Wikimedia DC invites revolutionaries, free thinkers, and other sundry editors to a DC WikiSalon
The WikiSalon is a special meetup usually held during the first and third full weeks of every month, from 7 PM to 9 PM. It's an informal gathering of Wikimedia enthusiasts, who come together to discuss Wikimedia wikis and collaboratively edit. There's no set agenda, and guests are welcome to recommend articles for the group to edit or edit on their own.
If you're coming by Metro, the closest station is Dupont Circle (on the Red Line). If you're driving, a lot of parking opens up downtown after 6:30 PM, so finding a parking space (even a free one) should be easy. Once you've found the building, go to Cove on the second floor. We will be in the conference room.
When: Wednesday, September 17, 2014 at 7:00 PM to 9:00 PM
Where: The Cove, Dupont Circle, 1730 Connecticut Avenue NW, 2nd floor, 20009, DC
For more information, see http://www.meetup.com/Wikimedia-DC/events/205500822/
Wikimedia DC's Wonderful meetups
Wikimedia DC's Upcoming meetups
- Thursday, September 11: “Wikipedia and YOUR History: Taking Control of the Internet, One Article at a Time!”
- A presentation at the Laurel Historical Society about how you can help verify, validate, and edit the information that is on the front line of local history. Laurel Pool Room, 9th and Main Street in Laurel, MD. 7 PM.
- Wednesday, September 17: WikiSalon
- Come for the pizza, stay for the conversation. 7 PM – 9 PM
- Saturday, September 20: September Meetup
- Get dinner and drinks with fellow Wikipedians! 6 PM
- Sunday, September 21: Laurel History Edit-a-Thon
- Local history for Wikipedia! 10:15 AM – 4 PM
- Saturday, September 27 – Sunday, September 28: Please RSVP for the Open Government WikiHack at Eventbrite by clicking on the link. The National Archives and Records Administration and Wikimedia DC are teaming up to come up with solutions that help integrate government data into Wikipedia. 10:30 AM – 5 PM each day