Hi. From time to time I move pertinent info to archive pages.
2014 items can be found here: User:Onel5969/Talk from 2014 (Edited to remove insignificant sections) First manual archive
2015 items can be found here: User:Onel5969/Talk from 2015 (Edited to remove insignificant sections) Second manual archive
Wiki mark-up link
Hi! You might find these handy:
Cheers! — | Gareth Griffith-Jones |The WelshBuzzard| — 22:35, 21 January 2014 (UTC)
17:37:13, 30 April 2015 review of submission by 220.127.116.11
Hi, I really need some help and guidance in creating this page. The subject: Charles Edward Hall has been santa for Radio City Music Hall for 30 years and his book is being turned into a movie. I feel like that is noteworthy enough for wikipedia. Could you please help me organize this information correctly.
18.104.22.168 (talk) 17:37, 30 April 2015 (UTC)
- Hi 22.214.171.124 - I edited it a bit, found some more references. I marked where citations are needed as well. Where did you come up with that information? Onel5969 (talk) 20:29, 2 May 2015 (UTC)
I've asked others in the help chat and they really aren't sure why you declined this as an essay. Here's the thing, THIS CASE HAS ATTRACTED SIGNIFICANT MEDIA ATTENTION and it's an embarrassment to wikipedia and discouraging to the family of the victim that a page has not been created for the events surrounding her disappearance and her husbands 3 trials. This page needs to be up. I would even pay someone to correct whatever is wrong with it so it gets approved. Otherwise, please leave a list of things that need to be corrected. Even if there are some corrections needed, once it's up, it has the fortune of becoming corrected and made to an even better page. So I want this up. Please let me know. The trial is in deliberations today and once the verdict is reached, I at least want it submitted for approval.
Thanks. — Preceding unsigned comment added by Mothwings (talk • contribs) 00:51, 1 May 2015 (UTC)
- Hi Mothwings - I am no longer involved in the AfC process. You might post your question at WP:TEAHOUSE. Good luck. I think it's notable, certainly, but it has a very informal tone. Take care. Onel5969 (talk) 04:08, 1 May 2015 (UTC)
You rejected one of my articles claiming not notable. I agree the page didn't have much reference. But if you take a look at these pages, i don't how they exist on WP, as even they don't have much references, or reliable sources. Peda , Luchi , Malapua (dessert) , Chhena Gaja.
They are not the only one, I have seen so many pages where only one unreliable reference is present, which is just a recipe. But still they exist.--C E (talk) 05:17, 1 May 2015 (UTC)
- Hi CosmicEmperor - I have no idea which article you're referring to. Onel5969 (talk) 13:39, 1 May 2015 (UTC)
I have mentioned them above and add to that Makki di roti--C E (talk) 14:15, 1 May 2015 (UTC)
Hello, Onel5969. It has been a while since I had requested you to conduct a copyedit. I had earlier asked you to copyedit for Anbe Vaa (1966), which became a GA on 17 December 2014. Server Sundaram is my next planned GA and I was hoping you could do a copyedit on the article. Thank you. Thamizhan1994 (Appo Pesu) 07:21, 1 May 2015 (UTC)
- Hi. Thanks for thinking of me, Thamizhan1994 - and congrats on the GA. I'm taking a break from copyediting, however. I tend to get burnt out after a few months, and need to take a breath. Sorry. Perhaps on another article in the future. Onel5969 (talk) 13:42, 1 May 2015 (UTC)
Trevor Haworth article
Hi Onel, Thank you. The article on Trevor is terrific. I have listed the links to the photos on Commons below. Best regards, AnthonyHaworth (talk) 07:38, 1 May 2015 (UTC)
- Hi AnthonyHaworth - added the photos to the page (so I removed them here for space considerations). Glad you liked the article. Two other editors have already taken a pass at it as well, so there don't seem to be any concerns about neutrality. Interesting learning about Trevor. Onel5969 (talk) 14:18, 1 May 2015 (UTC)
Can you re-review Hippo Campus' page
Hi again Onel5969. I appreciate your assistance in getting this page out of a draft status, and I have made some changes at your request. https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Draft:Hippo_Campus I have sought out additional sources and cleaned up the references used so that multiple now only show up as one to make it easier for your review. One of the new sources I have added was from City Pages, where they named Hippo Campus the best new band of 2015. Please take a look and let me know what further changes I need to make. Thank you Devilsbane (talk) 20:46, 1 May 2015 (UTC)
- Hi Devilsbane - I'm no longer participating in the AfC process. You might want to post your question at WP:TEAHOUSE. Take care. Onel5969 (talk) 22:10, 1 May 2015 (UTC)
A barnstar for you!
||The Original Barnstar
|Saw you detached yourself from AFC reviewing work...! Came across a lot of articles reviewed by you.. Sad you're leaving! Really appreciate your work and Best of Luck for your future endeavors! You deserve it! JAaron95 | Talk | Contribs 19:20, 2 May 2015 (UTC)
09:59:38, 4 May 2015 review of submission by Tobiasjohnsen
Hi, I'm surprised this article was declined. It's a rare example of a voluntary industry commitment that actually works, and the program has received praises from the EU and UN for combining industrial growth with sustainability as the citations show. Can the article be submitted with more sources?
