- Please post new comments beneath those already posted by editing this page.
- If you leave me a message here, I will reply here. If I leave a message on your page, feel free to reply either on your page or on my page.
- Please don't mind if I refactor the page for organization.
- Please reserve e-mail for conversations which must be kept private, or if you cannot communicate via my talkpage (i.e. you've been blocked).
is currently on a deadline and is going to try
and not be distracted by Wikipedia. Historically this has only ever been marginally successful.
The Signpost: 27 May 2013
The Signpost: 05 June 2013
You're an admin? Why didn't you delete the hoax article Mario Kart U? The article was a direct copy of Mario Kart 7 but with false release dates. The game hasn't been unveiled yet! The article's been changed to a redirect now, but if you have a genuine reason that article should stay, please elaborate. Thanks, DarkToonLink (talk) 22:37, 7 June 2013 (UTC)
- Yes, I have the sysop tools. I did not delete Mario Kart U because CSD G3 is only for blatant hoaxes. An important fact to remember that not being unveiled does not automatically mean it's a hoax. It simply means that it either does not meet verifiable or WP:FUTURE. The article may have been a hoax article, but not a blatant one. For articles where you contest the accuracy or reliability, you must take those to another venue such as WP:AFD. When you talk about "genuine" you make the assumption that my initial reasons were not. I responded to your request for G3 and declined it not because I did not necessarily think it was a hoax, or should be redirected, or that there was more custodial work to be done, but merely that your request did not meet the criteria. Plain and simple. If you wanted additional help fixing the article or assistance in submitting it for AFD, I would have been more than inclined to assist you, but you only requested a G3 speedy deletion which could not be applied after review. Please familiarize yourself with the speedy deletion policy as we are closely governed by it. I have no opinion regarding a redirect but the deletion policy is clear and you would need to take it to AFD for deletion. For example, the article George Colby was deleted today. Despite evidence that it was a hoax, it could not be deleted under the CSD criteria and was taken to AFD where the consensus was that it was a hoax. Thank you, Mkdwtalk 22:49, 7 June 2013 (UTC)
- Sorry, I was trying to suggest that your reasons were genuine and I wanted explanation, as I was going to tag it for Speedy Deletion but noticed it had already been rejected. I just became a bit flustered because the article was getting some traffic and was potentially misleading many readers. I thought it qualified as a blatant hoax because it seemed obviously made up, and the page should be taken down as soon as possible. In the end I just restored it to its previous redirect state, and it's probably best to stay like that. Thanks for explaining the proper procedures, I'll be sure to act in a better manner next time, I just got a bit flustered because it was my first time trying to deal with something like this. Thanks for your understanding, DarkToonLink (talk) 05:02, 8 June 2013 (UTC)
||The Original Barnstar
|For your hard work vetting articles for deletion, and for your quick responses for articles nominated for speedy deletion. Delta1989 (talk/contributions) 02:41, 8 June 2013 (UTC)
- Thank you so much Delta1989. Mkdwtalk 02:56, 8 June 2013 (UTC)
Even concentrating on autobiographies, large unwikilinked article and CSDspam seems to have become a full-time job. Someone is doing a through job of rooting out spam user pages too, so then there's the blocking (although thanks to Easyblock, that's quicker than it used to be). It's a hard life... I need to write some content... Jimfbleak - talk to me? 07:00, 8 June 2013 (UTC)
- Never heard of easy block; I'm intrigued. Do you have a quick link to its doc? Mkdwtalk 07:04, 8 June 2013 (UTC)
- The script for the basic model is
- Full details and customisation options here. I haven't tried these. Jimfbleak - talk to me? 10:05, 8 June 2013 (UTC)
Triumphant Institute of Management Education
The page on Triumphant Institute of Management Education was deleted with out any meaningful debate, based on one liners and opinions, not facts. I posted my observations on the page. Will be willing to help out on rewriting the page, confirming to wiki' s guidelines. Request a relook at the deletion. I am not sure how many users who posted on the AfD are Indians but as an Indian and one who has been tracking this company, it deserves a page.— Preceding unsigned comment added by Hairama44 (talk • contribs)
