|Mediran is taking a short wikibreak and will be back on Wikipedia soon, though some editing may occasionally be done.|
|This is Mediran's talk page, where you can send messages and comments to Mediran.|
|Archives: 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10, 11, 12, 13, 14, 15|
|This user is busy in real life and may not respond swiftly to queries.|
- 1 The Signpost: 04 June 2014
- 2 Orphaned non-free image File:SpongeBob SquarePants 2 logo.jpg
- 3 Your GA nomination of SpongeBob SquarePants (season 7)
- 4 The Signpost: 11 June 2014
- 5 Your GA nomination of SpongeBob SquarePants (season 7)
- 6 Your GA nomination of Squidward Tentacles
- 7 Stephen Hillenburg
- 8 The Wikipedia Library: New Account Coordinators Needed
- 9 The Signpost: 18 June 2014
- 10 WikiProject Bangladesh Premier League Elections
- 11 Your GA nomination of SpongeBob SquarePants (season 7)
- 12 The Signpost: 25 June 2014
- 13 GOCE July 2014 newsletter
- 14 Tom Hanks
- 15 The Signpost: 02 July 2014
- 16 The Signpost: 09 July 2014
- 17 The Signpost: 16 July 2014
- 18 The Signpost: 23 July 2014
- 19 Books and Bytes - Issue 7
- 20 The Signpost: 30 July 2014
- 21 The Signpost: 06 August 2014
- 22 WikiProject Good articles Future GAN Backlog Drive
- 23 The Signpost: 13 August 2014
- 24 GOCE July drive and August blitz
The Signpost: 04 June 2014
- Special report: IEG funding for women's stories—a new approach to the gender gap
- News and notes: Two new affiliate-selected trustees
- In the media: Reliable or not, doctors use Wikipedia
- Traffic report: Autumn in summer
- Featured content: Ye stately homes of England
Orphaned non-free image File:SpongeBob SquarePants 2 logo.jpg
Thanks for uploading File:SpongeBob SquarePants 2 logo.jpg. The image description page currently specifies that the image is non-free and may only be used on Wikipedia under a claim of fair use. However, the image is currently not used in any articles on Wikipedia. If the image was previously in an article, please go to the article and see why it was removed. You may add it back if you think that that will be useful. However, please note that images for which a replacement could be created are not acceptable for use on Wikipedia (see our policy for non-free media).
Your GA nomination of SpongeBob SquarePants (season 7)
Hi there, I'm pleased to inform you that I've begun reviewing the article SpongeBob SquarePants (season 7) you nominated for GA-status according to the criteria. This process may take up to 7 days. Feel free to contact me with any questions or comments you might have during this period. Message delivered by Legobot, on behalf of Ruby2010 -- Ruby2010 (talk) 03:01, 12 June 2014 (UTC)
The Signpost: 11 June 2014
- Paid editing: Does Wikipedia Pay? The Moderator: William Beutler
- Special report: Questions raised over secret voting for WMF trustees
- News and notes: PR agencies commit to ethical interactions with Wikipedia
- Traffic report: The week the wired went weird
- Featured content: Politics, ships, art, and cyclones
Your GA nomination of SpongeBob SquarePants (season 7)
The article SpongeBob SquarePants (season 7) you nominated as a good article has been placed on hold . The article is close to meeting the good article criteria, but there are some minor changes or clarifications needing to be addressed. If these are fixed within 7 days, the article will pass; otherwise it may fail. See Talk:SpongeBob SquarePants (season 7) for things which need to be addressed. Message delivered by Legobot, on behalf of Ruby2010 -- Ruby2010 (talk) 02:20, 17 June 2014 (UTC)
Your GA nomination of Squidward Tentacles
The article Squidward Tentacles you nominated as a good article has passed ; see Talk:Squidward Tentacles for comments about the article. Well done! If the article has not already been on the main page as an "In the news" or "Did you know" item, you can nominate it to appear in Did you know. Message delivered by Legobot, on behalf of Zanimum -- Zanimum (talk) 22:02, 18 June 2014 (UTC)
Hi. Just finished the copy edit. If you don't mind, I one suggestion, and one thing I'd like to point out in the edit:
- First, I think you need to combine the early life and ed section with the early career section, they overlap, particularly the CalArts part.
- Second, in several quotations, I changed the capitalization of the first word, since in the sentence structure the word should not be capitalized. However, I put the changed letter in brackets, since it was changed from the original, but that is a matter of opinion, some say the brackets are unnecessary. Good luck. Onel5969 (talk) 16:54, 20 June 2014 (UTC)
The Wikipedia Library: New Account Coordinators Needed
Hi Books & Bytes recipients: The Wikipedia Library has been expanding rapidly and we need some help! We currently have 10 signups for free account access open and several more in the works... In order to help with those signups, distribute access codes, and manage accounts we'll need 2-3 more Account Coordinators.
