User talk:Mikael Häggström
|2007, 2008-2013, 2014|
- 1 Thank you for being one of Wikipedia's top medical contributors!
- 2 Category:Vital articles
- 3 Journal
- 4 Steroidogenesis diagram popular at Adrenal conference.
- 5 Talkback
- 6 Symptoms diagram
- 7 Help write something?
- 8 New numbers
- 9 Medical Translation Newsletter Aug./Sept. 2014
- 10 Wikipedia accountancy listed at Redirects for discussion
- 11 Unclear why this edit
- 12 Signs and symptoms of hypothyroidism
- 13 source of pic
- 14 LINK COLOURS
- 15 drug side effects
- 16 Down-turned mouth listed at Redirects for discussion
- 17 Velo- listed at Redirects for discussion
Thank you for being one of Wikipedia's top medical contributors!
- please help translate this message into the local language
|The Cure Award|
|In 2013 you were one of the top 300 medical editors across any language of Wikipedia. Thank you so much for helping bring free, complete, accurate, up-to-date medical information to the public. We really appreciate you and the vital work you do!|
We are wondering about the educational background of our top medical editors. Would you please complete a quick 5-question survey? (please only fill this out if you received the award)
- Thank you for the honor I've completed the linked survey. Mikael Häggström (talk) 05:00, 5 May 2014 (UTC)
Category:Vital articles, which you created, has been nominated for possible deletion, merging, or renaming. If you would like to participate in the discussion, you are invited to add your comments at the category's entry on the Categories for discussion page. Thank you. עוד מישהו Od Mishehu 12:35, 26 June 2014 (UTC)
- Good idea. I've given my support to the renaming at its discussion page. Mikael Häggström (talk) 16:07, 26 June 2014 (UTC)
Steroidogenesis diagram popular at Adrenal conference.
- It's nice to hear that they found it accurate enough to use Mikael Häggström (talk) 04:40, 24 July 2014 (UTC)
Indeed! I like your Wikiversity citation suggestion. That certainly makes citations fit into the standard citation model more conveniently. And wait, we now have templates for smileys? How droll !
- It's the most useful template in entire Wikipedia in my opinion Anyhow, I'm currently using my own gallery as a pilot project to assign one doi code for multiple images. I'll let you know if it works out, because I think it can be used for several other medical images in your gallery as well. After all, people should not always use images from Wikipedia, but when they do, they should at least have a proper citation format. Mikael Häggström (talk) 19:25, 24 July 2014 (UTC)
- Done. Thanks for the reference! I hope you find it fitting in the Ebola article. Mikael Häggström (talk) 20:09, 2 August 2014 (UTC)
Help write something?
- It is a pleasure to finally see an article about something In the Something (disambiguation) I found the Existential quantification article which I thought deserved mentioning in the Something (concept) article, although frankly I found it a bit too complex to fully understand. Mikael Häggström (talk) 08:00, 27 August 2014 (UTC)
Hi Mikael, sorry new numbers. Could you update please. You are welcome to email the original file and i will assist firstname.lastname@example.org. greetings Brian BrianGroen (talk) 18:17, 19 September 2014 (UTC)
- I appreciate some help with the update with such frequent updates. I can do it about twice per week, but if you want it update already now you can access the original file at Commons:File:2014 ebola virus epidemic in West Africa.svg. The steps to make an update are as follows:
- Download the file
- Open it in a vector graphics editor. If you use Inkscape, it goes as follows:
- Open the file and double-click on the numbers to be change to edit them.
- Click the File menu, then Export bitmap. I use "Export area:Page" and "pixels at 300dpi"
- Click the upload page: , and upload the new image.
- Preferably, also update the Commons:File:2014 ebola virus epidemic in West Africa.svg version as well.
- I added this description to File:2014 Ebola virus epidemic in West Africa.png as well. Mikael Häggström (talk) 18:45, 19 September 2014 (UTC)
::: Thanks Mikael, sorry recieved 17 sept numbers today.. Will assist in future.. Kind regards BrianGroen (talk) 10:12, 20 September 2014 (UTC)
Medical Translation Newsletter Aug./Sept. 2014
Medical Translation Newsletter
Issue 2, Aug./Sept. 2014
Wikipedia accountancy listed at Redirects for discussion
An editor has asked for a discussion to address the redirect Wikipedia accountancy. Since you had some involvement with the Wikipedia accountancy redirect, you might want to participate in the redirect discussion if you have not already done so. John Vandenberg (chat) 06:08, 10 October 2014 (UTC)
Unclear why this edit
Signs and symptoms of hypothyroidism
Dude, sortness of breath?
Hi, Here is a translations into French of http://commons.wikimedia.org/wiki/File:Health_effects_of_pollution.svg
by Christophe Catarina in cc-by-sa http://commons.wikimedia.org/wiki/File:EffetsDeLaPollutionSurLaSante.svg
Could you have it checked please ? I was only the uploader : the translations are not mine.
- Good work! I aligned one text box. Otherwise the layout looks ok. I don't know French, however, so I can't tell if that part is correct. Mikael Häggström (talk) 17:49, 24 October 2014 (UTC)
source of pic
i like ur pictures especially those with signs and symptomes of disease
can u give me the source from where u get the pictures or can i see them all? thank u
- Sure The "source" page is located at: Commons:Template:Human body diagrams
- A collection of such images is located at: User:Mikael_Häggström/Gallery#Human_body_diagrams
- Mikael Häggström (talk) 18:56, 24 October 2014 (UTC)
Hey mate I came across your page regarding link colours and was wondering if you knew how to turn colours off completely. I don't really like and want it to stay blue, wondering how to stop it? Any help would be appreciated, if you've got the time?? :-)
- You can always copy-paste all the text of an article into a Notepad document if you don't want any formatting of the text. Mikael Häggström (talk) 17:59, 27 November 2014 (UTC)
drug side effects
- Thank you There are no pictures of side effects of any antihypertensive so far in this collection. You can easily make a couple yourself with for example Inkscape. There's a description of how to do it at Commons:Template:Human body diagrams. Mikael Häggström (talk) 19:51, 22 December 2014 (UTC)
Down-turned mouth listed at Redirects for discussion
An editor has asked for a discussion to address the redirect Down-turned mouth. Since you had some involvement with the Down-turned mouth redirect, you might want to participate in the redirect discussion if you have not already done so. Mr. Guye (talk) 00:16, 18 February 2015 (UTC)
Velo- listed at Redirects for discussion
An editor has asked for a discussion to address the redirect Velo-. Since you had some involvement with the Velo- redirect, you might want to participate in the redirect discussion if you have not already done so. Mr. Guye (talk) 00:20, 18 February 2015 (UTC)