- 1 Mandali Mendrilla
- 2 I have unreviewed a page you curated
- 3 equations
- 4 my questions
- 5 "equations & corrections"
- 6 response
- 7 it does not work!
- 8 good!
- 9 Would my philosophical finding that ' faculty of reason' indeed is an internal sense organ deserves a Wiki page ?
- 10 New Article Submitted for Review : Need your inputs
- 11 pre-xmas wish
- 12 A barnstar for you!
- 13 thank you: grasias
- 14 Thanks a lot ! I shall start a discussion at 'talk-reason' , as you suggested soon ! Warm regards/Abraham
- 15 thank you
- 16 Seasonal Greets!
Hi, my article https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/User:Madhu_Gopal/sandbox was not allowed, because he said Mandali Mendrilla was not notable, and I had not enough references. Off course Mandali Mendrilla is notable, she won tons of prices fro her Fashion designs, in Italy and Croatia, and I had many references. Can you please help me to get the article submitted, improve the article, or whatever needs to be done. Thanks Madhu Gopal (talk) 12:51, 12 November 2014 (UTC)
- @Madhu Gopal: Hi Madhu Gopal! I read the reason why User:The Herald declined your article, and it seems that the problem is not there aren't enough sources, but that the sources you listed are not all considered reliable. Also, some of the sources you put in the article did not come after information which it supports. This means that the source do not actually say what you claim it says. For instance, for the sentence "In the USA, Mandali collaborated with late husband and artist Elisha 'Nitai' Drury in Black Rock City, Burning Man." you cited the http://burncast.blogspot.nl/2012/12/rip-nitai-das-found-of-krishna-camp-at.html source. However, this source does not say anything Mendrilla working with Drury, or even them being married. Did I explain this clearly enough? Thanks! ~ Anastasia [Missionedit] (talk) 16:33, 12 November 2014 (UTC)
- @Missionedit:Hi Missionedit, thanks for helping me. Yes it becomes clearer, yet in this example the article carries a picture where it says: http://burncast.blogspot.nl/2012/12/rip-nitai-das-found-of-krishna-camp-at.html : "Nitai's wife Mandali carries his photo"
However, it does not specifically say she worked with him, but that seems self-evident from the caption of the picture. It seems to me like splitting hairs... Do you have any more examples/feedback. I really need your help with this as I am still confused how to improve it. Madhu Gopal (talk) 11:58, 13 November 2014 (UTC)
- @Missionedit:In the mean time I did update it. What do you think? Any suggestions? It seems it is still a little shaky... https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Draft:Mandali_Mendrilla#Career Madhu Gopal (talk) 13:29, 13 November 2014 (UTC)
- @Missionedit:Okay that was a good tip. and I changed it. Anything else I need to do to make it eligible for another submission, or is it good to go? Madhu Gopal (talk) 14:02, 21 November 2014 (UTC)
- @Madhu Gopal: Sorry, to clarify, I meant that you can just call her by her last name, Mendrilla, and you don't have to use her full name (Mandali Mendrilla) throughout the article. I fixed it so you can see what I mean :) The writing style in the article could still use a little work, with some parts sounding a quite informal and there are a few grammar issues. Just so you know, you don't need to ping someone on their own talkpage, since they are automatically notified :) ~ Anastasia [Missionedit] (talk) 14:54, 21 November 2014 (UTC)
I have unreviewed a page you curated
Hi, I'm Yellow Dingo. I wanted to let you know that I saw the page you reviewed, Bermuda Militia Infantry, and have un-reviewed it again. If you have any questions, please ask them on my talk page. Thank you. Yellow Dingo (talk) 06:43, 23 November 2014 (UTC)
my name is cyrus gabriel robati. i wonder if your wikipedia allows new equations -- mathematics/physics -- in its related pages₡. thank you.
