- 1 Gareth Bale
- 2 Bits and pieces
- 3 Naming conventions
- 4 Mail
- 5 WikiProject Yorkshire Newsletter - July 2014
- 6 Protect
- 7 User:Umberto Bottura
- 8 Tim Krul
- 9 Doubt / Updates
- 10 Lowlife
- 11 José Luis Gómez Pérez
- 12 YUCHENG48
- 13 Reverted Edits
- 14 Birmingham City Edit
- 15 Reply / Other thoughts
- 16 Manchester City updated squad numbers
- 17 July 2014
- 18 July 11, 2014
- 19 July 11, 2014
- 20 YUCHENG48
- 21 York City
- 22 Chris Brunt
- 23 Time to go
- 24 José Luis Gómez Pérez and other Lglukgl additions
- 25 Infobox stats
- 26 Bryan Ruiz
- 27 Searching for photos
- 28 Blocking conditions
- 29 Demba Ba
- 30 Honours
- 31 Apologies
- 32 Pubblicity inappropiate
- 33 Talkback
- 34 Sigh...
- 35 Re:
- 36 Halifax Town
- 37 Lampard signs for York City!!
- 38 ??
- 39 Mail
- 40 I misunderstand it
- 41 Unworthy contents / moves
- 42 Bits and pieces
- 43 DYK for Lindon Meikle
- 44 Help
- 45 Luca Havern Picture.
- 46 Grammar help
- (Reverted 1 edit by Jaceknow (talk): WP isn't the place to advertise YouTube clips. (TW))
- It is not my clip. It seems to be an official Real Madrit clip
Bits and pieces
1 - Hmmmm... remember our intro-approaches discussion last week? Ovinod said "I'll work in those intros asap", not only has he not done that as of today (three days i believe since he replied) but also my/your message concerning that has been summarily removed from his page. Like i said, screw it, he can write bugger all to replace what he has removed or (for example) "Rui Patrício was voted Robocop of the century in the last eight World Cups" for all i care, completely gutted by this.
2 - Speaking of feeling gutted, was about to write another WP:FOOTY report but then visited the community page to find out ZERO replies to my last have been written ONE WEEK later (Ovinod does not count because i already knew his opinion), wonderful! So, i'll report to you directly: User:Royroydeb has started creating a new category, LIGA I FOOTBALLERS, when LIGA I PLAYERS (100% the same) already exists, care to communicate with him (he'll be notified of this of course, since i highlighted his name)?
- In regards to AL's comment, when I meant ASAP, it clearly wasn't quick enough for him. It may mean a few hours, or 2/3 days, but clearly he's in a hurry, something surprising for someone who's leaving in 12 days. Anyways I have been bombarded with work and final exams these past few days hence why I haven't managed to accomplish what I promised. Also I am free to remove any content from my talk page, especially after we came to an agreement. Funny how he mentioned I removed your/his messages from my talk page, after all, he did the same with mine from his page.
- I clearly have jumped to conclusions about #1, i have already presented my sincere apologies to Mr.Ovinod, hopefully he'll accept them. --AL (talk) 11:57, 1 July 2014 (UTC)
More on item #1: i have seen two intros constructed by Ovinod, Hugo Almeida and Rui Patrício: to avoid my so-called repetitions he engaged in detail which should not be present in an intro, and also used nicknames in the text ("Quinas" being the nickname for the Portuguese team), which is completely wrong for an intro in my (and WP's i wager) opinion. I could not resist it and also contributed/cleaned (mind you Ovinod and Matty, i did not REMOVE anything like it was done previously to me, i COMPOSED), if i am reverted again now i give you both my word of honour as a (non)scout, i stay put. But please Matty, compare both versions.
Hi, thanks for letting me know about the naming conventions on WP:NCPDAB. Upon looking into this matter further, there appears to be thousands of articles which incorrectly do not use the comma. I have changed a few of these but as I do all my edits manually this is very time consuming. I was wondering if you knew any automated editing tools which could make this task easier. Tanbircdq (talk) 08:42, 1 July 2014 (UTC)
WikiProject Yorkshire Newsletter - July 2014
|The Yorkshire WikiProject Newsletter|
If you do not wish to receive the newsletter, please add an N to the column against your username on the Project Mainpage.
