User talk:L1A1 FAL
|This is L1A1 FAL's talk page, where you can send messages and comments to L1A1 FAL.|
|Archives: 1, 2|
|This user is busy in real life and may not respond swiftly to queries.|
- 1 CTE help
- 2 Slayer album
- 3 So Far, So Good... So What!
- 4 Megadeth
- 5 ...And Justice for All
- 6 Cryptic Writings
- 7 FA on Megadeth awards
- 8 Tiny little help
- 9 Comment required
- 10 Thank you
- 11 Orphaned non-free image File:SuperColliderSingle.jpg
- 12 Question
- 13 Latest activity at OMEGA
- 14 Your GA nomination of Rust in Peace
- 15 A barnstar for you!
- 16 The System Has Failed
- 17 Your GA nomination of Rust in Peace
- 18 Your GA nomination of Rust in Peace
Hi friend. EditorE is currently reviewing the article for GA. However, he noted that the lyrics description should be done per track listing order. Can you help me on this one?--Вик Ретлхед (talk) 23:33, 4 November 2013 (UTC)
Hey pal, found this interview in which Kerry King revealed another track from the upcoming album ("Piano Wire"). He also spoke a bit about the writing process in the last three questions. Here you have the starting date of the recording. And thanks for re-arranging the lyrical section in CTE. Hope to get some other album promoted before New Year. Bye.--Вик Ретлхед (talk) 16:12, 8 November 2013 (UTC)
- Wanted to ask you, can I contribute to the draft in the meantime?--Вик Ретлхед (talk) 22:31, 8 November 2013 (UTC)
I`m not as involved as before so it took me a while to take a good look at the article.
Other could rate it a B, as for me, let me tell you a couple of thing that it lacks:
Firstly, the lead section has no references, even if you reference the info later, the lead section is the first thing the reader will see and it needs to be referenced.
Secondly, images are needed for an article to take off, the cover art is not enough
And finally, a music sample is always a nice addition even if is not specifically required.
Hi, friend. Just to ask for some help over the So Far, So Good section in the main article. Can you check whether the quotes from the liner notes in the first paragraph are correct? Also a little prose tweaking would be welcomed there since the text sounds somehow confusing for the first-time reader. Thanks and everything the best.--Вик Ретлхед (talk) 21:42, 6 December 2013 (UTC)
Me again. Now I need some assistance over the first two paragraphs about Cryptic Writings. I guess some cites from the booklet might come handy. Cheers.--Вик Ретлхед (talk) 21:25, 10 December 2013 (UTC)
- About the first paragraph of the Risk subheading; can you kind of re-tell the Mustaine quote in your own words? It goes way too long and a small cut would be nice. The good news - this is the last section of the page that needs re-building. After we're done, you can nominate it for B-class. See you.--Вик Ретлхед (talk) 20:44, 11 December 2013 (UTC)
Greetings. Noted that you've started doing some improvements on Peace Sells, so here's what I've been working on the topic. Hope it will be of some help.--Вик Ретлхед (talk) 16:16, 12 December 2013 (UTC)
...And Justice for All
Hello and happy holidays. I know I'm slowly becoming boring with my requests, but when you have time, can you try to merge the quote by Newsted (in the box) to the last paragraph of the section? The article already has too many quotes and some cutting would be very helpful. As always, thanks for your help and everything the best in the new year.--Вик Ретлхед (talk) 20:32, 7 January 2014 (UTC)
Hi pal. Just to tell you that I merged three songs from Cryptic Writings to the album's page. I've been searching for some additional information for those tracks, but found very little about them, so I decided to merge them with the album. As for "Trust", because it was Grammy-nominated tune and one of the band's more notable songs, I think it's best to keep it and see if I can push it to GA status. But the other three singles simply couldn't have been anything more than start-class articles. Cheers buddy.--Вик Ретлхед (talk) 15:18, 13 January 2014 (UTC)
FA on Megadeth awards
Hey buddy, I know you're busy, but if you can take a look at Cambalachero's notes regarding the Grammy nominations. I think you can re-shape the sentence better than me. Thanks for the help.--Вик Ретлхед (talk) 19:46, 10 February 2014 (UTC)
- I meant to recast the sentence featuring "have yet to win", and it looks fine now. I'll go get the source supporting that. I asked you because I couldn't remember I wrote it, but anyway, thanks for taking care of that.--Вик Ретлхед (talk) 07:38, 13 February 2014 (UTC)
Tiny little help
Hi buddy. This sentence from the first section ("Early days"—second paragraph) "After hiring bassist David Ellefson immediately, they both examined about 15 drummers..." needs slight rewording. Mustaine and Ellefson co-founded the band, so Mustaine couldn't have hired Ellefson as a bassist. This is kinda tricky to recast, any suggestions how to fix it?--Вик Ретлхед (talk) 20:37, 25 April 2014 (UTC)
Pal, another thing. Can you check the "recorded" parameter from the infobox in Peace Sells... but Who's Buying? Seems kinda illogical because in Ellefson's My Life with Deth is written that the album was done in the Music Grinder studio. Cheers.--Вик Ретлхед (talk) 22:59, 27 April 2014 (UTC)
