User talk:Nick Number
- 1 Thanks
- 2 February 2013 disambig contest.
- 3 Articles for Blue Comet
- 4 Levi Olan
- 5 Thanks for coming
- 6 St. Johns County, Florida Page
- 7 Meetup reminder
- 8 Thanks!
- 9 October 2013
- 10 Disambiguation link fixing one-day contest
- 11 My Pink Moon Edits
- 12 flappers, origin of word
- 13 You're invited: Art & Feminism Edit-a-thon
- 14 Libertad Green article, presumably
- 15 Apollo Vredestein B.V.
- 16 May 2014 disambig contest: let's do it again!
- 17 Well done: first time in the HoF since August
- 18 Armineaghayan
- 19 Removal of Orphan message
- 20 A barnstar for you!
- My pleasure. There are enough there that it might be worth considering Rp tags, though some people don't like that style of footnote. Nick Number (talk) 18:26, 8 January 2013 (UTC)
February 2013 disambig contest.
Greetings! I'm giving a prize of up to a hundred dollars to the winner of the February 2013 disambiguation contest, and lesser prizes to the rest of the top four. Of course, the conditions of the contest will make it quite a challenge to win the full amount, but I hope to stimulate competitiveness with a little extra incentive. Cheers! bd2412 T 21:04, 31 January 2013 (UTC)
Articles for Blue Comet
You recently edited the page for the Blue Comet. You had deleted some transcribed 1930s articles from a now defunct newspaper. The articles are transcribed from microfilm that was digitally archived and in the public domain. I really want to include the information as intact as I found it, so what is the best way, other than transcribing the article? (Old23skiddoo (talk) 21:28, 27 February 2013 (UTC))
- Hmm, I'm not sure. Wikisource might be a good repository for that kind of thing, but I haven't used it myself. You might try asking at their Requests for assistance page. Nick Number (talk) 22:18, 27 February 2013 (UTC)
- I see you've reverted my edit, including some style corrections I made. Regardless of where you decide to upload the articles, the full text of them certainly doesn't belong here. Please see Wikipedia:Do not include the full text of lengthy primary sources. Nick Number (talk) 23:05, 28 February 2013 (UTC)
Thanks for coming
I enjoyed hosting you at Wikipedia:Meetup/Chicago 7. Please follow along at WT:CHICAGO to keep up with the issues of the project. We are currently in need of respondents at Wikipedia talk:WikiProject Chicago#Going_forward. Please come by and lend your opinion.--TonyTheTiger (T/C/BIO/WP:CHICAGO/WP:FOUR) 12:17, 23 June 2013 (UTC)
St. Johns County, Florida Page
|St. Johns County, Florida Page|
|Good afternoon Nick Number,
I am a Communications Specialist writing on behalf of the St. Johns County Board of County Commissioners. As the local government body serving St. Johns County, our organization has a vested interest in the content written on the Wikipedia page designated for our region. In our efforts to provide residents, visitors, and external viewers with the most up-to-date and factual information regarding St. Johns County, we recently established a Wikipedia account to offer edits and improvements to the page. Out of respect and consideration for the rules and guidelines detailed by Wikipedia, we have made consistent efforts to offer content which we feel supports Wikipedia’s goals of sharing unbiased, community based, and reference backed information. Though we are extremely proud of St. Johns County and would love to fill the Wikipedia page with endless accolades, we recognize our responsibility to offer site visitors neutral information. We welcome any feedback on how best to balance these efforts. As an example, we would like to share the fact that St. Johns County has been recognized as having the number one school district in the state. There are numerous references explaining this recognition, how it was established, and what it means for our residents and the future of St. Johns County. With your help, we hope to share this type of County fact on Wikipedia in an appropriate fashion. Thank you in advance for your time.