00:34, 2 July 2014 (UTC)
Regarding this message i have received (please see here https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/User_talk:Always_Learning#Protect), what's your intake on it? I keep advising the Romanian guy to direct his queries to WP:FOOTY, but he always lands on my page.
- Yeah, kinda. It's not that bad, but I can't be always there to revert the unconstructive editing. Blocking unregistered users would probably be the best option.8Dodo8 (talk · contribs) 15:38, 3 July 2014 (UTC)
- Yeah, but I won't be here on the Wikipedia forever and I suppose that there will be at least one unregistered user that will ruin the pages at one point, and besides me and one other guy there is no one else looking up for these pages. If you still think they shouldn't be protected, I'm ok with it. 8Dodo8 (talk · contribs) 15:57, 3 July 2014 (UTC)
One of the last times i report this idiot, then he'll roam free in his prairies of mischief (see here https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Special:Contributions/220.127.116.11)...
Doubt / Updates
1 - if no one can prove that Daniel Guerrero Gómez has played in the Hong Kong First Division League (TRANSFERMARKT.com, not only it is not reliable but even if it was it does not contain any data on that, or did not last time i checked it; SOCCERWAY.com, which i just added, also does not have anything), this article must be deleted right?
2 - have you had time to compare both intro versions regarding the Portuguese players yet? I feel like Ovinod has summarily decided to cease all conversation with me like soooooooooooo many users, makes me sad to end on that note but what can i do?
- Then again, maybe i don't need to be hysterical or similar to be insulted, did nothing but being misled by Valencia CF's current squad template (thus believing Andrés Guardado had been recalled by the Spanish team) and deserved the following reversion with the following comment (see here https://en.wikipedia.org/w/index.php?title=Andr%C3%A9s_Guardado&diff=615761076&oldid=615593830). Have already told them fair and square what i thought of their actions towards me, with a bit of sarcasm but no foul language even though they deserved it.
More: 1 - checked FOOTBALLDATABASE.EU, it shows him playing for Kitchee but with blanks in the games/goals fields; 2 - thanks for having a look. But what i meant was looking at those AND mine previous, and see why they merited to be summarily removed; 3 - my thoughts too (loan return), but what i meant is why did i merit to be insulted? --AL (talk) 16:37, 6 July 2014 (UTC)
- Still regarding #2 (i commented on that with you, but never asked a direct question), and later will convey your response (YES or NO suffices) to Ovinod: If i create intros for players that are "word for word similar" (with the exception of the tournaments and the national teams of course), if it is done in my words like WP asks of us is it a wrong edit like Ovinod says it is (it's not repetitive if it's in DIFFERENT articles methinks)? I fail to see where.
Accounted created only for vandalism, just check what he did in Andreu Fontàs (this one https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/User_talk:Mehemmederkek). Shall we accommodate? --AL (talk) 23:48, 6 July 2014 (UTC)
- Speaking of lowlifes, don't know if this is worth blocking due to the activity amount, but here's another by User:Umberto Bottura (https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Special:Contributions/18.104.22.168). --AL (talk) 01:01, 7 July 2014 (UTC)
Another (this one much more used https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Special:Contributions/22.214.171.124), here we see how he already knows how to UNDO others, what a piece of garbage! --AL (talk) 01:17, 7 July 2014 (UTC)
Hey Matty, how are you?
Can you please delete the page above and its redirect (Joselu Almeria)? The guy isn't fully pro, and only played for Spanish third and fourth division sides.
Continues to move page after page after after page (like here https://en.wikipedia.org/w/index.php?title=Nagore_(footballer)&diff=615418337&oldid=614935551), sometimes he'll get it right, most of the times i fear he won't. His "explanatory" summaries were 99,999999999999% of the times vague to say the least, now he does not even bother with them.
