|Welcome to my talk page. to leave me a message.
If you have come here about a page I deleted, you will probably find the explanation here; if that does not answer your question, click the link just above to leave me a message. Please mention the name of the page, and sign your post with four "tilde" characters ~~~~ so that I know who you are.
If I have left a message on your talk page, please reply there; I am watching it.
If you leave a message here I will usually reply here, but if my reply contains advice I hope you will find useful, I may place it on your talk page. (Talk page stalkers: you are welcome; if you see no reply here, there is probably one on the other talk page; I have decided to stop making a note here when I reply there).
You may E-mail me via the "E-mail this user" link under "Toolbox" in the left-hand sidebar, but you will get a faster response here; I suggest you do not use e-mail unless you need privacy. I will normally reply on your talk page, not by e-mail.
- 1 Regarding Page Deletion and Profile Blocked
- 2 Brendan F. Kelly
- 3 googology MFD deletions
- 4 Request
- 5 Another Request
- 6 Rupert Raj
- 7 Request for review of deleted page
- 8 Hello: This is Michael Sherlock's Publicist
- 9 Thx re: Rupert Raj
- 10 Michaelsherlockpub (talk) 22:56, 3 July 2014 (UTC)michaelsherlockpub
- 11 Thanks for clearing up behind me :-)
- 12 Requests for undeletion
- 13 126.96.36.199 (talk) 23:52, 9 July 2014 (UTC)michaelsherlockpub
Regarding Page Deletion and Profile Blocked
I understand the reason why you have blocked my account. But now I have revised my article to make it more informative rather than promotional. Now I want to post it again on the wikipedia, so can you please unblock my account so that I can post my article on my profile.
- When your account has been blocked, you cannot simply create another one. There are instructions on your original talk page User talk:Josephnicola for how to request an unblock. You need to suggest a username which will represent only you as an individual, not your company, and explain what edits you want to make. Another administrator will review your request; but if what you want to do is to tell the world about your company, you will probably not be unblocked, because that is not what an encyclopedia is for. I will add some advice on that talk page soon: meanwhile, read the Wikipedia:Plain and simple conflict of interest guide. JohnCD (talk) 21:22, 27 June 2014 (UTC)
Brendan F. Kelly
Just wondering why page Brendan F. Kelly (states attorney) was deleted. Many articles referenced, many many more to add. Would like to continue work on it. Important means of communicating with public on public safety efforts. Appreciate whatever help you can provide. 23:10, 25 June 2014 (UTC) — Preceding unsigned comment added by 188.8.131.52 (talk)
- The reasons I deleted the article are explained at Wikipedia:Articles for deletion/Brendan F. Kelly: it read like an election campaign manifesto, full of loaded words like "aggressively" and "innovative" and "active but nuanced". Your reference to it as an "Important means of communicating with public" suggests that you also see a Wikipedia article as a way for Mr Kelly to present himself; but Wikipedia is extremely resistant to being used for any kind of promotion. If you are Mr Kelly, or are employed by or connected with him, you should read the Wikipedia:Plain and simple conflict of interest guide.
- It is possible that a rewrite could be acceptable, but rather than restore the article for you to work on, I seriously suggest that you start from a clean sheet and a completely different approach. Think of yourself not as writing for Mr Kelly, but for Wikipedia about him. Read WP:Your first article, and use the WP:Article Wizard to help you make a draft. Do not go overboard in citing every time he is mentioned in the press: huge numbers of references can be counterproductive, see WP:BOMBARD. A few references that discuss him in some depth are more valuable than dozens of incidental ones. Most importantly, do not try to "sell" him: WP:Neutral point of view is a fundamental policy. The reader should have no idea whether you approve of him or not.
- By the way, you must understand that nobody owns a Wikipedia article, not its first author and least of all its subject. Others can and will edit any article you write, and you will not be able to insist on your preferred version. If Mr Kelly wants an article about himself that he can control, Wikipedia is not the site to come to.