- Hairama44, the article was discussed over a two week period at Wikipedia:Articles for deletion/Triumphant Institute of Management Education (2nd nomination). Despite your criticisms of the arguments, they brought up several valid policy based arguments which is the fundamental practice at WP:AFD. Every article must meet a strict set of criteria and the article Triumphant Institute of Management Education fell short on several points. The most important being that it did not make a credible assertion to notability and it did not have any reliable sources. The other point brought up was that it was overly promotion in nature. Wikipedia is not a business directory to list all the services and features of an organization. I strongly urge you to familiarize yourself with the five pillars of Wikipedia. It is important for every editor to carefully read and understand these rules before they participate in deletion discussions and to criticize the process. The Triumphant Institute of Management Education may be a notable institution, but the way the article was written and worded, and that no sources were used, simply made it not a credible or reliable promo article for which was unsuitable for Wikipedia. If you have any questions, I would recommend you ask the folks over at the WP:TEAHOUSE. Also, please familiarize yourself with how to properly edit a page. When you left your comment you changed several other editor's comments that had to be corrected. You should also sign your name after making a comment on a talk page by using ~~~~. Mkdwtalk 18:55, 8 June 2013 (UTC)
184.108.40.206 (talk · contribs · WHOIS) who you warned earlier has now hopped to 220.127.116.11 (talk · contribs · WHOIS) and is carrying on the same silly edit war. --Biker Biker (talk) 21:08, 8 June 2013 (UTC)
- I only warned them about making disparaging comments and did not block them. If they breach the WP:3RR you should report them at WP:AN3 rather than WP:AIV. Mkdwtalk 21:31, 8 June 2013 (UTC)
- Understood. They can call me a homophopic, racist, anti-semitic, misogonist arsehole for all I care, but calling me American is beyond the pale. Thanks for hopping to my defence :) --Biker Biker (talk) 21:36, 8 June 2013 (UTC)
Hi Mkdw, my reasoning in requesting a speedy deletion of the user page was the combination of user name representing company names and content about the company. I do realize that the user did add some personal content, but if one does a Google search using "Wikipedia:"  on the key terms of the company, the user does come up. I just wanted to let you know that I don't tag a user lightly, for everyone I tag like this, I probably assume good faith on 10 like it.--I am One of Many (talk) 21:46, 8 June 2013 (UTC)
- Hi I am One of Many. Yes I know you often tag for a good reason. I thought in my judgement the user page wasn't overly promotional but the user name is in violation of the user name policy and I have blocked the user until they request a new name. Mkdwtalk 22:03, 8 June 2013 (UTC)
Syler Page Deletion
Artist was just featured in Vibe Magazine and has been nominated at Long Island International Film Expo. If I incorporate these additional references can the page be restored? SylerDurden (talk) 22:46, 9 June 2013 (UTC)
- The requirements for a musician to have their own article is outlined at WP:MUSICBIO. Having coverage in a magazine and receiving a relatively non-notable nomination (not a win) would not likely meet the requirements. The article was deleted after a two week discussion about notability at Wikipedia:Articles for deletion/Syler. Unless you can find significant coverage in multiple independent and reliable sources, I would say that the small change you propose would not be enough. Mkdwtalk 22:57, 9 June 2013 (UTC)
The artist has been featured in The Source, DJBooth.net, AllHipHop, Hip Hop DX, all of which are well known national hip hop publications. Additionally, his latest release is currently number 36 on the college hip hop top 40 via rapattacklives.com An additional 5-6 reliable references (websites that I see referenced in other artist's pages) should suffice. Should it not? SylerDurden (talk) 13:04, 10 June 2013 (UTC)
I have read the page you referred to and am certain the artist meets the necessary requirements. Can the page be retored for editing or does it now have to be created again entirely? It would be nice if notifications were provided to the contributors of the article prior to deletion. SylerDurden (talk) 13:09, 10 June 2013 (UTC)
