User talk:Olaf Davis
Reading your comment at Talk:Non-standard cosmology, I paused for a couple of seconds to wonder what "not one Wikipedia" was supposed to mean, before suddenly realising how to parse the sentence correctly. Perhaps replacing "one" with "one which" would help to clarify the sentence structure, or maybe better still "a question which". The editor who uses the pseudonym "JamesBWatson" (talk) 09:48, 27 April 2014 (UTC)
- Possibly. I'm not sure the conversation's going to go any further anyway, though. Olaf Davis (talk) 11:52, 28 April 2014 (UTC)
User:Phmilet unblock request
I've seconded your request for input from X! on Phmilet's unblock request, but I note that X! has not been very active lately. Given the time that has elapsed, I have no problem waiting another couple of days for X!'s response, especially given the holiday weekend, but perhaps not longer than that. Regards, Newyorkbrad (talk) 15:42, 23 May 2014 (UTC)
- Agreed. If we wait until Monday that brings it to a full week since X! has edited - perhaps then one of us could go ahead and unblock. Olaf Davis (talk) 22:34, 24 May 2014 (UTC)
re: Olaf Davis (talk | contribs) deleted page Russian Bazaar (Wikipedia:Articles for deletion/Russian Bazaar) Numerous redirects must be deleted as well. (or is this handled by a bot?) Staszek Lem (talk) 00:24, 28 May 2014 (UTC)
- Oops - I normally check for them but forgot this time. Thanks! Olaf Davis (talk) 00:37, 28 May 2014 (UTC)
Request for comment
Hello there, a proposal regarding pre-adminship review has been raised at Village pump by here is very much appreciated. Many thanks. Jim Carter through MediaWiki message delivery (talk) 06:46, 28 May 2014 (UTC). Your comments
Mahfouz Marei Mubarak bin Mahfouz
Hope you are well.
Regarding the page of Mahfouz Marei Mubarak bin Mahfouz, we have recreated it again with more wealthy information, pictures and references, however, unfortunately has been deleted again. Kindly, could you please have a look to it and advise to return and publish it.
Thanks in advance for your cooperation and assistance.
- Hello Olaf, I still don't entirely trust the tagging system on Wikipedia, so I'm just dropping by to let you know that you've been mentioned here. Airplaneman ✈ 21:15, 10 September 2014 (UTC)
- Hi Midohmad (talk · contribs) and Airplaneman (talk · contribs), thanks for your messages. I'm afraid I have very limited time for Wikipedia at the moment, which is why I didn't reply to your email earlier. It's likely that Airplaneman or someone else may be in a better position to help you since I'm so slow to reply, but here are a couple of thoughts on your draft article under your user page. Although I haven't read every reference in detail, I'm *still* not convinced that any of them constitute the *significant, independent* coverage required by our guideline for inclusion as an article. As I said in a previous email, I think if you try to reinstate the article there's a strong chance it will be deleted again on those grounds. I simply don't see any evidence that he meets Wikipedia's standards for inclusion. Still, like I said I didn't read the references all in detail so I could be wrong.
- Secondly, did you take all the photos in the article yourself? That's what they've been tagged as, but if that's not the case then you need to either get permission from the copyright holders and update the tags on the image pages or else remove them - in general you *cannot* upload images to Wikipedia unless they are your own work or already published under a compatible license. Most of these look like publicity shots which I would imagine won't be - unless you yourself are in fact the photographer, in which case it's fine.
- I'm happy to reply to any other questions, though as I say I may be rather slow doing so. Olaf Davis (talk) 23:48, 15 September 2014 (UTC)