It takes about an hour to get up and running and then only takes a couple hours per week, flexible depending upon your schedule and routine. If you're interested in helping out, please drop a note in the next week at my talk page or shoot me an email at: jorlowitzgmail.com. Thanks and cheers, Jake Ocaasi via MediaWiki message delivery (talk) 23:41, 20 June 2014 (UTC)
The Signpost: 18 June 2014
- Special report: Wikimedia Bangladesh—a chapter's five-year journey
- Traffic report: You can't dethrone Thrones
- WikiProject report: Visiting the city
- Featured content: Worming our way to featured picture
WikiProject Bangladesh Premier League Elections
Dear Wikiproject Bangladesh Premier League member. I hope you are having a great time. As you know, it was agreed at the time of the advent of the project that there shall be an election to elect Coordinator and Vice Coordinator every six months. Since the time has arrived now, we hope to conduct an election to elect the new Coordinator and Vice Coordinator. All the people hoping to contest to the posts can leave a message in the project talkpage. The election will end by 01 July 2014 00:00 (UTC) starting from 24 June 2014 00:00 (UTC). We sincerely hope you participate in the elections and thereby help improve the quality of Wikiproject Bangladesh Premier League and it's organisation. Cheers --Pratyya (Hello!) and ƬheStrikeΣagle 15:12, 23 June 2014 (UTC)
Your GA nomination of SpongeBob SquarePants (season 7)
The article SpongeBob SquarePants (season 7) you nominated as a good article has failed ; see Talk:SpongeBob SquarePants (season 7) for reasons why the nomination failed. If or when these points have been taken care of, you may apply for a new nomination of the article. Message delivered by Legobot, on behalf of Ruby2010 -- Ruby2010 (talk) 21:02, 28 June 2014 (UTC)
The Signpost: 25 June 2014
- Exclusive: "We need to be true to who we are"—Foundation's new executive director speaks to the Signpost
- News and notes: US National Archives enshrines Wikipedia in Open Government Plan, plans to upload all holdings to Commons
- Featured content: Showing our Wörth
- WikiProject report: The world where dreams come true
- Discussion report: Media Viewer, old HTML tags
- Traffic report: Fake war, or real sport?
|Guild of Copy Editors July 2014 newsletter is now ready for review. Highlights:
– Your project coordinators:, and .
|Hi, just to let you know that the copy edit you requested for Tom Hanks at the Guild of Copy Editors requests page is now complete. All feedback welcome! JudyCS (talk) 02:09, 6 July 2014 (UTC)|
The Signpost: 02 July 2014
- News and notes: Wikimedia Israel receives Roaring Lion award
- In the media: Wiki Education; medical content; PR firms
- WikiProject report: Indigenous peoples of North America
- Traffic report: The Cup runneth over... and over.
- Featured content: Ship-shape
- Technology report: In memoriam: the Toolserver (2005–14)
The Signpost: 09 July 2014
- Special report: Wikimania 2014—what will it cost?
- Wikimedia in education: Exploring the United States and Canada with LiAnna Davis
- News and notes: Echoes of the past haunt new conflict over tech initiative
- Featured content: Three cheers for featured pictures!
- Traffic report: World Cup, Tim Howard rule the week
The Signpost: 16 July 2014
- Special report: $10 million lawsuit against Wikipedia editors withdrawn, but plaintiff intends to refile
- Wikimedia in education: Serbia takes the stage with Filip Maljkovic
- News and notes: Bot-created Wikipedia articles covered in the Wall Street Journal, push Cebuano over one million articles
- Traffic report: World Cup dominates for another week
- Featured content: The Island with the Golden Gun
The Signpost: 23 July 2014
- Wikimedia in education: Education program gaining momentum in Israel
- News and notes: Institutional media uploads to Commons get a bit easier
- Traffic report: The World Cup hangs on, though tragedies seek to replace it
- Featured content: Why, they're plum identical!
Books and Bytes - Issue 7
The Signpost: 30 July 2014
- News and notes: How many more hoaxes will Wikipedia find?
- Book review: Knowledge or unreality?
- Wikimedia in education: Success in Egypt and the Arab world
- Featured content: Skeletons and Skeltons
- Traffic report: Doom and gloom vs. the power of Reddit
The Signpost: 06 August 2014
- Wikimedia in education: Leading universities educate with Wikipedia in Mexico
- News and notes: "History is a human right"—first-ever transparency report released as Europe begins hiding Wikipedia in search results
- Traffic report: Ebola drives reader interest
- Featured content: Bottoms, asses, and the fairies that love them
- Technology report: A technologist's Wikimania preview
WikiProject Good articles Future GAN Backlog Drive
Hello everyone! Hope you've all been having a great summer!
TheQ Editor recently proposed the idea of having another Backlog Drive in either September/October or November/December of this year. For those of you who have participated in the past two drives you know I was the one who organized them, however, come September, this will be my most important year in school so I will not be able to coordinate this drive (if it happens). TheQ Editor has volunteered to be a coordinator for the drive. If any of you would like to co-coordinator, please notify TheQ Editor on his talk page.
If you would be interested in participating in a Backlog Drive sometime before the end of this year, please notify TheQ Editor. Also, make sure to specify what month(s) work best for you.
At the time this message was sent out, the backlog was at 520 nominations. Since May, the backlog has been steadily increasing and we are currently near an all time high. Even though the backlog will not disappear over one drive, this drive can lead to several others which will (hopefully) lead to the day where there is no longer a backlog.
As always, the more participants, the better, and everyone is encouraged to participate!
The Signpost: 13 August 2014
- Wikimania: Promised the moon, settled for the stars
- Special report: Twitter bots catalogue government edits to Wikipedia
- News and notes: Media Viewer controversy spreads to German Wikipedia
- Wikimedia in education: Global Education—WMF's Perspective
- In the media: Monkey selfie, net neutrality, and hoaxes
- Featured content: Cambridge got a lot of attention this week
- Traffic report: Disease, decimation and distraction
GOCE July drive and August blitz
|Guild of Copy Editors July 2014 backlog elimination drive wrap-up
Participation: Thanks to everyone who participated in the July drive. Of the 40 people who signed up this drive, 22 copy edited at least one article. Final results, including barnstars awarded, are available here.
Progress report: We reduced our article backlog from 2400 articles to 2199 articles in July. This is a new month-end record low for the backlog. Nice work, everyone!
Blitz: The August blitz will run from August 24–30. The blitz will focus on articles from the GOCE's Requests page. Awards will be given out to everyone who copy edits at least one of the target articles. The blitz will run from August 24–30. Sign up here!
Cheers from your GOCE coordinators, , and .