- 1 Question About Semboku District
- 2 Italian alphabet
- 3 Image copyright problem with Image:Karakuwa Town Symbol.png
- 4 Japanese Flag of commons
- 5 Orphaned non-free image File:Karakuwa Town Symbol.png
- 6 WikiProject Cleanup
- 7 File:Akita Akitacity.png listed for deletion
- 8 File:Anna Maria Mozart.jpg listed for deletion
- 9 Speedy deletion nomination of File:Kanji railway icon.png
- 10 File:Kanji railway icon.png missing description details
- 11 File source problem with File:Skyliner-NRT.JPG
Question About Semboku District
I'm wondering why you have changed the English transliteration to "Semboku". All local town signs, post offices, and government offices that I've seen use "Senboku". When the former town, Senboku, was incorporated into a larger entity (Semboku), the name was actually changed. Not so with the region (gun). Is there another reason that you had changed this?
- Ah - I see what you may have done - the kanji has actually remained the same, although the transliteration on the Semboku-shi website has changed. According to what I've seen and the folks that I've spoken with, this transliteration was done only to differentiate the new town from the gun. I'll be stopping by Misato-cho town hall tomorrow and I'll see if I can clear this up!
- Thanks for getting back to me! You know a lot more about this stuff than me, I'm just in Senboku-gun right now and was wondering if there was something amiss... I'll go through these entries and change them if you haven't already! (I'll probably not get to doing it for a few days, but I don't think that there's too much of a rush). Thanks again for getting back to me, and great work on the town merger work!
Hi Nameneko, in your very interesting alphabet tables there is a little error: the italian alphabet includes as a common letter the Q, and the five graphemes J, K, W, X and Y are considered «Variant/Digraph considered a separate letter»: as you can read here, «The foreign letters j k w x y are rarely used in italian language, but they are used more and more in the writing, borrowed by other languages». BYE! panapp〜パナップ (Say what?) 18:29, 19 August 2008 (UTC)
- Ciao Nameneko, thanks for your answer, it's perfectly comprehensible and now i agree you. A last note: in italian we have the grave accent for all the five vowels, and the acute accent fot the E (É) and for the O too (Ó)! For example, in "Giórgio" (George) and in "móstro" (monster) the accents are on the first "o" and they are acute, in "portóne" (main door) and "fulmicotone" (rapidly) they're on the second "o", etcetera. See ya ASAP, BYE --panapp〜パナップ (Say what?) 17:43, 20 August 2008 (UTC)
Image copyright problem with Image:Karakuwa Town Symbol.png
Thanks for uploading Image:Karakuwa Town Symbol.png. You've indicated that the image is being used under a claim of fair use, but you have not provided an adequate explanation for why it meets Wikipedia's requirements for such images. In particular, for each page the image is used on, the image must have an explanation linking to that page which explains why it needs to be used on that page. Can you please check
- That there is a non-free use rationale on the image's description page for each article the image is used in.
- That every article it is used on is linked to from its description page.
Japanese Flag of commons
Thank you for creating Japanese flag image, commons:File:Symbol of Assabu, Hokkaido.svg, commons:File:Symbol of Kesennuma, Miyagi.svg, commons:File:Symbol of Iwanuma, Miyagi.svg, commons:File:Symbol of Matsushima, Miyagi.svg, commons:File:Symbol of Natori, Miyagi.svg, commons:File:Symbol of Tagajo, Miyagi.svg, commons:File:Symbol of Zao, Miyagi.svg, commons:File:Symbol of Daisen, Akita.svg, commons:File:Symbol of Noshiro, Akita.svg, commons:File:Symbol of Fujisato, Akita.svg, commons:File:Symbol of Happo, Akita.svg, commons:File:Symbol of Higashinaruse, Akita.svg, commons:File:Symbol of Ikawa, Akita.svg, commons:File:Symbol of Kamikoani, Akita.svg, commons:File:Symbol of Katagami, Akita.svg, commons:File:Symbol of Kazuno, Akita.svg, commons:File:Symbol of Kitaakita, Akita.svg, commons:File:Symbol of Higashiyamato, Tokyo.svg, commons:File:Symbol of Kiyose, Tokyo.svg, commons:File:Symbol of Komae, Tokyo.svg, commons:File:Symbol of Kunitachi, Tokyo.svg. But this original sources may have copyright. If you think that your flag image is not copyrightable, you can add Template:PD-ineligible at contributor-responsibility. Any untagged image will be deleted.--Knua (talk) 16:27, 28 September 2009 (UTC)
Orphaned non-free image File:Karakuwa Town Symbol.png
Thanks for uploading File:Karakuwa Town Symbol.png. The image description page currently specifies that the image is non-free and may only be used on Wikipedia under a claim of fair use. However, the image is currently not used in any articles on Wikipedia. If the image was previously in an article, please go to the article and see why it was removed. You may add it back if you think that that will be useful. However, please note that images for which a replacement could be created are not acceptable for use on Wikipedia (see our policy for non-free media).
File:Akita Akitacity.png listed for deletion
A file that you uploaded or altered, File:Akita Akitacity.png, has been listed at Wikipedia:Files for deletion. Please see the discussion to see why this is (you may have to search for the title of the image to find its entry), if you are interested in it not being deleted. Thank you. Cloudbound (talk) 21:57, 5 May 2012 (UTC)
File:Anna Maria Mozart.jpg listed for deletion
A file that you uploaded or altered, File:Anna Maria Mozart.jpg, has been listed at Wikipedia:Files for deletion. Please see the discussion to see why this is (you may have to search for the title of the image to find its entry), if you are interested in it not being deleted. Thank you. Stefan2 (talk) 14:03, 12 September 2012 (UTC)
Speedy deletion nomination of File:Kanji railway icon.png
A tag has been placed on File:Kanji railway icon.png requesting that it be speedily deleted from Wikipedia. This has been done under section F1 of the criteria for speedy deletion, because the image is an unused redundant copy (all pixels the same or scaled down) of an image in the same file format, which is on Wikipedia (not on Commons), and all inward links have been updated.
If you think this page should not be deleted for this reason, you may contest the nomination by visiting the page and clicking the button labelled "Click here to contest this speedy deletion". This will give you the opportunity to explain why you believe the page should not be deleted. However, be aware that once a page is tagged for speedy deletion, it may be removed without delay. Please do not remove the speedy deletion tag from the page yourself, but do not hesitate to add information in line with Wikipedia's policies and guidelines. Sfan00 IMG (talk) 12:25, 9 June 2013 (UTC)
File:Kanji railway icon.png missing description details
is missing a description and/or other details on its image description page. If possible, please add this information. This will help other editors make better use of the image, and it will be more informative to readers.If you have any questions, please see Help:Image page. Thank you. Message delivered by Theo's Little Bot (opt-out) 15:59, 9 June 2013 (UTC)
File source problem with File:Skyliner-NRT.JPG
If the necessary information is not added within the next days, the image will be deleted. If the file is already gone, you can still make a request for undeletion and ask for a chance to fix the problem.
Please refer to the image use policy to learn what images you can or cannot upload on Wikipedia. Please also check any other files you have uploaded to make sure they are correctly tagged. Here is a list of your uploads. If you have any questions or are in need of assistance please ask them at the Media copyright questions page. Thank you. Stefan2 (talk) 23:42, 17 December 2013 (UTC)