|Please do start a new topic, but remember to:
- 1 Misuse of warnings
- 2 re: "Analysis of results"
- 3 Arun Budhathoki
- 4 A barnstar for you!
- 5 User:SDPatrolBot - minor issue
- 6 Thanks for SDPatrolBot
- 7 WikiAlerter Talkback
- 8 KingpinBot doesn't archive "Requests for permissions" requests
- 9 Request for attention
- 10 Thanks
- 11 Need assistance with citation on a page
- 12 Talkback
- 13 Talkback
- 14 New REFBot
- 15 ???
- 16 A barnstar for you!
- 17 A barnstar for you!
- 18 Request for WikiAlerter Permissions
- 19 Request to use WikiAlerter
Misuse of warnings
re: "Analysis of results"
Oliver gave a good answer, but as an FYI, the research documentation for the VisualEditor test is public and has a pretty clear list of the research questions plus metrics. I think that might answer your question. Steven Walling (WMF) • talk 19:07, 26 June 2013 (UTC)
It seems that your bot SDPatrolBot has asked for speedy deletion of http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Arun_Budhathoki. I kindly request to avert the decision as it's about an emerging Nepali poet from Nepal and all the sources are genuine. Please help instead to improve it. Thank you very much
A barnstar for you!
|The Technical Barnstar|
|For making User:SDPatrolBot, back online after a bit of a hiatus. Excellent bot, saves a lot of work. Also, SDPatrolBot's talk page is very surreal... Howicus (talk) 01:11, 29 June 2013 (UTC)|
- Thanks Howicus. Hopefully should be able to keep the bot running slightly more consistently now. Haha, yes I should probably archive those year old messages - Kingpin13 (talk) 00:07, 30 June 2013 (UTC)
User:SDPatrolBot - minor issue
Hi, I closed the deletion discussion for Alexander Montagu, 13th Duke of Manchester as a delete with the creation of a redirect (due to legal issues with the Duke's title, we're discussing whether the redirect is appropriate). I created Alexander Montagu, 13th Duke of Manchester with a soft redirect as part of my closure of the deletion discussion and all was well, until it was improperly tagged by a relatively new editor. I tried to remove the CSD tag as the page is a result of a deletion discussion and speedy deletion is inappropriate, but was reverted by your bot and warned, this happened again (I assumed the bot wouldn't revert me a second time, but it did). I considered disabling the bot at this point, as it was interfering with part of the closure of an AfD, but decided against it, instead choosing to protect the page in order to prevent SDPatrolBot from making an edit. I realise this is a most unusual set of circumstances, but I thought I would raise it here for a couple of reasons, mainly to let you know in case there are errors that leave you a little confused, and also to see if there are ways to avoid adding back CSD templates on redirects created as a result of an AfD. Apologies if all of that is gibberish, it's late and I'm tired, just ask if you need to know more. Cheers, Nick (talk) 23:12, 29 June 2013 (UTC)
- Hi Nick. Generally in this kind of case my advice is simply to sit tight and wait for someone else to remove the tag, and not worry too much about it in the meantime. However, this particular scenario is actually quite common, so the bot does have a check to restrict it from replacing CSD templates removed by the creator of the page, if the page was created as the result of a page move (leaving a redirect behind). In this case, I see that you actually originally deleted the page without leaving a redirect, and then manually placed a soft redirect on the article. I assume that was in order to use a soft redirect instead of a normal one (although I'm not quite sure why you opted for that?) but in the future leaving a redirect behind during the deletion process would prevent this issue. - Kingpin13 (talk) 00:07, 30 June 2013 (UTC)
