OTRS ticket 2014042810012062
I've opened the attachment and included the contents in a note for you. Cheers, TLSuda (talk) 20:25, 28 April 2014 (UTC)
- Replied at commons :) ~ Nahid Talk 20:35, 28 April 2014 (UTC)
A barnstar for you!
||The Brilliant Idea Barnstar
|For killing two birds with one stone...transferring files to Commons and processing the OTRS permission at the same time. Keep up the good work! Cheers, TLSuda (talk) 19:38, 7 June 2014 (UTC)
- I didn't see the barnstar until now :) Thank you ~ Nahid Talk 23:07, 7 June 2014 (UTC)
FYI Elizabeth Taylor, actress was in Butterfly 8 a movie that was filmed in Haverstraw in the1960's.
Also, many well known people from Stony Point and surrounding area took to train from Haverstraw to Manhattan ie Mich Miller the tv personality and band leader of the 1940's '50 and '60.
There was a large Italian population there.
Thanks for your work at remembering an important time.
Bonnie — Preceding unsigned comment added by 184.108.40.206 (talk) 14:01, 8 June 2014 (UTC)
A barnstar for you!
||The Barnstar of Good Humor!
|Hello NahidSultan.Recently you have signed my guestbook! Thank you very much for signing my guestbook. Cheers.--Pratyya (Hello!) 14:29, 29 July 2014 (UTC)
You are Invited to Bangla Wikipedia Photography Contest 2014!
Aymeric Sallin's page
I have edited Aymeric Sallin's page to comply with the Manual of Style. Despite the changes the banner requesting for changes is still there. I was wondering if you could help getting rid of it? Many thanks for your help!
220.127.116.11 (talk) 16:51, 2 October 2014 (UTC)
- Done! ~ Nahid Talk 19:31, 12 October 2014 (UTC)
After reviewing your request for the account creator right, I have enabled the flag on your account. Keep in mind these things:
- The account creator right removes the limit on the maximum number of new accounts that can be created in a 24-hour period.
- The account creator right is not a status symbol. If it remains unused, it is likely to be removed. Abuse of the account creator right will result in its removal by an administrator.
If you no longer require the right, let me know, or ask any other administrator. Drop a note if you run into troubles or have any questions about appropriate/inappropriate use of the account creator right. Happy editing! — xaosflux Talk 17:21, 10 November 2014 (UTC)
Images in wikipedia, unused
Hi, I was advised to contact you about some images that were uploaded to the EN wikipedia, but most are not used there. They generally have inadequate information, but some at least appear to be good-faith photos that could perhaps be moved to Commons. Could you advise? The complete list is here.
- I wonder whether this is fair use, and it is currently linked from a wikipedia page.
These maps I think are redundant because File:Bangladesh location map.svg is generally used:
These images may (now) have minimally adequate location information:
I think these were taken in Brahmanbaria, but it would be guesswork to say so:
Best wishes. Sminthopsis84 (talk) 16:18, 20 December 2014 (UTC)
- Hi Sminthopsis84, Thanks for letting me know. I'll be more than happy to help.
- This image is obviously not fall under fair use criterion or any other CC license criterion because we don't know the source of each image that they were used to generate the whole image into one. We also don't know who are the authors of those images and what license they used. So it should be deleted anyway.
- District locator maps always should have proper information like this one. Say, What is the original image source of your creation. I also don't think those two images are entirely self created. They should not be deleted on the basis of redundant, a discussion would be a better solution whether they should be deleted or moved to commons.
- I agree with you that rest of the files appear to be good-faith uploads. Therefore I'll add info template to all of them and prepare for moving to commons. Regards. ~ Nahid Talk 17:53, 20 December 2014 (UTC)
Thanks! I've taken action about the maps as you suggest, and the more drastic action that you suggest for the composite image. It will be nice to get those cleared up. Sminthopsis84 (talk) 18:12, 20 December 2014 (UTC)