Ceilingtile1234 (talk) 19:48, 28 June 2013 (UTC)
Hey Nick, this is Jethro. Just wanted to send a reminder your way about the meetup next Saturday at the Pritzker Military Library. If you need a reminder on the details (some updates have been made), be sure to check out the meetup page. See you next week! I, JethroBT drop me a line 22:50, 19 October 2013 (UTC)
Hey Nick-- thanks for joining us at the edit-a-thon yesterday. I was able to crunch some of the data last night, and we accomplished a lot! Check out the meetup page if you're interested. I, JethroBT drop me a line 19:36, 27 October 2013 (UTC)
Hello, I'm Some jerk on the Internet. I wanted to let you know that I undid one or more of your recent contributions to List of chess players because it did not appear constructive. If you would like to experiment, you can use the sandbox. If you think I made a mistake, or if you have any questions, you can leave me a message on my talk page. The reverted edit can be found . --some jerk on the Internet (talk) 17:37, 28 October 2013 (UTC)
- It appears you reverted your reversion, so I will assume this message was left in error and disregard it. Nick Number (talk) 17:56, 28 October 2013 (UTC)
I have decided to put on a mini-contest within the November 2013 monthly disambiguation contest, on Saturday, November 23 (UTC). I will personally give a $20 Amazon.com gift card to the disambiguator who fixes the most links on that server-day (see the project page for details on scoring points). Since we are not geared up to do an automated count for that day, at 00:00, 23 November 2013 (UTC) (which is 7:00 PM on November 22, EST), I'll take a screenshot of the project page leaderboard. I will presume that anyone who is not already listed on the leaderboard has precisely nine edits. At 01:00, 24 November 2013 (UTC) (8:00 PM on November 23, EST), I'll take a screenshot of the leaderboard at that time (the extra hour is to give the board time to update), and I will determine from that who our winner is. I will credit links fixed by turning a WP:DABCONCEPT page into an article, but you'll have to let me know me that you did so. Here's to a fun contest. Note that according to the Daily Disambig, we currently have under 256,000 disambiguation links to be fixed. If everyone in the disambiguation link fixers category were to fix 500 links, we would have them all done - so aim high! Cheers! bd2412 T 02:48, 18 November 2013 (UTC)
My Pink Moon Edits
You Rock! Thanks for cleaning up my Pink Moon article! I read that thing a thousand times and still never caught those typos…one gets blind to one’s own errors. Pugsly8000 (talk) 17:14, 29 November 2013 (UTC)
- You're welcome, and thanks for not taking offense. I think only one change was an actual misspelling and it might have existed in the original quotation. The rest was inconsequential pedantry on my part. Nick Number (talk) 18:51, 29 November 2013 (UTC)
flappers, origin of word
Thank you for reinstating my edit to "flappers." As the article says, in Lucille Ball's autobiography, she says that she and other flappers were called that because they didn't fasten the buckles on their shoes, and they flapped loudly when they did the Charleston. My grandmother was a flapper in Chicago and she told me this, too. If it's a false etymology, why did the flappers themselves insist on it? Is this a case of men wanting to take credit for coining terms for women? I don't know--but until I see evidence that the WOMEN were wrong, I say, let's listen to the flappers themselves. — Preceding unsigned comment added by 184.108.40.206 (talk) 12:03, 10 December 2013 (UTC)
- Ok. I'm afraid I don't remember the edit in question, but I'm glad things worked out for you. Nick Number (talk) 14:59, 10 December 2013 (UTC)
You're invited: Art & Feminism Edit-a-thon
|Art & Feminism Edit-a-Thon - In a city near you! - You are invited!|
|The first ever Art and Feminism Edit-a-thon will be held on Saturday, February 1, 2014 across the United States and Canada - including Chicago! Wikipedians of all experience levels are welcome to join!
Any editors interested in the intersection of feminism and art are welcome. Experienced editors will be on hand to help new editors.
Libertad Green article, presumably
Having an article on WikiPedia isn't a requirement to be listed on a WikiPedia page.William Mortensen Vaughan, U.S. Army Staff Sergeant (Retired) (talk) 22:47, 3 March 2014 (UTC)
- I assume you're referring to your attempts to add an entry for Libertad Green to the Libertad disambiguation page. The guidelines for adding links to disambiguation pages are different from those for regular articles. Please look at MOS:DABRL for details. In particular, "A link to a non-existent article (a 'red link') should only be included on a disambiguation page when an article (not just disambiguation pages) also includes that red link." Please do not re-add the entry to Libertad until the Libertad Green article meets these criteria. Nick Number (talk) 22:57, 3 March 2014 (UTC)
May 2014 disambig contest: let's do it again!
Greetings fellow disambiguator! Remember back in February when we made history by clearing the board for the first time ever, for the monthly disambiguation contest? Let's do it again in May! I personally will be aiming to lead the board next month, but for anyone who thinks they can put in a better effort, I will give a $10 Amazon gift card to any editor who scores more disambiguation points in May. Also, I will be setting up a one-day contest later in the month, and will try to set up more prizes and other ways to make this a fun and productive month. Cheers! bd2412 T 18:49, 28 April 2014 (UTC)
Well done: first time in the HoF since August
|The Super Disambiguator's Barnstar|
|The Super Disambiguator's Barnstar is awarded to the winners of the Disambiguation pages with links monthly challenge, who have gone above and beyond to remove ambiguous links. Your achievment will be recorded at the Hall of Fame.
This award is presented to Nick Number, for successfully fixing 3012 links in the challenge of April 2014. Rcsprinter123 (push) @ 20:52, 1 May 2014 (UTC)
- Sure thing. If you have any specific questions I'd be glad to help, though my strengths mostly run toward copyediting, style repairs, and link fixes, rather than de novo article creation. Nick Number (talk) 02:03, 17 June 2014 (UTC)
Removal of Orphan message
Hi Nick, an article was created, but an orphan message is put although, the article is already linked to the main article. Since i am only a auto-confirmed user, i had thought it would be better if the message is removed by an editor like you.
A barnstar for you!
|The Original Barnstar|
|Thanks for fixing up the links to Washington Saldías. It's much appreciated! Diego Grez (talk) 22:33, 1 July 2014 (UTC)|