- And another from Bottura, anotheeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeer (https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Special:Contributions/126.96.36.199)! --AL (talk) 14:44, 7 July 2014 (UTC)
Hey there - Thanks for the edits. My edits were not for test purposes, so you've done a mistake indeed! My edits included adding a couple of pictures to the articles I edited, to enhance them. Please take a look at them again and you should see how they improved the articles if anything :) Cheers -- Foudamo (talk) 17:05, 7 July 2014 (UTC)
- Oh that's weird! I uploaded the photos and they showed up fine after the edits. Anyways, I will edit them again tonight and let you know when I am done so you can review them. Cheers, -- Foudamo (talk) 17:16, 7 July 2014 (UTC)
Birmingham City Edit
Hey man, don't really know if I'm doing this right, I'm new to this really.
But yes, the source, well that would be from photos provided by Andy Walker on the official bcfc website...kit numbers are visible, and after a private conversation with Andy Walker, the kit numbers were released to me there also.
below an example of the photos-where kit numbers are visible.
Reply / Other thoughts
1 - Regarding Juanfran (footballer, born 1985), game was annulled by FIFA. He did play and score, but stats do not count now, it's all in reference #20 (in Spanish, but it's A.O.K reliability-wise). Speaking of article, i see you've "met" User:Mateka9911, does not write one summary/PC update and, per his page, has had his share of warnings...
2 - What's your intake of José Luis Gómez Pérez's tag being changed by a fellow user? Were you notified of that?
3 - Still in honours and Snowman's approach, i'm trying not to be utterly nonplussed but it's difficult, Jordi Alba SCORES in the UEFA Euro 2012 Final and, since the honour was not referenced in the prose, it was removed? If you look into the current version of the article, i've browsed the web for some refs and will add some more today, but some wiki-rules are very difficult to understand (this meaning i never doubt Snowman's better judgement, he's just enforcing the rules, i am just saying some rules are W-R-O-N-G!).
Attentively (P.S. my abandonment of the project may take a little more than originally expected, i'm trying to remove TRANSFERMARKT.com in all (or most) of the Spanish/Portuguese footballers and replace it with SOCCERWAY.com, i'll notify you when i'm "ready"). --AL (talk) 23:09, 9 July 2014 (UTC)
Manchester City updated squad numbers
The official new kit was launched today and you can choose a player to have his number on the back of your shirt .. that's where you will find the new squad numbers. — Preceding unsigned comment added by AhMeD BoSS (talk • contribs) 13:12, 10 July 2014 (UTC)
Please stop deleting my edits. THEY ARE CORRECT EDITS AND ARE PAGES THAT NEED TO BE EDITED. THANK YOU.
July 11, 2014
Sir this is CanadainBoy7. I did add a verified source for the Luis Suarez page. Luis Suarez is officially a Barcelona player, and you can check from the Barcelona website. Please check the source next time before undoing edits and threatening to banned people. — Preceding unsigned comment added by CanadianBoy7 (talk • contribs) 12:10, 11 July 2014 (UTC)
July 11, 2014
That's true sir, but you have to leave it as the current state. If he doesn't pass the medical exam then we can undo the post. But we all know the chances of him failing the medical exam are low. Thank you. — Preceding unsigned comment added by CanadianBoy7 (talk • contribs) 12:16, 11 July 2014 (UTC)
Getting beyond ridiculous now, he moved Bruno Pereirinha's page to "Pereirinha", it would be like moving Wayne Rooney's page to "Rooney", or Barack Obama's to "Obama". Ah, please note that Pereirinha is not a nickname, it's his REAL surname.
Not sure why YCFC History has had details of the York City South supporters branch, original fanzine Terrace Talk or current fanzine New Frontiers. Materials were all referenced and are freely available on the internet and accessible via various other external links. CMF Chrismf (talk) 15:19, 11 July 2014 (UTC)
Sorry, for some reason someones removed the note that the soccerbase account is wrong. I'll find the article that one of his goals that shows on his soccerbase record was taken off him. — Preceding unsigned comment added by Danwba (talk • contribs) 15:35, 12 July 2014 (UTC)
Time to go
I most likely will return (i know myself), but now will go on an extended break, am in dire need of one. Please salt my user page after the whistle is blown to the World Cup, i too will retreat to the locker rooms...