- You can appeal a delete decision at WP:DRV. Normally it is the standard protocol to notify the article creator in the case of a deletion. It appears the nominator failed to do so. Mkdwtalk 05:49, 11 June 2013 (UTC)
I was hoping to resolve this with you directly if possible. If you could perhaps undelete the page so as to allow me the opportunity to add additional reliable references? I would be very prompt with my edits, and if you still do not believe that the page is warranted, I am more than happy to go through a deletion review. SylerDurden (talk) 12:56, 11 June 2013 (UTC)
Hello I was just following up again on my most recent message. SylerDurden (talk) 13:35, 14 June 2013 (UTC)
- SylerDurden, sorry for some reason Wikipedia didn't notify me that you had written on my talk page. Can I make you the following deal? I will restore the page to an WP:AFC page and you can work on it there with out the risk of deletion. You must also undergo the review process there and if the page is accepted by a reviewer (and the page must be fundamentally different than the version deleted). Please note that your request for me to overturn my decision is not like a court ruling where it is based upon my opinion. The consensus at the AFD was clear and I do not have the authority to mandate an outcome that is against the discussion. If you're willing to go through the AFC process with your article I will undelete it to that space. Otherwise you will need to go to DRV. Mkdwtalk 20:58, 14 June 2013 (UTC)
That sounds perfect to me, I am happy to go through the AFC review process again. Please let me know when I can begin my edits. Thanks again. SylerDurden (talk) 19:21, 16 June 2013 (UTC)
- A copy has been emailed to you. Mkdwtalk 00:29, 17 June 2013 (UTC)
I have remove several questions about obvious attempts by companies to promote their products or clients. Please see WP:ADVERT. I cannot "approve" your attempts to market your interests so please do not invest your time in doing so. If you would like to make a genuine request for a non-promotional article, I would recommend you avoid a conflict of interest in writing a neutral article and request one be written at WP:REQUEST. Mkdwtalk 05:49, 11 June 2013 (UTC)
I do regret now the 50 eur donation I have sent Wikipedia a few months ago.18.104.22.168 (talk) 10:44, 12 June 2013 (UTC)
- I am sorry you thought you could buy advertising space on Wikipedia. Please in the future contact the foundation if you have a serious inquiry as it has been explained to you many times that your article was a blatant advertisement and not suitable for inclusion. Mkdwtalk 19:32, 12 June 2013 (UTC)
re the above section
Can you please see Talk:Heritage Grill and Talk:Five Stones Church and have a look at the edit history on those articles.Skookum1 (talk) 05:56, 11 June 2013 (UTC)
- Hi Skookum1. I had a quick look. Looks like a debate about notability on both between three editors. Were you looking for a 4th opinion? Mkdwtalk 06:01, 11 June 2013 (UTC)
- yes, Thincat thinks they're fine, and as per my latest there, just now, it's "strange" why someone in Nova Scotia, who's never been to BC and knows nothing about British Columbia or New Westminster, so thoroughly created these articles from community papers about only these two establishments and is so ardently and petulantly owning them. He's accused me of lying, I've asked him to come clean as to why he's so ferociously defending them and making specious rationalizations; I've stripped "bunk" material from the one article, I'm a busy man and am tiring of this; and smell COI big-time.Skookum1 (talk) 13:02, 11 June 2013 (UTC)
- There are a good forty places on Commercial Drive and environs that are more notable for all the reasons he thinks these are notable....google "Five Stones Church"...other than the highly-placed top-of-the-page Wikipedia article he's put up, all others are by the church. I've lived in New Westminster, and these are mere blips on the civic landscape. Wikipedia should not be a directory of cafes and churches that hold community fundraisers, no? And why is it a Nova Scotian is so interested in these two places, if he doesn't have connection to them, or to someone who does???Skookum1 (talk) 13:04, 11 June 2013 (UTC)
