User talk:MrMoustacheMM/Archive 2
- 1 KMFDM#Touring and fanbase
- 2 Notification of AfD discussion
- 3 Watershed
- 4 Move of Naïve/The Days of Swine & Roses
- 5 Blackwater Park
- 6 My Arms, Your Hearse
- 7 Note
- 8 Rusted Angel
- 9 My Chemical Romance
- 10 Devin Townsend Project
- 11 Morningrise
- 12 Non-breaking spaces before dashes
- 13 Crystal
- 14 Dab page format
- 15 Quick Apology
- 16 Cooked on Phonics
- 17 Barelinks tag
- 18 Heritage Credits
- 19 Re: Deconstruction (The Devin Townsend Project album)
- 20 Redickulous album cover FUR
- 21 Help request
- 22 Review request
- 23 Disambiguation link notification
- 24 25 January 2012
- 25 Metal Evolution
- 26 Re: Defeated Sanity
- 27 October Tide
- 28 The edits to my essay
- 29 Edit warring vs vandalism on KMFDM
- 30 New Engel Album
Do you think you wanna tackle fixing that section up with better refs? I think you know more about it than me, since you've been around UHB longer and more consistently than I have, and I think you've perhaps participated in some of the Horde stuff. I think I've got most of the rest of the article in a much better condition with regard to citations, but I'm not sure what to do with that section, and it's a bit of a mess right now. —Torchiest talkedits 21:54, 4 April 2011 (UTC)
Notification of AfD discussion
Another user has created a bundle AfD nomination at Wikipedia:Articles for deletion/The Codex Necro. This nomination includes 6 other related articles, and in going through page histories to notify the respective article creators, I noticed you edited most, if not all of them. Please weigh in if you can. —KuyaBriBriTalk 14:13, 10 May 2011 (UTC)
I think that's only thing that needs redundancy because Mike did not write all the songs it also needs to be a little more clear as to who wrote what songs instead of just saying all other songs because it causes a little confusion as to who wrote the songs when it says akesson wrote part of the songs as to why he didn't write the others so it can fully state that Mike wrote the songs solely . As for the note thing, I don't know if you saw what I typed in the edit summary but that note is not part of the title. It makes it seem like the songs name is "The Lotus Eater (Misspelled in the us...)".Mtlv0 (talk) 23:30, 11 May 2011 (UTC)
Well you did understand me right, I was just lazy with punctuation etc. I know that you mention on top that all music is written by mike except where noted but I find that statement, something that should not be type because it's either he wrote all songs or not so if it's not then the exact writing credits should be listed but this is a complaint for the track listing template to rectified. As for the lotus eater title, although most will get that the title is not "The Lotus Eater (Misspelled as...)", you will see for other songs, brackets are used (to identify within song) that it is used as a subtile to the name of the song. Songs like "Terminus (Where Death is Most Alive)" from Fiction by Dark Tranquillity or "A Paler Shade of White (A Darker Side of Black)" from He Who Shall Not Bleed by Dimension Zero have these brackets so if you are going to keep the description maybe change it to quotations but it should be removed in total and placed somewhere else on the page. Plus you don't see a lot of pages typed like that with such a long note type on side because I can endless amouNt of info on the side of song like that it has a music video or that it is a single etc.Mtlv0 (talk) 00:55, 12 May 2011 (UTC)
now that you have merged the tracks, I'd like to point out something I've discussed with Backtable. What you have merged here now is the Italian track listing, so should you still list as special edition??? Should the writers column come back? cause Trower and Fredriksson aren't listed. lastly if you were to put the total length in the tracklist edit it would separate the original track listing from the special edition so that means shouldn't all other pages have reissue, special edition etc, separated? what do you think bout the track listing for Metallica (album).Mtlv0 (talk) 23:34, 29 May 2011 (UTC)
Move of Naïve/The Days of Swine & Roses
- Actually it looks like the article was not moved, just the talk page which was moved back. If I'm missing something, let me know. Vegaswikian (talk) 05:11, 18 May 2011 (UTC)
How come freecovers.net is not good? as for credits I feel as there are no need have guitar, acoustic guitar when guitar covers everything. I also don't like in the credits the redundancy opeth this and opeth that, opeth members are already listed so just type what each member does all ready extra. I figure if having all songs written by opeth then put engineered, mixed, etc. And can you plez respond to my last question about watershed because I don't think it follows any of the polices you've listed for me. —Preceding unsigned comment added by Mtlv0 (talk • contribs) 02:58, 20 May 2011 (UTC)
check the ghost reveries page how it's written in notes (which I did not do) which is a great looking page, sry missed ur message very small and not altered to me. Ok now I get the sites carrying copywritten material is not allowed, the polices are too technically written in which you have explained to me in simple english. Thnx for agreeing on the credits, if you can help me type out correctly, it would be much appreciated. Lastly I kinda agree on specifcs but I've been blasted on it before when I typed on the Resurrection Through Carnage page that Mike does Death vocals but someone said no, vocals covers everything.Mtlv0 (talk) 03:53, 20 May 2011 (UTC)
