Think before you write.
If you want to talk with me, follow these simple rules:
- Make sure I can understand the message you are trying to convey
- Please link back to the article to which you are referring
- English only please, my native tongue of "New Yorker" was forcibally removed by NYC Dept of Ed speech therapists
- In the words of Winston Churchill: "short words are best, and the old words, when short, are best of all"
To start a new conversation create a new section at the end of the page. Putting something in the middle will not be seen.
- 1 Deletion of Weathermandan page
- 2 Older Jane
- 3 what do you people have against having pages for GWAR characters on this site
- 4 ELNO
- 5 The Republic of Briansistan
- 6 Wikipedia:Articles for deletion/Santosh Mehrotra
- 7 another article
- 8 Upper State New York University USNYU
- 9 Unwarranted removal of edits.
- 10 How to communicate?
- 11 Heads Up!
- 12 Artist deletion under section A7
- 13 Rollback granted
- 14 RC Patrol
- 15 Request for your opinion
- 16 Turtlevokia Page Deletion
- 17 Welcome to STiki
- 18 Edits in war
- 19 Redirection of Harpur's Ferry page
- 20 Corn Nuts
- 21 Corn Nuts
- 22 Alison Sudol
- 23 Scott Shad
- 24 Talk Page for Crisis Intervention was Deleted
- 25 List of tallest people
- 26 Shaila Scott WBLS radio personality page deleted
- 27 Battle of Zama
- 28 Deletion of Possible Extinction
- 29 I have unreviewed a page you curated
- 30 little help
- 31 A barnstar for you!
- 32 Jr. comma RfC
- 33 Eduardo (rapper)
- 34 My edits
- 35 Please recreate the items I wrote about Danila Popel, they are real and up to date.
- 36 Aaron Hernandez's name is wrong on his wiki page
- 37 Deletion of employment practices section on Burger King, Arby's, KFC, and Wendy's pages:
- 38 Use of CSD G4
- 39 Tuskegee Football
- 40 Create music
- 41 Coffee
- 42 WQXR, WNYC and New York Public Radio
Deletion of Weathermandan page
Talk:Weathermandan From Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia Contested deletion This article should not be speedily deleted for lack of asserted importance because... (This is a new type of school project that my teacher assigned. So if possible, could I keep this picture up, as it is factual but might not appear to be relevant. Thank you, Mncreations or WeatherManDan ) --Mncreations (talk) — Preceding unsigned comment added by Mncreations (talk • contribs) 04:46, 6 December 2014 (UTC)
I've declined your request as speedy for significance doesn't apply to fictional characters. I'd suggest prod or AfD which are better places for this. The part is in the lower part of the list, but the actress has films against her name - but I'm not going to try to assess whether or not she deserves an article yet. This is a credited part, but looks minor (not only in age...), but I don't think it merits an article. Peridon (talk) 16:25, 6 December 2014 (UTC)
- I've sorted out the wikilinks in it, just in case it survives. Peridon (talk) 16:33, 6 December 2014 (UTC)
- BLP's are easy, notability of fictional (or historical fiction) characters is another thing. Guess I'll just AfD them in the future.--☾Loriendrew☽ ☏(talk) 03:34, 7 December 2014 (UTC)
what do you people have against having pages for GWAR characters on this site
Hi Lorian, I got your massage that you deleted my two links from wikipedia pages and told me that it was not relevant to the pages. But i did add those only when I saw that there was dead link and I did add relevant link to the pages. Please review and check that again. If you think that it is not relevant you can remove those links any time. — Preceding unsigned comment added by Iamsinner (talk • contribs) 11:16, 8 December 2014 (UTC)
- Read the external links policy as given on your talk page.--☾Loriendrew☽ ☏(talk) 11:50, 8 December 2014 (UTC)
The Republic of Briansistan
Please explain to me how the article breaks wikipedia's terms. I do not see, as a country and as it's leader, how you can say that an article about a real country violates terms and rules. Please advise. Thank you Megastringcheese (talk) 03:05, 17 December 2014 (UTC)
Dear Loriendrew, just a little note to ask you, if you have the time and inclination, to have another look at the page on Santosh Mehrotra that you thought ought to be deleted. I know this persons work (I read the book with Jolly) and believe him to be notable. I think think I have done enough to remove the autobiographical stuff - and would be inclined to remove lots of the references to reviews of the books once the AFD is over if it is kept as they don't seem helpful to the article but might be useful for some of the technicalities of the Afd. Would you have any suggestions to improve the article - and are the other things that you think might best be removed or added? I think Deacon's quote and his work on the Indian HDR stuff could be enough. Best wishes, (Msrasnw (talk) 11:59, 17 December 2014 (UTC))
- How pleasant... done and thanks.--☾Loriendrew☽ ☏(talk) 02:44, 18 December 2014 (UTC)
Hope all is well. I saw your WP:RS tagged to the Upper State New York University USNYU article for deletion. It appears that the University did exist at one point. I see some past students have LinkedIn accounts.