Tobiasjohnsen (talk) 09:59, 4 May 2015 (UTC)
- Hi Template:UlTobiasjohnsen - Yes. Take a look at the notability guidelines. It wasn't rejected because it wasn't notable, but because the sources don't meet the notability criteria. I'm not active in the AfC process anymore, so if you have any more questions, you might want to ask them at the WP:TEAHOUSE. Good luck. Onel5969 (talk) 13:14, 4 May 2015 (UTC)
Russian wiki article about himI noticed you declined my article submission for Rodoljub Voluvic . It was pretty much an abridged translation of the article on the Russian wiki (Russian wiki article about him). The standards for inclusion seem to be international, so I think that this should be sufficient reason. Furthermore, reading the article shows that he was popular enough to be considered notable. I really can't fathom your reasoning for declining this article, as it seem s obvious that he is notable enough for inclusion, and I haven't been pointed to any serious style errors. TurtleWatson (talk) 14:59, 4 May 2015 (UTC)
- The standards for inclusion are certainly not international. They vary widely from language to language. The draft in question has one reference which would not be acceptable on en:Wikipedia (an interview with the subject, certainly not a neutral source), and one which I can't judge as I don't read Russian. But just one acceptable reference is not enough anyway, by the standards of en:Wikipedia. Maproom (talk) 17:19, 4 May 2015 (UTC)
I took a break for a while
Wikipedia gets us all down. But I came back
Please allow me to extend a cordial invitation to you to rejoin WP:AFC as a much missed reviewer.
I have lost count of the number of mistakes I have made and the rebukes I have brushed politely aside. Fiddle Faddle 15:25, 4 May 2015 (UTC)
- Hi Timtrent - Sorry I took so long to get back to you, but I wanted to give this some thought. I have several issues, of which the curt rebuke by an experienced editor was simply the latest. I undertook participating in AfC because it was something I understood, and thought I could help in an area that is definitely necessary. I had taken a break from AfC earlier last year after I initially began, because I needed to better understand the process and its purposes. Having accomplished that, and seeing the need for the process, I decided to once again attempt to contribute. Prior to the proverbial "camel's straw", I was having issues with new editors who simply wanted to argue, rather than attempt to understand. But I think I reached a reasonable personal accommodation with that. I had another issue with the number of questions my participation generated which I felt a personal responsibility to answer each and every time. This took an inordinate amount of my time. And it took me away from other activities on Wikipedia which I enjoy (like film and city articles). I could have alleviated that by cutting back, rather than leaving.
- But then to get a comment like that. To be frank, it pissed me off, especially because in order for his comment to have validity, you must presuppose that the AfC process, is by its nature, "bitey", since I simply declined the article, without leaving any remarks. But the bottom line is, I still am not sure that my declining that article, with the references it had at the time, was incorrect. Borderline? Yes. Incorrect? Probably not. I've made errors before, and apologized to the editors... sometimes I missed a piece of information in the article, and once or twice I simply screwed the pooch. Another once or twice I had disagreements with other editors about notability, but we talked it out. But to have a comment made in such an accusatory tone... that just did it for me. I don't need that.
- I want to thank you for your kind words. But the fact that I am still unsure that my declining that article was incorrect, and the tone of that other editor makes it difficult for me to entertain the notion of once again becoming involved in AfC. Good luck with the project, I know it serves a valuable purpose. Onel5969 (talk) 15:51, 13 May 2015 (UTC)
- Andy is but one editor. His opinion matters to that degree, as does mine, as does yours. In other words, enough, but not much. When I review a draft I adopt a simple approach:
- Do I feel competent to assess this topic area? I find Music and Professors hard, so I avoid those, unless they are obvious quick wins.
- Do I find this draft one I can review easily? I go for it and get a quick win.
- Do I need to spend more time on this one? Depends on my mood and state of tiredness. Sometimes I will, sometimes I will not
- Have I had enough for the moment? I go and do something else.
- I care about the quality of my reviews, but, frankly, not that much. They are, mostly, good enough. Some are excellent. Others are poor.
- So, that's what goes through my mind. I find, if I need some fun, that removing crap from the GFOO area is cathartic. If I'm feeling like a challenge I go and play with AFDs.
