- 1 Talkback
- 2 I always get a very god feeling
- 3 Gene Clark
- 4 Rhymney
- 5 Your GA nomination of Younger Than Yesterday
- 6 Your GA nomination of Younger Than Yesterday
- 7 A barnstar for you --and a Quarter Million Award!
- 8 Your GA nomination of Younger Than Yesterday
- 9 Your Reversion of Ballad_of_Easy_Rider
- 10 Orphaned non-free image File:The Byrds McGuinn White Parsons Battin.JPG
I always get a very god feeling
when I see you editing The Byrds. Thanks. Okay. I am doing a radio show that is a "simulated" acid trip, using the Moody Blues In Search of the Lost Chord as a starting point and sticking other songs in between each of their cuts. Several songs between each cut. Can you offer a better song or two from the Byrds (or anywhere else) than 5D? Just wondering. Einar aka Carptrash (talk) 03:29, 25 July 2013 (UTC)
- Thanks. I have all the Byrds (probably vinyl and CD up to Byrd Brothers, but don't have it. Since I don't use any music but things I have, or discover at KLDK, I might not be able to track down some of your thoughts. Perhaps it is time to get the Byrd Brothers? Food for thought. I appreciate your taking the time out from your Byrds editing to do a little Byrds consulting. Life is supposed to be interesting. Carptrash (talk) 14:13, 25 July 2013 (UTC)
Hello, I have an interest in knowledge in music and use Wiki musician bios. I looked up Gene Clark and saw that most of his bio had been removed. I joined Wikipedia and began to prepare new content and citations, but before I figured out how to add them the old Gene Clark biography was replaced. It appears that you are working on it and doing a great job. I saw the note that it needed citations and I believe that I can help. I have a lot of information on Gene Clark (and other Byrds related members and the bands they were in) but I don't want to start adding my citations if you are in the process of doing so. Do you mind if I start? This will be my first Wiki contribution, and I am using Wiki Referencing for Beginners, so I will probably start with the easy citations from biographies first, then tackle more complex ones. Thanks!Mudpuppie (talk) 22:46, 3 August 2013 (UTC) Mudpuppie (talk) 23:56, 3 August 2013 (UTC)
Thank you for you very helpful advice. Adding citations is a good way for me to begin contributing to Wiki. I added some citations last night and will add more tonight. I am using books at the moment because I am on vacation and only have biographies with me. I do have two file drawers of other source material at home. I will also review online sources and when I return I will revise my citations by replacing some with other reliable sources. I simply felt a need to add citations before someone deletes the entry again! I know that you wrote the articles from your own source materials, so I am sure that you may also want to change some of my citations.
One Question: None of Gene Clark's albums with the New Christy Minstrels or Byrds are included in his discography. I know that Wiki users often check entries to find out which albums former group members participated on, and I noticed that there is no consistency with how Wiki handles this matter. For example, the discographies of Chris Hillman and Michael Clarke include the group albums they participated, while those of Gene and Roger do not. I think it is more helpful when they are listed but I am unsure of Wiki policy. I think listed them for Gene Clark would be helpful to clear confusion about his participation on recordings with these groups and I am willing to add them. I have reliable material supporting Gene's participation on two NCM albums(Land of the Giants and Today)and the hit singles "Today" and "Saturday Night". There is dispute over whether he sang on the Christmas album that he graces the cover of, so I would not include it. I believe there is reason to list Gene's Byrds albums because biographical articles often erroneously state that he participated on only the first two albums, ignoring his contribution to Fifth Dimension, including being the primary composer of "Eight Miles High".