Thanks and happy holidays to you and yours
I understand that your personal opinion as to linkedin may not be a reliable source, but my point was that the University had to have existed if former students listed this school on their resumes. Furthermore, you can't add schools on your resume as potential employers will check to confirm. Although there's not a lot of references, the article was built on information that was available. It's kind of hard to pull information from a defunct university. Please note that linkedin is a public website just like wikipedia Millions of people rely on linked to look at resumes of potential employees. So I wouldn't say that it's not reliable.
Unwarranted removal of edits.
Your removal of my edits to the grand jury page presents harm to the general public. Please refrain from such future removals of my content, even if it is in fact not constructive in your opinion. If you have an issue with specific information, use my talk page, or enter dispute resolution, don't simply remove or revert the information, as it will only serve escalate an issue that could readily have you answering to a grand jury.— Preceding unsigned comment added by Matthew J Falkner (talk • contribs) 17:37, 29 December 2014
How to communicate?
- Writing on talk pages is one way, just make sure to create a new section so it does not fall into someone else's conversation. Please take a look at Wikipedia:Talk page guidelines.--☾Loriendrew☽ ☏(talk) 00:09, 10 January 2015 (UTC)
I'd keep an eye on this IP Address https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Special:Contributions/126.96.36.199 and it's socks if I were you, it seems to be adding useless catigories to Video Game and Fictional Character Articles, as if they where produced by Movie Companies! --Vaati the Wind Demon (talk) 00:14, 11 January 2015 (UTC)
- A few have been given temporary blocks. User keeps IP jumping though.--☾Loriendrew☽ ☏(talk) 00:26, 11 January 2015 (UTC)
Artist deletion under section A7
I saw you nominated my artist (Cameron Adair)'s page for deletion under Wikipedia section A7.
I have thoroughly reviewed the Notability Guidelines and Notability Guidelines (music) to meet the general Notability criteria and that for Musicians and Ensembles and would like to please contest this decision.
Cameron has performed at Walt Disney Concert Hall during his education at California Institute of the Arts in Los Angeles. His debut studio album was recorded and mixed by Multiple Grammy Award Nominee Chris Gehringer at Hyde Street Studios in San Francisco and Sterling Sound Studios in New York. It received worldwide distribution. He is also a former staff audio engineer at Hyde Street Studios and has worked with notable artist and engineers including Patrick (Bischoff) Brown, John Vanderslice, JMSN, and others.
In 2013 he was the subject of an intervention by Kristina Wandzilak, creator of Addicted (TV series) and was admitted to Crossroads Centre where he became friends with Anthony James (artist) and Alice Dellal.
It appears these credits meet the Verifiability criterion for Notability. Can you please advise? Thank You, Kristen Tyler (Cameron Adair MGMT) — Preceding unsigned comment added by KristenTyler1 (talk • contribs) 01:36, 11 January 2015 (UTC)
- Incorrect, I nominated the article for deletion via WP:AFD under the criteria that it fails WP:MUSICBIO, it was another person who made the WP:A7 nomination which you inappropriately removed. You also have a conflict of interest with the subject.--☾Loriendrew☽ ☏(talk) 02:28, 11 January 2015 (UTC)
Hi Loriendrew. After reviewing your request for rollback, I haverollback on your account. Keep in mind these things when going to use rollback:
- Getting rollback is no more momentous than installing Twinkle.
- Rollback should be used to revert clear cases of vandalism only, and not good faith edits.
- Rollback should never be used to edit war.
- If abused, rollback rights can be revoked.
- Use common sense.
