Rje 21:37, 9 July 2006 (UTC)
- 1 WP:CHICAGO voting for Top-importance Chicago articles
- 2 Cite web without title
- 3 Wikipedia talk:Meetup/Chicago 3.1
- 4 List of marathoners
- 5 Link Bridge
- 6 June 2011
- 7 Thanks
- 8 Main page appearance
- 9 September 2011
- 10 October 2011
- 11 Disambiguation link notification
- 12 March 2012
- 13 Japanese Mahjong yaku
- 14 Talking in the article
- 15 Yaku is not han (Japanese Mahjong yaku)
- 16 Disambiguation link notification for March 13
- 17 Game strategies
- 18 A kitten for you!
- 19 Copying into Wikia and/or other Wikis
- 20 "Minor" edits
- 21 Nomination of Mikuru Asahina for deletion
- 22 Fan speculation edits on Future Diary
- 23 Invitation to Comment
WP:CHICAGO voting for Top-importance Chicago articles
You voted in one of the two most recent ballots. Feel free to come vote at Wikipedia:WikiProject_Chicago/Assessment#Current_Top-importance_Candidates for our next Category:Top-importance Chicago articles. Voting continues until September 10 and nominations/discussions are ongoing for future ballot candidates at Wikipedia talk:WikiProject Chicago/Assessment.--TonyTheTiger (t/c/bio/WP:CHICAGO/WP:LOTM) 02:23, 1 September 2009 (UTC)
Cite web without title
- Yes, as it is proper formatting. Given the sheer number, that will take a while. KyuuA4 (Talk:キュウ) 18:22, 14 November 2009 (UTC)
Wikipedia talk:Meetup/Chicago 3.1
You participated in the discussion at Wikipedia talk:Meetup/Chicago 3. I thought you might want to sign up for Wikipedia talk:Meetup/Chicago 3.1 from 10:30-11:45 a.m. on Saturday May 1, 2010 at the UIC Student Center West,.--TonyTheTiger (T/C/BIO/WP:CHICAGO/WP:FOUR) 22:31, 29 March 2010 (UTC)
List of marathoners
- Thx. I figured the elites should get more attention than celebrities. :D KyuuA4 (Talk:キュウ) 19:37, 17 November 2010 (UTC)
Welcome to Wikipedia. Everyone is welcome to contribute to the encyclopedia, but when you add or change content, as you did to the article Mafia (party game), please cite a reliable source for the content of your edit. This helps maintain our policy of verifiability. See Wikipedia:Citing sources for how to cite sources, and the welcome page to learn more about contributing to this encyclopedia. Thank you. -- Doniago (talk) 13:28, 7 June 2011 (UTC)
On behalf of WP:CHICAGO, thanks for the editorial contributions.
Main page appearance
Hello! This is a note to let the main editors of this article know that it will be appearing as the main page featured article on September 11, 2011. You can view the TFA blurb at Wikipedia:Today's featured article/September 11, 2011. If you think it is necessary to change the main date, you can request it with the featured article directors Raul654 (talk · contribs) or his delegate Dabomb87 (talk · contribs), or at Wikipedia talk:Today's featured article/requests. If the previous blurb needs tweaking, you might change it—following the instructions of the suggested formatting. If this article needs any attention or maintenance, it would be preferable if that could be done before its appearance on the Main Page so Wikipedia doesn't look bad. :D Thanks! Tbhotch.™ Grammatically incorrect? Correct it! See terms and conditions. 18:07, 8 September 2011 (UTC)
Thank you for your contributions to Wikipedia. Regarding your edits to Mahjong, it is recommended that you use the preview button before you save; this helps you find any errors you have made, reduces edit conflicts, and prevents clogging up recent changes and the page history. Thank you. 22.214.171.124 (talk) 05:10, 11 September 2011 (UTC)
Thank you for your contributions to Wikipedia. Regarding your edits to Japanese Mahjong yaku, it is recommended that you use the preview button before you save; this helps you find any errors you have made, reduces edit conflicts, and prevents clogging up recent changes and the page history. Thank you. 126.96.36.199 (talk) 22:47, 26 October 2011 (UTC)
Hi. When you recently edited History of the National Football League, you added a link pointing to the disambiguation page Cleveland Tigers (check to confirm | fix with Dab solver). Such links are almost always unintended, since a disambiguation page is merely a list of "Did you mean..." article titles. Read the FAQ • Join us at the DPL WikiProject.
Hello, and thank you for your contributions to Wikipedia. I noticed that you recently added commentary to an article, Japanese Mahjong yaku. While Wikipedia welcomes editors' opinions on an article and how it could be changed, these comments are more appropriate for the article's accompanying talk page. If you post your comments there, other editors working on the same article will notice and respond to them, and your comments will not disrupt the flow of the article. However, keep in mind that even on the talk page of an article, you should limit your discussion to improving the article. Article talk pages are not the place to discuss opinions of the subject of articles, nor are such pages a forum. Thank you. 188.8.131.52 (talk) 08:40, 11 March 2012 (UTC)
Japanese Mahjong yaku
San kantsu (three quads) is not a yakuman hand. That means you cannot distinguish three (san, 三) and four (sū, 四) that are printed on the tiles and often used in the Japanese yaku names, or you are so careless.
