User talk:King of Hearts
|This administrator has volunteered for an administrator review. You may comment on his or her administrative actions at Wikipedia:Administrator review/King of Hearts.|
Old talk is at /Archive.
Please note that I will usually reply to messages on this page, unless you ask me respond elsewhere.
Please use the link provided in the blue box above which says "Please leave a new message."
This way, you will be able to give your comment a subject/headline.
Please keep your comments concise. I do not want to read an essay.
- 1 Tech News: 2015-10
- 2 The Signpost: 04 March 2015
- 3 Questions
- 4 Questions
- 5 Tech News: 2015-11
- 6 Sunday March 22: Wikipedia Day NYC Celebration and Mini-Conference
- 7 The Signpost: 11 March 2015
- 8 Tech News: 2015-12
- 9 page
- 10 The Signpost: 18 March 2015
- 11 Wikipedia Day 2015 at Barnard - Lightning Talk
- 12 Tech News: 2015-13
- 13 The Signpost – Volume 11, Issue 12 – 25 March 2015
16:41, 2 March 2015 (UTC)
The Signpost: 04 March 2015
- From the editor: A sign of the times—the Signpost revamps its internal structure to make contributing easier
- Interview: Meet a paid editor
- Traffic report: Attack of the movies
- Technology report: Bugs, Repairs, and Internal Operational News
- Featured content: Ploughing fields and trading horses with Rosa Bonheur
As one involved in SPIs, can you answer the following questions please.
1. If a checkuser spontaneously blocks a named account as a sock, with no SPI and no other discussion at all, should the blocked account be tagged as "confirmed" or as "suspected"?
2. Should a normal administrator (non-checkuser) blocking a named account ever tag it as "confirmed" when there has been no SPI and no checkuser involvement? 126.96.36.199 (talk) 22:09, 5 March 2015 (UTC)
- First of all, an admin is able to do it; there is no need to be a bureaucrat. Secondly, just because they can do it doesn't mean they will. -- King of ♥ ♦ ♣ ♠ 18:36, 7 March 2015 (UTC)
15:18, 9 March 2015 (UTC)
Sunday March 22: Wikipedia Day NYC Celebration and Mini-Conference
|Sunday March 22: Wikipedia Day NYC 2015|
You are invited to join us at Barnard College for Wikipedia Day NYC 2015, a Wikipedia celebration and mini-conference for the project's 14th birthday. In addition to the party, the event will be a participatory unconference, with plenary panels, lightning talks, and of course open space sessions.
We also hope for the participation of our friends from the Free Culture movement and from educational and cultural institutions interested in developing free knowledge projects.
We especially encourage folks to add your 5-minute lightning talks to our roster, and otherwise join in the "open space" experience! Newcomers are very welcome! Bring your friends and colleagues! --Pharos (talk) 21:58, 9 March 2015 (UTC)
(You can subscribe/unsubscribe from future notifications for NYC-area events by adding or removing your name from this list.)
The Signpost: 11 March 2015
- Special report: An advance look at the WMF's fundraising survey
- In the media: Gamergate; a Wiki hoax; Kanye West
- Traffic report: Wikipedia: handing knowledge to the world, one prank at a time
- Featured content: Here they come, the couple plighted –
- Op-ed: Why the Core Contest matters
15:15, 16 March 2015 (UTC)
hello it says a wikipedia page was deleted a while back by you for someone by the name of Mahad Dar for lack of sources i believe. i noticed he is tagged in a lot of wiki pages such as executive producing band a make her dance for juicy j lil wayne and 2 chainz and also for executive producing ali bomaye for the game rick ross and 2 chains and when i googled him he had so much content pull up and so much info on who he is and what he does. don't you think he should have a page now? you should google him. — Preceding unsigned comment added by Adamvoorhees (talk • contribs) 09:27, 18 March 2015 (UTC)
The Signpost: 18 March 2015
- From the editor: A salute to Pine
- Featured content: A woman who loved kings, a king who loved angels ...
- Traffic report: It's not cricket
Wikipedia Day 2015 at Barnard - Lightning Talk
Hi King of Hearts!
I enjoyed your talk on Freedom of panorama at the event today. I wasn't sure if you had a presentation that you used. If you did, would you mind adding it as a sub-bullet resource to your entry in the Wikipedia:Meetup/NYC/Wikipedia Day 2015#Lightning talks area? Or if there are any resources that might add to your lightning talk entry, please also add those! :-) All the best -- Erika aka BrillLyle (talk) 05:05, 23 March 2015 (UTC)
- No, it was a spontaneous decision to give a talk at the last-minute urging by Pharos. The Commons FoP page is pretty much all that's important. -- King of ♥ ♦ ♣ ♠ 05:07, 23 March 2015 (UTC)
15:10, 23 March 2015 (UTC)
The Signpost – Volume 11, Issue 12 – 25 March 2015
- News and notes: Wikimedia Foundation adopts open-access research policy
- Featured content: A carnival of animals, a river of dung, a wasteland of uncles, and some people with attitude
- Special report: Wikimedia Commons Picture of the Year 2014
- Traffic report: Oddly familiar
- Recent research: Most important people; respiratory reliability; academic attitudes