- Can talk pages be salted too? I would like that too, if possible. --AL (talk) 17:56, 12 July 2014 (UTC)
José Luis Gómez Pérez and other Lglukgl additions
Hi Matty, MYS "here".
I was talking to AL about the user mentioned above (he also created the page mentioned), and I have some questions to you:
1: José Luis Gómez Pérez isn't fully pro, but some other user removed the "nominated for deletion" template from him, arguing that he passes WP:GNG. However, he doesn't pass the WP:FOOTY, and he should be removed (I think).
2: Can we do something with this guy (Lglukgl)? He returned after a break, and is still doing some wrong edits, creating poor pages and all we told you before. After reading to WP:CIR, I'll not help this guy anymore, but I'll watch his contributions anyway, just to be sure that his additions will only "survive" if they are decent enough. Also, I told AL that he seems to be searching the whole WP for another poor page who wasn't created by him and point some errors (just like: "Look, the guy made a mistake!" or "The English of this page is as poor as mine!"). I think he's trying to justify his errors by pointing others, and I don't like it.
- One final service: similar to Daniel Guerrero Gómez, if no one can prove Mikel Arce played in the Major League Soccer of the Paraguayan Primera División, then he must be deleted no? --AL (talk) 21:17, 12 July 2014 (UTC)
On Spessato i added a empty section then i will complete that table.
On Kelic i added the correct caps and goals (season over ) according to soccerway →int.soccerway.com/players/renato-kelic/65911/
These are not distruptive edits in my opionion i usually do small edits. This is a distruptive edit →https://en.wikipedia.org/w/index.php?title=Mattia_Gallon&diff=590867883&oldid=535837918 Place of Death and other
Hello Matty, could you please have a look at the edits being made by Hawaiifive0 (talk · contribs) on Bryan Ruiz... Ruiz is not on loan at PSV any more and while I will admit that he will not be staying at Fulham, he's still contracted to them until they make an announcement on his future. Thanks, JMHamo (talk) 10:04, 14 July 2014 (UTC)
Searching for photos
Hey, Mattythewhite. Is there a page where I can request photos of footballers? I really need photos for the players of my favorite team, FC Petrolul Ploiești, it's one of the best teams in Romania right now and I think that at least the important players should have photos. Most of the Romanian sport sites have the "all rights reserved", so I can't find any free-license photos. I would need the help of an expert. 8Dodo8 (talk · contribs) 12:06, 14 July 2014 (UTC)
Hey Matty, how are you?
What conditions allows us to block an user? Vandalism is one of them, of course, but there's other conditions?
After reading WP:BLOCK, I saw some things that Lglukgl do that fills the criteria (overlinking, disruptive edits) and these two verses: "Blocks should be used to encourage a more productive, congenial editing style within community norms" and "persistent posts of unreferenced, poorly or incorrectly referenced, or potentially defamatory information about living persons" fill perfectly into his errors. And also, we've already started the blocking process in my opinion, we've warned him more than once.
- Speaking from the "wikidead": you should definitely have another go at Snowman and his summary removal of honours, even if sourced in the prose, last victim was Adrián López Álvarez, four or five were ref'd in the storyline but he removed them nonetheless, as the international goals (in this case "goal") chart, his goal against Serbia was ref'd ONE LINE above the chart, he could not care less.
No need to reply me, "reply" him for WP's improvement. I repeat, maybe a consensus was reached that said honours needed to be directly sourced in the due section (thus Snowman is only enforcing it), but this needs to be changed no? YOU are an administrator too and you say there is no harm in ref'ing honours in the storyline alone, something does not add up coherence-wise.
