- 1 Barnstars and other nice things
- 2 Date format in Linux articles
- 3 A discussion on the Linux distribution talk page
- 4 List of Stanford University people
- 5 Harassment
- 6 Mary Quant on List of fashion designers
- 7 Looks like you are having a lot of fun marking articles for deletion.
- 8 Thank you
- 9 TWL HighBeam check-in
- 10 Newspapers.com check-in
- 11 Hillary Rodham Clinton - Move Discussion
Barnstars and other nice things
|The Editor's Barnstar|
|for being so clear eyed, consistent, and even in tone while working on the whole Deluna page/umpteen socks investigation. Good work!Tao2911 (talk) 21:05, 24 August 2011 (UTC)|
|The Barnstar of Diplomacy|
|For keeping peace and letting everybody use their opportunities. APS (Full Auto) (talk) 22:37, 14 December 2011 (UTC)|
|The Barnstar of Integrity|
|Your one of the best debaters I have seen in some time. I have great respect for you my new friend. Moxy (talk) 20:22, 10 January 2014 (UTC)|
|The Resilient Barnstar|
|AN/I can be quite a hectic place at times, but incredibly you managed to stay together in one piece the whole time. You are a really prolific editor Msnicki, don't let drama change peoples views on you as an editor! Cheers --Acetotyce (talk) 20:19, 6 September 2014 (UTC)|
Thanks for finding additional notability evidence for ConnMan
Date format in Linux articles
Hello! Any chances, please, for you to have a look at Wikipedia talk:WikiProject Software § Date format in release history sections of Linux articles and possibly comment there by providing your point of view? The whole thing is pretty much poorly discussed with only a few editors actually discussing it, while it seems to be affecting more than a few articles (and the date format seems to be extending beyond the tables into references as you've seen in the Linux article, please also see history of the Linux distribution article). Any contributions to the discussion would be highly appreciated! — Dsimic (talk | contribs) 06:02, 15 November 2014 (UTC)
A discussion on the Linux distribution talk page
Hello! There's a somewhat lengthy content-related discussion in Talk:Linux distribution § Information on GNU/Linux that would really need input from more editors. It's about an ongoing disagreement on how should a Linux distribution be described, required level of coverage by references, and partially about the way article's lead section should reflect the article content. If you could provide any input there, I'd really appreciate it! — Dsimic (talk | contribs) 02:08, 15 January 2015 (UTC)
List of Stanford University people
I am Benison. Can you join me to bring List of Stanford University people to FL status. Its a good one and deserves it. I came across it and find it interesting. Being you one of its contributor (the others being mostly IPs except OCNative), please join me. I have made some trifles. Thank you.. - The Herald (here I am) 13:59, 22 January 2015 (UTC)
Please stay as far away from me as you can. If I do something wrong, surely somebody else will notice and take care of it. You do not need to try to police my activities or to make frivolous accusations that I started an attack page. Really? The nerve! Jehochman Talk 18:04, 30 January 2015 (UTC)
- I have a right to make good faith requests for deletion of anything I want. Sometimes others agree and sometimes they don't. If you object to my CSD of your page, you may contest it. This is how the guidelines say we'll decide things. The language in the template is what Twinkle generates, I agree it was insulting. It was not what I intended, which is why I quickly reverted it and replaced it. I respect you, I think you're a very smart person and I rather like you. I did not mean to offend you and I am sincerely sorry to have done that. But I do think the page is inappropriate. Msnicki (talk) 18:28, 30 January 2015 (UTC)
Rather than reply on Jehochman's talk page, I'll put it here instead... Is it an attack page? I was curious about the history behind this, and near as I can tell, Jehochman made a mistake ten days ago, reversed it, and then for some dumb reason decided to memorialize it with this category. I would certainly !vote to delete at CFD, but I don't think I know enough back story to push the CSD button myself. Resolute 18:07, 30 January 2015 (UTC)
- It's satirical. I added myself as a joke. Regarding Panyd, she and I are on good terms, and I added her as a good natured joke, told her, and invited her to remove it if she didn't like. This is not an attack. Before accusing me of creating an attack page, somebody with half a clue would ask me about the circumstances. Jehochman Talk 18:09, 30 January 2015 (UTC)
- I don't know the backstory, either, Resolute, but I really don't care. As I said to Jehochman on his talk page after reverting Twinkle's unfortunate templating, it's a blatant invitation to abuse by anyone with an axe to grind. The fact he puts his own name or only people he likes and who've agreed on there is immaterial. There's no way this list will stay humorous. And since you're probably wondering, most of our history is that Jehochman and I were at times on opposite sides in the Wikipedia:Arbitration/Requests/Case/DangerousPanda case. But I'm surprised he's so angry. Msnicki (talk) 18:28, 30 January 2015 (UTC)
- I'm angry because you accused me of creating an attack page. If you had come to me and said, "Hey, Jehochman, I see that you created this humor page, but I'm concerned that it could be abused in the following way..." you would have gotten a much more pleasant response from me. Also, did you see that I agreed to delete the page after a couple weeks if it wasn't being used or wasn't being used properly? There was no actual abuse in progress or past, so there was no rush to delete this. Had there been any actual abuse, I would have agreed to delete it straight away. There are a lot of categories that could be used to attack people if misused, but we don't delete them. Jehochman Talk 20:20, 30 January 2015 (UTC)
- Please go back and read my talk page carefully and you will see that your synopsis is missing an important detail. Secondly, be careful not to act as NE Ent's alter ego. He was having a conversation with me. I expected him to respond to my proposed compromise. You created needless bad feelings by jumping the gun. Jehochman Talk 22:03, 30 January 2015 (UTC)
- I don't act as anyone's "alter ego", Jehochman, and I really don't know why you feel a need to dismiss my opinion as anything but my own, held in good faith. I thought your page was inappropriate, it was clear you didn't want to delete it yourself, so I requested a speedy deletion by an uninvolved admin who agreed with me. That's really all there is to it. For someone insisting it was all a joke, you don't seem to be in a very humorous mood. Msnicki (talk) 22:36, 30 January 2015 (UTC)
Mary Quant on List of fashion designers
Thanks for your recent reversion of User:184.108.40.206's good faith edit - I'd also note that Mary Quant worked in London pretty exclusively, so while she may be Welsh, she was born in London and was pretty much based there professionally, making efforts to add her to Wales doubly disingenuous. Just a observation. I admit I have been pondering whether there is a case for making an exception for a few names (NOT Quant) as some of them only spent a few years in their place of birth and barely qualify as nationals of their place of birth (e.g although Sybil Connolly was born in Wales, she is very definitely considered an Irish designer. See also Ruth Tarvydas who was born in Germany, but was pretty much Australian.) but the place-of-birth rule is pretty straightforward and easy-to-explain. A tough call, though, with some of these individuals such as Connolly and Tarvydas. And dare I admit it, the Manish Malhotra people would be happy to have him under India where he arguably belongs. Something to think about, but I'll have to get back to it after I get back from holiday. Mabalu (talk) 22:22, 8 February 2015 (UTC)
Looks like you are having a lot of fun marking articles for deletion.
