User talk:Malik Shabazz
|User page||Talk page||Contributions||Articles||Shiny things||WikiProjects|
|Are you here because I deleted your article? Please read this before you leave me a message.|
|This talk page is automatically archived by Lowercase sigmabot III. Threads with no replies in 5 days may be automatically moved.|
Search the Archives
CRT on the Supreme Court
Hi Malik, Your improvements to the critical race theory page caught my attention. To my interest, my research has turned up that Sonia Sotomayor was strongly influenced by CRT some years ago and is the only one on the Supreme Court with this in her history. During the last week, I have been adding material from 3 new books on the Roberts court to her page and am almost done. Because of her unique background, I thought to ask you if the article is anywhere close to an upgrade by peer evaluation. She would be the first woman on the Supreme Court to reach the highest level of peer evaluation at Wikipedia. Possibly you could give the article a once over when/if time allows to let me know if this unique judge deserves this attention. I ask this only if this field is of interest to you and if time allows. LawrencePrincipe (talk) 00:29, 19 July 2014 (UTC)
- Hi Lawrence. I'll try to take a look at Sonia Sotomayor in the next week or so, but my schedule is tight and I may not be able. You might want to request a review at WP:Peer review. — Malik Shabazz Talk/Stalk 02:46, 19 July 2014 (UTC)
The Signpost: 23 July 2014
- Wikimedia in education: Education program gaining momentum in Israel
- News and notes: Institutional media uploads to Commons get a bit easier
- Traffic report: The World Cup hangs on, though tragedies seek to replace it
- Featured content: Why, they're plum identical!
User Evildoer187, has returned to Wikipedia and has violated his topic ban. This ip belongs to him and he is using it to avoid his topic ban. He states in this edit summary that it belongs to him. Can you permanently block this ip since it appears to be attached to him and no other computer? If not what can be done? Thanks! [User:AcidSnow|AcidSnow]] (talk) 17:44, 26 July 2014 (UTC)
- I have decided to report this to an admin that was involved in the case. Thank you for the possible help anyways. AcidSnow (talk) 17:55, 26 July 2014 (UTC)
Hi, thanks for deleting the Ford Mondeo (second generation) page so the page move could be performed . To save time, I would like to please request that you also do the following to finish the job in one go (it would otherwise require me to nominate each page step-by-step over a few days):
- Ford Mondeo (fourth generation) ---> Ford Mondeo (third generation)
- Ford Mondeo (fifth generation) ---> Ford Mondeo (fourth generation)
- Then please delete the old Ford Mondeo (fifth generation) redirect
- Done Please check that any incoming links are working properly. — Malik Shabazz Talk/Stalk 00:19, 27 July 2014 (UTC)
Hello, I was hoping to make a page about Beenzino and the notice said I should contact you. I believe my draft User:Asdklf;/Beenzino fulfills the obligations of A7. Thank you for your time. Asdklf; (talk) 02:44, 27 July 2014 (UTC)Asdklf;
- Hi. The key question about Beenzino is whether he is notable. See WP:MUSICBIO for the relevant notability guidelines. It appears Beenzino qualifies, so you can go ahead and move the draft to Beenzino. — Malik Shabazz Talk/Stalk 02:57, 27 July 2014 (UTC)
2012 Robocup 2D Soccer Simulation League
Robocup 2D Soccer Simulation League is part of the main event of Robotics in the entire world. It is a serious competition that happens every year in different countries. A wiki containing all information about this event is extremely necessary because it contains data about teams and everything that happens in the event. These data help others team to improve their quality to the next championships.
- In order to qualify for an encyclopedia article, a subject must be "notable". Please read WP:N, our notability guideline. There was no indication that the 2012 Robocup 2D Soccer Simulation League was notable.
- If the 2012 Robocup 2D Soccer Simulation League was notable, please provide me with three reliable sources that have written about it. That will help me decide whether to restore the article. — Malik Shabazz Talk/Stalk 01:41, 28 July 2014 (UTC)
Sorry for not citing more sources first. I reckon that I should've done this. Anyway, here are some articles about RoboCup 2012.
And here is an entire book about the event: http://www.amazon.com/RoboCup-2012-Computer-Artificial-Intelligence/dp/3642392490 — Preceding unsigned comment added by Shadowhunter777 (talk • contribs) 07:05, 28 July 2014 (UTC)
- I've restored the article. Please add the sources to it. Thank you. — Malik Shabazz Talk/Stalk 17:26, 28 July 2014 (UTC)
Palestine Map Borders
Why did you undo my correction? https://en.wikipedia.org/w/index.php?title=Palestine&oldid=618007457&diff=prev The dotted line on the map is dark green so the legend should correspondingly be dark-green not blue. Or am I not understanding something? Sqgl (talk) 18:11, 29 July 2014 (UTC)sqgl
- I'm not sure what the dotted green line means, although it may be connected to Roman Syria Palaestina (as with the solid green line). The dotted blue line is the modern boundary of the West Bank and Gaza Strip, the State of Palestine. — Malik Shabazz Talk/Stalk 20:49, 29 July 2014 (UTC)