- My oversight, apologies to GS in order. Yes, now he has the custom of adding a tag, he removed them altogether in the past (but the international goal for Mr. Álvarez he did not tag, he removed, and it was ref'd in prose). Thanks for your help overall, and thank you GS as well. --188.8.131.52 (talk) 22:44, 16 July 2014 (UTC)
- Hey, I'm here again bothering you. Dunno why you didn't replied me, but that's ok. About the user above, he's still doing disruptive edits, and recently pointed his errors as my fault(?). I'll transcript his phrase below:
- Hello Mys Yesterday you said go to sleeep so i made incomplete edit yesterday but tomorrow i will have complete these edits.
- I know the WPlivescore but that match was orrible (Gremio-Goias) so the automatic score for a BAD BAD BAD match was 0-0. I added the result at the 80 minute.I told you once that i 'm a sudemerican football fan but that match was ORRIBLE.
- On Portuguesa i haven't done vandalism or distr.edits i 've added the correct result + report + correct information. Ah is not Portuguesa - Ponte Preta it is Ponte Preta - Portuguesa. Ah in the future i will create AGAIN Passo Das Emas Stadium.
If he is interested he can see here → why this mess? For the 100... time find a reliable reasons for block me (WP.Competency or other) but i'm not destroing WP with vandalism distr.edits MYS. --Lglukgl (talk) 01:38, 18 July 2014 (UTC)
Hi and thank you for the message, I made them edits with a reliable source in mind but hadn't yet added it as I wasn't sure where was best to put it on the page, I will put the link here and kindly ask if you could help to add it to the page, cheers. http://www.dailymail.co.uk/sport/football/article-2694288/Demba-Ba-tweets-Im-Besiktas-Chelsea-striker-lands-Turkey-complete-move.html Lukejordan02 (talk) 21:31, 16 July 2014 (UTC)
- No Worries, just as long as you no I made a mistake I really did think the deal had gone through, I myself get very frustrated when editors keep changing teams when deals haven't even be made and find myself constantly reminding editors about waiting until it actually happens (if it ever does.) Lukejordan02 (talk) 22:09, 16 July 2014 (UTC)
Honours in the 'Honours' section should be directly referenced as per WP:BLP and WP:V. There was a relatively recent discussion at WP:BLPN where that was confirmed by the experts, including another admin. GiantSnowman 11:51, 17 July 2014 (UTC)
- Matty, i knew that reply was going to happen, my query is why not re-discuss it? It makes ZERO sense to source that (example follows) one guy scored in the UEFA Euro 2012 Final (Jordi Alba) in the storyline, then remove the honour. --184.108.40.206 (talk) 16:48, 17 July 2014 (UTC)
I decide to make this an apology to you Matty as I was out of order doing that and I am sorry. This should be able to stay so that other people can apologise if they make mistake. — Preceding unsigned comment added by Euanmorgan0710 (talk • contribs) 18:49, 17 July 2014 (UTC)
In my opinion they are using WP for pubblicity.
They only write this :He is currently represented by Voight Sports & Entertainment Management.
This is inappropiate in my opinion and they add dead links →http://myvoight.com/areas-of-practice/sports-management/
Who am i kidding i can't leave, that shows how poor my life is (not saying WP is a bad thing, it is not, but there is life outside WP for sure)! But from now on (and i want to be blocked immediately if i fail in this): 1 - no more stupid summaries (no promises with vandals i'm sorry); 2 - no more wrong use or rollback; 3 - i will only edit in (some) Spanish/Portuguese football(ers), why the "some"? I have never edited, for example, in Cristiano Ronaldo or Andrés Iniesta.
Relax mate, I don't want to bother you. Well, at least today his edits were in an acceptable level (not all, but the vast majority of them), and this means that we are having a (surprisingly) improvement(!)
Hi, these squad numbers are the ones that the players are wearing during pre-season and are on the training shirts as well, although not having been officially released yet. Leo1802 (talk) 16:47, 19 July 2014 (UTC)
Lampard signs for York City!!
Is the current state of André Gomes correct (a businessman loans players?!)? I am not going to compose this because this user (our old acquaintance) FIXED4U reverts everyone. If it is correct, leave it be of course, if it's not please get in touch with this person, i won't.
