|| | | | | | | ||
is anyone still on the same team they were this morning?
happy trade deadline chaos. Hope all is well in Keeperville. PS: Yankees = Stinkees this season StarM 02:56, 1 August 2014 (UTC)
- Heh. We gave Sam Fuld back to Oakland for a washed up pitcher. That be about it. Small market teams never make out well on trades. Speaking of Stinkees - that also rhymes with Twinkies. I feel for yank fans this year - what are there, like 3 players left that started the season? Injury bug strikes for sure. Keeperville is hopping mad. Crazy busy summer, but for the most part, good stuff. Football last night, not much to see in purple/gold - new QB looks promising....in about 3 years.....for another team....after we lose patience with him....Keeper | 76 20:31, 9 August 2014 (UTC)
- the Legend of Sam Fuld. Scary news about your top prospect. Sounds like he'll be OK though? I don't think there are even three. Tex, McCann, Jeter, Gardner, ok maybe 5 with Robertson. It's pathetic. Just hope it means they clean house. StarM 23:51, 15 August 2014 (UTC)
Twinkies are historically consistent
- I don't even want to talk about it. Ugh. I'm a huge gardy fan, but even I have my limits.... Keeper | 76 04:00, 10 September 2014 (UTC)
The one place for all news baseball
...for various definitions of "all"
Hey Keeper. In keeping (I'm hilarious) with tradition I've replied on your talk page and eschewed that newfangled "pinging" the kids are so enamored with. Thanks for the note on my page. I've been off and on with actual Wikipedia things for the past few years (with an edit counter mostly revealing that I should've gone outside more in 2008), but I do love seeing this talk page get used as the world's weirdest distributed water cooler.
In baseball news, I live in Rhode Island now so I guess I'm supposed to support the Red Sox, or at least hate the Yankees. I did get to a few games at Fenway, which is a cool park. Not sure if it is cool enough to pay 5 dollars for a coke, but pretty cool. The majority of my baseball interest of late has been making skeptical side-eyes at the atlantic, so...not extensive.
Oh, if you're still in the Twin Cities area (zomg WP:OUTING) you should check out Brasa it looks like (and probably is) hipster nonsense but the food is great and it is nice to go to a tapas style place without being fed soggy tortillas between $45 dollar pitchers of Sangria. Protonk (talk) 13:49, 12 September 2014 (UTC)
- Ah, Rhode Island, the mini-me of states: weirdly named, weirdly shaped, weirdly governed. :-) Been through there once, didn't stay long enough to have anything other than a typical midwesterner's vague impression of crowdedness and seafood smell.
- I'm surprised to hear how inexpensive soda is at fenway. Here at the house that Joe Mauer's inflated contract built , we aren't so fortunate.
- Brasa is amazing. If you find yourself in the area (I would recommend waiting 6-9 months, it could snow any day now), ping me and I'll build you a list of local spots that would be well worth your time to hit up.
- And as for edit counters, yeah 2008. Definitely one of my paler years as well. :-) Stay well, Keeper | 76 11:11, 20 September 2014 (UTC)
- seeing this talk page get used as the world's weirdest distributed water cooler. best quote ever. Twins suck, Yankees suck (Stinkees as a colleague's daughter calls them) and Sox suck... and my Giants are 0-2. Ooph. You did get good Phil Hughes though. StarM 02:16, 21 September 2014 (UTC)
I am not certain if this is the correct method to request undeletion of an article. A Wikipage suggested to address the final editor of the article's deletion discussion - about IM Lawrence Trent: https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Wikipedia:Articles_for_deletion/Lawrence_Trent. I can cite new evidence for notability, which occurred after the article's deletion. Where should I share this evidence to have it considered for undeletion? Req: Science Law Chess (talk) 03:47, 10 October 2014 (UTC)
- @Req: Science Law Chess: I'd be willing to move the article into a sandbox for you so you could add those sources to the page. Once you've done that and it looks like the article would address the reasons for deletion given in that debate I'd be happy to move it back into article space. Does that work for you? Protonk (talk) 15:06, 10 October 2014 (UTC)
- @Protonk: That will work, thanks! Just show me where to go, and I will get started. Req: Science Law Chess (talk) 23:25, 10 October 2014 (UTC)
Hints of vandalism?
Article Italian Fascism is the case in question. I have added sourced material and at the same time removing that which appears twice (tautologies) or or has nothing to do with the article (ex. Aldo Finzi unnecessary bio descriptions that can be read from the relevant WP article) and reorganisation of sections. Furthermore the I added a more neutral tone the section - Relations with the Catholic Church from Cooperation with the Catholic Church which had a certain biased Anti-Catholic edge to it and added a introductory sentence. I wrote about my additions and changes on the talk page without any ensuing discussion/commentary. Still two editors (maybe one and the same) have delated all the work that was put in. I have again reverted it communicated to them my aim of the changes and hope they would join in the discussion, but to no avail. Sorry for troubling! Cheers, No Source - No Valid Source (talk) 12:35, 21 December 2014 (UTC)