Maybe you could take a look at articles that don't have any references. Here's some to get you started: Candle_(programming_language), Cl4_(programming_language), Slave_Programming_Language, Pauscal, Ooc, WLanguage, Nemo_(programming_language). Godspeed. --220.127.116.11 (talk) 01:54, 26 March 2015 (UTC)
- Good list. Nominate them to AfD and I'll search for sources before doing so but likely !vote to delete every one of them. Msnicki (talk) 01:57, 26 March 2015 (UTC)
- Please don't. The user was of course not being literal. You've nothing to prove, and IMHO you're going overboard with your deletionism. You may disagree with my assertion at this time, but perhaps reevaluate after the Nim discussion has concluded. What is your track record at successful deletion anyway? Maybe it'll take some time for you to understand that Wikipedia is bigger than its hardcoded guidelines, and that the word encyclopedia, with the implied dated comparison to a paper encyclopedia, is the worst label that could've ever been applied to Wikipedia - it is bigger than that. --IO Device (talk) 13:08, 31 March 2015 (UTC)
Thanks for catching my mistake at Mark Gearan. I was too tired to realize I was editing an old version (thereby restoring the vandalism I was trying to get rid of). The Haz talk 04:02, 2 April 2015 (UTC)
TWL HighBeam check-in
Hello Wikipedia Library Users,
You are receiving this message because the Wikipedia Library has record of you receiving a one-year subscription to HighBeam. This is a brief update to remind you about that access:
- Make sure that you can still log in to your HighBeam account; if you are having trouble feel free to contact me for more information. When your access expires you can reapply at WP:HighBeam.
- Remember, if you find this source useful for your Wikipedia work, make sure to include citations with links on Wikipedia: links to partner resources are one of the few ways we can demonstrate usage and demand for accounts to our partners. The greater the linkage, the greater the likelihood a useful partnership will be renewed. For more information about citing this source, see Wikipedia:HighBeam/Citations
- Write unusual articles using this partner's sources? Did access to this source create new opportunities for you in the Wikipedia community? If you have a unique story to share about your contributions, let us know and we can set up an opportunity for you to write a blog post about your work with one of our partner's resources.
Finally, we would greatly appreciate if you filled out this short survey. The survey helps us not only better serve you with facilitating this particular partnership, but also helps us discover what other partnerships and services the Wikipedia Library can offer.
You are receiving this message because you have a one-year subscription to Newspapers.com through the Wikipedia Library. This is a brief update, to remind you about that access:
- Please make sure that you can still log in to your Newspapers.com account. If you are having trouble let me know.
- Remember, if you find this source useful for your Wikipedia work, to include citations with links on Wikipedia. Links to partner resources are one of the few ways we can demonstrate usage and demand for accounts to our partners. The greater the linkage, the greater the likelihood a useful partnership will be renewed. Also, keep in mind that part of Newspapers.com is open access via the clipping function. Clippings allow you to identify particular articles, extract them from the original full sheet newspaper, and share them through unique URLs. Wikipedia users who click on a clipping link in your citation list will be able to access that particular article, and the full page of the paper if they come from the clipping, without needing to subscribe to Newspapers.com. For more information about how to use clippings, see http://www.newspapers.com/basics/#h-clips .
- Do you write unusual articles using this partner's sources? Did access to this source create new opportunities for you in the Wikipedia community? If you have a unique story to share about your contributions, let me know and we can set up an opportunity for you to write a blog post about your work with one of our partner's resources.
Finally, we would greatly appreciate it if you filled out this short survey. Your input will help us to facilitate this particular partnership, and to discover what other partnerships and services the Wikipedia Library can offer.
Hillary Rodham Clinton - Move Discussion
This is a notification to let you know that there is a requested move discussion ongoing at Talk:Hillary_Rodham_Clinton/April_2015_move_request#Requested_move. You are receiving this notification because you have previously participated in some capacity in naming discussions related to the article in question.