- As you can see, another user reverted the intro, then i incurred in an edit conflict with him. Out of respect for said user (MURRY1975) and also because i agree with his approach i reinstated his intro, don't know how FIXED will react to this. --AL (talk) 21:06, 19 July 2014 (UTC)
You have been mailed, please reply (if you see it merits a reply) in the same fashion.
I misunderstand it
I am chinese,my English is not good.I think "American" is USA, the original is a city of Brazil.Thank you for pointing out I was wrong.Let me grow this knowledge.I was transformed with the translation software, can you understand?Please help me.Thank you very much.Please reply. 李郓梁 (talk) 06:44, 21 July 2014 (UTC)
Unworthy contents / moves
Please have a look at this (see here https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Talk:M%C3%ADchel_Salgado#Incident_involving_Juninho_whilst_at_Celta), i have already dropped my two cents there, please do the same.
Yet ANOTHER undue page move by Yucheng48? With 99,999999999999% of certainty (this one https://en.wikipedia.org/w/index.php?title=Jo%C3%A3o_M%C3%A1rio&diff=611562943&oldid=599892882), sigh indeed... --AL (talk) 17:26, 21 July 2014 (UTC)
- 1 - So it can stay no? If i'm reverted again, what do you advice? 2 - OK fine move it seems now, but most of them are not (and the other guy showed me is also known as JOÃO MÁRIO, so both need "tuning"), and his lack of summaries for something as important as moving a page is worrysome to say the least, is it not?
3 (extra) - i'm having quite the run-in with Mr.Fixed regarding intros, so my question is (and i'll later convey your answer to his page, without no hellos and no goodbyes): is "Always Learning is a Portuguese footballer who plays for S.L. Benfica as a central defender (i'm 1,90 :)) a wrong way to write an intro? He thinks it is not (instead of it he writes "...is a X footballer who plays as a central defender for Y") and, if the player is a foreigner (i.e. Luisão), adds "Luisão is a Brazilian footballer who plays as a central defender for Portuguese club Benfica". Isn't obvious Benfica (and the rest) is a club? Couldn't we write "...who plays for Benfica in Portugal as a central defender"?
Item #2: but this is serious as can be ("user" YUCHENG48), there are two Spanish footballers named Juanmi, i changed both pages duly (with the due comma as i saw you do), what do you think he did, without one word? This (https://en.wikipedia.org/w/index.php?title=Juanmi_(footballer,_born_1993)&diff=615431987&oldid=614955858)! --AL (talk) 00:12, 22 July 2014 (UTC)
Bits and pieces
(don't forget to look up, to the message titled "Unworthy contents / moves", i also wrote new stuff there) 1 - mind boggling! I thought we were not supposed to write divisions of clubs in intros, and after what i saw Struway2 (a user beyond all doubt, i vouch for that) do in Vitorino Antunes i really don't know, what gives?
2 - did i do alright stopping this guy in this tracks (please see here https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/User_talk:220.127.116.11) in Fabrice Olinga? Not the first time he writes unencyclopedical stuff (origins of nickname) in several African players, even if ref'd. If you, reading his last version, think it's encyclopedical, then forgive my overzealous approach and reinstate the "goodies" please.
3 - vandalism rampant in Licá, don't know why (Portuguese obscure player, never harmed a soul), but some idiots who also must hate F.C. Porto (sound familiar man?) keep screwing his page, and now they (they? he?) have stepped up their game. Human garbage, pure and simple. --AL (talk) 01:03, 22 July 2014 (UTC)
And this page move (Hallelujah, not YUCHENG48 now, but also without one word of explanation)? Fernando (footballer)?! Mate, i think from Spain and Portugal alone we will find 10/20 footballers with WP article. --AL (talk) 16:53, 22 July 2014 (UTC)
When you return from (hopefully it's only that) your wiki-break, please refer to Snowman to ask him about my reasons to leave forever (or visit WP:FOOTY, the discussion titled "Sergio Busquets and Míchel Salgado", for more "fun"). Nice to know you, bye and kindest of regards --AL (talk) 19:07, 23 July 2014 (UTC)
Glad you returned, do you have any thoughts on this message and the previous one? Please reply here, and be cryptic when required (the mails situation), i don't want to enter WP as reader (it's very radical and idiotic of me to have said that i would never even do that) and find insults on my anon take page.