remember how we were talking about names being repeated on this page? well I changed it before but did you revert my edits? so do we keep it as it is or credit all the other stuff to opeth?Mtlv0 (talk) 18:38, 27 May 2011 (UTC)
Why is TKO Capone still in there? he is not notable. We have a heading of concept. So why not orgainize it with other headings? why put up the augusut 18 date when opeth.com has 1997 and disogs has 11 of may?Mtlv0 (talk) 04:01, 20 May 2011 (UTC)
Agreed on headings and discogs, but hey, the ghost rev page looks very organized, imo better than previous edits, I guess we can't agree on that. As for the year release, if you point on each opeth album, on the diff pages they have there it shows the release of the album so i'm not taking about the recording year on the side.Mtlv0 (talk) 04:34, 20 May 2011 (UTC)
I Think there could be a lot of things relevant to a track such as discrepancies, release dates towards the song prior to the album, etc. I am for one a fan of the note column and so are others that's why it exists and I have no idea why you despise it immensely. If you are not down for the whole note thing then yes please remove the "trivia piece" from the track and at least put it somewhere else on the page.Mtlv0 (talk) 22:53, 20 May 2011 (UTC)
I know that there is no note column. I was referring to the extra column and it's a good column cause it is open to notes, artists, albums etc. So like you say the note is for text but not necessarily next to the song. I know that we don't have to put note, I figure only if its for importance in which these are not trivial info. I can't seem to find an article stating the incorrect track spell of lotus eater when the best I can do is a link of a physical image to it but like you've said before it goes with copywrites. So Lastly yes then that text must be removed. Is there a policy not allowing notes cause I might of missed that in your statements against it?Mtlv0 (talk) 01:30, 21 May 2011 (UTC)
Good point but shouldn't bonus tracks be separated from the original? and if you are to merge these bonus tracks how do you decide which one to merge with if there a multiple reissues?Mtlv0 (talk) 19:10, 28 May 2011 (UTC)
But the whole policy thing of having reissues listed on the side of the song, isn't similar to having the description of the song like once again the infamous lotus eater incident?Mtlv0 (talk) 22:14, 28 May 2011 (UTC) — Preceding unsigned comment added by Mtlv0 (talk • contribs)
Hello sir. Please only keep one link for the emo on the infobox of My Chemical Romance. I realize that you faced bias editors recently. I didn't want to revert your addition, so you'll have a chance to pick the best <ref> you like :). Take care and happy editing ~ AdvertAdam talk 04:45, 28 May 2011 (UTC)
Devin Townsend Project
Non-breaking spaces before dashes
See WP:DASH Simply put, the problem here is having a space, then a line wrap, and then a dash/space/text. It's confusing to the reader to see a line end that way. I didn't really have anything to do with drafting the style for it, so I can't say more than that, but I'm sure you could find out at the talk archives there. If you have any other questions, please feel free to ask. —Justin (koavf)❤T☮C☺M☯ 05:21, 10 July 2011 (UTC)
You selectively read WP:CRYSTAL. You conveniently overlooked "Dates are not definite until the event actually takes place." Wikipedia does not include release dates for films and albums until they actually occur. Now please stop edit warring and take it to the talk page if you wish to challenge policy. 184.108.40.206 (talk) 20:47, 31 July 2011 (UTC)
Dab page format
Hi, re this edit: WP:MOSDAB specifies "Red links should not be the only link in a given entry; link also to an existing article, so that a reader (as opposed to a contributing editor) will have somewhere to navigate to for additional information.", so I have replaced the blue link on that entry. PamD 07:04, 10 September 2011 (UTC)
- I was unaware of that, thanks for letting me know! I'll keep it in mind for the future. MrMoustacheMM (talk) 19:15, 11 September 2011 (UTC)
Sorry if you see a revert due to vandalism thing on the Dave Mustaine page, that was me getting confused over the various versions avaliable. Again, apologies for that, I've sorted it now Drivenapart (talk) 13:38, 15 September 2011 (UTC)
Cooked on Phonics
- I think you did not understand. The "O" in "Cooked On Phonics" and the "T" in "Ziltoid The Omniscient" ARE capitalized. It does not have anything with Wikipedia policies. It is like the "MOTIV" on A Perfect Circle's "eMOTIVe". The titles ARE to be capitalized. I think I made myself understandable now. WWEJobber (talk) 18:33, 29 September 2011 (UTC)
Thanks! I also thought it was really ridiculous how that went down and even more ridiculous that someone else would undo the legitimate tagging to a page. I got exhausted over it, though and it's not worth the bickering, but it's really nice of you to show your support. Thanks. —Justin (koavf)❤T☮C☺M☯ 03:49, 1 November 2011 (UTC)
Thanks for your contributions on the article but please don't remove the credits and source from the page. all the credits should mention in their own section like "sounding" or "instruments". for example see this: 4 (Beyoncé Knowles album)#Personnel.