- Sorry for more, my pique ratio goes up with bunk articles; especially about somewhere so important in BC history (former colonial capital and long-time second city in the Lower Mainland as you probably know). So many heritage and notable buildings on Columbia Street alone and two nondescript modern establishments get not just promotional articles but also a fierce defence from someone eight provinces away? here's but one of many pages on New Westminster's heritage available by googling. HOW did he get "news" (advertorial) links from teh New-Leader is not sent them? There's more than casual interest going on here IMO. And he's wanting and AfD....I'm tired of the drama of such things, believe you me I am, and it's like he's baiting me to get his way. WP:HEY may apply here, but I see nothing in the links to suggest anything worthwhile is in them, other than the bit about the art gallery space, which he'd added the category for but no content, and now is inviting me to add that. Yeah, I'd love to do up Holy Trinity Cathedral (New Westminster) and Government House (New Westminster) (that's redirect to a terse section on the New West article) and New Westminster Courthouse (officially the New Westminster Law Courts, though perhaps that first title is better for its Victorian/Edwardian-era predecessor structure), all highly notable and within spitting distance of these two places....it's not just a notability issue, IMO these are spam and by circumstantial evidence alone also "obviously COI.Skookum1 (talk) 13:10, 11 June 2013 (UTC)
- It does seem suspicious but I do not think there is enough proof linking them to the organizations aside from speculation for any sort of administrative recourse. You could try ANI. Mkdwtalk 22:28, 11 June 2013 (UTC)
- He's almost demanding that I take them to an AfD.....I'm tired of procedural bearpits, I have a few CfRs pending as it is....this is more than AfD now, and as you know I rarely launch ANIs, and have been the target of some, and have been threatened with them repeatedly. There seem to be a lot of promotional articles of this kind cf Cafe Coco and Vytopna mentioned in this section or RHaworth's talkpage - Hungry Horse is a chain, which is kinda more OK......as a certain BC editor who recently quit, then came back, commented to me privately via email, "he's tired of the drama that some people seem to love" and this seems to be a case of that, also......I'd rather spend my time, when available, in creating good and needed articles about New Westsminster than having to spend even MORE time with an AfD and monitoring it; he's saying "why haven't you started the AfD yet", like he wants me too. An AfD is gonna involve other teenagers (quite frankly he is, and the admin who blocked me in the "Harper war" during the last election campaign was similarly a teenager with no political acumen at all. In this case, it's a complete lack of proportion...and that little mystery about how he even found out about these places, and the fact that they're neighbours and have done things jointly. I can see major nightclubs and restaurants and most churches of note; but this one is a promotional new-era church bucking for non-profitable status, sounds like. Wikipedia is full of enough garbage as it is; he has yet to reply to my comeback at his complaining about me saying he's lying; I said he's being evasive and not fully honest as to how he found out about these, and why he's so vociferously defending them. Gotta be a connection there somewhere.....as for junk restaurant and bar articles, it's like there's a task force out there somewhere; I'm reviewing the Music venues task force and associated articles today, by the way, as there's very little coverage of them and wondering what the criteria are for inclusion; I was a bit stunned when RAHaworth deleted that redirect I made last night, within 24 hours of posting it for Speedy Deletion or less; he seems very snippy towards people who complain about his deletions; an experienced editor but, hm, even bitey-ier than I can be ;-); he hasn't yet replied to my dress-down about that deletion; (Fort Grahame Waterdrome)....so many unwritten but needed articles (Fort Grahame, the various New West titles I've redlnked, and the needed split of the City article itself) and so much junk and people with "junky logic and junky rationales". Hell, mabye I should start writing spam too ;-0. Neelix has yet to reply to my latest, but it will be "more of teh same" I'm sure, and he won't take my suggestion that he learn about New Westminster and write relevant articles....more and more mature, informed editors are falling silent......gee I wonder why.`Skookum1 (talk) 03:30, 12 June 2013 (UTC)