- I'd like to see you back. I've watched the quality of your reviews rise as you gained expertise, and I've appreciated your time doing it. I respect your decision, if it is made, not to come back, but I hope you will vary that with "for a while". Fiddle Faddle 16:24, 13 May 2015 (UTC)
Hi again, I sent you a message a couple weeks ago, but haven't heard anything yet... You declined the article for SkyTechSport, seen here, https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Draft:SkyTechSport. I have seriously tried everything I can to trim it down and change it to make it sound better. The sources are legit. I know they might not seem it, but they are news reports. I can't control how the reporters talk Alex at SkyTechSport (talk) 20:00, 4 May 2015 (UTC)unfortunately. So I'd REALLY appreciate your help as to what to do to make this article get published! Thanks in advance!!!!
- Hi Alex at SkyTechSport - I can't find your earlier message, so I can't figure out why I didn't respond. Which is unusual, since I try to respond to every message that needs a response. However, I'm no longer involved with the AfC process. You can ask your question at WP:TEAHOUSE, you'll get a pretty prompt response there. Good luck. Onel5969 (talk) 21:30, 4 May 2015 (UTC)
Question Regarding Rejected Article
I wanted to send a message to question why my article has continued to be rejected. I wanted to add an article about a local comedian Des Dowling because he is a known comedian in Australia, particularly in Melbourne and already has quite a few Wikipedia mentions which can be linked to an official page:
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Coxy%27s_Big_Break https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/1116_SEN https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Kinne_(Australian_TV_series)
He is also regularly mentioned in local Melbourne media as a comedian/local celebrity, which is why I wanted to add him to the Wikipedia database. I have added independent media mentions of him to show that he is a prominent local celebrity.
My wikipedia username is samanthalenkic.
Thank you for your time.
Samantha — Preceding unsigned comment added by Samanthalenkic (talk • contribs) 01:52, 6 May 2015 (UTC)
- Hi Samanthalenkic - I'm no longer involved with the AfC process... but if you post your question at WP:TEAHOUSE, someone there will help you, and they are pretty good at responding in a timely fashion. Good luck. Onel5969 (talk) 13:41, 7 May 2015 (UTC)
Deron Triff Image
Thanks for your feedback on my image upload. I've forwarded an email to firstname.lastname@example.org that shows approval from source.
Thanks again, Matt
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/File:Deron_Triff.jpeg — Preceding unsigned comment added by Yahtzee6 (talk • contribs) 16:27, 6 May 2015 (UTC)
when I say notify a project, that doesn't mean you go to their talk and discuss this. it means you notify them if the discussion at the article talk page like this:
"There is a discussion that may be of interest to this project at Talk:Virginia Beach, Virginia#whatever the section title is."
That way no one can accuse you of trying to influence the outcome. BTW, WP:USCITY speaks directly on the issue under discussion. Lastly, I asked for semiprotection on the article due to ongoing edit warring from ip editors. John from Idegon (talk) 04:33, 7 May 2015 (UTC)
- Thanks John from Idegon - will post at USCITY. This is part of the reason why I asked other, more experienced editors. We weren't getting a consensus, indeed, we weren't getting a lot of any sort of response, other than opinions (including my own). Appreciate your input. Onel5969 (talk) 13:34, 7 May 2015 (UTC)
- USCITY is the guideline for settlement articles in the US. The section on notable people sections speaks directly to the issue at hand. you don't need to post anything there. you could use that guideline in your argument. it says what you are supposed to include in a notable list is the wikilinked name, the person's primary notability, and their connection to the city (born, raised, resided). I'm guessing what you are going to end up with "politician convicted of public corruption". John from Idegon (talk) 14:39, 7 May 2015 (UTC)
Seeking Suggestion for Declined Article
How are you? My article about Northwood Mortgage was recently declined by you. Could you please let me know why and which of my references are not strong enough? How could I do better to improve it?
Also, could I start the page as a stub first? I aim to make it as an article eventually. If so, how do I convert it to a stub?
Thank you for your time and advice :)
Regards, Sam — Preceding unsigned comment added by Ssmith1520 (talk • contribs) 19:27, 7 May 2015 (UTC)
- Hi Ssmith1520 - I'm no longer involved in the AfC process. You might want to ask your question at WP:TEAHOUSE. Onel5969 (talk) 03:34, 9 May 2015 (UTC)
Stacy Lentz article
Hey Onel5969, My article was declined almost a month ago and i have made many changes, can you take a look and tell me if it is acceptable please?
thanks, giovanna — Preceding unsigned comment added by Giovannaspica (talk • contribs) 16:51, 8 May 2015 (UTC)
- Hi Giovannaspica - I'm no longer involved with AfC. You might want to ask your question at WP:TEAHOUSE. Onel5969 (talk) 03:36, 9 May 2015 (UTC)
18:11:54, 8 May 2015 review of submission by Suzcommun
Suzcommun (talk) 18:11, 8 May 2015 (UTC)
Hello there, Onel5969! Regarding the rejection of the entry re: Dan Schwab, co-president of technology distributor D&H Distributing: Note I had submitted a previous version with a list of citations (as you requested) and industry awards, of which this executive has actually won several from high tech trade media. That submission was rejected with a note asking not to use "peacock terms designed to promote" the subject. Note they are not my terms; I am only citing the awards from the industry magazines. Can you suggest how I might strike a balance that would be acceptable for a Wiki reviewer? E.g., how about if I only mentioned three of the awards as per below, adding them to the submission?