If you no longer want rollback, contact me and I'll remove it. Also, for some more information on how to use rollback, see Wikipedia:New admin school/Rollback (even though you're not an admin). I'm sure you'll do great with rollback, but feel free to leave me a message on my talk page if you run into troubles or have any questions about appropriate/inappropriate use of rollback. Thank you for helping to reduce vandalism. Happy editing! — MusikAnimal talk 05:46, 4 February 2015 (UTC)
- That would be wonderful, pre-thank you very much.--☾Loriendrew☽ ☏(talk) 02:45, 8 February 2015 (UTC)
Request for your opinion
Good morning Loriendrew! I noticed you've edited the topic Jimmy Edgar somewhat recently, and was hoping to collect viewpoints on an aesthetic issue. If you had a minute to contribute to the discussion/vote on the infobox photo, that would be very helpful. Earflaps (talk) 11:01, 17 February 2015 (UTC)
Turtlevokia Page Deletion
I now understand that this was not the place for this, because this is an encyclopedia, which contains facts, not fabricated stories. Sorry to waste your time. JRpuffNstuff (talk) 01:50, 24 February 2015 (UTC)
Welcome to STiki
Hello, Loriendrew, and welcome to STiki! Thank you for your recent contributions using our tool. We at STiki hope you like using the tool and decide to continue using it in the future. Here are some pages that you might find helpful:
Here are some pages which are a little more fun:
We hope you enjoy maintaining Wikipedia with STiki! If you have any questions, problems, or suggestions don't hesitate to drop a note over at the STiki talk page and we'll be more than happy to help. Again, welcome, and thanks! West.andrew.g (developer) and Widr (talk) 06:01, 25 February 2015 (UTC)
Edits in war
- They did not clarify.--☾Loriendrew☽ ☏(talk) 00:30, 27 February 2015 (UTC)
Redirection of Harpur's Ferry page
Hi Loriendew. I know that we spoke about this topic a while back. I gave you some links to articles and sources for Harpur's Ferry SVAS. Why was the article deleted? HFSVAS is a nationally recognized collegiate agency. I see other wiki articles on collegiate EMS agencies as well. Is there someone that can explain better to me why this article was removed? I put a lot of work into that page and made sure to cite sources only to see it removed with no clear explanation. It is very discouraging when people come along who know nothing about your topic and seem to arbitrarily decide it is not noteworthy despite clear references.
- Eek! Forgot about that. Ok, to answer your questions:
- see Wikipedia:Articles for deletion/Harpur's Ferry for the discussion about the deletion
- see Wikipedia:Other stuff exists. This is not an argument either way, for or against.
- There are very few entries of Category:Collegiate EMS agencies
- That being said, I will work on it tonight. Everything after vehicles will probably get removed, the upper and lead cleaned up, references/citations be put inline, and have to try to find a couple more significant notability things that I can recall.--☾Loriendrew☽ ☏(talk) 18:01, 7 March 2015 (UTC)
Not sure why we cannot add that CORN NUTS is a registered trademark of Kraft Foods in the first section to make sure that the public knows CORN NUTS is not a generic term. — Preceding unsigned comment added by 188.8.131.52 (talk) 23:16, 9 March 2015 (UTC) Plus the information you added is incorrect. — Preceding unsigned comment added by 184.108.40.206 (talk) 23:17, 9 March 2015 (UTC)
- To start, Corn nut is a generic term. Cornnuts or Corn nut#CORNNUTS is a specific product, now currently owned by Kraft. It has its own section within the article along with other brand names in different locations. If someone searches wiki for "Cornnuts" they will be taken directly to that section.
- I changed the citation from the USPTO search to another location. It satisfies the need to prove the claim of trademark ownership. It was the only thing added. According to the trademark search Kraft owns the name. Which part is "wrong"?--☾Loriendrew☽ ☏(talk) 17:10, 10 March 2015 (UTC)
- Correct, I never said otherwise. Not sure why you keep arguing that point. Please understand that the article is about Corn nuts, which has a section on Cornnuts (the brand).--☾Loriendrew☽ ☏(talk) 23:06, 11 March 2015 (UTC)
hi loriendrew - i'm new to wikipedia so i hope this works! :-) the reason i have created a new page for alison sudol is that she is no longer working under the A Fine Frenzy moniker. as a historical page dedicated to AFF i assume the wiki/afinefrenzy page should remain but as she moves forward with her new vocation as an actress this is very separate to her previous career as AFF. ie. Alison Sudol is not just A Fine Frenzy and as such deserves a different wiki entry. i hope that makes sense? thanks
- I started a discussion on the article name change at Talk:A Fine Frenzy#RfC for article name change. Please comment there.--☾Loriendrew☽ ☏(talk) 04:26, 12 March 2015 (UTC)
