Here is the archive. I will archive all completed discussions that are more than a week old.
Hi Jwoodward48wiki. The Plot Summary contained quite a lot of information that was already present in the introduction and better off there, for example "takes place in India". I didn't think I removed anything that was not present elsewhere on the page. I also removed a reference to "the Darkness" ('a rural village in "the Darkness"') which I found confusing since this phrase is particular to the book. I also found it unhepful to describe Ashok as "the son of the Stork" since we don't know who the Stork is. AlexPenson (talk) 19:30, 21 July 2014 (UTC) AlexPenson
Do not edit others' comments
Please do not edit others' talk page comments, as you did here, here, and here. As this warning says, "talk pages are meant to be a record of a discussion; deleting or editing legitimate comments is considered bad practice, even if you meant well. Even making spelling and grammatical corrections in others' comments is generally frowned upon, as it tends to irritate the users whose comments you are correcting." 22.214.171.124 (talk) 21:44, 21 July 2014 (UTC)
1. The show credits from the web series list her name as Velvet Scarlatina, not Scarlet Velvetina. 2. Scarlatina is the medical term for Scarlet Fever hence the "reference to Scarlet Fever."
If you feel that Velvet Scarlatina does not fit the Scarlet (color) page, then by all means, delete the addition. But please do not revert the character name to the incorrect version again. Mercen-X (talk) 18:46, 21 July 2014 (UTC)
- Sorry, thought it might be vandalism. No objections to the listing. Sorry again. Jwoodward48wiki (talk) 01:48, 22 July 2014 (UTC)
Teahouse talkback: you've got messages!
Fernando Rodney Edit Question
Why is a brief recap of a part of a baseball game somehow more constructive and relevant than an explanation of the purpose of the tribute in his monicker itself?
Privacy for young users
Hi Jwood. I was look at your Userboxes and saw that you placed a userbox stating that your still in school. It is not advisable to share those things on Wikipedia(Sexual Predators and all that)You don't have to remove them but I'm just cautioning you. Also, looking into your question at the teahouse, I began to wonder why you would ask a question there, as it is clear that you have Twinkle and reported him yourself, and by the Userboxes you've created.Mirror Freak 19:00, 24 July 2014 (UTC)
- I'm sort of confused about stuff in general. First, I asked the question; then, I discovered the Admin place. Jwoodward48wiki (talk) 19:14, 24 July 2014 (UTC)
Teahouse talkback: you've got messages!
Glossary of anime and manga
I added a link to the Wikipedia article about the word 'baka' in order to add a definition to a word that was undefined. It's a glossary after all and having a word listed without a definition made the word 'baka' look like a synonym of 'Bakunyū' which it isn't. I had previously tried to simply define the word, unsourced, as it's used in anime, but that was reverted. So instead I linked to an article that is a detailed definition of the word. The article is well written and well sourced. — Preceding unsigned comment added by Jph (talk • contribs) 21:38, 24 July 2014 (UTC)
- Sorry, I just started using a RC-Patrol aide. I know that isn't an excuse, but it looked like you had blanked the section. I just reverted my revert. Jwoodward48wiki (talk) 23:34, 24 July 2014 (UTC)
Recent edit undone.
You undid an edit I made to the portion of Regina Calcaterra bio regarding her failed run for a New York State Senate seat. I ask you to consider the following: My edit simply explained the reason that she was removed from the ballot - her failure to be a resident of the district she was running to represent - and which provided a citation to the appellate division decision determining that issue. In light of the existing text immediately before my edit which stated that she was removed by the action of "her opponent's supporters", which leaves an impression that this was done for simple partisan political motives - it seems to me that an explanation of the reason she was removed from the ballot not only clarifies the record, but provides needed context in the face of existing inclarity and supposition. Possibly my editing the language related to who had brought the case against her was offensive. I can certainly understand that position. Accordingly, I've re-edited the text to simply add at the end of the last sentence the reason for her removal and to identify the citation to the court case. I have not changed the existing reference to who sought her removal. If you believe that a reversion is needed, I will bow to your considered judgment. Regards,
- Sorry; I keep on getting posts about my reverts being reverted. For 1 hour, I made mistakes every 10 minutes due to a misunderstanding of the content of the edits. Both vandalism and constructive edits (that should have stayed) looked like vandalism. I apologize; by all means, you may keep your edit. I have since figured out what went wrong, and from now on, I will look closely at an edit before I revert it. Sorry again, Jwoodward48wiki (talk) 20:08, 25 July 2014 (UTC)
- Thanks! I just started patrolling the Short Pages page, and I didn't see G7. Jwoodward48wiki (talk) 18:11, 26 July 2014 (UTC)
- You're welcome! They've been deleted now. 18:13, 26 July 2014 (UTC)
New Editing activity
Hello Edward, Thank you for 'talking' to me. I am writing a book on renewable energy and in consulting the wonderful Wiki I often see things and sometimes take the time, so little needed, to top up the quality of spelling or something. However, I didn't even significantly improve things as you pointed out, but I will probably keep trying as I move around the lightest of editorial footprints on Wikipedia. Its such an excellent resource.