- Please post new comments beneath those already posted by editing this page.
- If you leave me a message here, I will reply here. If I leave a message on your page, feel free to reply either on your page or on my page.
- Please don't mind if I refactor the page for organization.
- Please reserve e-mail for conversations which must be kept private, or if you cannot communicate via my talkpage (i.e. you've been blocked).
The Signpost: 06 August 2014
Hi Mkdw. Thank you for your work on patrolling new pages and tagging for speedy deletion. I'm just letting you know that I declined your deletion request for Zodiac Seats UK, a page that you tagged for speedy deletion, because the criterion you used or the reason you gave does not cover this kind of page. (straight from my edit summary) unencyclopedicly written, but not advertising, there is an indication of notability (albeit a florid one - supplying BA) and appears to be independently referenced so does not qualify - use AfD/prod (non-admin removal) Please take a moment to look at the suggested tasks for patrollers and review the criteria for speedy deletion. Particularly, the section covering non-criteria. Such pages are best tagged with proposed deletion or proposed deletion for biographies of living persons, or sent to the appropriate deletion discussion. Thanks! Launchballer 17:32, 13 August 2014 (UTC)
- Launchballer I disagree but I may take this to AFD. For example, the "cited" sentence:
In December 2000, the new seating business launched at a new facility in Cwmbran, South Wales under the banner Britax Aircraft Seating. They also invested in a new short-run facility at the Camberley HQ. This enabled the development of the fore-aft seat for British Airways business class in the same year, and in 2004 the development of the premium mini-suite for both Emirates and Air France.
- Additionally, I would like to provide you with the advice to not template the regulars. Templates are specifically designed to educate new users who are unfamiliar with the processes and practices here at the English Wikipedia. When you leave a template message to an established editor to inform them to "please take a moment to look at the suggested tasks for patrollers and review the criteria for speedy deletion" it may be construed as both inappropriate and insulting, especially in this case, where I am very familiar with the guidelines, spend a considerable amount of time in deletion, and have simply taken a different interpretation on the matter than you. Mkdwtalk 20:59, 13 August 2014 (UTC)
- I must admit I thought I had put down a different template, there's one that reads "Hello, I am letting you know that I declined your CSD tag" that is far briefer. Please read my message as that.
- In any event, I do apologise profusely because I didn't realise you was an administrator until the user below asked you to perform an administrative task.--Launchballer 21:21, 13 August 2014 (UTC)
Hi. You blocked Bellevue Education (talk · contribs) for username violation. They had already requested renaming of the account, in accordance with the suggestion in the Username COI notice which I had placed on their talk page. The account has been renamed by another admin. I feel that in the circumstances it would be appropriate for you to unblock - they are now Nikki at Blvue (talk · contribs). DuncanHill (talk) 18:31, 13 August 2014 (UTC)
- Replied at Wikipedia:Administrators' noticeboard/Incidents#Obvious_COI_editor. I wasn't aware the name change had been requested and therefore should not undergo a block. Regards, Mkdwtalk 21:03, 13 August 2014 (UTC)
The Signpost: 13 August 2014
There is currently a discussion, you might be interested in, https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Wikipedia_talk:Record_charts#Inclusion_of_Amazon.2C_Spotify.2C_iTunes.2C_Beatport_under_digital_charts Thanks. prokaryotes (talk) 18:08, 18 August 2014 (UTC)