Your advice would be quite valued by me! See below for a few examples from my earlier material.
Dealerscope Hall of Fame 2015 inductee http://www.dealerscope.com/article/dealerscope-names-2015-hall-fame-class/1Nancy Klosek, “2015 Dealerscope Hall of Fame.” 1/13/15, Dealerscope
CRN Top 100 Executives 2011 – 2014 http://www.crn.com/slide-shows/channel-programs/300073648/the-top-25-channel-sales-leaders-of-2014.htm, Sarah Kuranda, “Top 25 Channel Sales Leaders of 2014,” 8/11/14, CRN
CRN #1 SMB Super Stars (part of the Top 100 Executives List 2011) , Steve Burke, “SMB Super Stars of 2011,” 11/21/11, CRN
Thanks again for your consideration,
- Hi Suzcommun - I'm no longer involved with the AfC process. You might want to ask your question at WP:TEAHOUSE. Onel5969 (talk) 03:38, 9 May 2015 (UTC)
I appreciate your help on this article: https://en.wikipedia.org/w/index.php?title=Draft:Randy_Gage_Author&redirect=no. DGG has declined it saying that Randy Gage is not notable. You and others looked at this page and thought he was notable enough. How do I appeal this? — Preceding unsigned comment added by TriJenn (talk • contribs) 15:02, 9 May 2015 (UTC)
TriJenn (talk) 15:03, 9 May 2015 (UTC)
Groton School Alumni
Regarding this , it does not appear you attempted to discuss this change at the article talk page. You really should have done so to see what others interested in the article think or have to say about it rather than making a unilateral move. -- WV ● ✉ ✓ 15:41, 9 May 2015 (UTC)
- Hi Winkelvi - not sure I agree with you that splitting off long lists needs to be discussed. As per WP:SPINOUT and WP:PROSPLIT. The split was in keeping with other similar articles with similar lengthy lists of notable alumni. If you feel the need for a discussion, by all means start one, and I'll be happy to participate. For an institution as prestigious as Groton, I find it cheapens the subject of the article by having a list of alumni. Much more formal to have a separate list, showing that the institution has so many notable alumni, it requires a separate list. Also see Wikipedia:WikiProject Schools/Article guidelines#Alumni. Cheers. Onel5969 (talk) 16:30, 9 May 2015 (UTC)
- It was certainly WP:BOLD, and I don't disagree that the split was needed, my concerns are that you didn't even attempt to get the opinions of others interested in the article. Doing so would have been courteous as well as appropriate. -- WV ● ✉ ✓ 16:33, 9 May 2015 (UTC)
- Again, we'll have to agree to disagree. I do not hold to the concept that WP:BOLD is discourteous. When I come across an article that has a rather long list, I create a separate page. This is the first time there has been even a hint that there should be discussion, or might be resistance. This is only the second school I've done it for, as most of the lists I've done have to do with cities, being active in the US Cities Project. In fact, almost every time folks actually thank me for the change. I also disagree with your characterization that it would have been appropriate, since the links cited would indicate otherwise. Take care. Onel5969 (talk) 16:39, 9 May 2015 (UTC)
Reference errors on 9 May
Hello, I'm ReferenceBot. I have automatically detected that an edit performed by you may have introduced errors in referencing. It is as follows:
Please check this page and fix the errors highlighted. If you think this is a false positive, you can report it to my operator. Thanks, ReferenceBot (talk) 00:37, 10 May 2015 (UTC)
Question regarding how wikipedia articles work with Google
I was wondering if you could help me understand how Wikipedia articles work with Google? For instance, when I look up "Charles Correa" on Google, I see a box on the right side of my google search results, which shows information extracted from wikipedia. However, this doesn't happen when I search for "Bimal Patel" (https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Bimal_Patel) Infact, this wikipedia page does not even show up in the first few results unless I search "Bimal Patel Wiki/Wikipedia"
Please explain what the logic here is?