thank you (Reza (Let'sTalk) 19:35, 4 November 2011 (UTC))
- About the credits and Beyonce's page. i just gave you an example. beyonce's article gonna be a good article after a while, they still working and improving it. so don't be surprise if we using it as an example. so we should put each one in their own section and in the credits section nobody use ; or ===Heading=== they use bold text to separate them, i think it's very clear. but right now i went other articles. some of them were like you said and some of them are like what i did. so we keep it the way you said but do not remove the source that we got the credits. all the articles i've visited had the source. see this, it's a good article: The Fame Monster#Personnel
- about the tour dates. if the tour had an article, yes you were right. for example, Rihanna's Loud Tour. before they created an article for it they included all the tour dates in the album's page. you can go to the history and see it [Loud History]. so right now there's no article for Heritage tour so we should include them in the album's page. if you're interested to creat an article for it, ok go for it and put them on it, but since there's no article we include them in the album's page. you said Wikipedia is not a place to include every tour date. actually it is, and thy include tour dates in the articles like the one i linked you to. so i reverted it back.
- and about that poor language you said, i just copy pasted the sentence from the Opeth's official website, if you think it was poor go and blame that writer not me. (Reza (Let'sTalk) 08:57, 5 November 2011 (UTC))
- Reply 2
- Seriously, i don't know what's your problem and why you're bossing around this article. all you say is good good good articles. why you make such a big deal out of it? it's just freaking tour date. people come and go to this page. maybe some of them wants to know in which date the band would tour in their cities?
- and about the credits. it's the rule of Wikipedia that you should say your source for whatever you're adding to an article. if you don't like it, just leave it alone. people need to know that we got this from this source. end of discussion for this one. if you remove the source I will report the vandalism. i gave you an example from a GOOD article but it seems you don't like it. you can go through other articles and check.
- and about ; or ===Heading===. if you're doing it in any article or you did it before, you were wrong and i'm sure nobody noticed that. nobody use ; or ===Heading=== in a Personnel section to separate things. yes they use it for example in "Reception" section to separate "Commercial and Critical" section, or they gonna use this in "Charts and certifications" section to separate "Certifications", "End of year charts", "albums", "singles" and.... nobody use it in a personnel section. so if nobody noticed what you've done it doesn't mean you were doing it right and if somebody notice, i'm sure they would fix it. you've been around here for almost 2 years and i've been around here for almost 3 years next to my 4. i did many contributions on alot of albums pages and all of them got their way to the article except this one that you're bossing around it. don't judge by my edits which are too low. i was signed up here 3 years ago but i just forgot my password and then i forgot that i have an account here, so i was editing and adding infos by my ip address like other people. 6 months ago or more i got an e-mail from wikipedia, then i realized i have and acc here. so i recovered my password and started using it again. so if i were using my accounts all this time, i would have barnstars, my name was included in the top editors. so i said all these to tell you that i'm not an unexperienced person here and i do know the rules well as you know them. thank you (Reza (Let'sTalk) 21:11, 5 November 2011 (UTC))
- Reply 3
Hi again, sorry for delay.
i have to be honest and i have to say that you really convinced me on some of your points and i don't have nothing to say about them anymore. but there are just some few things. about that heading part, all of the articles you linked me to, used the bold sentences they didn't use this (===heading===) thing. i think i did it wrong cause i used (' ' ') instead of (;).
and about that tour dates i don't have much infos about Heritage tour to make an article for it... maybe in future when more infos revealed about it.
about that sources i think we should keep it that way. let's see what other editors think.
sorry i pressed it wrong. i didn't mean to report you. when i found out i pressed it i stopped the page but it seems the report went on. sorry for that if i pressed that wrongly. i thought nothing happened. i wanted to tell you about this. again sorry (Reza (Let'sTalk) 21:21, 5 November 2011 (UTC))
Redickulous album cover FUR
Hi. Can you help me in this article "Angst, självdestruktivitetens emissarie"? I can't stylize article. The track listing template is placed in a wrong location and currently article view is not good. Thanks. Winter Gaze (talk) 18:53, 27 November 2011 (UTC)
- I had a look, and tried putting the template in a table. It seems to have fixed the problem for me. The only thing it doesn't do is expand the track listing template all the way horizontally, but honestly I don't think that's a big problem. What do you think? MrMoustacheMM (talk) 19:02, 27 November 2011 (UTC)
These are my new articles. Can you review them?
