User talk:The Banner
- 1 A barnstar for you!
- 2 Edit warring? Why?
- 3 Achille Delaere
- 4 RfC at Talk:Kosovo War
- 5 The Signpost: 03 December 2014
- 6 Conflict of interest
- 7 De Leest
- 8 The Signpost: 10 December 2014
- 9 Conflict of ideas
- 10 New Wikipedia Library Accounts Now Available (December 2014)
- 11 The Signpost: 17 December 2014
- 12 A barnstar for you!
- 13 Thanks for reverting, but...
- 14 The Signpost: 24 December 2014
- 15 Heeding to Edit War tag
- 16 Please comment on Template talk:Armed Iraqi groups in the Iraq War and the Iraq Civil War
A barnstar for you!
|The Brilliant Idea Barnstar|
|Dear "The Banner",
first, a "Brilliant Idea Barnstar" for your work on investigating and documenting the history of Michelin Star restaurants in the Netherlands. I have already written you some time ago since your data work was the start for a research project at the University of Southern Denmark. Togehter with a colleague, I want hereby to analyse, how creative local amenities such as Michelin-Star restaurants can support local and regional development. Of course, for scientific research, data quality is very important. Thus, I would be very glad to get in contact with you to discuss this issue on your super wikipedia article. This would also give us the opportunity to "acknowledge" your intense data collection efforts so far. I fully understand that Wikipedia is a source for anonymous documentation, however, maybe you are interested to see, how your input is actually valuable for scientific research. If so, just leave a message at my wikipedia-page (Researchguy11), maybe this then allows to exchange Emails. Many thanks and all the best! Researchguy11 (talk) 17:09, 30 November 2014 (UTC)
Personally, I think your praise is over the top. I do what I think I have to do and try to stay away from promotion (what is a challenge on its own sometimes). If you have a questionnaire, you can send it through the tools (Email this user) on the left hand side of this screen. And I doubt if I can really help you, but let us give it a shot.09:41, 1 December 2014 (UTC)
Edit warring? Why?
Why would you rather edit war than to discuss? You have been reverted and even though there is a discussion, you failed to gain any support. One more revert and you will most likely be blocked. JOJ Hutton 14:53, 2 December 2014 (UTC)
- Stop joking and editwarring and join the discussion on the talkpage. 14:55, 2 December 2014 (UTC)
Hello, You helped me with this article in the English Wikipedia earlier this fall. I had a Dutch translation done of it, and when I put it into the Dutch Wikipedia, it turned out to be a marginal translation. I'm not sure, but it looks like they've deleted it. Is there any chance you could take a look at it? I noticed that you are fluent in Dutch. Nicola Mitchell (talk) 15:45, 3 December 2014 (UTC)
- The article was nominated for deletion due to the very poor quality of the translation. Unfortunately, the nominator is a kind of a troll regarding to religious subjects. Going against him only gives you a lot of trouble and a stalker. Better wait till somebody else picks up the challenge of translating the article, as I am not doing it. 16:52, 3 December 2014 (UTC)
Okay, thanks for the tip. I'll do as you suggest. Is there a chance you could read through a brief biographical article in my: Gebruiker:Nicola Mitchell/Kladblok2 ? Unfortunately, I had it done by the same translator at the same time as the Delaere one. This one though has no religious content. Can you tell me if the translation is any good? Also, what would you suggest? Nicola Mitchell (talk) 18:21, 3 December 2014 (UTC)
- In fact, the translation is just as hopeless. 23:22, 3 December 2014 (UTC)
- I have both articles put on the Hotlist, in the hope someone will picks this up for translation. 23:35, 3 December 2014 (UTC)
RfC at Talk:Kosovo War
Thanks for starting the RfC. It's a very positive step. However, I have one slight niggle: The header asks "Should we keep the section?" but the rest of the text makes it clear that the current text is problematic. In which case, it's not clear what "Support" and "Oppose" mean - they could go in either direction. Also, the original content of the section was very different to the current content - I don't want to overcomplicate things, but maybe removing the whole section isn't the only alternative to the current version. I'm reluctant to edit the structure of your RfC, but would you consider clarifying? Also, feel free to move my comment from "Support" to "Oppose" or whatever other section heading is most appropriate if you do change anything. bobrayner (talk) 15:09, 6 December 2014 (UTC)
- Present version better? 15:32, 6 December 2014 (UTC)
The Signpost: 03 December 2014
- In the media: Embroidery and cheese
- Featured content: ABCD: Any Body Can Dance!
- Traffic report: Turkey and a movie
- WikiProject report: Today on the island
Conflict of interest
you can't just go on deleting materials and subjects which i devote to wikipedia (hours and hours). you even deleted a lot from Muzaffarpur Junction railway station and now from Sapt Kranti Express. You have no right to call it a fan page. just i need a proper reason why you deleted those. — Preceding unsigned comment added by Tanmay Tarun (talk • contribs) 02:57, 10 December 2014 (UTC)
- I think I just did! You have added a lot of unsourced and irrelevant info to the article that makes it look like a personal webpage of a railway fan instead of a neutral description fitting into an encyclopaedia. 12:07, 10 December 2014 (UTC)
Why would you 'repair' the link into the broken one? – Editør (talk) 12:11, 11 December 2014 (UTC)
- Because you messed up even more than it was.