- Hello, Cyrus! I am not very experienced in mathematics or physics, so would suggest you ask someone like User:Andrewa or User:Vaughan Pratt who knows more about these things. Just so you know, when you write anything on a talk page, you should type 4 tides (~~~~) at the end. This will leave your username and the date. Thanks! ~ Anastasia [Missionedit] (talk) 17:05, 24 November 2014 (UTC)
thank you. i am just new here and frankly i have found it tougher than einstein's equations! anyway, i am learning how to communicate here with various people. thank you again. 17:10, 24 November 2014 (UTC)
the tough part of it is 'how to talk back'. so i hope the editors you mentioned could contact me first and then i can talk back ... thank you 17:12, 24 November 2014 (UTC)
- @Cyrusrobati: If you contact either of the I editors mentioned on their respective talk pages, they should respond to you in a day or so. Otherwise they may not know to contact you :)~ Anastasia [Missionedit] (talk) 17:33, 24 November 2014 (UTC)
Yes. I will communicate and see. Thank you for your cooperation. ("Cyrusrobati" 17:36, 24 November 2014 (UTC))
greetings to you
i just did ask two questions with regard to my equations & corrections to pages ... i just posted my question to the teahouse host. i hope i will get a reply. well, still getting used to this wikipedia. cyrus. ("Cyrusrobati" 18:55, 25 November 2014 (UTC))
"equations & corrections"
i did contact this teahouse before and frankly, they are just a bunch of amateurs -- with the exception of you, of course -- and i did even post my question a couple of times. i believe the best way for me is to communicate directly with another wikipedia id. i wonder if you have any reliable id with whom i could contact. what about the administrator? thank you again. ("Cyrusrobati" 16:49, 27 November 2014 (UTC)) — Preceding unsigned comment added by Cyrusrobati (talk • contribs)
- @Cyrusrobati: Many of the editors who answer questions at the Teahouse are administrators, and all of them are experienced editors. I would suggest you at least try asking your question there, at Wikipedia:Teahouse/Questions. Make sure to save the page when you're done so the question doesn't get lost. I think this must be what happened last time, because I can't seem to find any record of you asking a question there. You can also try the Wikipedia:Help desk, which has been around a lot longer than the Teahouse. If you're looking for an admin to ask, I guess you can try User:Ancheta Wis.
- Also, when you reply to me, you don't have to create a new heading unless you're talking about something else. Just scroll to the heading which already exists (in this case, "equations & corrections"), and click the little edit button next to it. This will ensure that you only edit that section. ~ Anastasia [Missionedit] (talk) 00:15, 28 November 2014 (UTC)
- @Cyrusrobati: OK, sorry, to clarify: To ask a question at Wikipedia:Teahouse/Questions, first go to the page. Then click the blue "Ask a question" button. Write your question in the box that pops up, and sign it with 4 tides (~~~~) at the end. Without the tides, it will not work. When you're done that, click the "Ask my question" button in the bottom right-hand corner of the box. This will save your question. ~ Anastasia [Missionedit] (talk) 16:02, 28 November 2014 (UTC)
it does not work!
I posted my question: 'i do have new equations in mathematics as well as some 'corrections' to be made in wikipedia pages with regard to mathematics and physics. how can i do it?("Cyrusrobati" 17:09, 1 December 2014 (UTC))'
but it did not work because "Ask my question" button in the bottom right-hand corner of the box is 'blocked' -- 'i cannot click on it'. why don't you please at least ask one of these members at the tea house about my question? thank you again.("Cyrusrobati" 17:09, 1 December 2014 (UTC)) — Preceding unsigned comment added by Cyrusrobati (talk • contribs)
- @Cyrusrobati: Alright, I'll ask it for you then if that's easier. ~ Anastasia [Missionedit] (talk) 03:03, 2 December 2014 (UTC)
Well -- thanks to you -- cullen 328 finally answered my question ... thank you so much for your patience and cooperation.("Cyrusrobati" 20:19, 2 December 2014 (UTC)) — Preceding unsigned comment added by Cyrusrobati (talk • contribs)
Would my philosophical finding that ' faculty of reason' indeed is an internal sense organ deserves a Wiki page ?
Hi Thanks for attending to my talk initiative and profile !
My created profile itself was my message for you, seeking kind answer..Will you help me with a practical answer? It is about my original philosophical finding that Human faculty of Reason, indeed work like an internal sense organ, exactly the way our external sense organs like eye and ears work. faculty of reason too help us to sense another existential category, logical order/consistency pr unity, like the categories of sight and sound that eye and ear provide.