L1, do you have time to paraphrase a couple of statements in Megadeth? In "Countdown to Extinction", the quote "Our new mission was to create music..." (first paragraph) needs to be re-written. From "Cryptic Writings", the quote "One part of the record was really fast and aggressive, one third of it was the really melodic..." (third paragraph) also needs wording. I feel we're really close to getting the article to FA. If you any help from me over some article, please ask. See you and everything the best.--Вик Ретлхед (talk) 16:00, 2 May 2014 (UTC)
Thank you for the comment, I am not bothered now, everyone has disagreed with me so there is a clear consensus to remove thrash metal which is fair enough, I was just annoyed how Retrohead puts his own opinions above anyone else's, he breaks rules but then picks me up on mine, I mean well and am only trying to help but instead of assuming good faith Retrohead choices not to, and to page own and call me a genre troll, (which apparently spends 95% of the time editing genres) which looking at my edit history is obviously not me. Making one of the articles into a featured page would be great. Thanks again. Lukejordan02 (talk) 20:55, 18 June 2014 (UTC)
Orphaned non-free image File:SuperColliderSingle.jpg
Thanks for uploading File:SuperColliderSingle.jpg. The image description page currently specifies that the image is non-free and may only be used on Wikipedia under a claim of fair use. However, the image is currently not used in any articles on Wikipedia. If the image was previously in an article, please go to the article and see why it was removed. You may add it back if you think that that will be useful. However, please note that images for which a replacement could be created are not acceptable for use on Wikipedia (see our policy for non-free media).
- Hello L1A1. Aside from the FAC, would you consider redirecting "Breadline", along with "The Scorpion"? It is hardly notable song in the band's catalog, and it was released as a single only in Japan. I'm sure it won't be anything more than a stub with its current notability.--Retrohead (talk) 13:26, 16 July 2014 (UTC)
- Hey L1A1 FAL, hope you don't mind I've invited some reviewers to check the FA candidature of Thirteen. There hasn't been much activity around WikiProject Metal lately, so thought calling some colleagues would speed up the process. I think we good chances with this one. Also, I have been looking for a reviewer for Rust in Peace, so expect that one to start soon.
- About Hidden Treasures, I'll let the decision whether and when to nominate it for GA to you. I see you've been working with Crowz on that one, and I think you can handle the process more successfully. As you know, Peace Sells reached GA status, so Rust in Peace (and optionally Hidden Treasures) are the last albums to go.--Retrohead (talk) 07:03, 7 August 2014 (UTC)
Your GA nomination of Rust in Peace
Hi there, I'm pleased to inform you that I've begun reviewing the article Rust in Peace you nominated for GA-status according to the criteria. This process may take up to 7 days. Feel free to contact me with any questions or comments you might have during this period. Message delivered by Legobot, on behalf of CrowzRSA -- CrowzRSA (talk) 18:40, 8 August 2014 (UTC)
- Ok, sounds good, I'll be keeping an eye on the page. Thanks for taking a look at it.--L1A1 FAL (talk) 18:47, 8 August 2014 (UTC)
A barnstar for you!
|The Teamwork Barnstar|
|Great work on getting Megadeth to FA status. This is the first heavy metal-related article to be promoted in five years. This accomplishment wouldn't have been possible without your assistance. Retrohead (talk) 08:40, 10 August 2014 (UTC)|
The System Has Failed
Hey L1, I started refreshing some of the older Megadeth GA albums. While doing The System Has Failed, I've noticed a quote in the 'Background and production' that kinda jumps of nowhere ("My doctors tell me"). Can you paraphrase this one because I can not figure out what it's related to? By the way, I'm planning a WP:GTC candidature on Megadeth studio albums, but we'll have to wait until Rust in Peace is done. Please post your reply here, in order to keep the conversation at one place.--Retrohead (talk) 21:06, 18 August 2014 (UTC)
Your GA nomination of Rust in Peace
The article Rust in Peace you nominated as a good article has been placed on hold . The article is close to meeting the good article criteria, but there are some minor changes or clarifications needing to be addressed. If these are fixed within 7 days, the article will pass; otherwise it may fail. See Talk:Rust in Peace for things which need to be addressed. Message delivered by Legobot, on behalf of CrowzRSA -- CrowzRSA (talk) 01:20, 23 August 2014 (UTC)
- The prose & refs look great but now the only issue is the Accolades and Certifications sections. Once these issues are resolved, I will be happy to pass the article. CrowzRSA 06:40, 23 August 2014 (UTC)
Your GA nomination of Rust in Peace
The article Rust in Peace you nominated as a good article has passed ; see Talk:Rust in Peace for comments about the article. Well done! If the article has not already been on the main page as an "In the news" or "Did you know" item, you can nominate it to appear in Did you know. Message delivered by Legobot, on behalf of CrowzRSA -- CrowzRSA (talk) 18:23, 24 August 2014 (UTC)