- The page had a bit of an unusual history, there's a question hanging over whether we should call Alexander the 13th Duke and during the AfD, the page was moved by someone else from Alexander Montagu, 13th Duke of Manchester to Alexander Montagu, which was the page with all the history that I deleted, the redirect was moved to 13th Duke of Manchester as that has the history stemming from the page move and at one point I considered that the more likely page to survive. The current soft redirect at Alexander Montagu, 13th Duke of Manchester is intended to be a temporary measure whilst a decision is made and if necessary, templates and succession boxes are updated. Yes, I'm slightly regretting closing the AfD. Nick (talk) 08:58, 30 June 2013 (UTC)
Thanks for SDPatrolBot
Hey.. I today only found about SDPatrolBot while doing some NPP. It's excellent and saves effort to keep track of users removing CSD tag from articles created by themselves. Thanks for bring it online again.--Vigyanitalkਯੋਗਦਾਨ 09:19, 3 July 2013 (UTC)
KingpinBot doesn't archive "Requests for permissions" requests
- Thanks for the heads up. I was on holiday though, so the bot has been running now since I got back. Cheers, - Kingpin13 (talk) 09:23, 31 July 2013 (UTC)
Request for attention
You're listed as an active member of the Bot Approvals Group. I would like to draw your attention to the outstanding WP:BRFA requests (including requests that are specificly flagging as need BAG attention). Please take a few minutes out of your busy schedule and take a look at the open requests. Thank you Hasteur (talk) 18:12, 31 July 2013 (UTC)
- Hi Kingpin13! Once again, there are quite a few Requests for bot approval that are awaiting BAG assistance. Would you be willing to look at some of these? Thanks in advance! GoingBatty (talk) 23:15, 3 May 2014 (UTC)
Need assistance with citation on a page
First, I still owe you a response on Dr. Allan Schore's work - please give me more time as I am trying to get past a term of grad school.
My reason for writing this is because I have run into a snag with proper citation syntax. Please see https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Prontosil I added information regarding the usage of Prontosil in the United States and had two references. The link seemed to work fine but the book did not. The book's APA Style cite is: Chandler, C.A. (1950). Famous Men of Medicine. New York: Dodd, Mead & Co.
I'm not exactly sure how to "embed" the source. I needed more time to read through the help pages but its 3am here and I need to go.
Could you please double-check this page for me and let me know it is all right. I'll then go back and see what you did for my reference. I kept looking for an add 'reference footnote' link or something to that affect. I am spoiled with EndNote, I guess.
Hi. If you write any code towards such a bot, please reply there. :) If you need someone to host and run any .NET bot that you write, just ask there: I suspect that someone will volunteer. —Unforgettableid (talk) 04:43, 16 October 2013 (UTC)
Re adding Wikipedia:Requests for permissions/Template editor the bot's list of permission request pages to archive. Callanecc (talk • contribs • logs) 22:10, 17 October 2013 (UTC)
- ^Seconded :) I came to request the same thing. We've got a new permission page at WP:PERM for template editor. Thanks in advance Kingpin13. equazcion → 20:26, 18 Oct 2013 (UTC)
- Just saw the first archiving -- Thanks :) equazcion → 01:35, 19 Oct 2013 (UTC)
There is a suggestion on Wikipedia:Bot requests#New REFBot for a new REFBot working as DPL bot and BracketBot do. I beg politely for consideration. Please leave a comment if you wish. Maybe you could work on it like you did it with other projects? That would be fine. Thanks a lot in anticipation. -- Frze (talk · contribs) 10:27, 22 October 2013 (UTC)
I have received a message and a threat from this user (bot?) for alleged vandalism dating back to 2009. The vandalism is on pages I haven't even read, let alone edited. I certainly wasn't on this IP back then. Kindly fix your defective bot. — Preceding unsigned comment added by 18.104.22.168 (talk) 08:07, 4 January 2014 (UTC)
A barnstar for you!
|The Brilliant Idea Barnstar|
|This is a awesome article... My sincere Congratulations! Blogger 20 (talk) 19:23, 3 February 2014 (UTC)|
A barnstar for you!
|The Resilient Barnstar|
|Thank you for being such a heavy worker! Blogger 20 (talk) 19:25, 3 February 2014 (UTC)|