ParizadBaria (talk) 09:17, 11 May 2015 (UTC)
- Hi ParizadBaria - I wish I could, but I don't understand it either. I don't use Google all that much, as I prefer Bing, and I haven't noticed that there. In fact, when I create an article on Wikipedia, it shows up rather quickly in that same box on Bing. Onel5969 (talk) 13:44, 11 May 2015 (UTC)
"just a sign of support"
Thank you for quality articles such as Stephen II of Hungary, Laugh and Get Rich and India Speaks, for gnomish watching over films and places in the US, for having served articles for creation substantially, for "No, I do not get paid, I simply do this because I believe in the concept. If you want to pay, make a contribution to the organization.", for combining excellence in copy-editing with kindness, - you are an awesome Wikipedian!
--Gerda Arendt (talk) 12:14, 11 May 2015 (UTC)
- Hi Gerda Arendt! I humbly thank you for your comments. I meant what I said. I truly do believe in this entire concept. Would I like to get paid for doing this? Hell yes, that'd be a blast. But I simply try to watch out for the integrity of the process. Making sure articles remain neutral, looking out for blp issues, and of course overseeing cities and adding to the film and film bios segments. Thanks for noticing. Onel5969 (talk) 15:43, 11 May 2015 (UTC)
Trading Cards Page
Hi Onel5969 You reverted edits I made to the Trading Card page. Can you help me understand why so I can correct the edit?
The page as it read was an advertisement for Spanish company Stampii, listing all their products with links.
What I set out to do was reference all the companies in this market, and explain what a difficult market it is. I felt it was more balanced to list all the companies that have or are in this space?
LetsSticktotheFacts (talk) 16:25, 11 May 2015 (UTC)
- Hi LetsSticktotheFacts - that was a hard one for me, since some of what you did was admirable. My major issue with your edit was two-fold: first, you deleted some information which was cited by a 3rd party reference (i-newswire.com, and the Wildcat lawsuit); second, you inserted raw links into an article (e.g. Fantom), which is a no-no. Rather than inserting raw links, please use them as references, if appropriate. I liked your deletion of the Stampii advertising, however (Sports competitions, etc.). Hope this helps. Onel5969 (talk) 17:07, 11 May 2015 (UTC)
Yes very helpful. Thank you, I will think it through and try again. — Preceding unsigned comment added by LetsSticktotheFacts (talk • contribs) 19:21, 11 May 2015 (UTC)
Jay H. Shidler Article
Hi Onel5969! The Jay Shidler article submission got denied because of referencing/sources. Can you tell me is it because of the Wikipedia references? If not, what type of references are allowed or OK? Newspaper articles, notable online publications? Shere'e Young 02:02, 12 May 2015 (UTC) — Preceding unsigned comment added by CommPac (talk • contribs)
- Hi CommPac - I'm no longer involved in the AfC process, but if you ask your question at WP:TEAHOUSE, someone will get back to you shortly. Make sure you include a link to your draft. Good luck. Onel5969 (talk) 15:20, 13 May 2015 (UTC)
Tokyo File 212
Hi, since you are familiar with Hollywood films, I would like to ask you a question. I cam across this ad for Strictly Dishonorable and Tokyo File 212. Does this mean that they were shown as double feature? Also is it possible that a trailer for the film wasn't made? I tried to find at Google but there are no results that show a trailer.--Skr15081997 (talk) 06:08, 12 May 2015 (UTC)
- Hi Skr15081997 - Yes, the blurb is talking about the films starting at Pontiac that coming Saturday, then mentions the comedy as well as Tokyo File. Very doubtful a trailer wasn't made. Take a look here. Good luck on the FA. Onel5969 (talk) 12:19, 12 May 2015 (UTC)
- Thanks for your help. I'll keep expanding the article. Regards, --Skr15081997 (talk) 13:09, 12 May 2015 (UTC)
ok — Preceding unsigned comment added by Spacemoontroll (talk • contribs) 15:04, 12 May 2015 (UTC)
A Phoenix for you
|A Phoenix for you Hafspajen (talk) 22:34, 12 May 2015 (UTC)
Could you please dialectely elaborate your deletion of "sophister" in the article: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Sophist and why it goes against your set of beliefs.