- I know how to distinguish 3 vs 4. So, I'll admit to carelessness. But again, get a username. As for references, Japanese Wikipedia is not a valid reference. However, I am allowing to keep those for now, because the Japanese articles do have valid articles within them; unfortunately, my ability to read Japanese is extremely basic. KyuuA4 (Talk:キュウ) 00:18, 12 March 2012 (UTC)
Talking in the article
As for me, I have never talked to some specific person commenting out in the article, but added the comments as general explanations. When you read and understand the notice in the template above, please do not repeat it and do not make someone else to remove your talk. Thanks. 184.108.40.206 (talk) 17:18, 12 March 2012 (UTC)
Yaku is not han (Japanese Mahjong yaku)
Please do not add the following wrong content.
- Each yaku has an equivalent han value.
Hi. When you recently edited List of Angel Beats! episodes, you added a link pointing to the disambiguation page Computer hacking (check to confirm | fix with Dab solver). Such links are almost always unintended, since a disambiguation page is merely a list of "Did you mean..." article titles. Read the FAQ • Join us at the DPL WikiProject.
You cannot write strategies of mahjong in the articles, because Wikipedia is not a manual, guidebook or textbook. Moreover, what is not referenced can be challenged or deleted anytime. If you like to have some strategies, you would be able to do it in your own website, for example. WP:NOTHOWTO above says wikiHow and Wikibooks are suited.
As to the ready hand, the section of Advantages and risks can be deleted, which was first written by some other editors. I'll leave that section for now if it helps. One reason is that there are similar descriptions in the Japanese article. For the reason above, you can remove it whenever you like. 220.127.116.11 (talk) 18:05, 13 March 2012 (UTC)
- That material was long there before I even touched the article; but I agree. It shouldn't be there. Yet, it can be rephrased to describe the game conditions under riichi. So, we'll figure something out, on what to do with it. KyuuA4 (Talk:キュウ) 20:49, 13 March 2012 (UTC)
- Reading through that section, it was acceptable to simply wipe out the sub-section, because the statements in those sections were already mentioned above it. KyuuA4 (Talk:キュウ) 21:31, 13 March 2012 (UTC)
- Chess strategy. Strategy article on chess. Though that game is chock full of publications and examinations on the game's strategy. Mahjong? Not so much. KyuuA4 (Talk:キュウ) 23:24, 24 May 2012 (UTC)
A kitten for you!
Just saying hello from the Wikipedia side of things :)
Copying into Wikia and/or other Wikis
So, what's the "policy" regarding copying some text into anime related Wikia, or other Wiki based sites? Would there be a problem at all upon doing this? The advantage is two-fold: (1) copy-text may serve as a back up to the original article(s), and (2) writing styles within Wikia do not necessarily need to conform with Wikipedia:Fiction and other Wikipedia policies, which may impose a limit on related content. This is particularly true for anything related to in-universe writing. In any case, this inquiry is simply wondering about the prospect of copying Wikipedia text elsewhere. KyuuA4 (Talk:キュウ) 03:10, 20 May 2012 (UTC)
- It's not a matter of policy, it's a matter of law. The text of Wikipedia articles is available under the CC-BY-SA 3.0 License and the GFDL. Cheers, Goodraise 09:23, 20 May 2012 (UTC)
Thank you for your contributions. Please remember to mark your edits as "minor" only if they truly are minor edits. In accordance with Help:Minor edit, a minor edit is one that the editor believes requires no review and could never be the subject of a dispute. Minor edits consist of things such as typographical corrections, formatting changes or rearrangement of text without modification of content. Additionally, the reversion of clear-cut vandalism and test edits may be labeled "minor". Thank you. LeadSongDog come howl! 23:50, 26 February 2013 (UTC)
Nomination of Mikuru Asahina for deletion
The article will be discussed at Wikipedia:Articles for deletion/Mikuru Asahina until a consensus is reached, and anyone is welcome to contribute to the discussion. The nomination will explain the policies and guidelines which are of concern. The discussion focuses on high-quality evidence and our policies and guidelines.
Users may edit the article during the discussion, including to improve the article to address concerns raised in the discussion. However, do not remove the article-for-deletion notice from the top of the article. — Preceding unsigned comment added by Markus Shedletsky (talk • contribs) 19:54, 17 April 2013 (UTC)
Fan speculation edits on Future Diary
I having a problem with user Innermokaluv at the Future Diary article. Innermokaluv keeps putting on the article that the Future Diary Redial OVA is non-canon. I keep telling the user that unless there's facts from the official sources that says the OVA is non-canon, this is nothing more than fan speculation. However, despite how many times i told the user why i remove this info, the user keeps putting it back. --FonFon Alseif (talk) 12:11, 13 September 2013 (UTC)
- I'd give it a day or a week; but if he does continually persist, then I'll recommend a request for a short term semi-protect. And I never did watch this series, though I may actually add it to my backlog - watch for later. KyuuA4 (Talk:キュウ) 00:13, 14 September 2013 (UTC)
- Sorry to bother you again. I'm afraid user Innermokaluv is at it again at the Future Diary article but this time he/she is trying to make the OVA sound like some comedy spin-off when actually the funny scenes are very few with most of the OVA being drama. Looks like a semi-protect might make Innermokaluv stop.--FonFon Alseif (talk) 14:27, 17 September 2013 (UTC)
Invitation to Comment
Hello! I am contacting you because although we've likely never Wikied together, I did mention you in a proposal at Template talk:Infobox Television and I wanted to invite you to express your thoughts. Thanks! Cyphoidbomb (talk) 02:34, 1 October 2013 (UTC)