- 1 ITN credit
- 2 2014 elections in India
- 3 Foreign rebel fighters in the Syrian Civil War
- 4 Speedy deletion declined: General debate of the sixty-ninth session of the United Nations General Assembly
- 5 Central African Republic conflict under the Djotodia administration
- 6 ITN for June 2014 central Nigeria attacks
- 7 Edit warring
- 8 FA
- 9 Pakistani Cultural Heritage - Edit Drive
- 10 Articles you might like to edit, from SuggestBot
- 11 Disambiguation link notification for July 2
- 12 DYK nomination of Foreign policy of Narendra Modi
|On 24 January 2014, In the news was updated with an item that involved the article Catherine Samba-Panza, which you recently nominated and substantially updated. If you know of another recently created or updated article suitable for inclusion in ITN, please suggest it on the candidates page.|
2014 elections in India
Foreign rebel fighters in the Syrian Civil War
WP:IRE-IRL is apropriate, I have read the history and your edit of unlinking Ireland is correct, use of the description isnt needed, but if linked it should be piped. Murry1975 (talk) 13:35, 15 June 2014 (UTC)
- Here since 15 June, and your edit summaries say I havent discussed it? And for the record
"A consensus emerged with respect to referring to the island and the state in other contexts:
- Use "Ireland" for the state except where the island of Ireland or Northern Ireland is being discussed in the same context. In such circumstances use "Republic of Ireland" (e.g. "Strabane is at the border between Northern Ireland and the Republic of Ireland").
- An exception is where the state forms a major component of the topic (e.g. on articles relating to states, politics or governance) where "Ireland" should be preferred and the island should be referred to as the "island of Ireland" or similar (e.g. "Ireland is a state in Europe occupying most of the island of Ireland").
- Regardless of the above guidelines, always use the official titles of state offices (e.g. "Douglas Hyde was the first President of Ireland").
- Per the Linking guideline of the Manual of Style, the names of major geographic features and locations should not be linked. If it is thought necessary to link, in order to establish context or for any other reason, the name of the state should be pipelinked as [[Republic of Ireland|Ireland]]."
- In this case as I said above its either piped or unlinked. Murry1975 (talk) 09:19, 28 June 2014 (UTC)
Speedy deletion declined: General debate of the sixty-ninth session of the United Nations General Assembly
Hello Lihaas. I am just letting you know that I declined the speedy deletion of General debate of the sixty-ninth session of the United Nations General Assembly, a page you tagged for speedy deletion, because of the following concern: The reason given is not a valid speedy deletion criterion. Thank you. Callanecc (talk • contribs • logs) 09:21, 26 June 2014 (UTC)
An article exists for the current conflict, Central African Republic conflict (2012–present), and in the talk page you supported renaming that article to illustrate that the conflict is ongoing. Why do think that the Central African Republic conflict under the Djotodia administration article is more suitable for events that occurred after the end of the Djotodia administration than the article on the current conflict? The coverage of the events that was removed from Central African Republic conflict under the Djotodia administration was added to Central African Republic conflict (2012–present). Additionally, your revert removed content related to events that occurred during the Djotodia administration.--Tdl1060 (talk) 05:00, 27 June 2014 (UTC)
- Can you give a reason why you think events that did not happen during the Djotodia administration belong in that article rather than the main page, and why you are removing content related to events that occurred during the Djotodia administration? Thus far you have not given a reason for your reverts in your edit summaries.--Tdl1060 (talk) 06:43, 28 June 2014 (UTC)
- Okay, I have asked you on the here and on the article's talk page, why you think the Central African Republic conflict under the Djotodia administration article is more suitable for content related to events that did not happen under the Djotodia administration than Central African Republic conflict (2012–present). Are you ever going to give a reason? I can't "discuss" the matter with you if you refuse to give your reason for thinking that events that did not occur during the Djotodia administration belong in the article about the conflict during the Djotodia administration.--Tdl1060 (talk) 06:14, 30 June 2014 (UTC)
ITN for June 2014 central Nigeria attacks
|On 28 June 2014, In the news was updated with an item that involved the article June 2014 central Nigeria attacks, which you recently nominated and substantially updated. If you know of another recently created or updated article suitable for inclusion in ITN, please suggest it on the candidates page.|
Please see WP:BRD-NOT. BRD is not an excuse for indefinite edit warring. You have failed to meet the requirement to discuss after you revert. I've requested page protection to stop the edit war. Please go to Talk:2014 in LGBT rights and seek consensus for you deletions. --Dennis Bratland (talk) 14:39, 28 June 2014 (UTC)
Wikimedia Community User Group Pakistan is organizing an edit drive for Pakistani Wikipedians on Pakistani Cultural Heritage throughout the month of July.
Top three contributors will be given a gift pack containing Wikipedia merchandise.