- The Compendium Archive an album by Agalloch.
- Der Wanderer über dem Nebelmeer (album) and compilation ablum by various artists like Agalloch and Kauan.
Also another article if your are interested to contribute:
Hi. In List of KMFDM band members, you recently added a link to the disambiguation page Audio mixing (check to confirm | fix with Dab solver). Such links are almost always unintended, since a disambiguation page is merely a list of "Did you mean..." article titles. Read the FAQ • Join us at the DPL WikiProject.
25 January 2012
About the removal of the citation neede tag: there is no need to keep it up, if you look to the article on Pendulum's album Immersion  is clear that In Flames is featured there, is clear also, that there are only three colaborations. Nicrorus (talk) 02:00, 25 January 2012 (UTC)
- If this information is true, then please add a reliable source stating this, and the cite needed tag can be removed. For example, I see two acceptable sources on the page you linked to: the album liner notes and Allmusic. Allmusic is probably a better source to use, as it is independent of the bands. MrMoustacheMM (talk) 00:45, 26 January 2012 (UTC)
Re: Defeated Sanity
If the disruption is limited to one article and is frequent (as in, more than once a day), we can extend the semi-protection. Otherwise, unfortunately it's just a game of whack-a-mole. I have many articles on my watch list that are targeted by anonymous editors who like to add, delete, or change genres seemingly on a whim. They are very persistent. --Laser brain (talk) 01:26, 6 March 2012 (UTC)
I think the setup is wrong because I believe it shouldn't be separate but all in chronological order and the labels don't need to be there, it is listed once you've entered.October 010 (talk) 05:45, 11 March 2012 (UTC)
- Alright, bring it up on the article's talk page and it can be discussed there. This will allow other editors to have their say if they so desire. I disagree that the setup is wrong, but perhaps others agree with you. I have no idea what you mean by "it is listed once you've entered". What is listed? Entered what? MrMoustacheMM (talk) 16:44, 11 March 2012 (UTC)
I'm sorry I wasn't too specific. Entered into the article's seperate page, I dunno if that cleared that up. btw, why would to die from strength be listed as it has no source?October 010 (talk) 05:55, 14 March 2012 (UTC)
- That makes sense now, thanks for clearing that up. Just a quick note, if you add in new dates to an article with an established date format (Month Day, Year), please keep the date format consistent throughout the article. Thanks. MrMoustacheMM (talk) 09:50, 14 March 2012 (UTC)
- If an article has been established with the Day Month Year format, then go with that. The point is to keep it consistent throughout, based on what is already being used in the article. Having inconsistent date formats throughout an article looks bad. MrMoustacheMM (talk) 01:28, 15 March 2012 (UTC)
The edits to my essay
Hello. I see that you've read my essay and have added a link and corrected some spellings to it. Thanks for tweaking the essay like that. I didn't know that some of those words had been misspelled like they were. Backtable Speak to meconcerning my deeds. 09:18, 11 March 2012 (UTC)
- Glad you're happy with the changes (and I'm glad I didn't overstep my editing privileges with those edits)! I like and agree with what you had to say in your essay. MrMoustacheMM (talk) 16:46, 11 March 2012 (UTC)
Hey, I thought I'd let you know that even though you don't agree with the IP's edits, they don't qualify as vandalism. He's been slightly abrasive, but his edits have been in good faith. Take another look at WP:Vandalism to see that they specifically define it very very narrowly: "Even if misguided, willfully against consensus, or disruptive, any good-faith effort to improve the encyclopedia is not vandalism. Edit warring over content is not vandalism." Just a heads up for future reference. —Torchiest talkedits 01:26, 20 March 2012 (UTC)
New Engel Album
Hi, you helped out a lot fixing my first attempt at creating a page (their previous album), don't know if you would be interested to take a look / correct Blood of Saints? It's not complete by any means and I will add to it as info becomes available. Thanks a bunch Dohertyben (talk) 20:16, 20 March 2012 (UTC)
- Looks pretty good for a start! Here's the changes I made and why:
- I removed "th" from 18th, we don't use "th" (or 1st or 2nd).
- For ranges of dates, use a dash instead of a slash.
- While something in the infobox is unknown, just leave it blank. It can be filled in once the information is known.
- One minor capitalization fix ("to").
- According to WP:REPEATLINK, once something has a wikilink, it doesn't need to be linked again (in this case, the second "guitars" link).
- Added a wikilink for Engelin.
- All in all, nothing major, should be good to go until more information is released! MrMoustacheMM (talk) 20:22, 20 March 2012 (UTC)