User talk:Nick Number
- 1 Thanks
- 2 Articles for Blue Comet
- 3 Levi Olan
- 4 Thanks for coming
- 5 Meetup reminder
- 6 Thanks!
- 7 October 2013
- 8 My Pink Moon Edits
- 9 flappers, origin of word
- 10 Libertad Green article, presumably
- 11 Apollo Vredestein B.V.
- 12 Well done: first time in the HoF since August
- 13 Armineaghayan
- 14 Removal of Orphan message
- 15 A barnstar for you!
- 16 Blue Giant (band)
- 17 Meetup at the Hull House!
- 18 Not satisfied with your editing of content
- 19 Addition of images
- 20 Email
- 21 The Days (band) nominated for deletion
- My pleasure. There are enough there that it might be worth considering Rp tags, though some people don't like that style of footnote. Nick Number (talk) 18:26, 8 January 2013 (UTC)
Articles for Blue Comet
You recently edited the page for the Blue Comet. You had deleted some transcribed 1930s articles from a now defunct newspaper. The articles are transcribed from microfilm that was digitally archived and in the public domain. I really want to include the information as intact as I found it, so what is the best way, other than transcribing the article? (Old23skiddoo (talk) 21:28, 27 February 2013 (UTC))
- Hmm, I'm not sure. Wikisource might be a good repository for that kind of thing, but I haven't used it myself. You might try asking at their Requests for assistance page. Nick Number (talk) 22:18, 27 February 2013 (UTC)
- I see you've reverted my edit, including some style corrections I made. Regardless of where you decide to upload the articles, the full text of them certainly doesn't belong here. Please see Wikipedia:Do not include the full text of lengthy primary sources. Nick Number (talk) 23:05, 28 February 2013 (UTC)
Thanks for coming
I enjoyed hosting you at Wikipedia:Meetup/Chicago 7. Please follow along at WT:CHICAGO to keep up with the issues of the project. We are currently in need of respondents at Wikipedia talk:WikiProject Chicago#Going_forward. Please come by and lend your opinion.--TonyTheTiger (T/C/BIO/WP:CHICAGO/WP:FOUR) 12:17, 23 June 2013 (UTC)
Hey Nick, this is Jethro. Just wanted to send a reminder your way about the meetup next Saturday at the Pritzker Military Library. If you need a reminder on the details (some updates have been made), be sure to check out the meetup page. See you next week! I, JethroBT drop me a line 22:50, 19 October 2013 (UTC)
Hey Nick-- thanks for joining us at the edit-a-thon yesterday. I was able to crunch some of the data last night, and we accomplished a lot! Check out the meetup page if you're interested. I, JethroBT drop me a line 19:36, 27 October 2013 (UTC)
Hello, I'm Some jerk on the Internet. I wanted to let you know that I undid one or more of your recent contributions to List of chess players because it did not appear constructive. If you would like to experiment, you can use the sandbox. If you think I made a mistake, or if you have any questions, you can leave me a message on my talk page. The reverted edit can be found . --some jerk on the Internet (talk) 17:37, 28 October 2013 (UTC)
- It appears you reverted your reversion, so I will assume this message was left in error and disregard it. Nick Number (talk) 17:56, 28 October 2013 (UTC)
My Pink Moon Edits
You Rock! Thanks for cleaning up my Pink Moon article! I read that thing a thousand times and still never caught those typos…one gets blind to one’s own errors. Pugsly8000 (talk) 17:14, 29 November 2013 (UTC)
- You're welcome, and thanks for not taking offense. I think only one change was an actual misspelling and it might have existed in the original quotation. The rest was inconsequential pedantry on my part. Nick Number (talk) 18:51, 29 November 2013 (UTC)
flappers, origin of word
Thank you for reinstating my edit to "flappers." As the article says, in Lucille Ball's autobiography, she says that she and other flappers were called that because they didn't fasten the buckles on their shoes, and they flapped loudly when they did the Charleston. My grandmother was a flapper in Chicago and she told me this, too. If it's a false etymology, why did the flappers themselves insist on it? Is this a case of men wanting to take credit for coining terms for women? I don't know--but until I see evidence that the WOMEN were wrong, I say, let's listen to the flappers themselves. — Preceding unsigned comment added by 126.96.36.199 (talk) 12:03, 10 December 2013 (UTC)
- Ok. I'm afraid I don't remember the edit in question, but I'm glad things worked out for you. Nick Number (talk) 14:59, 10 December 2013 (UTC)
Libertad Green article, presumably
Having an article on WikiPedia isn't a requirement to be listed on a WikiPedia page.William Mortensen Vaughan, U.S. Army Staff Sergeant (Retired) (talk) 22:47, 3 March 2014 (UTC)
- I assume you're referring to your attempts to add an entry for Libertad Green to the Libertad disambiguation page. The guidelines for adding links to disambiguation pages are different from those for regular articles. Please look at MOS:DABRL for details. In particular, "A link to a non-existent article (a 'red link') should only be included on a disambiguation page when an article (not just disambiguation pages) also includes that red link." Please do not re-add the entry to Libertad until the Libertad Green article meets these criteria. Nick Number (talk) 22:57, 3 March 2014 (UTC)
Well done: first time in the HoF since August
|The Super Disambiguator's Barnstar|
|The Super Disambiguator's Barnstar is awarded to the winners of the Disambiguation pages with links monthly challenge, who have gone above and beyond to remove ambiguous links. Your achievment will be recorded at the Hall of Fame.