BR — Preceding unsigned comment added by 126.96.36.199 (talk) 14:15, 14 May 2015 (UTC)
I have now submitted my entry five times. Each time I have improved the references. Can you please advise why you feel our compnay is not notable? What other references do I need to provide. The financial services industry does not use much print media. It is all online. Your direction on this would be appreicaed. The reason we submitted our first entry last year was because someone (I don't know who) create an entry about our company and it was incorrect. But someone must have felt we were notable back in 2014 to allow the entry to remain. Now, when I have tried to provide correct, verifiable information about the company I keep being told we are not 'notable' enough. How can we now not be notable when there was an entry created about us before that was OK? Pelase advise. thank you. Maplepond (talk) 06:46, 15 May 2015 (UTC)
- (talk page stalker) So are you saying there is already an article on this (pretty obviously your) company in the encyclopedia? John from Idegon (talk) 07:34, 15 May 2015 (UTC)
- Maplepond - I see you've already asked your question at WP:TEAHOUSE, and that's the correct place to ask, since I'm no longer involved in the AfC process. Onel5969 (talk) 13:17, 15 May 2015 (UTC)
John, yes there was an article created last year by someone but I replaced with a new article about our company that was factually correct. Now I keep being told the company is not notable enough even though all I did was update the information. Can you please assist me to get the updated entry approved. thank you. Maplepond (talk) 04:20, 17 May 2015 (UTC)
09:51:02, 15 May 2015 review of submission by 188.8.131.52
184.108.40.206 (talk) 09:51, 15 May 2015 (UTC) Hello, I am trying to publish my first ever article in wikipedia :) This is the third time I am submitting my article. However this time I used all the online tools wikipedia has, like the live chat and I took into consideration all the suggestions and correction people said to me. So I am really hoping for someone to review my article! I submitted it two weeks ago so can you please let me know when someone can review it? Thank you very much!
Hello Onel5969, hope you are well. I have submit for the thrid time my article for wikipeida to review. Can you please let me know how long it will take? the first time took around 4 weeks, the second time few days and this time I am still waiting after 2 weeks, I think. I really want for my article to be published since it's my first! I would really appriciate it if you can have a look when you have some time. The link is: https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Draft:RIAS_insurance Tank you!! — Preceding unsigned comment added by 220.127.116.11 (talk) 10:31, 15 May 2015 (UTC)
- Hi. I'm no longer involved in the AfC process. You can ask your question at WP:TEAHOUSE, and someone will answer rather promptly. Onel5969 (talk) 13:19, 15 May 2015 (UTC)
Request on 16:32:05, 15 May 2015 for assistance on AfC submission by Yahtzee6
Hi Onel5969 - I had worked via the wiki chat room to edit the Deron Triff page I worked on. I provided links to well-known third party sites and listed more references than I see on many other pages. Can you provide a bit more insight on why this was turned down? Just want to update accordingly. Thanks!
Yahtzee6 (talk) 16:32, 15 May 2015 (UTC)
- Yahtzee6 - Hi. I'm no longer involved in the AfC process. You can ask your question at WP:TEAHOUSE, and someone will answer rather promptly. Onel5969 (talk) 13:41, 17 May 2015 (UTC)
22:02:26, 15 May 2015 review of submission by Teamwesley
Can you please advise as to what needs to be changed. I felt as though the peacock terms and opinions were removed and left only factual information. If you could give me sine examples of structure that needs to be corrected, I would be so very grateful. Thank you!
Teamwesley (talk) 22:02, 15 May 2015 (UTC)
- Teamwesley - Hi. I'm no longer involved in the AfC process. You can ask your question at WP:TEAHOUSE, and someone will answer rather promptly. Onel5969 (talk) 13:41, 17 May 2015 (UTC)
08:50:00, 17 May 2015 review of Philip Kapneck submission
I contacted the Maryland University Archives and they sent me two PDFs containing newspaper clippings from the 1970s and other associated information.
I have referenced some of these in the article and I added new information.
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Draft:Philip_Kapneck — Preceding unsigned comment added by Photoloop (talk • contribs) 11:08, 17 May 2015 (UTC)
One of the clippings contains a photo of the subject "Philip Kapneck" and Maryland Governor Mandel. You can see it here: Baltimore Evening Sun Clipping With photo of Kapneck and Governor Mandel
Can I clip this photo and upload it to Wikipedia as pubic domain, or do I need to get permission from the Baltimore Sun? - I can't find this newspaper online anywhere.
Amazing I did just find the image: http://baltimoresun.imagefortress.com/search/index?adv[query]=kapneck
Here are the Sun's terms of service: http://baltimoresun.imagefortress.com/home/tos "The imagery offered on this site may be used for non-commercial, educational and/or informational purposes only. This general permission does not extend to any use of copyrighted or trademarked content or material protected by individual publicity rights which may be included in this collection. Downloading and/or using images from this site does not grant you any ownership rights in the imagery."
Another question: Did I correctly reference the offline newspaper clippings?
Thanks for your help.
--Photoloop (talk) 08:50, 17 May 2015 (UTC)
- Hi Photoloop - I'm no longer involved in the AfC process, but if you ask your question at the Teahouse, folks will respond pretty quickly. Glad to see you progressing so well. I would answer your question regarding the photo, but simply do not know how. Good luck. Onel5969 (talk) 13:43, 17 May 2015 (UTC)
John, yes there was an articlte pulbished by someone unknown to the company in Feb 2014. But it was completely wrong. I was asked by our MD to update it and I have now tried five times. Each time I am told the company is not notable. Yet it was considered notable when someone else did it even though there was not references included and nothing that in any way could be used to verify the information was correct. It wasn't. We just want to include an artilce about the company that is correct. Can you please help me get this done? I have inlcuded many verifiable sources now and we are one of the fastes growing life insurance companies in Australia. Our anticendents go back 40 years! Thanks for your help. Maplepond (talk) 23:01, 17 May 2015 (UTC)
Hello! There is a DR/N request you may have interest in.
