that's indeed the case, you'll need to update the bot to reflect the new change (or figure out what else is going on if my guess is wrong). Thanks. Bearcat (talk) 18:07, 1 September 2014 (UTC)
The Signpost: 03 September 2014
There are issues in the Talk page to article Kidnapping and murder of Mohammed Abu Khdeir, not the least of which is POV (esp. inclusion of unrelated material). One particular editor seems to be trying to hijack this article, even deciding he can remove material from reliable sources. He is trying to enlist support from an Israeli moderator, so for the sake of balance in the discussion, I think someone from a different POV should weigh in as well. Peleio Aquiles (talk) 07:35, 8 September 2014 (UTC)
The Signpost: 10 September 2014