"Smug" is what I'm getting off his tone now re "I'll wait for the AfD"; I'm being explicity and Perry Mason-like analytical in my responses but I know it weighs against me to people who think long-windedness is "ranting" or "angry"....it's like he's trying to goad me; maybe he was even put up to this by kwami, who likes to do that, who knows....I'm so bored with AfDs, CfRs, and the like.....as you can see from my usercontributions this last few days I'm taking measures to redress the lack of content and poor shape of the New West article and get more on that city in place; an AfD is just a waste of time.......and he knows that. Wikipedia will become a garbage dump of irrelevancy and "I think it's notable" judgments by single authors if this kind of "it's just you and me, take it to an AfD" weasely-ness continues....nothing useful will get written because knowledgeable people will shun the place, or find themselves tangled up in bearpits full of false comparisons and misapplications of rules.....and I know I always take the heat in them, too, for not having "wikiquette".....I don't speak softly and carry a big stick, but I do have a very big stick....called knowledge, and I see no point in speaking softly when somebody is speaking stubbornly and wielding a hot dog....Skookum1 (talk) 16:32, 12 June 2013 (UTC)
- Just to note that there's an AfD now on Christian Life Assembly, which he also created and is similarly defending.Skookum1 (talk) 04:39, 13 June 2013 (UTC)
- Please my comment on that AfD re further implications of COI; I checked the COIN and saw the bit about COI allegations not being used to "trump" an article dispute, so wondering if I should strikethrough my commnents in that regard. His sole authorship of the Tara Teng article, created only March 28, and which is mentioned in the CLA and 5Stones and Heritage Grill article (or was), raises the COI question he denies, but it seems very clear to me. I'm busy trying to earn some money today, don't have time to launch those AfDs but they're clearly needed. Even if a COIN ANI were to proceed, it would have no great effect and just be more hassle yet.Skookum1 (talk) 09:28, 13 June 2013 (UTC)
The Signpost: 12 June 2013
have a nice break, I'm contemplating one, too, just not getting the time to work on articles, so much b.s. to plow through gets distracting. Maybe next day or two, I'm gonna get a certain couple of articles written...as you know I have survival issues going on and if not resolved I'll have to stop anyway once uprooted (sigh).Skookum1 (talk) 07:48, 15 June 2013 (UTC)
The Signpost: 19 June 2013
Page deleted but no reason stated
I recently created a page for my company; however, it was deleted by you with no reason mentioned on the page. See page here: http://en.wikipedia.org/w/index.php?title=Wikipedia_talk:Articles_for_creation/Balloon_27&action=edit&redlink=1
Do you mind letting me know the problem with the page? Sorry I am new at editing wiki, and am having a hard time understanding how submissions work. I requested my page was undeleted and i am hearing back as well. Thank you in advance for any tips or help!
B27 — Preceding unsigned comment added by Byballoon27 (talk • contribs) 07:21, 27 June 2013 (UTC)
- Hi Mkdw. You actually deleted this under G13, but it's not an abandoned draft - it was created the same day you deleted it. G13 only applies if an AFC draft has been left untouched for six months. However, it was a clear copyright violation of this and a number of other articles (all of which look to be based on the same press release), so the deletion was a good call - should have been G12, though! Yunshui 雲水 10:37, 27 June 2013 (UTC)
- Thanks for catching that Yunshui. I had cleared out about 1,500 AFC's tagged that week with G13 but I seemingly missed a few that were incorrectly deleted. My apologies. Mkdwtalk 18:34, 30 June 2013 (UTC)
The Signpost: 26 June 2013
Can you please let me know why you deleted our page?? Thanks!
You deleted the page 19:36, 28 May 2013 Mkdw (talk | contribs) deleted page Wikipedia talk:Articles for creation/Small and Growing Businesses (SGBs) (G12: Unambiguous copyright infringement) because of copyright infringement. Can you please explain? My organization coined the phrase Small and Growing Business (SGBs) (please see our website - http://www.aspeninstitute.org/policy-work/aspen-network-development-entrepreneurs/ande-home/small-growing-businesses-sgbs) so I am not sure how we infringed on copyright by the Wikipedia page. We are trying to create the SGB defn page so we can link to it from our organization wikipedia page (Aspen Network of Development Entrepreneurs)
Thanks for your help!
