Start a new talk topic.
- 1 I'm very sorry
- 2 Relisting Articles for deletion/Yogic Treatments and Natural Remedies
- 3 An Barnstar for You!
- 4 I don't know how to archive ALL my messages on my talk page, so could you please do it for me?
- 5 Page Move
- 6 Article Feedback deployment
- 7 Happy Easter!!!
- 8 Mentioned you
- 9 Wikipediocracy
- 10 Barnstar
- 11 WikiProject AFC needs your help... again
- 12 October 2013 AFC Backlog elimination drive
- 13 AFC Backlog Drive
- 14 WikiProject Articles for creation Backlog Elimination Drive
I'm very sorry
- It's no big deal, I know your real busy with things I just wanted to get it off my hands, I think I am going to take a break from reviewing GA nominations for a little bit. JayJayWhat did I do? 02:06, 1 March 2013 (UTC)
This batch of Sarkar-related AfDs are my first experience with the AfD process and I've certainly decided to jump in at the deep end. This is the 13th one I've worked on and, for whatever reason, this one has had the most meat puppet activity from the "keep" side. Of the seven "keep" !votes, five of these were by editors with 22 (Anta An), 52 (Knight of Infinity), 13 (Goldenaster), and 36 (Soroboro) and 37 (DezDeMonaaa) edits, respectively.
I had hoped that the SPI would have been completed before the AfD was reviewed, and when it looked like that wasn't going to happen I put in a short comment linking to the active SPI. I'm assuming (and I may be wrong) that if you had noticed that comment and followed up, you would have been a little more reluctant to relist. So as a reviewer, if there is an ongoing SPI dealing with canvassing issues, what's the best way to let you know this? Would using one of the SPI icons have helped? Move the comment containing the SPI link to the top of the discussion?
- I guess I didn't see your comment, I looked at the votes and then relisted it, next time I will check for an active SPI discussions. JayJayWhat did I do? 15:08, 1 March 2013 (UTC)
An Barnstar for You!
The AFC Backlog Buster Barnstar
Congratulations, JayJay! You're receiving The Tireless Contributer Barnstar because you reviewed 101 articles during the recent AFC Backlog elimination drive! Thank you for you contributions to Wikipedia at-large and helping to keep the backlog down. We hope you continue reviewing submissions and stay in touch at the talk page. Thank you and keep up the good work! Mdann52 (talk) 11:10, 1 March 2013 (UTC)
I don't know how to archive ALL my messages on my talk page, so could you please do it for me?
Article Feedback deployment
Hey JayJay; I'm dropping you this note because you've used the article feedback tool in the last month or so. On Thursday and Friday the tool will be down for a major deployment; it should be up by Saturday, failing anything going wrong, and by Monday if something does :). Thanks, Okeyes (WMF) (talk) 23:05, 13 March 2013 (UTC)
So a print encyclopedia, a strawberry shortcake, and a sycamore walk into a bar - wait, have you heard this one? (talk) 23:39, 31 March 2013 (UTC)
- Thanks for notifying me, I think the whole nomination and re-assessment was a mess, partly because of me. I should have been more thorough, maybe it would have prevented the confusion. JayJayWhat did I do? 18:09, 2 May 2013 (UTC)
- Thanks but what am I suppose to say, I endorse my own decision of closing it? JayJayWhat did I do? 22:58, 24 May 2013 (UTC)
- You may if you feel like it :-) The reason I came here is that DRV says to notify closers when their decisions are taken there; I think it's more of an FYI thing than anything else, since lots of people feel awkward about endorsing their own decisions. Nevertheless, your participation could help; when closers give more information about their closes, it can make the situation clearer, since people are likely to understand your thought process better. Nyttend (talk) 23:01, 24 May 2013 (UTC)
Is the Barnstar for my relentless attempts to try and edit the "tip (gratuity)" page? It is all but impossible to make edits on that page. User Cantaloupe2 tags info sourced from major newspapers as "biased" or "opinionated" and deletes it. I have content from the Globe and Mail and the Toronto Star on the subject of tipping in my country (Canada), but Cantaloupe2 just reverts almost all changes. As well, he views adding a few sentence quote as COPYVIO. I looked it up and COPYVIO comes into play when you copy a substantial part of a book...the example WP gives in the CopyVIo section is 400 words from a 500 page book. I have never come across an editor so bent on deleting all material. Meanwhile 90% of the page "tip" is unsourced statements, and Cantaloupe2 does not delete these sections. Just any new material I try to add :)OnBeyondZebrax (talk) 18:04, 6 June 2013 (UTC)