This message is being sent to let you know of a discussion at the Wikipedia:Dispute resolution noticeboard regarding a content dispute discussion you may have participated in. Content disputes can hold up article development and make editing difficult for editors. You are not required to participate, but you are both invited and encouraged to help this dispute come to a resolution. Please join us to help form a consensus. Thank you! Robert McClenon (talk) 16:02, 18 May 2015 (UTC)
Onel5969, edits made by User:18.104.22.168 adding links to geotechdata.info are not good faith edits. He's been blocked twice for spamming those links already. Argyriou (talk) 17:14, 19 May 2015 (UTC)
Mike Jones article
Hello, you declined the following article:
It is about Mike Jones, who was well known in in the UK for his murals and other artworks. There are numerous references to this in the article, so I was wondering if you could be a bit more specific as to what references we should be supplying?
Thanks in advance for any help. — Preceding unsigned comment added by Willygg (talk • contribs) 18:23, 20 May 2015 (UTC)
- Hi Willygg - I no longer participate in the AfC process, but if you post your questions at the Teahouse, someone will answer rather promptly. Happy editing! Onel5969 (talk) 13:18, 21 May 2015 (UTC)
Casa Dario rio
i would like to know why my contribution was not submitted?
Att, Danilo Alencar — Preceding unsigned comment added by Danilofrey (talk • contribs) 20:56, 20 May 2015 (UTC)
- Hi Danilofrey - I'm not sure what you're talking about, but if you meant an article you wrote was declined, I no longer participate in the AfC process, but if you post your questions at the Teahouse, someone will answer rather promptly. Be sure to include a link to the article you have a question about. Happy editing! Onel5969 (talk) 13:20, 21 May 2015 (UTC)
See IMAGES. -- GoodDay (talk) 02:51, 21 May 2015 (UTC)
- Hi GoodDay - Thank you for pointing that out. After I reverted, I thought that I should have asked the question on the talk page, rather than reverting, but had already hit the enter button. I'm sure the rule exists for a formatting purpose on mobile devices, since it doesn't make any sense aesthetically. Again, thanks for pointing me in the right direction. Onel5969 (talk) 13:25, 21 May 2015 (UTC)
- No prob ;) GoodDay (talk) 13:26, 21 May 2015 (UTC)
Ending Functional Illiteracy
Hello! I recently edited out the section on "Ending Functional Illiteracy" @ http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Functional_illiteracy
- It seems as though this has become a highly contentious edit. I understand there was much time and thought put into the creation of this article, however, this subsection (and many of the others, though they've been cleaned up a bit) has become a hot mess. I don't have much interest in the subject personally, but in fairness it really is just a peddling of the author's views and book, as evidenced by his own citation of himself and the self-discussion on his own book in the final note. I, and many others as it would seem, are in agreement that this particular section either needs to be put in it's own heading, or to scrap the entire thing as it doesn't much pertain directly to the subject of functional illiteracy, and is a strictly written from a point of opinion. This is NOT the proper format for an encyclopedia. Continuing to repost the questionable text is just enabling, if it's not constructive, then it is better off just being left out altogether.22.214.171.124 (talk) 14:31, 21 May 2015 (UTC)
- hey, I noticed you put a POV tag on Disaster Social Work, but didn't explain the nature of your POV concerns on the article's talk page. [You don't need to explain here to me, becuse I know absolutely nothing about the topic, and your explanation would be lost on me, sorry!]. Tks. • Arch♦Reader 21:39, 21 May 2015 (UTC)
Thanks for all your work making Wikipedia better. We could stand to lose quite a few more adjectives like the ones at Lusophone! Keep up the good work! Jacona (talk) 12:59, 22 May 2015 (UTC)
Embraer E-Jet E2
I highly suggest you read the STiki policies again! Especially this part concerning good faith revert: "Sometimes edits are clearly unconstructive" How can an edit that is factually right be clearly unconstructive? That doesn't make any sense at all. FYI: ILFC is aleasing company and no Airline! So please stop abusing STiki in the future! 126.96.36.199 (talk) 17:31, 22 May 2015 (UTC)
- I highly recommend you do the same. An edit can be correct from a factual standpoint, and yet create confusion in an article if it is of a technical aspect. In addition, your edit is factually incorrect. Did ILFC lease the equipment from itself? That's what your edit results in stating. No, the airline leased the equipment from ILFC. If you wanted to use a more technical term, lessee would be the correct term. But seeing as the article refers to the airline (not the lessee) earlier in its prose, a less confusing option to the average reader would be airline. Might I suggest you self-revert, so that you can correct your error? And try to maintain civil discourse. Onel5969 (talk) 18:07, 22 May 2015 (UTC)
