A barnstar for you!
|The Barnstar of Diligence|
|Thanks for all your work cleaning up Wikipedia Buddhism articles and working on so many citations, references, and external links. This type of editing does make a real difference, and it is appreciated. Tengu800 16:46, 6 December 2013 (UTC)|
Hi. Thank you for your recent edits. Wikipedia appreciates your help. We noticed though that when you edited Nanto Rikushū, you added a link pointing to the disambiguation page Huayan (check to confirm | fix with Dab solver). Such links are almost always unintended, since a disambiguation page is merely a list of "Did you mean..." article titles. Read the FAQ • Join us at the DPL WikiProject.
|The Buddhism Barnstar|
|Your name pops-up may times; thanks for all the good work you're doing! Joshua Jonathan -Let's talk! 19:16, 24 March 2014 (UTC)|
If you could add 2 sentences about their political wing that is represented in the diet, their 30 000 membership, the name of their (in 2006) leader and quote his views about the taboo of discussing a Japanese atomic bomb (cited in the the NYT), the article should be a stub and pass the controls. I think the organization is notable and the information is sufficiently referenced. JimRenge (talk) 21:54, 27 March 2014 (UTC)
A barnstar for you!
|The Teamwork Barnstar|
|cheers Catflap08 (talk) 19:31, 27 March 2014 (UTC)|
Hello JimRenge: no problem with your removal of credentials. You are in fact correct on this point. Thank you for all the great work towards enhanced accuracy and utility that you have been doing since you joined Wiki. Warm wishes to you. From Suddha (talk) 23:43, 27 March 2014 (UTC)
God in Buddhism
- Sorry, I always try to help, but some months ago, when I saw this article for the first time, I decided it would be a waste of time for me to edit this one or to add it to my watchlist. Perhaps you can ask Joshua for a 3rd opinion. (Yes, the sutras cited, are primary sources.) JimRenge (talk) 12:30, 21 April 2014 (UTC)
Maybe you could chip in on the Nichiren article. I guess Ltdan means no harm but it was so much hard work to get the article to it's (still not perfect) state. I would hate getting nitty gritty sectarian issues blow it out of proportion yet again. --Catflap08 (talk) 18:56, 22 May 2014 (UTC)
- I just counted the number of reverts, it might be helpful to discuss his text in more detail. I read the text in Buswell first and half of the Stone/Tricycle Interview (all I could get). I will comment on the talk page. JimRenge (talk) 19:24, 22 May 2014 (UTC)
- No problem. I saw it nearly in real time and thought it was a funny mistake. Good work at Buddha nature, I don`t miss the Prajnaparamita section. JimRenge (talk) 19:20, 24 June 2014 (UTC)
Religion in Norway
- Dear JimRenge, following reliable source gives an estimate of 3.7% for Muslims in Norway.
When it comes to image, I think its not wp:UNDUE because image of a Church is also present on the article. It just depicts the religious diversity of Norway. Look at Religion in Guinea-Bissau, it is an image of a church in the lead despite the fact that Christians are only 10% of total population. I hope you will understand. Happy Ramadhan.Septate (talk) 13:40, 30 June 2014 (UTC)
- When it comes to religion in Slovakia, the source which I stated is pretty much reliable because it gives a brief description of Muslims in Slovak lands. I got this source from Islam in Slovakia which states that The number of Muslims is unknown but there might be 5000 Muslims in Slovakia. Looks nothing wrong with it. Thanks again.Septate (talk) 13:55, 30 June 2014 (UTC)
