User talk:John from Idegon
WP:RETENTION This editor is willing to lend a helping hand. Just ask.
|Archives for the John from Idegon talk page|
|1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10, 11, 12, 13, 14, 15, 16, 17, 18, 19, 20, 21, 22, 23, 24, 25, 26, 27, 28, 29, 30, 31, 32, 33
The Signpost: 10 December 2014
- Op-ed: It's GLAM up North!
- Traffic report: Dead Black Men and Science Fiction
- Featured content: Honour him, love and obey? Good idea with military leaders.
- Hardly. :) There are two groups of editors that I am part of that mutually "stalk" each other (I know--thats redundent). Buster and I are both part of the editor retention project. Besides which we are both native Chicagoains and Cubs fans and roughly the same age. FyI the other is a group of guys and gals that edit high school articles. Keep on keepin on 32! If your edits go to the other side of Lake Michigan, hollar. Michigan is another "Wiki-concentration" of mine. John from Idegon (talk) 04:10, 15 December 2014 (UTC)
On the lookout for Images
- Buster I would suggest making an enquiry at the NRHP Project's talk page. There is a link to the project on my userpage in a userbox. They are the ones to ask about the federal government's photo database. Photos that are the property of the federal government are never copyrighted. That does not sadly apply to state and local government. Also, try a google image search. There is an option in advance settings to filter for liscense type. Anything without a copyright or with the liscenses that are listed by the save button every time you edit are fine. Still no PC for me. Sorry. John from Idegon (talk) 05:58, 15 December 2014 (UTC)
Hey friend. I've actually really enjoyed editing New Jersey. Last night I brought back to life Harrisville, New Jersey. It's in rough shape, and had pretty much been hidden because no one had linked it to Burlington County. All I did was add a county template, and include it on the Burlington County, New Jersey article. I love the geo stubs, and from time to time have found some gems. Look at Crossley, New Jersey, Princeton, Mississippi, Commerce, Mississippi, and Prentiss, Bolivar County, Mississippi. Look at Bruinsburg, Mississippi, and the link I was able to add to Normandy landings about that ghost town. I "unearthed" a forgotten funeral held in Memphis for MLK, and feel as if I've contributed to knowledge (and helped dozens of kids with their research projects)--as have you and so many others I admire. Thanks for your edits and all you do for Wiki. Cheers! Magnolia677 (talk) 00:59, 18 December 2014 (UTC)
The Signpost: 17 December 2014
- Arbitration report: Arbitration Committee election results
- Featured content: Tripping hither, tripping thither, Nobody knows why or whither; We must dance and we must sing, Round about our fairy ring!
- Traffic report: A December Lull