- The ILFC order is speculative, which means for now they are buying the aircrafts for themselves, there is no airline yet. They first have to find an airline willing to lease them, but that's not my point. My Point is that you were using STiki to revert an edit despite knowing that it was neither vandalism nor clearly unconstructive and that is prohibited according to STiki rules! So why don't you try to maintain civil discourse and admit your fault.188.8.131.52 (talk) 21:48, 22 May 2015 (UTC)
- The edit was clearly unconstructive. A constructive edit is either helpful, or improves the article. The edit I reverted did neither. In the best case scenario, it made the article more difficult to understand to the average reader (the definition of unhelpful), and in the worst case scenario it was incorrect in which case it did the opposite of improving the article. If your above scenario is correct, the entire sentence needs to be re-written, since it is entirely unclear at the moment. Once again, I suggest you learn a bit more about non-constructive edits, before you continue to defend them. As for now, I'm done talking to someone who has no willingness to understand their error. Any further comments from you on my page will be treated as harassment and erased. Good day. Onel5969 (talk) 22:34, 22 May 2015 (UTC)
I was checking the revision to Tampa, Florida, and noted that you undid an edit because you stated that the extra period was not extra. What's the grammatical rule you're using for that? I have a pretty comprehensive command of American and British English, and have never seen a functional standard usage of two periods at the end of a sentence. Boomshadow talk contribs 01:21, 25 May 2015 (UTC)
- Hi Boomshadow - Hmmm. That's interesting. In my edit screen, it still only shows a single period, but I see that when you read the actual article there are two there. Onel5969 (talk) 13:20, 25 May 2015 (UTC)
- Probably one of those weird code things. Thanks for getting back to me, though! Boomshadow talk contribs 14:45, 27 May 2015 (UTC)
Re-submission of a CaratLane article
Hi Onel5969! This is in reference to https://en.wikipedia.org/w/index.php?title=Draft:CaratLane&oldid=663904340
I have changed it according to your suggestions and re-submitted it. You asked me to let you know when this happened!
Thanks very much!
([[User:Kiranbramakrishna|Kiranbramakrishna]]|[[User talk:Kiranbramakrishna|t]] )([[User:Kiranbramakrishna|COI]]) (talk) 04:43, 25 May 2015 (UTC)
- Hi Kiranbramakrishna - I'm no longer active in the AfC process, but I see you've resubmitted the article. Another editor will review it as it comes up in the queue. Good luck. Onel5969 (talk) 13:24, 25 May 2015 (UTC)
Thanks and thank you for your advice!` ([[User:Kiranbramakrishna|Kiranbramakrishna]]|[[User talk:Kiranbramakrishna|t]] )([[User:Kiranbramakrishna|COI]]) (talk) 10:25, 26 May 2015 (UTC)
Pyaar Kii Ye Ek Kahaani
Hello. i just wanted to ask why do you keep reverting my changes. i read your plot or the story which was good but was missing a lot of important parts from the story .Please stop reverting and consider my changes. — Preceding unsigned comment added by Anily30 (talk • contribs) 20:15, 25 May 2015 (UTC)
- Hi Anily30 - First, 2 things. #1 - please sign your comments on talkpages with the four ~. That let's someone know who is asking the question. #2 - It also helps to explain what you're talking about.
- Now as to why you're being reverted. Several reasons. First, and most importantly, your edits are uncited. The article is already suffering from a lack of sources, so any additional info added to the article without a citation is going to be reverted. Second, your edits suffer from poor grammar and punctuation. The article has undergone a c/e, so edits which need heavy additional c/e will most likely be deleted if they don't appear to add anything of value to the plot, except unnecessary additional details. Third, the plot section of the article is already at the limit for the size of a plot, so any additions to it will be deleted (I've just added a comment note to the plot section to let others know about this last item). Hope this clears it up for you. Onel5969 (talk) 20:38, 25 May 2015 (UTC)
Daphna Oyserman Contribution
I have been working on a contribution for Daphna Oyserman (a well-known cultural and social psychologist) and I am not sure what else I need to add to prove that she is a notable figure (she shaped the way people think about culture and how it influences cognition/the way people think).
Any advice would be hugely appreciated!
Thanks so much.
My username is CA KiwiNZ and you reviewed my article.
CA KiwiNZ (talk) 21:52, 27 May 2015 (UTC)
I know that you are too busy to take up a c/e. But for god's sake, can you c/e this article? I cant think of a better copy-editor than you for now. If you can't do it, inform me the same ASAP. Looking forward for your reply. Thank you. Pavanjandhyala (talk) 14:50, 28 May 2015 (UTC)