My Google blog link: http://philosopherskorner.blogspot.in/ explains my finding in detail. Regarding wiki's NOTABILITY criterion, this paper is has already been peer-reviewed by an on line Journal " advances in psychology', and it will appear this month on-line, alive. I know, my self-published book on the subject at Amazon.com may not come under the NOTABILITY criteria ( Book name ' is reason a sense organ? A super-mind above the known mind?, Google searchable by title )
This finding, no doubt, will add much value to the philosophy of mind field, as there was no notable innovation here for many centuries ! But, for the world to notice my finding and to be of use to the world, it needs some reliable exposure, like an entry in Wikipedia for a start !
Do you think, my above finding deserve a page in Wiki ?
Kindly give me a practical answer..
Abraham J. Palakudy firstname.lastname@example.org
- Hello, Abraham! I've taken a look at your your findings, and they seem interesting. However, you must consider that Wikipedia is not a place to publish original research so that it gains recognition. Rather, it is an encyclopedia which covers topics that are already well-known and verifiable. Some pages to read which explain this are Wikipedia:What Wikipedia is not and Wikipedia:No original research. I'm glad you've taken notability into question; if you can find a substantial amount of reliable sources which talk about your findings (that you have not written/published yourself), it may meet the notability guideline for an article. Please remember to log in to Wikipedia before editing, this prevents confusion. Just so you know, when you post anything on a talk page, you should type 4 tildes (~~~~) at the end. This will produce your username and the date. ~ Anastasia [Missionedit] (talk) 16:46, 10 December 2014 (UTC)
New Article Submitted for Review : Need your inputs
Hi. I am recently submitted Draft:Ed DeCosta for review. I sought advise from the hosts on Wikipedia:Teahouse/Guests/Left column and was given some very helpful advise. I continually improved the articles content in respect to NPOV and proper source referencing. I was hoping to request for your feedback on how else I can improve the article to pass the wiki standards for approval. Thank you in advance.Pmanz2014 (talk) 01:42, 14 December 2014 (UTC)
- Oh, lovely (and one of my favorite passages in the KJV, too). Thanks very much, and merry Christmas to you, too...and happy editing, of course! --Ser Amantio di NicolaoChe dicono a Signa?Lo dicono a Signa. 00:28, 15 December 2014 (UTC)
A barnstar for you!
|The Special Barnstar|
Thank you for thinking of me at this time of the year.
We must have been in touch before but I cannot recall the subject. Perhaps you can enlighten me?
All the best!
— | Gareth Griffith-Jones |The WelshBuzzard| — 09:55, 15 December 2014 (UTC)
thank you: grasias
thank you. it is very beautiful wish. by the way, i have set up a 'serious'physics group on facebook. it is professional and many from various backgrounds and countries have joined too though mostly are ladies. here some of my old and new theories -- in mathematics and physics -- are being posted too. i wonder if you or your colleagues or friends -- those with bsc, msc or phd -- can join this physics group called 'the extended relativity theory': a title after my 30-year-old papers on quantum mechanics and relativity. so i wonder if you could gather some 'bees' -- as i usually use this term for crowds -- and just ask them if they could send requests to https://www.facebook.com/cyrus.gabrielrobati and then i will add them to the group. thank you so much.("Cyrusrobati" 12:22, 15 December 2014 (UTC)) — Preceding unsigned comment added by Cyrusrobati (talk • contribs)
- @Cyrusrobati: Hmmm...I don't have a facebook :) Please remember to sign all your posts with 4 tides (~~~~). ~ Anastasia [Missionedit] (talk) 16:15, 15 December 2014 (UTC)
Thanks a lot ! I shall start a discussion at 'talk-reason' , as you suggested soon ! Warm regards/Abraham
Thanks a lot ! I shall start a discussion at 'talk-reason' , as you suggested soon ! Warm regards/Abraham
it does not matter ... you may just ask the ladies and gents whom you know or anyone interested in physics anywhere, any site, and all that.("Cyrusrobati" 10:35, 16 December 2014 (UTC)) — Preceding unsigned comment added by Cyrusrobati (talk • contribs)
|Merry Christmas and a Prosperous 2015 !!!|
Hello Missionedit, May you be surrounded by peace, success and happiness on this seasonal occasion. Spread the WikiLove by wishing another user a Merry Christmas and a Happy New Year, whether it be someone you have had disagreements with in the past, a good friend, or just some random person. Sending you a heartfelt and warm greetings for Christmas and New year 2015.