- Please see Wikipedia:Articles for deletion/Scott Shad as mentioned in both the article and your talk page.--☾Loriendrew☽ ☏(talk) 17:26, 15 March 2015 (UTC)
Talk Page for Crisis Intervention was Deleted
I have never seen an entire talk page be deleted before. How can discussion take place on improving the article if there is no talk page? The editor that deleted the talk pages cites it was an "attack page" and a "Biography of a living Person". If such content was on the page the logical thing would have been to undo it from the talk page if valid; not remove the entire talk page. If you are an Admin then please do something to get this talk page restored to Wikipedia. It seems some powerful special interest group does not want any discussion on this article topic. If you are not an Admin then please bring this to the attention of some Admins of Wikipedia. 220.127.116.11 (talk) 03:29, 17 March 2015 (UTC)
- @Yunshui: might be the better person to ask as they are the one who deleted the page.--☾Loriendrew☽ ☏(talk) 10:02, 17 March 2015 (UTC)
List of tallest people
Hey, why did you revert my useful edit to this article? Osama bin Laden is the tallest mass murderer. You can find that on Google. No other mass murderer was taller than Osama bin Laden! Samhan Dobo (talk) 00:02, 21 March 2015 (UTC)
Shaila Scott WBLS radio personality page deleted
Hi Loriendrew I am baffled as to why my page was deleted. I saw you made a change to the WBLS page so I Thought you may be able to help get it replaced? Thanks for your help n(ShailaScott Radio (talk) 18:21, 29 March 2015 (UTC)) Here's the link
- You can look at Wikipedia:Articles for deletion/Shaila Scott for the reasons that article was deleted. To reintroduce the article you would need to overcome the issues brought forward in the discussion.--☾Loriendrew☽ ☏(talk) 18:47, 29 March 2015 (UTC)
Battle of Zama
Deletion of Possible Extinction
Talk:Wyattford From Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia Contested deletion I do not want my page deleted because it is incomplete. I also added some more citations and a lot more information that you deleted. Please undo what you have done to my page. — Preceding unsigned comment added by Wyattford (talk • contribs) 02:28, 6 April 2015 (UTC)
- The discussion about the article can be made on the talk page or at Wikipedia:Articles for deletion/Possible Extinction as explained in the note left for you as well as on the box in the article.--☾Loriendrew☽ ☏(ring-ring) 02:33, 6 April 2015 (UTC)
I have unreviewed a page you curated
Hi, I'm Wikicology. I wanted to let you know that I saw the page you reviewed, Talking About, and have un-reviewed it again. If you have any questions, please ask them on my talk page. Thank you. Wikic¤l¤gyt@lk to M£ 21:21, 9 April 2015 (UTC)
- Placing an article under CSD should not "curate" an article. Alas, consensus does not agree.--☾Loriendrew☽ ☏(ring-ring) 21:24, 9 April 2015 (UTC)
- I'm deeply sorry. I was distracted by something outside wikipedia. Wikic¤l¤gyt@lk to M£ 21:49, 9 April 2015 (UTC)
I need a help your expensive (a): Loriendrew do a rename the article recently created by me, about the artist is best known by the stage name Eduardo (rapper) make a change to this name please. Vyblushy077 (talk) 15:43, 11 April 2015 (UTC)
- The article has been moved at your request. Enjoy!--☾Loriendrew☽ ☏(ring-ring) 17:00, 11 April 2015 (UTC)
A barnstar for you!
|The Anti-Vandalism Barnstar|
|Thanks for helping revert vandalism! Archanine (talk) 02:05, 16 April 2015 (UTC)|
Jr. comma RfC
You're invited to participate in the discussion at Wikipedia:Village_pump_(policy)#RfC:_Guidance_on_commas_before_Jr._and_Sr. Dohn joe (talk) 02:21, 16 April 2015 (UTC)
I am closing the AfD on this article as a Redirect, which is why I removed the AfD tag and pointed the article elsewhere. Thus, I am reverting your reverting of my redirect. Thanks. And Adoil Descended (talk) 03:23, 18 April 2015 (UTC)
- Going to have to disagree with your closure and ask for a review. Three delete and redirects vs one redirect does not make for a redirect.--☾Loriendrew☽ ☏(ring-ring) 03:27, 18 April 2015 (UTC)
- There was no consensus to keep it, admittedly, but every participant beyond the nominator believed the article should be redirected. Admittedly, it is a WP:BOLD closure, but anything otherwise would ignore the underlying consensus that those seeking information on Eduardo should be redirected to article about his band. And Adoil Descended (talk) 03:33, 18 April 2015 (UTC)
I was actually running a test. I planted spelling errors on 5 pages. Good job finding them and fixing them. I congratulate you. — Preceding unsigned comment added by Voteforthisguy (talk • contribs) 01:26, 19 April 2015 (UTC)
- Vandalism, nontheless.--☾Loriendrew☽ ☏(ring-ring) 21:51, 20 April 2015 (UTC)
Please recreate the items I wrote about Danila Popel, they are real and up to date.
