Hello! This is my Archived Talk Page 2
||This is an archive of past discussions. Do not edit the contents of this page. If you wish to start a new discussion or revive an old one, please do so on the current page.
Hi. Thank you for the drink. It indeed is very hot. Phew! :) Yes, the article needs a lot of work, and I appreciate all the work that you have been doing which is really great. I will try and edit more in the coming few days. The movie was awesome, and definitely deserves a GA. Cheers. Smarojit (talk) 08:34, 27 March 2012 (UTC)
I did go through the "To Do List". Will certainly concentrate on those points first, before adding more information. We should be able to do all this together. It looks like you are a Vidya Balan fan. Well, I am too. As for the crew, I haven't really seen any film article mentioning all the crew members as such. I know they are extremely important to the making of the film, but sites such as IMDB or Bollywood Hungama have the required lists. So I don't think its really necessary to name all of them here. After all,how many can you name? Smarojit (talk) 08:51, 27 March 2012 (UTC)
Players is currently running for GA. Lets see if it passes with the crew information. As of now, no use putting too much information. Let us work on the other important things first, such as the Kolkata motifs and story development etc. Is that fine? Smarojit (talk) 09:07, 27 March 2012 (UTC)
There, I added the album cover art. Something is done. Will work on the other things soon, maybe tomorrow. Take care man. Have fun! Smarojit (talk) 09:27, 27 March 2012 (UTC)
RE: no new kahaani
Yeah, I thought let the buzz settle down, and by then new material might be available. I have been keeping an eye on the lists of url in the talk page. The url for Namrata Rao (editor) interview was good. I have not been in touch with cinema-related GA nominations for years, so not sure what are really needed to reach that goal. Definitely "filming" needs more meat. I don't know where to collect that "meat" from! In the mean time, the article has reached a significant length, which is great!--Dwaipayan (talk) 13:53, 27 March 2012 (UTC)
- Hi there, I am going to echo what Dwai wrote above. Check my talk page for a longer response. GA articles take time- we need to at least wait for awards ceremonies to happen. -Classicfilms (talk) 15:15, 27 March 2012 (UTC)
I was just looking through Chak De India which I turned into a GA in 2009. As often happens on the WP, GA or FA articles lose a little polish as time passes and need to be cleaned up. I think it is time for this article to have a clean up as I still hold hope that one day it can be pushed to FA. But that requires help - I'm wondering if you would like to work on it as a way to practice the process. I just fixed some dead links but in reviewing the article, it really does need an update. And I think that fact that the song has achieved its own status (particularly during the World Cup last year) deserves its own section. This, however, requires searching for sources and adding newer ones. I have a lot going on in real life so I am not always here, but if you would like to help improve the article let me know. And if you know others that would, it would be great. The article and film have been around for long enough that it is not out of reach to work towards an FA. This will also give time for the Kahaani article to develop. -Classicfilms (talk) 17:19, 27 March 2012 (UTC)
- Some great edits on the CDI page, exactly the kind of work that the article needs. Great add to the special screenings section. Could you look around and see if something like the special screenings should appear as a list (as it is now) or as a paragraph. I'm frankly not sure - lists are usually frowned upon in GAs and FAs - the only kind that usually happens is with awards but by that point the awards are moved to another article. Thanks, -Classicfilms (talk) 16:04, 28 March 2012 (UTC)
The Dirty Picture
Hey. There is a lot of copy editing required for the article. So, working on all of that. Hope it clears this time. Cheers. Smarojit (talk) 08:52, 29 March 2012 (UTC)
- Yay, it passed. I am overjoyed. Smarojit (talk) 04:46, 30 March 2012 (UTC)
- Hey, congrats Smarojit! and thanks Msrag for the barnstar. Actually, you deserve a barnstar, not me :) -- ♪Karthik♫ ♪Nadar♫ 06:01, 30 March 2012 (UTC)