- Yucheng48 messaged. The division was already present in that article, but you'd need to ask Struway directly for their reasoning. Agree with your removal at Olinga and I've watchlisted it, same with Licá. I've not been online much this week so sorry for being out of the loop, if there's something I've missed please contact me again. Mattythewhite (talk) 22:01, 27 July 2014 (UTC)
Thanks for the swift reply. You only missed the situation about our mail exchange, which resulted in a user being blocked, did you (and your joint investigations) reach any conclusions on whether the account and the anon IPs were the same?
As i'm out of the project, my doubt stems from sheer curiosity. Oh, and by the way, about the "Sergio Busquets and Michel Salgado" WP:FOOTY discussion, the blocked guy returned TODAY and was handed an harsher block whilst the other two main "offenders" were not, still refuses to acknowledge any responsibility and instead continues to complain about wiki-bullying by posses and cliques.
- You also missed the JOÃO MÁRIO (brother of Wilson Eduardo) and João Mário Nunes Fernandes bit, i think they both should be adjusted but leave it to your capable judgement ;) --18.104.22.168 (talk) 23:47, 27 July 2014 (UTC)
I also have been trying to get someone to convey to that blocked user (PANHEAD2014) that i have nothing against him personally, the run-in i had with him was just the last straw, it was HIGH TIME to leave because i was really stressed out (i have to acknowledge it had to be as much my fault as the others'). Have been trying that because if i wrote it myself he would accuse me (again) of harassment, but still to no avail, none of the people contacted think it would do any good. --22.214.171.124 (talk) 23:54, 27 July 2014 (UTC)
- Sorry, due to being so busy I didn't ask the other users, but I see Fixed4u has been indef blocked anyway. And the João Mário situation is sorted now, I think. Mattythewhite (talk) 17:16, 29 July 2014 (UTC)
I see, thanks a million for all your assistance, kindness and hard work throughout the years. I don't know if i'll ever return, but most definitely am going to take a very long wikinap! Take care. --126.96.36.199 (talk) 17:46, 29 July 2014 (UTC)
- Of course I hope you do return, but most importantly take care of yourself. Mattythewhite (talk) 23:39, 29 July 2014 (UTC)
DYK for Lindon Meikle
|On 23 July 2014, Did you know was updated with a fact from the article Lindon Meikle, which you recently created or substantially expanded. The fact was ... that Lindon Meikle signed for Eastwood Town following a trial, after his father suggested he join his brother Deon at the club? The nomination discussion and review may be seen at Template:Did you know nominations/Lindon Meikle. You are welcome to check how many page hits the article got while on the front page (here's how, live views, daily totals), and it may be added to the statistics page if the total is over 5,000. Finally, if you know of an interesting fact from another recently created article, then please feel free to suggest it on the Did you know talk page.|
Hi. I have taken the league in which the players act, however, a user follows reversing and entering "La Liga" instead of "Spain", specifically in these cases: Tiago Mendes and Guilherme Siqueira. Still, this user is likely sockpuppets this account: https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/User_talk:Fixed4u
Luca Havern Picture.
I took the picture on 16 August 2011, away at Colwyn Bay. I think the 24th was the day I uploaded it. cheers, TheHydeTiger 17:04, 31 July 2014 (UTC)
Back, but now "really back": Matty, i'm working these days, translating a book from English (proper, not US) to Portuguese. Piece is about 400 pages long, and i'm doing pretty well after starting last Sunday (was?), but now i'm stuck, browsed the web like crazy (including a site that contains links to the Oxford Dictionary if i'm not mistaken!) and found nothing...
Can you please tell me, in a nutshell, what does the idiom "Scuffed at the edges" mean? For further help, although most likely you won't need it, it refers to the city of London (being "genteel and scuffed at..."). Thank you very much in advance, keep it up here, there and everywhere! --188.8.131.52 (talk) 05:28, 1 August 2014 (UTC)