12:25, 11 December 2014 (UTC)
- If you didn't like the style, you could have just changed that, I have no problem with that. – Editør (talk) 12:32, 11 December 2014 (UTC)
The Signpost: 10 December 2014
- Op-ed: It's GLAM up North!
- Traffic report: Dead Black Men and Science Fiction
- Featured content: Honour him, love and obey? Good idea with military leaders.
Conflict of ideas
you can't just go on deleting contents. i contributed my 8 valuable hours for creating Sapt Kranti Express. you have no right to delete it. or it will be a pleasure to leave wikipedia. Tanmay Tarun (talk) You are a waste........ BULLSHIT! you deleted all my contributions.
- Tirhut Express
- Barauni-Samastipur-Muzaffarpur-Hajipur line
- Muzaffarpur- Gorakhpur line (via Hajipur, Raxaul and Sitamarhi)
- Muzaffarpur Anand Vihar Garib Rath Express
- Samastipur-Muzaffarpur section
- Anand Vihar Muzaffarpur Garib Rath Express
- Muzaffarpur Junction railway station
- What you add to those articles is irrelevant information or plain fancruft. 11:35, 14 December 2014 (UTC)
New Wikipedia Library Accounts Now Available (December 2014)
- Elsevier - science and medicine journals and books
- Royal Society of Chemistry - chemistry journals
- Pelican Books - ebook monographs
- Public Catalogue Foundation- art books
Other partnerships with accounts available are listed on our partners page. Do better research and help expand the use of high quality references across Wikipedia projects: sign up today!
--The Wikipedia Library Team.00:25, 18 December 2014 (UTC)
The Signpost: 17 December 2014
- Arbitration report: Arbitration Committee election results
- Featured content: Tripping hither, tripping thither, Nobody knows why or whither; We must dance and we must sing, Round about our fairy ring!
- Traffic report: A December Lull
A barnstar for you!
|The Stub Barnstar|
|Thanks for creating the new Gravenmolen article, and for improving Wikipedia's coverage of notable restaurants that have received Michelin stars. NorthAmerica1000 02:53, 20 December 2014 (UTC)|
- Thank you! Much appreciated! 11:10, 20 December 2014 (UTC)
- In fact, the honour is double appreciated. At the moment, they are a bit nitpicking on me on the Dutch Wikipedia about my Michelin articles and the navigation template I created for it. Very frustrating, as it is a rather WP:IDONTLIKEIT-discussion. 12:25, 20 December 2014 (UTC)
Thanks for reverting, but...
I've thanked you for your revert of Easter Rising. However I should mention that it does not appear to be WP:Vandalism, but WP:Bold changes, which you are probably right to revert per WP:BRD, but strictly speaking you should probably be adding a section on the Talk page inviting whoever made them to discuss his/her changes there, perhaps also indicating there that at least some of the changes will quite likely eventually turn out to be legitimate.Tlhslobus (talk) 07:45, 20 December 2014 (UTC)
- That is why I used the question marks, to mark that it in my opinion was coming close. 11:06, 20 December 2014 (UTC)
The Signpost: 24 December 2014
- From the editor: Looking for new editors-in-chief
- In the media: Wales on GamerGate
- Featured content: Still quoting Iolanthe, apparently.
- WikiProject report: Microsoft does The Signpost
- Traffic report: North Korea is not pleased
Heeding to Edit War tag
Hi User:The Banner. With regard to edit war tag you have awarded me, I agree with the reverting rules. For quality improvement of the article St.Joseph's Indian Composite PU College, instead of removing content recklessly, its wiser enough to talk and discuss the issues which the article faces. Only such certain unnecessary parts can be removed by the creator,rather than the creator again go on developing a whole new page. You are very much aware of the plight of a new page developer on Wikipedia R__R (talk) 20:09, 27 December 2014 (UTC)}}
- Wrong, everybody can edit an article. The creator has no special rights at all. 20:16, 27 December 2014 (UTC)
Please comment on Template talk:Armed Iraqi groups in the Iraq War and the Iraq Civil War
You have been randomly selected to receive an invitation to participate in the request for comment on Template talk:Armed Iraqi groups in the Iraq War and the Iraq Civil War. Should you wish to respond, your contribution to this discussion will be appreciated. For tips, please see Wikipedia:Requests for comment § Suggestions for responding. If you wish to change the frequency or topics of these notices, or do not wish to receive them any longer, please adjust your entries at WP:Feedback request service. — Legobot (talk) 00:03, 29 December 2014 (UTC)