He would become more popular in further times, just let him be up there or he would not get any popularity on the internet. — Preceding unsigned comment added by Log1calGaming (talk • contribs) 01:51, 28 April 2015 (UTC)
- You mean the inappropriate entry to List of tallest people? Please read WP:What Wikipedia is not.--☾Loriendrew☽ ☏(ring-ring) 02:29, 28 April 2015 (UTC)
Aaron Hernandez's name is wrong on his wiki page
Aaron's middle name is Josef, not Michael. His listed on the MA dept of Corrections Inmate locator as "Aaron J Hernandez" https://www.vinelink.com/vinelink/detailsAction.do?siteId=20000&agency=1&id=W106228&searchType=offender
It is also listed as Josef in numerous documents filed by his attorneys. For example, page 5 of a request to release his medical records found here: http://ftpcontent2.worldnow.com/whdh/pdf/140617-hernandez-patriots-medical-subpoena.pdf — Preceding unsigned comment added by 18.104.22.168 (talk) 00:36, 4 May 2015 (UTC)
Deletion of employment practices section on Burger King, Arby's, KFC, and Wendy's pages:
Hello. It is my feeling that you need to cite a source that shows that none of these chains are involved in the citations that I referenced for each of those chain's pages'.
Here is the link to one: https://en.wikipedia.org/w/index.php?title=Burger_King&oldid=prev&diff=660276260
- I disagree, you posted the same quote to four different articles, just changing the company. As mentioned by another person, it belongs on a "fast food service" article.--☾Loriendrew☽ ☏(ring-ring) 09:56, 6 May 2015 (UTC)
Thank you for your writing. I would like to note, that while you have recommended that the Anzalone Liszt Grove Research concerning wage theft and Berkley University data concerning worker reliance on public assistance be added to a page be added to a page called, "fast food service"-- this page does not exist. I would further like to add that all four of the companies' pages I added this research to, are a few of the most prevalent fast food companies in the U.S with heavy presences in New York City making the sources applicable to them. All of those companies are cited in another report that states," Low wages and lack of benefits at the 10 largest fast-food companies in the united States cost tax- payersanestimated$3.8billionperyear" (see citation below). I am thinking it might be applicable to cite the heavy presence of the restaurants in New York City as an additional source for the first source, though not the Berkeley one.
Hey Loriendrew. I have deleted A Fantástica Fábrica de Cadáver under CSD A9. I just wanted to let you know why it was not eligible under G4 as you tagged it. That criterion, linked above for you to review, is only for article that were considered on the merits at a deletion discussion such as at AfD, MfD, etc. It never applies to pages that were speedy deleted (or prodded). Best regards--Fuhghettaboutit (talk) 13:39, 9 May 2015 (UTC)
- Although not G4, the album was mentioned as part of the AfD for the artist. It was A9'ed at the time. I just flagged it so the admin can see the discussion.--☾Loriendrew☽ ☏(ring-ring) 17:14, 9 May 2015 (UTC)
- As explained in the revert message, the citation/reference you supplied did not show or explain how that statement is true.--☾Loriendrew☽ ☏(ring-ring) 20:14, 10 May 2015 (UTC)
- Girl fairies are notable and have an article. Songs by artists who do not have any notability need to be significant in some format. Neither the song nor the artist meet those requirements. How they relate to fairies is beyond me.--☾Loriendrew☽ ☏(ring-ring) 22:15, 12 May 2015 (UTC)
- Eight minutes after posting to the talk page you made the edits. That is not waiting for consensus, given the weeks of discussion previously made (see archive 4 for the latest).--☾Loriendrew☽ ☏(ring-ring) 00:42, 14 May 2015 (UTC)
WQXR, WNYC and New York Public Radio
I don't understand why you keep removing New York City on WQXR because while they are licensed to Newark, their studios and antenna are located in Manhattan and their ID says Newark and New York. They basically are a New York City station despite the Newark license city. For WNYC, I was trying to make a section for Parent company New York Public Radio, which keeps redirecting to WNYC's page. There should be separate pages for New York Public Radio and WNYC. Finally, I put WQXR's logo with their Ossining repeater on it and that also got removed. Suediaz104 (talk) 00:47, 22 May 2015 (UTC)
- Radio stations are licensed to a location. This place can be found on the FCC license which is linked at the bottom of most station articles (external links section). To be specific, WQXR-FM is licensed to Newark, NJ, per the FCC license. They may service the NY metro area, have their main transmission antenna in NYC, and even their main studio, but they are licensed to Newark. As for your addition of the image, it was removed from wikicommons due to copyright infringement. Thank you for reminding me about your sockpuppetry.--☾Loriendrew☽ ☏(ring-ring) 03:57, 23 May 2015 (UTC)