- Thank you so much. Congratulations to you too Karthik, and I agree, Msrag deserves a barnstar too. And now begins Mission Kahaani. :) Smarojit (talk) 06:39, 30 March 2012 (UTC)
- Thanks for the barnstar, whoever you are. I see from this that you've worked on The Dirty Picture initially on the plot. Don't you have an account for yourself? I suggest you create one for the log of good edits you made on the article. Thanks again.--Msrag (talk) 13:19, 5 April 2012 (UTC)
Tag and Assess 2012
Hi, with contributors like you, Tag and Assess 2012 has reached mid stage. To speed up the activities, certain special awards have been announced. User:Yuvipanda has created an excellent tool to help editors who are assessing manually. The tool is under Beta release and I request you to please install, use it and give him feedback. Please see the details in https://docs.google.com/document/d/176bySLlr-fRcMYw-h4k-btL5x08qegY7Ipj2DQLHdQE/edit?pli=1. Thanks again for your contribution and wish you continued support to take the drive to completion. Ssriram mt (talk) 22:41, 9 April 2012 (UTC)
Yes, "Not to use any publisher name for newspaper.". But Zee News is not a newspaper, it is a TV channel. The parameter |publisher is present in both cite web and cite news. However, usually it is kept blank for newspaper sources (irrespective of whether using the cite web or cite news template). I used in this article cite news template for all newspaper sources, and any other sources that necessitates the use of |agency parameter. We could easily have used cite web for Zee News (keeping Zee News in |publisher parameter), but many Zee News articles mention agency, and to incorporate agency name, we have to use cite news, as |agency parameter is absent in cite web.
Essentially, the output should look similar. newspaper names in italics, TV channel names not in italics.--Dwaipayan (talk) 22:07, 11 April 2012 (UTC)
Could you please take a look at the response at WT:INCINE? Thank you. Secret of success 13:55, 11 April 2012 (UTC)
- Shall I start an RfC for it? I believe we have discussed enough. Secret of success 06:02, 13 April 2012 (UTC)
Tag and Assess 2012 - Awards
||Indian service award (Silver)
|For your efforts in Tag and Assess 2012 - many thanks and wish you achieve many more in the project.
Ssriram mt (talk) 02:31, 16 April 2012 (UTC)
Msrag, please do not remove the GA nomination. This is my request. Pleasant1623 (talk) 18:41, 8 April 2012 (UTC)
- Well, sorry Msrag. I am new in Wikipedia. I wanted my first contribution on Wikipedia, but, if that's the problem, I will remove it. Regards. -Pleasant1623 (talk) 11:25 am, 9 April 2012, last Monday (2 days ago) (UTC+5.5)
- Will keep everything you said to me. Good luck. Pleasant1623 (talk) 17:06, 9 April 2012 (UTC)
- Msrag, I discussed about the GA nomination for Kahaani at my talk page. So, I was sure that the article is a good article, and I didn't nominated just like that, it had a reason. Regards.--Pleasant1623 (talk) 06:50, 10 April 2012 (UTC)
Msrag, the soundtrack of Kahaani has no different image.Pleasant1623 (talk) 16:17, 13 April 2012 (UTC)
Sorry, I will not do this again.--Pleasant1623 (talk) 11:54, 17 April 2012 (UTC)
Invite to join GLAM edit-a-thon!
Hey Msrag! I'd like to invite you to the GLAM edit-a-thon to improve article related to Indian crafts! Do join us :) Great work on tag and assess also! Noopur28 (talk) 18:38, 20 April 2012 (UTC)
WikiProject GLAM Crafts Museum
Hi there! A WikiProject has recently started for all Wikipedia community events, content work, and community collaboration on articles related to the National Crafts Museum in New Delhi, India and related topics. Through this project it hopes to highlight its collection and contribute to free sharing of knowledge.
Please join the WikiProjec by signing up here.
Thanks and Happy editing! :)
| To-do list for WikiProject GLAM Crafts Museum:
- To upload images of much of the material in the public domain in the museum's collections
- To train staff and others how they can add material to Wikipedia according to our rules and without violating Conflict of Interest guidelines
- To write articles on Crafts Museum related topics
- To illustrate articles with images donated by the Crafts Museum and to properly categorize these images at Wikimedia Commons
- To create a proper gallery of Crafts museum images at Commons
- To create all the proper user boxes, project tags, etc. in order to keep track of project statistics.