Please stop wikihounding me. Atleast inform me before you make any reverts. Take the example of religion in Kazakhstan. I have provided source. It was your responsibility to ask me to provide source but you simply reverted. Furthermore, your edit summaries at religion in Macedonia were deceptive because there was no image of mosque in Judaism section. If image of mosque was looking too big to you then you should have edited its capitation instead of removing whole image. Use common sense!Septate (talk) 09:48, 5 July 2014 (UTC)
- Feel free to discuss specific edits on the corresponding article talk pages. Please read the comments of several editors on your talk page regarding WP:OR, unconstructive editing, systematic removal of Hinduism, violating the three-revert rule etc. I don`t think that the many corrections, reverts, comments and warnings regarding your edits are wikihounding. If you feel you have good reasons to complain, you might consider following the processes outlined in WP:DR. JimRenge (talk) 19:03, 6 July 2014 (UTC)
- You have still not responded to my question at Talk:Religion in the Czech republic. I am waiting.Septate (talk) 16:52, 7 July 2014 (UTC)
Please have a look at Religion in Liberia, Religion in Somalia and Religion in Ethiopia. A user named as HudaSatria is changing estimates with out proper sources. See his edit history . Since I am a mobile user, I have to do reverts manually which is extremely difficult. I have reverted his edits on Religion in Tanzania and Religion in Kenya and also left a message on his talk page but he left no respose. Also please tell me if Joshua project is a reliable source for statisticd about religion, since it is a christian evangelical website.Thanks.Septate (talk) 15:20, 25 July 2014 (UTC)
- I have reverted his unexplained change of statistical data (not in source) at Religion in Liberia, the other problematic edits of HudaSatria were also reverted. Using the Joshua project as a source for statistical data does not seem to be a good choice. I would prefer neutral, non-sectarian sources. JimRenge (talk) 17:44, 27 July 2014 (UTC)
"Somebody's watching you"
- Sorry, I have realized that this was a good faith edit. My mistake, I have self-reverted. JimRenge (talk) 19:36, 19 July 2014 (UTC)
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/User_talk:VictoriaGrayson/sandbox/Dorje_Shugden_controversyVictoriaGrayson (talk) 20:23, 23 July 2014 (UTC)
Dr. BR Ambedkar
My last change,
Hello Jim. Hope you are fine. You reverted one of my change that I did on B.R. Ambedkar page. . Just want to inform you that my last change was not against consensus or was a laundry list. So please read the difference before you revert it again. Thanks.Akhil Bharathan (talk) 09:55, 24 July 2014 (UTC)
question about content.
Hello Jim Renge, How are you? I asked a question from you Dr.B.R Ambedkar's talk page about the lead. I am of the view that the sentence of his concept as a Bodhisattva should be in lead and rest of his things are already covered in body. I don't think there should be a problem now. Answer me now. Akhil.bharathan (talk) 12:50, 30 July 2014 (UTC)
- Your last comment on the BR Ambedkar talk page was no question. If you have more questions about the interpretation of WP:LEAD in this context, you might ask the experienced editors at the teahouse. JimRenge (talk) 17:39, 30 July 2014 (UTC)
this is about the edit war.
Why do you keep changing my addition of word 'economist' to the BR ambedkar page. He was an well renouned economist and he made sure India will follow socio economic policy according to the constitution. please give a valid reason at earliest otherwise kindly be a gentleman and let me edit the page peacefully. — Preceding unsigned comment added by Rutvickpedamkar (talk • contribs) 17:58, 31 July 2014 (UTC)
- There is no consensus on the talk page for the addition of more professions in the lead. JimRenge (talk) 20:09, 31 July 2014 (UTC)
A kitten for you!
Thanks for pointing out good practice on the Wikipedia talk section!