Sp1newcastle (talk) 17:45, 2 July 2013 (UTC)
- Hi Sp1newcastle. Welcome to Wikipedia. The page was an identical copy of the page on your company's website which does not meet our copyright policies. See WP:COPYVIO. If you do own the copyright to the material, there are various methods in which you can release the copyrighted material for use on Wikipedia, please see WP:DCM. While we're talking about it, Wikipedia is not a place to promote your business and I would discourage you from using Wikipedia in that regard. See our conflict of interest policy and advertising policy. Thank you, Mkdwtalk 00:53, 3 July 2013 (UTC)
Deleted page of a public figure (reasoning G12)
Could you please let me know how I can edit the page I was trying to create, which you deleted, with the reasoning "G12: Unambiguous copyright infringement", so that it can be "Wikipedia material".
The page I had created was about a public figure (reference below), and the information was from a publicly available biography on the person's official website. Should I better reference the source? Is it the person's publications which are missing references? Was there another reason? http://en.wikipedia.org/w/index.php?title=Wikipedia_talk:Articles_for_creation/Henri_Malosse
What is the next step for me to do - should I create a new article, or would you prefer to 'restore' the one I had made and give me some tips on what changes you would like to see, in order to approve it?)
Thanks in advance!
- Hi Mminchev (talk · contribs). I'm currently taking a break from Wikipedia, but if you would like to take a look at WP:COPYVIO and see how and why Wikipedia cannot use copyrighted material, it would be the right place to start. If you need more clarification, we have this really cool IRC chat feature where volunteers will give you advice on how to create a suitable article. Otherwise, you can ask for advice at the help desk: WP:HD. Mkdwtalk 20:53, 9 July 2013 (UTC)
The Signpost: 03 July 2013
The group is still currently working on their debut album however during the process they have released music, tour dates, singles and have been seen performing on various events, talk shows, the radio and are going to perform on Good Morning America the Today show. To me that shows that they have gained lots of notability plus to top all that they've won various awards too! "Miss Movin On" is their first debut single it has been released digitally and will soon be released on iTunes after that I'm pretty sure the single will chart across the world in different countries and if that doesn't explain enough about how notable they are then I must not know what notability is? Welcometothenewmillennium 19:01, 9 July 2013 (UTC)
- Notability is established through our guidelines such as WP:BAND and WP:NSONG. To say "pretty sure the single will chart" is a future prediction. I agree that has a very good chance of doing so, but until then, we would not write an article about it. We have a policy called WP:CRYSTAL that talks about that more in depth. Mkdwtalk 20:48, 9 July 2013 (UTC)
So what's this talk about the universe is inside us? Welcometothenewmillennium 5:01, 10 July 2013 (UTC)
- That is a quote from Neil deGrasse Tyson, an astrophysicist, who makes a comparison between the most common elements found in the universe, and their one to one relationship to the most common elements in the human body. Tyson speaks about it in several prominent lectures but this one is a tidy summary; YouTube clip. Mkdwtalk 20:56, 10 July 2013 (UTC)
Okay so wait how does the act of homosexuality, religion/belief, sex, nature/science, disabilities/diseases (Dyslexia/Apxergers/Cancer/ADHD) and human evolution all play out? I'm just asking you these types of questions because I want to expand my mind and knowledged! Welcometothenewmillennium 10:40, 13 July 2013 (UTC)
- I suggest you read an encyclopedia. I do not have the time to explain all these things to you. Mkdwtalk 08:03, 14 July 2013 (UTC)
The Signpost: 10 July 2013
Their debut single was released today on iTunes  and it's already charting worldwide  — Preceding unsigned comment added by PokerFace3 (talk • contribs)
- Please see Talk:List of The X Factor finalists (U.S. season 2)#Fifth harmony. Mkdwtalk 05:49, 18 July 2013 (UTC)
Yeah but their single has charted they are now touring, released music, singles performed on live national television what more can you ask for? The group just released a single and it is charting now in different countries as we speak! Billboard Hot 100, iTunes, oh my god the freaking single it's charting in Canada, United States, North America, South America, Australia, Brazil all over the world! To add on top of all that they are about to tour with Cher Lloyd? Can someone please tell me why the girls arnt notable enough to hold a stand alone article? There are articles about less notable than Fifth Harmony! If they can't pass WP:BAND then what will make them pass it? Welcometothenewmillennium 20:17 23 July 2013.