Myself Rahul. Thanks for your interest in Satyamev Jayate (TV show). I wrote most portions of that article. Not wrote actually, I copy pasted from the given sources as my english language skills are very poor..:P I'm pretty new to WP. This is the first Television article I edit. So it'll be good if you review the full article and correct it if needed. Thanks.. Looking forward for your support...
rahul (talk2me) 13:23, 26 April 2012 (UTC)
Thanks alot for your advice Msrag. I will definitely try to learn more and improve editing. And will contact you if any help is needed.. Btw now the article SMJ looks far better, great work by you.. I also will help to develop it further. Thanks again..
rahul (talk2me) 15:21, 27 April 2012 (UTC)
Disambiguation link notification for April 28
Hi. When you recently edited Satyamev Jayate (TV show), you added a link pointing to the disambiguation page Punjab (check to confirm | fix with Dab solver). Such links are almost always unintended, since a disambiguation page is merely a list of "Did you mean..." article titles. Read the FAQ • Join us at the DPL WikiProject.
It's OK to remove this message. Also, to stop receiving these messages, follow these opt-out instructions. Thanks, DPL bot (talk) 10:51, 28 April 2012 (UTC)
Hi. Wanted to say hello. Haven't seen you editing in a while! All well? Smarojit (talk) 14:50, 28 April 2012 (UTC)
- Thanks man. I don't think Agneepath has premiered yet. Or maybe I am mistaken. Don't watch these television premieres with a million ads. The movie was good enough, but I was laughing at the way Priyanka Chopra had no role at all. I mean, look at Vidya doing these brilliant films at one end, and Priyanka getting such a raw deal after 7 Khoon Maaf. Anyway, good luck with your work and Kahaani of course. That's completely "your article" now. :-) Smarojit (talk) 06:13, 30 April 2012 (UTC)
- See, uploading an image is not an issue. And I can definitely do that. But, there is a limit to the usage of non-free images on Wikipedia. There is already one non free image of Vidya Bagchi there. Other than that, we can add a maximum of two more. We wouldn't want the article to be cluttered with too many pictures now, would we? Among the images that you have listed, I feel an image of Bob pushing Vidya in the metro rail could be used. But the question is where and most importantly, why. We need to specify a "purpose of use" for an image. If you see the two non-free images that I have uploaded in Agneepath, I have clearly stated the reason why they are required in the article. So if I upload the metro image, I would need a clear purpose to do so. Smarojit (talk) 08:42, 30 April 2012 (UTC)
- It isn't a necessity to have too many images in a FA. To make your doubts clear I'll give you a few examples -
- Fight Club - A FA. Includes only one non-free image and no other image (free or non-free). But the article is brilliant. It gives a detailed overview of everything, and since there was no need of images to prove anything, they were not used.
- Zodiac - Another similar example. One image to illustrate the visual effects, other than the free cast images.
- Taare Zameen Par - Closer home, this featured article does not use a single non-free image in the prose section.
- What I am trying to say is that there is no need to use images for beautification. The prose comes first. We have used an image of Vidya Bagchi to highlight the fact that Balan plays a pregnant woman. A free image of Balan celebrating the film's success is also available, along with the other Kolkata images. So I don't think that we need any more. Smarojit (talk) 10:01, 30 April 2012 (UTC)
Do you know hot add an clickable image map to Wiki articles?--Jagadhatri(২০১২) 09:39, 5 May 2012 (UTC)
Hope you watched Satyamev Jayate today. The article needs to be expanded and maybe reformatted. I'm working on it. Hope you'll join...