Hi Jim, My sincerest apologies - I mis-clicked on "Helpsome". No intention whatsoever of "bad practice"! Again thank you for your help as I negotiate through wiki pages! Peace to you ~ Maura Kelley— Preceding unsigned comment added by Maura Kelley (talk • contribs) 19:37, 3 August 2014 (UTC) Jim, the message posted to Helpsome's talk by me goes as follows: Helpsome, The information you removed was simply a neutral reporting of expert professional Wildlife Ecologists and Biologists' scientific analysis. The reports are professional and public documents, and the public has a right to know what the scientists in the field of their expertise have to say (I believe). I request that you please check with your supervisors before making such a judgement decision as to delete their information. This is in NO WAY meant to be any kind of PROMOTION. Perhaps they can explain to you directly if needed? Thank you, Maura Kelley — Preceding unsigned comment added by Maura Kelley (talk • contribs) 19:53, 3 August 2014 (UTC)
- You forgot to copy-paste: "Please send me your email address so I can have the professional wildlife experts and their attorneys contact you." JimRenge (talk) 20:01, 3 August 2014 (UTC)
Yes, glad to explain it. If you look at the article on Undue burden test, there is a cite from a recent court case, in turn citing a prior decision, that characterizes the Undue burden test in exactly those words in quotes within quotes: "Middle way". If you want to edit it down, that's fine with me. Bearian (talk) 23:22, 4 August 2014 (UTC)
Connection Similes Lotus Sutra / Prodigal Son
I agree that the comparison between Chapter 4 of the Lotus sutra and the simile of the prodigal son in the form I had written it might not fit into the teachings section of the article. I have extended the article of the Prodigal son, drawing on the sources you cited. However, I think there should also be some linking / connection between the articles so that the reader of the Lotus sutra article is aware of this similarity. Additionally, the parable is currently not even mentioned in the sutra article at all. What do you think? — Preceding unsigned comment added by Kathedra87 (talk • contribs) 12:16, 8 August 2014 (UTC)
- I think this comparison might better be mentioned in an article "Parable of the poor son (Buddhism)". In the Lotus Sutra article it might be perceived as giving undue weight to misconceptions about one of the 7 (Skt. version: 8) parables in the LS. JimRenge (talk) 22:20, 9 August 2014 (UTC)
Tathāgatagarbha sūtras - Aṅgulimālīya Sūtra
- Thanks, I preferred to cite another private website of Dr. Tony Page: English translation of excerpts from the Angulimaliya Sutra by Stephen Hodge, year unknown, p. 20.
- The "Texts" section (subsections: Tathāgatagarbha Sūtra, Śrīmālādevī Siṃhanāda Sūtra, Anunatva Apurnatva Nirdeśa, Angulimaliya Sūtra) uses religious texts as primary sources without referring to secondary sources that critically analyze them ... Similar problems: Aṅgulimālīya Sūtra / central teachings and Anunatva-Apurnatva-Nirdesa. JimRenge (talk) 15:36, 18 August 2014 (UTC)
Bodhidharma edit warning
Hi, you recently warned a user about the edit they made to the Bodhidharma page. Their edit was not purposely disruptive. They meant to type 7aum Arivu, which translates as "7th Sense." This is a fictionalized portrayal of Bodhidharma's life. I just thought you might like to know. I personally feel the movie is too trivial to add to the page anyway. Best regards, --Ghostexorcist (talk) 13:10, 20 August 2014 (UTC)
- I think the revert of their edit was justified because it did not improve the article and did not conform with WP:lead, but you are right, the warning was too much (self-revert). Thank you very much for your feedback, I`ll think twice in similar situations. Best regards JimRenge (talk) 14:42, 20 August 2014 (UTC)
Ashoka and Buddhism
Read Historian R. Thapar's Book given there. It's an argument, not an assertion. There is no God in Buddhism but Ashoka called Himself as the "Beloved of the Gods".  Read this to know that there is no God or Gods in Buddhism. Ashoka's personal religion is very doubtful and that must be clearly stated. I'll wait for your reply. Thank you.Ghatus (talk) 11:41, 25 August 2014 (UTC)
- I have copied your comment to Talk:Ashoka and will answer there. JimRenge (talk) 12:01, 25 August 2014 (UTC)
- He also apparently is sockpuppetting as User:Wesige putha: Diff Ogress smash! 18:31, 25 August 2014
- I'm a cannibal too in auswitch so? Kalakannija (talk) 20:36, 23 September 2014 (UTC)
Looks like Kalakannija may indeed some mental heakth problems; I'd prefer to approach him in a friendly way. Might be better for his well-being. Joshua Jonathan -Let's talk! 05:34, 26 September 2014 (UTC)
About page Bodu Bala Sena
Dear Jim, There are lot of incorrect information about Bodu Bala Sena page! please try to find correct and true infomation.Don't use anti bodu bala sena websites and news as all references.Quality of wikipedia becoming low from these articles!Use fair,true news articles and websites as references and edit that page! hope you will attention to this matter. thankyou! — Preceding unsigned comment added by Randeepa (talk • contribs) 06:32, 26 September 2014 (UTC)