User talk:Just plain Bill
Hi. Bill here. carry on...
I will answer you here, so please watch this page if you start a new heading.
If I start one on your talk page, I will watch there, to keep the discussion on one page.
(see history archive 1 for stuff that was cleared out 2008 Aug 5)
Please add new messages to the bottom of the page. That is where I look first.
- 1 RM for "Musical scale"
- 2 Thanks
- 3 ABC notation external links
- 4 Thanks.
- 5 Thanks!
- 6 Non-noise on Noise
- 7 19 limit
- 8 List of Fiddlers
- 9 Fallacy of quoting out of context
- 10 International Academy of Macomb
- 11 Anyone home?
- 12 Opinion needed
- 13 A beer for you!
- 14 Found a good pic of a cello we need, but its in German
- 15 Cello is getting better, I think
- 16 Fighting Vandalism on the Recorder page
- 17 Speedy deletion nomination of Alexander Kniazev
RM for "Musical scale"
NoeticaTea? 23:42, 20 June 2012 (UTC)
In Wikipedia talk:Article titles#The disambiguation policy does not respect the naming criteria I started a crucial discussion about the controversial policy that some people (improperly) uses to reject this RM. I was wondering whether you were interested to participate. I would love to have your support. Paolo.dL (talk) 20:22, 23 June 2012 (UTC)
|The Science Barnstar|
|For fixing long-term vandalism at 10000. — Arthur Rubin (talk) 01:05, 3 July 2012 (UTC)|
Hello Bill. May I please ask why you reverted this edit to ABC notation? Citing the need for discussion doesn't tell me what was wrong with the modification. Thanks. Michael Anon 18:11, 28 August 2012 (UTC)
- I have opened a topic on the article's discussion page. See WP:BRD __ Just plain Bill (talk) 19:38, 28 August 2012 (UTC)
Just wanted to thank you for specifying on the page "Knowledge." I hadn't realized that that was one of the main pages that linked toward philosophy. — Preceding unsigned comment added by 188.8.131.52 (talk) 01:35, 25 October 2012 (UTC)
- You are very welcome. Last time I checked, it looped back to itself, which makes it a magnet for get to philosophy-related edits. __ Just plain Bill (talk) 02:51, 25 October 2012 (UTC)
I looked around to clean up that moron's mess, but it looks like you beat me to it.
- At least now they will need a new account for any more shenanigans like that. __ Just plain Bill (talk) 21:37, 27 October 2012 (UTC)
Re; reverting my edit of adding e.g. Total Noise to statement; "In some fields, noise means unwanted information or data that is not relevant to the hypothesis or theory being investigated or tested." that has no citation. Why is this not OR without a citation and what are examples of? I thought the contribution added significantly; but, I am newbee and learning.--Wikipietime (talk) 21:12, 29 November 2012 (UTC)
- Discussing this at Talk:Noise will get better exposure to the editors who take an interest in that page. I am not so much concerned with OR in this case, but see it more as a matter of giving undue weight to a topic whose notability is not yet established. __ Just plain Bill (talk) 00:52, 30 November 2012 (UTC)
Bill, would you consider expanding your marvellous graphic of equal temperaments X natural proportions up to limit 19? It would be useful, at least to me, who work with that! Brilliant work, would love to connect with you outside wikipedia. Thanks — Preceding unsigned comment added by Contribuidor (talk • contribs) 23:42, 17 January 2013 (UTC)
- Well, I do not know anything about 17- and 19-limit schemes. Perhaps you could suggest appropriate ratios to include in the diagram? __ Just plain Bill (talk) 16:35, 18 January 2013 (UTC)
List of Fiddlers
Fallacy of quoting out of context
Thanks for the tip. I'm new to editing, so I didn't know about talk pages. :P
International Academy of Macomb
Hi Just plain Bill, Recently, you have been removing the majority of the information on the International Academy of Macomb's Wiki page. I completely understand your resoning because some of the information does sound ludicrous, but it is all true in some way or form. Thank you for looking out for this, but I would please ask that you stop.
- The standard for inclusion in Wikipedia is verifiability, not truth. Also see WP:PEACOCK for reasons why the frivolous content you keep adding is unencyclopedic. __ Just plain Bill (talk) 18:45, 5 May 2013 (UTC)
Hi Just plain Bill, I recently removed the 'Peacock' words from the International Academy of Macomb page. Please let me know if this looks better.
- Nope. It looks like you just put the fluff back in pretty much verbatim. __ Just plain Bill (talk) 19:28, 5 May 2013 (UTC)
Hello Just plain Bill- I have a few questions about the cello article, can you maybe help a fellow cellist out? I would very much like to get the cello article back to GA status, the article, my playing, not so much, arthritis, cruel thingCoal town guy (talk) 01:55, 9 July 2013 (UTC)
- I've got my eyes on the article. Not sure how much help I can be, but I will probably pop in from time to time. __ Just plain Bill (talk) 02:10, 9 July 2013 (UTC)
I was thinking of redirecting playing the cello article to cello technique. Which is exactly what the violin series does. I am OK with the concept, BUT that does not mean alot unless others would concur. I am afraid of the playing the cello article becoming a how to which wikipedia frowns onCoal town guy (talk) 22:47, 9 July 2013 (UTC)
A beer for you!
|Appreciate the action on the cello technique page. Coal town guy (talk) 15:15, 10 July 2013 (UTC)|
Found a good pic of a cello we need, but its in German
Hey Bill. I found this parts of the cello image on commons. It is however in German. I can translate easily. Do you know if I am allowed to do so as it is a GNI image?????Coal town guy (talk) 20:01, 12 July 2013 (UTC)
- Should be no problem uploading a copy of the image with English labels as you did, keeping the same licenses. __ Just plain Bill (talk) 21:46, 12 July 2013 (UTC)
Cello is getting better, I think
Hey there, I have done some changes in the article for tables, dates and formats. I have also removed data as it is purely subjective and had no ref to back it up. If you would take a look and see what you think. I have quyite a few more edits, BUT its getting there. Many thanksCoal town guy (talk) 17:05, 17 July 2013 (UTC)
Fighting Vandalism on the Recorder page
There is currently a discussion at Wikipedia:Administrators' noticeboard/Incidents regarding an issue with which you may have been involved. Thank you.
Speedy deletion nomination of Alexander Kniazev
A tag has been placed on Alexander Kniazev requesting that it be speedily deleted from Wikipedia. This has been done under section A7 of the criteria for speedy deletion, because the article appears to be about a band or musician, but it does not indicate how or why the subject is important or significant: that is, why an article about that subject should be included in an encyclopedia. Under the criteria for speedy deletion, such articles may be deleted at any time. Please read more about what is generally accepted as notable.
If you think this page should not be deleted for this reason, you may contest the nomination by visiting the page and clicking the button labelled "Click here to contest this speedy deletion". This will give you the opportunity to explain why you believe the page should not be deleted. However, be aware that once a page is tagged for speedy deletion, it may be removed without delay. Please do not remove the speedy deletion tag from the page yourself, but do not hesitate to add information in line with Wikipedia's policies and guidelines. If the page is deleted, and you wish to retrieve the deleted material for future reference or improvement, you can place a request here. Epeefleche (talk) 02:21, 26 March 2014 (UTC)