Articles you might like to edit, from SuggestBot
Note: All columns in this table are sortable, allowing you to rearrange the table so the articles most interesting to you are shown at the top. All images have mouse-over popups with more information. For more information about the columns and categories, please consult the documentation, and please do get in touch on SuggestBot's talk page with any questions you might have.
|109||1.0||Hinduism in South America (talk)||0.0||2.0||0.0||2.0||0.0||Add sources|
|191||1.0||Indian general election, 2004 (talk)||2.0||2.0||2.0||2.0||0.0||Add sources|
|475||2.0||United Progressive Alliance (talk)||2.0||2.0||0.0||2.0||0.0||Add sources|
|20||1.0||Ministry of Tribal Affairs (talk)||0.0||0.0||0.0||0.0||0.0||Add sources|
|16||1.0||Minister of Science and Technology (India) (talk)||0.0||0.0||2.0||0.0||0.0||Add sources|
|2,097||2.0||Rajya Sabha (talk)||0.0||2.0||2.0||2.0||0.0||Add sources|
|15||1.0||Khawaja Khurshid Anwar (talk)||0.0||2.0||0.0||0.0||0.0||Cleanup|
|307||2.0||Panjab University, Chandigarh (talk)||2.0||2.0||2.0||2.0||0.0||Cleanup|
|397||2.0||History of the Republic of India (talk)||2.0||2.0||2.0||2.0||0.0||Expand|
|49||1.0||Al Bernameg (talk)||0.0||0.0||0.0||0.0||0.0||Expand|
|1,411||3.0||Iraqi Army (talk)||2.0||2.0||2.0||2.0||2.0||Expand|
|448||2.0||L. K. Advani (talk)||2.0||2.0||2.0||2.0||0.0||Unencyclopaedic|
|272||3.0||Guatemalan Civil War (talk)||2.0||2.0||2.0||2.0||2.0||Unencyclopaedic|
|26||3.0||National Defence Force (Syria) (talk)||0.0||2.0||2.0||2.0||0.0||Merge|
|100||1.0||Texas Triangle (talk)||0.0||0.0||2.0||2.0||0.0||Merge|
|12||1.0||Conference on College Composition and Communication (talk)||0.0||2.0||0.0||0.0||0.0||Merge|
|127||1.0||René Meulensteen (talk)||0.0||0.0||0.0||2.0||0.0||Wikify|
|30||1.0||V. P. Singh ministry (talk)||0.0||0.0||0.0||2.0||0.0||Wikify|
|59||3.0||P. V. Narasimha Rao ministry (talk)||0.0||0.0||0.0||0.0||0.0||Wikify|
|5||1.0||Identitäre Bewegung Österreichs (talk)||0.0||0.0||0.0||0.0||0.0||Orphan|
|3||1.0||Fiona Lloyd-Davies (talk)||0.0||0.0||0.0||0.0||0.0||Orphan|
|3||1.0||Satish Kumar Sharma (talk)||0.0||0.0||0.0||0.0||0.0||Orphan|
|6||1.0||Kaydyacha Bola (talk)||0.0||0.0||0.0||0.0||0.0||Stub|
|99||1.0||Angel Alcala (talk)||0.0||0.0||0.0||0.0||0.0||Stub|
|40||1.0||Elections in Uttar Pradesh (talk)||0.0||0.0||2.0||2.0||0.0||Stub|
|59||3.0||Philippine Legion of Honor (talk)||0.0||2.0||2.0||2.0||0.0||Stub|
|43||1.0||Ramon Barba (talk)||0.0||0.0||0.0||0.0||0.0||Stub|
|38||1.0||Bandaru Dattatreya (talk)||0.0||0.0||0.0||0.0||0.0||Stub|
SuggestBot picks articles in a number of ways based on other articles you've edited, including straight text similarity, following wikilinks, and matching your editing patterns against those of other Wikipedians. It tries to recommend only articles that other Wikipedians have marked as needing work. We appreciate that you have signed up to receive suggestions regularly, your contributions make Wikipedia better — thanks for helping!
Hi. Thank you for your recent edits. Wikipedia appreciates your help. We noticed though that when you edited June 2014 central Nigeria attacks, you added a link pointing to the disambiguation page MEND (check to confirm | fix with Dab solver). Such links are almost always unintended, since a disambiguation page is merely a list of "Did you mean..." article titles. Read the FAQ • Join us at the DPL WikiProject.
DYK nomination of Foreign policy of Narendra Modi
Hello! Your submission of Foreign policy of Narendra Modi at the Did You Know nominations page has been reviewed, and some issues with it may need to be clarified. Please review the comment(s) underneath your nomination's entry and respond there as soon as possible. Thank you for contributing to Did You Know! BlueMoonset (talk) 23:44, 7 July 2014 (UTC)
Hallo Lihaas. I am Maximiliano Herrera the editor of Electoral Calendar, which includes elections dates 1997-2016 at national, local levels, party elections, referenda, etc. I wish to inform you, since you are active in Wikipedia in elections issues, that my Calendar link has moved to
The old link will redirect to the new one, banner free. It appears the surfers using Chrome and Firefox have some trouble opening the old link. Since there are tons of Wikipedia links to my Calendar, maybe you know how to do something to change them to the new link , which is way faster to load and clearer,and from now to use only the new link. Thank you in advance. Yours sincerely. M.H.MaXiMiLiAnO 16:34, 12 July 2014 (UTC)