WikiProject Grey's Anatomy Weekly Newsletter: September 10, 2012
Hello members of WikiProject Grey's Anatomy! We are sending out our weekly newsletter with updates about the project and tasks. Big apologies for the lack of the newsletter last week! We have several new achievements and updates to be announced! List of Grey's Anatomy cast members, developed by TRLIJC19, is in the process of featured list candidacy. George O'Malley, written by Creativity97, was promoted to good article status last week! Cristina Yang, developed by TRLIJC19, Creativity97, and Sofffie7, is now a good article nominee! Our good article character count continues to rapidly increase! Jackson Avery is being developed to good article quality by TBrandley; we are excited for it to go live. Grey's Anatomy, developed by TRLIJC19, and Grey's Anatomy (season 3), developed by Jonathan Harold Koszeghi, are still in the preparations for featured article candidacy. There are many things to be done for the project, in an attempt to exemplify its best work. Below is a list of tasks, and guidelines:
|Tasks and Gudelines|
|Please try to follow these tasks to the best of your abilities. As with any guideline, there may be exceptions, so use common sense when applying them.
The weekly initiative this week, a repeat of last time, is to search the internet, and find season 6 reviews to add to Grey's Anatomy. Search through google archives, and news websites, to find reviews that talk about season 6 in entirety. Please make sure the reviews you find come from a highly reliable source such as a major news site, or a well-known magazine. If you find some reviews, please post them on the talk page of Grey's Anatomy, where they will be evaluated for quality. If you find a suitable review, that fits the criteria we are looking for, you will be awarded a barnstar! Take part in this initiative, have fun searching for reviews, feel proud after the review you find is added to the main article, and be rewarded with barnstars! Help make a difference and get started! Furthermore, if you notice that any user has participated in any weekly initiative and was not rewarded, give them a barnstar ASAP!
Have fun, and don't forget to only look at renowned sites! We hope to see several season 6 reviews posted on the talk page soon!
--The community of WikiProject Grey's Anatomy (Written by project coordinator TRLIJC19)
The Signpost: 19 February 2014
- News and notes: Foundation takes aim at undisclosed paid editing; Greek Wikipedia editor faces down legal challenge
- WikiProject report: Countering Systemic Bias
- Featured content: Holotype
- Traffic report: Chilly Valentines
- Technology report: ULS Comeback
The Signpost: 26 February 2014
- Special report: Diary of a protester—Wikimedian perishes in Ukrainian unrest
- Traffic report: Snow big deal
- WikiProject report: Racking brains with neuroscience
- Featured content: Odin salutes you
- Recent research: CSCW '14 retrospective; the impact of SOPA on deletionism
And so ends the most competitive first round we have ever seen, with 38 points required to qualify for round 2. Last year, 19 points secured a place; before that, 11 (2012) or 8 (2011) were enough. This is both a blessing and a curse. While it shows the vigourous good health of the competition, it also means that we have already lost many worthy competitors. Our top three scorers were:
- Godot13 (submissions), a WikiCup newcomer whose high-quality scans of rare banknotes represent an unusual, interesting and valuable contribution to Wikipedia. Most of Godot's points this round have come from a large set of pictures used in Treasury Note (1890–91).
- Adam Cuerden (submissions), a WikiCup veteran and a finalist last year, Adam is also a featured picture specialist, focusing on the restoration of historical images. This month's promotions have included a carefully restored set of artist William Russell Flint's work.
- WikiRedactor (submissions), another WikiCup newcomer. WikiRedactor has claimed points for good article reviews and good articles relating to pop music, many of which were awarded bonus points. Articles include Sky Ferreira, Hannah Montana 2: Meet Miley Cyrus and "Wrecking Ball" (Miley Cyrus song).
Other competitors of note include:
- Hahc21 (submissions), who helped take Thirty Flights of Loving through good article candidates and featured article candidates, claiming the first first featured article of the competition.
- Prism (submissions), who claimed the first featured list of the competition with Natalia Kills discography.
- Cwmhiraeth (submissions), who takes the title of the contributor awarded the highest bonus point multiplier (resulting in the highest scoring article) of the competition so far. Her high-importance salamander, now a good article, scored 108 points.
After such a competitive first round, expect the second round to also be fiercely fought. Remember that any content promoted after the end of round 1 but before the start of round 2 can be claimed in round 2, but please do not update your submission page until March (UTC). Invitations for collaborative writing efforts or any other discussion of potentially interesting work is always welcome on the WikiCup talk page. Remember, if two or more WikiCup competitors have done significant work on an article, all can claim points equally.
If you are concerned that your nomination—whether it is at good article candidates, a featured process, or anywhere else—will not receive the necessary reviews, please list it on Wikipedia:WikiCup/Reviews. If you want to help out with the WikiCup, please do your bit to help keep down the review backlogs! Questions are welcome on Wikipedia talk:WikiCup, and the judges are reachable on their talk pages or by email. Good luck! If you wish to start or stop receiving this newsletter, please feel free to add or remove yourself from Wikipedia:WikiCup/Newsletter/Send. J Milburn (talk • email), The ed17 (talk • email) and Miyagawa (talk • email) 00:01, 1 March 2014 (UTC)
(test) The Signpost: 05 March 2014
- Traffic report: Brinksmen on the brink
- Discussion report: Four paragraph lead, indefinitely blocked IPs, editor reviews broken?
- WikiProject report: Article Rescue Squadron
- Featured content: Full speed ahead for the WikiCup