Re: Downloading SVG files on Wikipedia
Welcome to Wikipedia. Everyone is welcome to make constructive contributions to Wikipedia, but at least one of your recent edits, such as the one you made to We Love Colors, did not appear to be constructive and has been automatically reverted (undone) by ClueBot NG.
- Please use the sandbox for any test edits you would like to make, and take a look at the welcome page to learn more about contributing to this encyclopedia. Note that human editors do monitor recent changes to Wikipedia articles, and administrators have the ability to block users from editing if they repeatedly engage in vandalism.
- ClueBot NG produces very few false positives, but it does happen. If you believe the change you made should not have been detected as unconstructive, please read about it, report it here, remove this warning from your talk page, and then make the edit again.
- The following is the log entry regarding this warning: We Love Colors was changed by Macthefork (u) (t) ANN scored at 0.967633 on 2011-07-25T10:01:54+00:00 . Thank you. ClueBot NG (talk) 10:01, 25 July 2011 (UTC)
Mac is right, Cluebot is wrong
Sorry that you had trouble, Mac. Automated anti-vandalism tools aren't perfect and you've gotten sucked into the net on accident. Your blanking of the Ultra-spammy section at We Love Colors was 100% appropriate, despite being reverted by ClueBot. I have nominated the entire page for deletion in the aftermath. Carrite (talk) 15:45, 1 August 2011 (UTC)
- After actually looking at what you did, there are better ways to handle stuff like this, Mac. Don't ever threaten to do this that or the other thing in the edit summary — that's not the place for that stuff. A little bit of growling is allowed on the discussion pages and it might have been appropriate (within reason) there. Also, posting objections in written form in the middle of the article itself isn't the way to get a spammy page removed — it's just going to get administrators mad at YOU. WP:AFD is the link to remember, it gives you a step-by-step procedure for getting commercial crap removed. It requires one to be a little pro-active and to spend 15 minutes or whatever following the process to completion. But that's what you should do in the future — if you find something that you strongly feel doesn't belong, nominate it for deletion... Welcome to Wikipedia, by the way... Carrite (talk) 15:53, 1 August 2011 (UTC) last edit: Carrite (talk) 16:01, 1 August 2011 (UTC)
- For the record, the article now goes "on trial" at Wikipedia:Articles for deletion/We Love Colors. Editors, including new editors such as yourself, are able to recommend either Keeping or Deleting an article on that page, or just commenting on the article without a recommendation. In seven days, a "closing administrator" who has not participated in either the writing of the page or the debate on the page, will assess the various arguments made by both sides and make a final decision whether the piece should be kept, deleted, or whether there is "no consensus" about one or the other option. In the event of "no consensus," pages are kept by default. If you have any questions about Wikipedia or problems with Wikipedia, don't hesitate to write. Best regards, Carrite (talk) 16:00, 1 August 2011 (UTC)