User talk:Jed 20012
Leave any comments, concerns, or complaints on this page.
- 1 AfD nomination of Precisely Right
- 2 AfD nomination of Catholic morality
- 3 Your recent tags...
- 4 Barnstar
- 5 Dates
- 6 List of trigonometric identities
- 7 New Page Patrol survey
- 8 Disambiguation link notification
- 9 Your input is needed on the SOPA initiative
- 10 Barnstar
- 11 A cookie for you!
- 12 New proposals at Wikipedia:Pending changes/Request for Comment 2014
AfD nomination of Precisely Right
An article that you have been involved in editing, Precisely Right, has been listed for deletion. If you are interested in the deletion discussion, please participate by adding your comments at Wikipedia:Articles for deletion/Precisely Right. Thank you.
The article was not deleted due to no consensus on Saturday, December 6th, 2008 Common Era.
|This page was nominated for deletion on 27 November 2008 (UTC). The result of the discussion was no consensus.|
AfD nomination of Catholic morality
An article that you have been involved in editing, Catholic morality, has been listed for deletion. If you are interested in the deletion discussion, please participate by adding your comments at Wikipedia:Articles for deletion/Catholic morality. Thank you. Dawn Bard (talk) 16:15, 23 December 2008 (UTC)
I've noticed you've added tags to a fair number of articles recently. I don't think I agree with some of them, though. A few comments:
- I'd try to be more sparing with the usage of the refimprove tag. As an example, Joan Llorenc is certainly not orphaned, and its references were not particularly problematic either (at least for a short article like that, one reference is often sufficient). National Black Antiwar Antidraft Union could use some rewriting, yes, but it seems decently referenced. The vast majority of articles on Wikipedia are not at the Featured Article standard, but not being up to that level doesn't mean they should be tagged. I'd recommend saving refimprove for longish articles with only 1-3 references, or articles where all the references are irrelevant and/or on only one section of the article.
- "adding warning" is vague as an edit summary and somewhat alarming. Try and say what tags you're adding- "added refimprove and orphan tags" for example (and even better, add "because..." followed by a reason if it's not obvious).
- Re Chicago Jazz: the disambiguation guidelines (Wikipedia:Disambiguation) generally say that disambiguation pages should be at the normal forms of the word, and only be at "foo (disambiguation)" if "foo" is already taken by an article. That isn't true of "Chicago jazz," so no need to create a new page, and furthermore, if you did want to move the page, the proper way to do it would have been to use the "move" option of the tab (which would preserve the history of the page). I realize that this issue is slightly clouded due to the Chicago Jazz article you created, but that is almost certainly a secondary meaning- very clearly the main meaning of Chicago jazz is the music, so if anything perhaps Chicago Jazz should be moved to Chicago Jazz (figure skating) or the like.
Hi, I noticed that you linked a date or two at The Witches Hammer and List of Iron Man: Armored Adventures episodes. This practice is now deprecated. Please see WP:LINKING and WP:MOSNUM. I'm happy to respond to any inquiries you may have about the matter. Ohconfucius (talk) 09:06, 22 May 2009 (UTC)
List of trigonometric identities
I've undone this edit of yours. I've just checked the case n = 4 very carefully both by the usual trivial-but-sometimes laborious algebra that one learns in 9th grade and by plotting graphs of both sides of both proposed identities. It was correct as it stood before you edit. Moreover, your edit summary doesn't make sense. You wrote "error in formula compared to above". What is seen "above" is several concrete special cases, and the formula as it stood was consistent with those, whereas your version was not. As it stands we now have trigonometric polynomials in cosines of multiple angles for three of the tabulated cases: for both even and odd powers of cosine and for even powers of sine. For the fourth case—odd powers of sine—we have trigonometric polynomials in sines of multiple angles. Michael Hardy (talk) 04:31, 11 February 2010 (UTC)
New Page Patrol survey
New page patrol – Survey Invitation
Hello Jed 20012! The WMF is currently developing new tools to make new page patrolling much easier. Whether you have patrolled many pages or only a few, we now need to know about your experience. The survey takes only 6 minutes, and the information you provide will not be shared with third parties other than to assist us in analyzing the results of the survey; the WMF will not use the information to identify you.
Please click HERE to take part.
You are receiving this invitation because you have patrolled new pages. For more information, please see NPP Survey
Hi. When you recently edited Precisely Right, you added a link pointing to the disambiguation page Short program (check to confirm | fix with Dab solver). Such links are almost always unintended, since a disambiguation page is merely a list of "Did you mean..." article titles. Read the FAQ • Join us at the DPL WikiProject.
Your input is needed on the SOPA initiative
Hi Jed 20012,
You are receiving this message either because you expressed an opinion about the proposed SOPA blackout before full blackout and soft blackout were adequately differentiated, or because you expressed general support without specifying a preference. Please ensure that your voice is heard by clarifying your position accordingly.
|The Original Barnstar|
|This barnstar is awarded to everyone who - whatever their opinion - contributed to the discussion about Wikipedia and SOPA. Thank you for being a part of the discussion. Presented by the Wikimedia Foundation.|
|Great to see a science writer! Alanl (talk) 12:41, 12 January 2014 (UTC)|
New proposals at Wikipedia:Pending changes/Request for Comment 2014
Hello. Several new proposals have been submitted at Wikipedia:Pending changes/Request for Comment 2014 since you last commented on it. You are invited to return to comment on the new proposals. Jackmcbarn (talk) 01:14, 16 January 2014 (UTC)