rahul (talk2me) 13:30, 6 May 2012 (UTC)
What do you think about having separate article for episode? rahul (talk2me) 06:45, 7 May 2012 (UTC)
- (talk page stalker)Unnecessary at this stage. I believe a few more episodes need to be aired. I guess, you could have a List for episodes, plenty of sources are available, but at this stage, no need for individual articles. It would land up in AfD before we can improve it. --Rsrikanth05 (talk) 08:50, 7 May 2012 (UTC)
Ok, if you guys says so. I didn't touched Episode section yet as I thought creating a separate article. I'll do something on it after complete Reception section. Btw should the Episode section be sourced? As like we write film plot the film itself considered as source. What about in this case? rahul (talk2me) 01:35, 8 May 2012 (UTC)
Lol, i'm not, and I dont have any special interest about NYDN. It was just coincidence. I just driven there from google news search. I'll try to find indian sources, btw dont worry much about it, I think archiving them will solve the prob. rahul (talk2me) 11:05, 8 May 2012 (UTC)
||Welcome to Wikipedia. Although everyone is welcome to contribute constructively to the encyclopedia, please note that your un-referenced and self-proclaimed edits at Satyamev Jayate (TV show) may unnecessarily bring down the quality of article. Please have a confirmation with other sources and clear sense of article formats by referring to some feathered articles or so. Also do provide references, which will help to increase life-time of your edits. JPMEENA (talk) 18:12, 7 May 2012 (UTC)
- Can you please indicate which edits of mine are "un-referenced and self-proclaimed" as claimed by you as I believe all my edits are very well referenced with reliable sources. Can you also provide me with some examples of similar TV shows which are featured articles as I cannot afford to spend time finding out a similar TV show of similar format so that it can be referred for the article format The link of the featured articles (BTW its not feathered articles as you say, please perform a spell check before you post any such notification) is very well known to me and simply directing me to a major link with numerous articles will not help. Though I appreciate your work at the article, I suggest you to please perform a check at the history if I've brought the quality of the article or increased it significantly. I also suggest you to please do a thorough analysis before making any such claims and posting any such notifications again in the future. --Msrag (talk) 04:15, 8 May 2012 (UTC)
I think you are taking my comment too negative and hence a negative reaction. please note that:
- You are editing the page so you must search yourself this type of article; if you can find any
- This is not the article page so, as long as you get the context, there won't be any further quality requirements for talk pages
- Really!! Do you think my comment is without a thorough check on history of article and your edits??
JPMEENA (talk) 05:47, 8 May 2012 (UTC)
Further I don't want to comment please carry on you contributions, this was something I felt and you are free to do whatever you feel.JPMEENA (talk) 05:49, 8 May 2012 (UTC)
Satyamev Jayate (TV show)
Hi, I am a medical student and have a full knowledge about this process. I am also a big fan of amir and show satyamev jayate. but it is true that when doctor tell Amir that birth of boy or girl is govern by male sperm, he wrongly interpreted that male is responsible for girl birth.
In reality it is very natural process and nobody can be held responsible for this. It is not a fault. metting of sperm with egg is a completly random process. After Meiosis process, a cell is diveded into 2 cells out of which, one cell has male chromosome(Y) and other has female chromosome(x). they will always be in equal number.
When I saw the episode I didn't think that it will effect much. but after that when I saw comment on youtube, news websites saying that males are responsible for girl birth. I choose to clarify on this page.
If you want references you can read any book on reproduction.
One more request please don't delete the information if you have little knowledge about that subject. so please UNDO that deleted part.
Regards, — Preceding unsigned comment added by DV manish (talk • contribs) 10:39, 9 May 2012 (UTC)
A cup of coffee for you!
||Thank you for your contributions to Satyamev Jayate (TV show). I live in the United States and do not have access to this show in English language, so I appreciate what you have done to describe the show in a way that I can understand. Blue Rasberry (talk) 15:05, 18 May 2012 (UTC)
DVD CD price
The most reliable source would be the cover of the DVD/CD etc. If someone has it, or if you see the cover in some shop, you can verify the price. That can be used as a reference in the article. If needed, Template:Cite DVD-notes can be used. Regards.--Dwaipayan (talk) 17:12, 23 May 2012 (UTC)