- Please see Talk:Fifth Harmony#Edit request on 8 July_2013. Mkdwtalk 21:00, 23 July 2013 (UTC)
The Signpost: 17 July 2013
The Signpost: 24 July 2013
Hi. Can you offer your opinion regarding the Infobox photo discussion here? Thanks. Nightscream (talk) 19:24, 28 July 2013 (UTC)
The Signpost: 31 July 2013
The Signpost: 07 August 2013
Neha Uberoi tennis player
Hello why did you delete the page Neha Uberoi? She is a former professional tennis player and has valid sources to prove so. She is also a notable figure in India, America and South Asian communities worldwide. Kindly recreate for page. http://en.wikipedia.org/w/index.php?title=Neha_Uberoi&action=edit&redlink=1 — Preceding unsigned comment added by Uberoipr (talk • contribs) 17:15, 10 August 2013 (UTC)
- The article was deleted under WP:A7. A credible assertion to notability must be made adhering to WP:ATH. Mkdwtalk 04:52, 11 August 2013 (UTC)
Can you be my new best friend? :D C: JuicyJam (talk) 09:50, 13 August 2013 (UTC)
- I'm not sure about best but I am willing to help you acclimatize to Wikipedia if your sentiment is sincere. Mkdwtalk 19:24, 23 August 2013 (UTC)
The Signpost: 14 August 2013
Please could you explain the reasoning behind deleting the Wintopo page? I thought it was informative rather than unambiguous advertising. What would need to be different/improved for re-inclusion? Can you reinstate or provide me the original text so that I may improve the page to appropriate standard? — Preceding unsigned comment added by NoThoughtPolice (talk • contribs) 09:30, 23 August 2013 (UTC)
- The page was deleted under WP:G11 as described on the page. An article can be both advertising and informative. Those two qualities are not mutually exclusive nor are they the basis for what constitutes what can be included and what cannot on Wikipedia. I recommend you read the following policies at WP:N and WP:RS. I also find that the essay WP:FIRST is very helpful for newcomers and you should probably submit your articles through WP:AFC. Mkdwtalk 19:23, 23 August 2013 (UTC)
The Signpost: 21 August 2013
The Signpost: 28 August 2013
The Signpost: 04 September 2013
The Signpost: 11 September 2013
The Signpost: 18 September 2013
The Signpost: 25 September 2013
Can you upload a cover art for O Lado Certo da Vida Certa
https://itunes.apple.com/us/album/o-lado-certo-da-vida-certa/id709549803 22.214.171.124 (talk) 17:32, 1 October 2013 (UTC)
Cornell University students need your help!
We are two university students who have been assigned to edit an article on wikipedia. The article we chose is Aaron Paul. As part of the assignment, we need to interact with other wikipedia editors. I noticed you posted on his page awhile ago. Would you mind reviewing the page after we edit it and give us some suggestions?
Thanks! FingersInFood (talk) 17:48, 1 October 2013 (UTC)
P.S. can you please reply on my talk page? https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/User_talk:FingersInFood
sent you an email / Lorena Garcia
Just a heads up. thanks!
-Greg — Preceding unsigned comment added by Gbaroth (talk • contribs) 20:47, 1 October 2013 (UTC)
The Signpost: 02 October 2013
Happened to notice this guy vandalized the death penalty page. I checked his user contributions and from what I saw vandalism is all he does. Saw you warned him in the past and wasn't sure what the proper procedure was so I figured I would give you a heads up.Winfredtheforth (talk) 06:59, 9 October 2013 (UTC)
- Indeed. Doesn't seem to have replied or changed their editing habits since their last block. I have given him a week long block for now. Mkdwtalk 21:42, 9 October 2013 (UTC)
The Signpost: 09 October 2013
Hi. Can you offer your opinion on which photo would be better for the Rebecca Housel Infobox in this discussion? If you are unable to, I understand; you don't have to reply to this message. Thanks. Nightscream (talk) 03:36, 17 October 2013 (UTC)
The Signpost: 16 October 2013
To anyone passing by and has thought, "wow... Mkdw must be on one heck of a deadline if it's still going on after 4th months!" I have finished the project I was working on, am midway through another that overlapped, and this week I found out I will be moving to a new city. I am extremely excited for this brand new opportunity and big step but sadly means I will need to extend my leave of absence a little bit longer. Regards, Mkdwtalk 18:48, 22 October 2013 (UTC)
The Signpost: 23 October 2013
Books and Bytes: The Wikipedia Library Newsletter
Books and Bytes
Volume 1, Issue 1, October 2013
by The Interior (talk · contribs), Ocaasi (talk · contribs)
Greetings Wikipedia Library members! Welcome to the inaugural edition of Books and Bytes, TWL’s monthly newsletter. We're sending you the first edition of this opt-in newsletter, because you signed up, or applied for a free research account: HighBeam, Credo, Questia, JSTOR, or Cochrane. To receive future updates of Books and Bytes, please add your name to the subscriber's list. There's lots of news this month for the Wikipedia Library, including new accounts, upcoming events, and new ways to get involved...