I noticed that the entry for Dillard & Clark is a stub, so I will add it to my "To Do" list. I would also like to write brief entries for Gene Clark's later collaborators, Carla Olson and her former group, the Textones, as they released albums that were highly regarded by critics and sold well.Mudpuppie (talk) 21:55, 4 August 2013 (UTC)
You deleted a piece of copy concerning the above - you point is taken -but wouldn't it have been better (and in the spirit of Wikipedia) to have request a citation concerning the facts? I was about to add this information. Shoot first ask questions afterwards? Long Ben Every (talk) 09:13, 3 September 2013 (UTC)
Your GA nomination of Younger Than Yesterday
Hi there, I'm pleased to inform you that I've begun reviewing the article Younger Than Yesterday you nominated for GA-status according to the criteria. This process may take up to 7 days. Feel free to contact me with any questions or comments you might have during this period. Message delivered by Legobot, on behalf of Khazar2 -- Khazar2 20:10, 31 October 2013 (UTC)
Your GA nomination of Younger Than Yesterday
The article Younger Than Yesterday you nominated as a good article has been placed on hold . The article is close to meeting the good article criteria, but there are some minor changes or clarifications needed to be addressed. If these are fixed within 7 days, the article will pass, otherwise it will fail. See Talk:Younger Than Yesterday for things which need to be addressed. Message delivered by Legobot, on behalf of Khazar2 -- Khazar2 14:20, 1 November 2013 (UTC)
A barnstar for you --and a Quarter Million Award!
|The Good Article Barnstar|
|For your contributions to bring Younger Than Yesterday to Good Article status. Thanks for all your great work in this area, and keep up the good work! -- Khazar2 (talk) 18:00, 3 November 2013 (UTC)|
- Looking at your user page, we actually owe you even more bling than that.
|The Quarter Million Award|
|For your contributions to bring The Byrds (estimated annual readership: 380,000) to Good Article status, I hereby present you the Quarter Million Award. Congratulations, and thanks for all you do for Wikipedia's readers. -- Khazar2 (talk) 18:03, 3 November 2013 (UTC)|
- The Million Award is a new initiative to recognize the editors of Wikipedia's most-read content; you can read more about the award and its possible tiers (Quarter Million Award, Half Million Award, and Million Award) at Wikipedia:Million Award. You're also welcome to display this userbox:
- Have you thought about taking on the David Crosby article at some point? It looks like that would easily qualify for another one of these. Again, thanks for helping so many readers with your work! -- Khazar2 (talk) 18:03, 3 November 2013 (UTC)
- Wow! Thanks for the barnstar and half-million award. That's very kind of you. Yes, I have thought of tackling the David Crosby page at some point, although I'm currently working (slowly) to bring the Clarence White page up to GA standard, but after that I may move on to the Crosby article. There's a few other Byrds' album articles that I've worked on that are now within spitting distance of GA standard too, so they might be nominated for GA review after just a litle more work. --Kohoutek1138 (talk) 20:20, 3 November 2013 (UTC)
Your GA nomination of Younger Than Yesterday
The article Younger Than Yesterday you nominated as a good article has passed ; see Talk:Younger Than Yesterday for comments about the article. Well done! Message delivered by Legobot, on behalf of Khazar2 -- Khazar2 18:02, 3 November 2013 (UTC)
Your Reversion of Ballad_of_Easy_Rider
reverted change by Kohoutek1138 23 Jan 2014 - http://en.wikipedia.org/w/index.php?title=Ballad_of_Easy_Rider&oldid=592038743 Unsourced indeed. Anyone with ears listening to the Fairport Convention cover will know that its in three time. I'm not going to change it again, but perhaps you need to review http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Wikipedia:Revert_only_when_necessary. 22.214.171.124 (talk) 17:01, 1 February 2014 (UTC)
- Or you could, you know, get up off your lazy arse and actually find a reliable source to support the information that you want to add to the article. Maybe you should read WP:BOP#Burden_of_evidence. --Kohoutek1138 (talk) 12:06, 3 February 2014 (UTC)
Orphaned non-free image File:The Byrds McGuinn White Parsons Battin.JPG
Thanks for uploading File:The Byrds McGuinn White Parsons Battin.JPG. The image description page currently specifies that the image is non-free and may only be used on Wikipedia under a claim of fair use. However, the image is currently not used in any articles on Wikipedia. If the image was previously in an article, please go to the article and see why it was removed. You may add it back if you think that that will be useful. However, please note that images for which a replacement could be created are not acceptable for use on Wikipedia (see our policy for non-free media).