This award is presented to Nick Number, for successfully fixing 3012 links in the challenge of April 2014. Rcsprinter123 (push) @ 20:52, 1 May 2014 (UTC)
- Sure thing. If you have any specific questions I'd be glad to help, though my strengths mostly run toward copyediting, style repairs, and link fixes, rather than de novo article creation. Nick Number (talk) 02:03, 17 June 2014 (UTC)
Removal of Orphan message
Hi Nick, an article was created, but an orphan message is put although, the article is already linked to the main article. Since i am only a auto-confirmed user, i had thought it would be better if the message is removed by an editor like you.
A barnstar for you!
|The Original Barnstar|
|Thanks for fixing up the links to Washington Saldías. It's much appreciated! Diego Grez (talk) 22:33, 1 July 2014 (UTC)|
- Whee! Y gracias - a mí me gustan mucho las Wikiestrellas. Nick Number (talk) 00:57, 2 July 2014 (UTC)
Hello Nick. Since you asked for this article to be moved at WP:RMTR you may be interested in the discussion at WP:Articles for deletion/Blue giant (disambiguation). It looks to me that it's really a question of how best to disambiguate. EdJohnston (talk) 04:22, 31 July 2014 (UTC)
Meetup at the Hull House!
Hey Nick. Just got contacted by the Hull House to help coordinate and participate in an edit-a-thon later next week. It's kind of on a weird day of the week to accommodate students at UIC, but you're welcome to join us if you're available. I, JethroBT drop me a line 22:32, 25 August 2014 (UTC)
Not satisfied with your editing of content
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Nancy_Kominsky Is there some compelling reason you have chosen to place the images in the body text right justified?
Your unilateral changes to layout grouping the all images to the right leaves way too much white space in the body text. Please do not continue to make unilateral changes to the layout.
I have reduced the thumbs to 300pix and repositioned them to the version before your change. I have also reposted the self-portrait image in the box.
- I don't know what browser and screen resolution you're using, Kozmick, but I don't think the present image layout is consistent with other biographical articles (though it is substantially improved from how it looked initially). I've requested a third-party opinion on WikiProject Biography. Nick Number (talk) 15:37, 28 August 2014 (UTC)
Addition of images
I have a query, is it right and encyclopedic according to Wikipedia guidelines to add images like of a local hotel, school, mall or any place of worship. For example in Jhansi article there are lot of images which are just local with no historical or cultural significance. I had managed to move images in gallery section. Please help me what should be done in any article. Work2win (talk) 19:12, 30 August 2014 (UTC)
- Hi Work2win. I'm honestly not much of an expert on image selection. I think moving the images to the gallery was a good decision, and nothing looks too jarring to my eye. For more focused guidance, I would recommend posting on the talk page of one of the projects listed at the top of the article's talk page. Nick Number (talk) 22:04, 30 August 2014 (UTC)
The Days (band) nominated for deletion
I have nominated the article The Days (band) for deletion because the band lacks notability. You have edited this article in the past and so I thought you might be interested. You may discuss this nomination here: WP:Articles for deletion/The Days (band) 02:46, 10 October 2014 (UTC)