New positions: Sign up to be a Wikipedia Visiting Scholar, or a Volunteer Wikipedia Librarian
Wikipedia Loves Libraries: Off to a roaring start this fall in the United States: 29 events are planned or have been hosted.
New subscription donations: Cochrane round 2; HighBeam round 8; Questia round 4... Can we partner with NY Times and Lexis-Nexis??
New ideas: OCLC innovations in the works; VisualEditor Reference Dialog Workshop; a photo contest idea emerges
News from the library world: Wikipedian joins the National Archives full time; the Getty Museum releases 4,500 images; CERN goes CC-BY
Announcing WikiProject Open: WikiProject Open kicked off in October, with several brainstorming and co-working sessions
New ways to get involved: Visiting scholar requirements; subject guides; room for library expansion and exploration
Read the full newsletter
Thanks for reading! All future newsletters will be opt-in only. Have an item for the next issue? Leave a note for the editor on the Suggestions page. --The Interior 21:00, 27 October 2013 (UTC)
The Signpost: 30 October 2013
The Signpost: 06 November 2013
The Signpost: 13 November 2013
The Signpost: 20 November 2013
I see you protected his bio. You might want to protect some other related pages as well. For example, Fast & Furious 7 is being vandalized repeatedly by ip's... - theWOLFchild 04:46, 1 December 2013 (UTC)
- Done but only for 3 hours since it wasn't very severe. Mkdwtalk 05:04, 1 December 2013 (UTC)
- Can you please reprotect F&F7, it's just a constant source of people making stuff up. "It's his last film" even though he has others in post production, "he will appear in a small role because he died" when we have no idea where or what is happening with filming. Darkwarriorblake (talk) 12:05, 1 December 2013 (UTC)
- Done Mkdwtalk 17:43, 1 December 2013 (UTC)
Hello mkdw, how can i make money on wikipedia..please do reply me — Preceding unsigned comment added by 126.96.36.199 (talk) 06:50, 1 December 2013 (UTC)
- You do not and please stop vandalizing Wikipedia. Thank you. Mkdwtalk 17:42, 1 December 2013 (UTC)
WikiProject AFC is holding a two month long Backlog Elimination Drive!
The goal of this drive is to eliminate the backlog of unreviewed articles. The drive is running from December 1st, 2013 – January 31st, 2014.
Awards will be given out for all reviewers participating in the drive in the form of barnstars at the end of the drive.
There is a backlog of over 2000 articles, so start reviewing articles! Visit the drive's page and help out!
A new version of our AfC helper script
is released! It includes many bug fixes, new improvements and features, code enhancements, and more. If you want to see a full list of changes, visit the changelog
. Please report bugs and feature requests there, too! Thanks. Northamerica1000(talk)
05:55, 2 December 2013 (UTC)
The Signpost: 04 December 2013
The Wikipedia Library Survey
As a subscriber to one of The Wikipedia Library's programs, we'd like to hear your thoughts about future donations and project activities in this brief survey. Thanks and cheers, Ocaasi t | c 15:23, 9 December 2013 (UTC)
The Signpost: 11 December 2013