- When you have made a draft, let me know. Maybe I will approve of it, more likely I will send it to the review process at WP:Deletion review. JohnCD (talk) 22:12, 27 June 2014 (UTC)
googology MFD deletions
I hope you don't mind but I helped out with Wikipedia:Miscellany for deletion/User:Jiawhein/sandbox/googology/. -- Ricky81682 (talk) 04:10, 27 June 2014 (UTC)
- @Ricky81682: not at all, I was delighted to have some help. I closed that as delete all shortly before going away for a few days, so only had time to get about a third of the way down the list. What a pity all that imaginative energy couldn't be put to some productive use! If he complains, point him to WP:NFT and refer him to me. JohnCD (talk) 17:05, 27 June 2014 (UTC)
I kanhaiya kumar. I want make my wikipedia clear. Kanhaiyakumar singhaniya. There is something problem. It saw something illegale — Preceding unsigned comment added by 184.108.40.206 (talk • contribs) 15:07, 28 June 2014
- I suppose you are user Kanhaiyakumarsinghaniya (talk). Sorry, but I have already explained on your user talk page that Wikipedia is not a place for you to write about yourself. You can do that at sites like Facebook and LinkedIn, but not here. JohnCD (talk) 21:18, 28 June 2014 (UTC)
Wikipedia:Miscellany for deletion/User:Naresh Kumar Raja Please sir, but it was listed with a MFD tag. I all pages deleted. I'll leave it up to you Please help. — Preceding unsigned comment added by Naresh Poonapalli (talk • contribs) 14:33, 29 June 2014
- @Naresh Poonapalli: sorry, but no. Those pages were all deleted because you and your friends were simply using Wikipedia as a social-networking site to write about each other and send each other messages. There are plenty of sites like Facebook and Myspace and Twitter where you can do that sort of thing, but Wikipedia is not a web-host for activities not connected with building the encyclopedia. JohnCD (talk) 22:12, 29 June 2014 (UTC)
Hi John, I am checking in regarding my re-write of the article on Rupert Raj. I submitted it last September, but it was rejected. Then it was deleted because I did not get back to it in 6 months. I rewrote it substantially (this is my first effort at adding to wikipedia, so I am on a learning curve). I think it is not under reconsideration, but I am not sure, since I can't see it on my dashboard or whatever it's called here. Would you be so kind as to fill me in? BTW I had nothing to do with an earlier effort to get a Raj page up, taken down in 2012 (I am paranoid that this topic has been 'dinged'!). All the best, Brownels (talk) 14:20, 29 June 2014 (UTC)brownels
- @Brownels: I did reply to your request for undeletion, but my reply has got archived. You can see it at Wikipedia:Requests for undeletion/Archive 139#Wikipedia talk:Articles for creation/Rupert Raj and the section below that. In summary, the draft is still at Wikipedia talk:Articles for creation/Rupert Raj, and what you should do now is update that, and then click the blue "Resubmit" button to send it for review. Read WP:Your first article, WP:Writing better articles and WP:Biographies of living persons for advice, and make sure you cite references to reliable independent sources to verify what the article says and establish WP:Notability.
- The more recent you submitted, you put by mistake on the WP:REFUND page, and then removed it. I assume you still have a copy of that: if not, leave a note below here and I will extract it from the history for you. JohnCD (talk) 22:07, 29 June 2014 (UTC)
Hi John, oh thanks so much. I did submit it elsewhere but who knows where it is! I do have a copy on Word, but I did take the time to embed the references here etc. So if it is not too much trouble, it would be great it you could possibly extract it from the history for me--it would save me the time of redoing it all. Then, I will follow the helpful directions you have outlined here. Sorry for the bother. Thanks again, brownelsBrownels (talk) 02:13, 30 June 2014 (UTC)
Hi John-never mind the above--I redid the page following the link you provided, so no need to extract it from the history. I think I did it correctly--fingers crossed! Thx, brownelsBrownels (talk) 03:08, 30 June 2014 (UTC)
Request for review of deleted page
In 2011 you deleted a page called "Faith2Share" which I wrote. At that time I just accepted your decision. However I have more recently had many enquiries as to why there is no reference to Faith2Share (now a major international movement - just Google "Faith2Share" for evidence of this) on Wikipedia. Is there any possibility, plese, of reinstating this page to the sandbox so I can update it and resubmit it? Mark Oxbrow 220.127.116.11 (talk) 15:52, 2 July 2014 (UTC)
- I presume you are user Markoxbrow (talk). The page was deleted as promotional, restored by me in Jan 2011 to a user sub-page at User:Markoxbrow/Faith2Share for you to work on, and then deleted after this discussion because it seemed to have been abandoned. Since you want it work on it again, I have restored it. It needs considerable work to be acceptable - advice on your talk page, but not till tomorrow. Meanwhile, read the Wikipedia:Plain and simple conflict of interest guide and User:JohnCD/Not a noticeboard. JohnCD (talk) 21:39, 2 July 2014 (UTC)
Hello: This is Michael Sherlock's Publicist
My name is Linda Narayan and I am Michael Sherlock's publicist. I have actually written this Wiki page as a biography for him. Will it still be deleted? What do I need to do, so that it is not deleted?
- @Michaelsherlockpub: Wikipedia is not a place for publicists to promote their clients. Please read Wikipedia:Conflict of interest and the Wikipedia:Plain and simple conflict of interest guide. JohnCD (talk) 11:29, 3 July 2014 (UTC)
- Thanks very much for the information. Is it OK then to have just a simple Biography on the author, such as one similar to David McAfee?
Thx re: Rupert Raj
Michaelsherlockpub (talk) 22:56, 3 July 2014 (UTC)michaelsherlockpub
Thank you kindly for all your helpful advice.
I will do as you have suggested and try again. Do I need to create another account, or can I just start another article?
Thanks for clearing up behind me :-)
Requests for undeletion
Wikipedia:Miscellany for deletion/User:Naresh Kumar Raja Hi Sir, But listed With MFD tag. I requests for undeletion my user page. ~~Naresh Poonapalli~~ — Preceding unsigned comment added by Naresh Poonapalli (talk • contribs) 10:31, 9 July 2014 (UTC)
18.104.22.168 (talk) 23:52, 9 July 2014 (UTC)michaelsherlockpub
Thank you John. You have been very helpful and informative. I will take on your suggestions and create another account and start from scratch!