|Threads older than 90 days may be archived by.|
- 1 DRN needs assistance
- 2 Request on 22:02:01, 17 January 2015 for assistance on AfC submission by Logicmaker103
- 3 Request on 21:58:52, 18 January 2015 for assistance on AfC submission by BMRG1
- 4 Removed
- 5 User talk:No.ob.11.111
- 6 Please comment on WP:AN#Closure review: Wikipedia:WikiProject Articles for creation/RfC to physically restrict access to the Helper Script
- 7 A post of mine you flagged
- 8 Beyonders Page
- 9 04:59:59, 20 February 2015 review of submission by Himanshu Suri
- 10 You've got mail!
- 11 Request on 09:10:07, 15 March 2015 for assistance on AfC submission by Zaveri chintan
- 12 Please don't discuss article talk page material in my user talk page
- 13 If I offended you I appologize
- 14 Bristol Bay Native Corporation (BBNC) Fish First Award
- 15 Need advice on resubmission
- 16 A "User talk" page mention.
- 17 Question
- 18 Followup
- 19 Need more feedback
- 20 Draft declined due to lack of sources
- 21 08:32:35, 19 March 2015 review of submission by Aruppillai
- 22 Penguins
- 23 Re: I'm also getting tired
- 24 Request on 03:24:53, 28 March 2015 for assistance on AfC submission by 220.127.116.11
- 25 Your submission at Articles for creation: Edith Hirsch (economist) (March 29)
- 26 AfC notification: Draft:Edith Hirsch (economist) has a new comment
DRN needs assistance
We have a backlog of cases there which need volunteer attention. If you have time available, please take one or more of these cases.
If you do not intend to take cases or help with the administration of DRN on a regular basis, or if you do not wish to receive further notices of this nature, please remove your username from the volunteer list. If you later decide to resume activities at DRN you may relist your name at that time.
Best regards, TransporterMan 15:52, 8 January 2015 (UTC) (current DRN coordinator)
I am inquiring about the approval for the article "Rosa Maria Palomino" (January 5) that you reviewed. I have looked over the submission and made the necessary correction.
In this case, I had an uncited section. I corrected the article by removing the section because I could not find a third-party source, meaning the section is not a significant part of her biography and probably should not be discussed in the Wikipedia article.
thanks for taking the trouble to read my would be entry on the Belfast Metropolitan Residents' Group (BMRG).
It was returned on the 5th, with the guidance that it should be more encyclopedic in tone and avoid (excellent phrase!) peacock terms. Perfectly reasonable comment.
I would like to amend the document and submit it again. In doing this, it would be very helpful if you could pick a couple of the worst offending sentences and 'clean' them for me, as examples of the tone that would be acceptable to you.
I could then work to that tone and hopefully produce an acceptable entry. This could cut out a lot of swithering and maybe messing around or sending the piece back and forward as I try to find the right pitch.
With thanks, yours, Peter Carr
thank you for your comment on the 20th. There will be a difficulty in that the BMRG is in fact a small unfunded organization that has (somehow) disproportionately affected planning policy in Northern Ireland. The feeling of powerless is real and persists today. It prompted the group's foundation. The policy modifications that derive from the BMRG's work have come after long struggles. That is the fact of the matter.
Greenfield-led housing provision is supplying a society's housing needs by building primarily on greenfield sites. Brownfield-led is when the emphasis is on meeting housing need by building within existing towns and cities. These are policy emphases determined by government. The BMRG's impact on local communities (your substitution) has been indirect, it's direct impact has been on policy. It has only had an impact on communities when policy has been translated into building patterns (i.e strengthening urban communities when new houses are built and new people arrive there, and stabilizing urban peripheries by preventing needless building on the city's edge and in the countryside). Their work has (through the brownfield building target mentioned in the article) meant that more housing has been built within cities rather than on green fields (which gives us the term greenfield building, a greenfield-led approach, etc),
- @18.104.22.168: Yeah, I know. I also know that he's also created it at least once before. So I'm having it speedy deleted again. Thank you for trying to let me know, though. Origamiteⓣⓒ 22:24, 10 February 2015 (UTC)
Please comment on WP:AN#Closure review: Wikipedia:WikiProject Articles for creation/RfC to physically restrict access to the Helper Script
Hello! You have been selected to receive an invitation to participate in the closure review for the recent RfC regarding the AfC Helper script. You've been chosen because you participated in the original RfC. Should you wish to respond, your contribution to this discussion will be appreciated. This message is automated. Replies will not be noticed. --QEDK ♠ T ♥ C 14:25, 18 February 2015 (UTC)
A post of mine you flagged
You recently flagged something I posted. I am new to editing so could you please help me fix what is wrong with my post? — Preceding unsigned comment added by Sean.Begley (talk • contribs) 17:39, 18 February 2015 (UTC)
- @Sean.Begley: I did not accept your edit because it did not cite the information on Abdelnour's degree. In addition, the part about the 20 years of experience seemed misleading. Finally, your edit summary was misleading; no sources were provided. Hope this helps. Origamiteⓣⓒ 17:44, 18 February 2015 (UTC)
Ok, so I need a degree citation. What part of the 20 years seems misleading? Please specify so I can fix it. Regarding the summary, I added source #5, did I not do it correctly? — Preceding unsigned comment added by Sean.Begley (talk • contribs) 17:59, 18 February 2015 (UTC)
- @Sean.Begley: I believe citation 5 existed beforehand. It didn't appear misleading, it appeared mildly promotional and unsourced. Origamiteⓣⓒ 18:04, 18 February 2015 (UTC)
I am adding more INFO that is accurate to the entire beyonder origins David A. is putting RL into the fictional world i am just editing it to be more informtional. Beyonder (talk) 15:36, 19 February 2015 (UTC)BeyonderGod
- @BeyonderGod: Perhaps, but your edits mangle the article's english, and I cannot see evidence that they are more correct. The statements about the guidebook are uncited. Origamiteⓣⓒ 15:41, 19 February 2015 (UTC)
- @BeyonderGod: That appears to be the Living Tribunal, not the Beyonder. Origamiteⓣⓒ 15:54, 19 February 2015 (UTC)
- @BeyonderGod: This is the citation, and it does not mention him. Origamiteⓣⓒ 16:31, 19 February 2015 (UTC)
- @Origamite: if you did read it then you [] because clearly HE was MENTIONED I dont see why you try to play it off like you did. Beyonder (talk) 17:32, 19 February 2015 (UTC)BeyonderGod
04:59:59, 20 February 2015 review of submission by Himanshu Suri
The White Hat SEO part hasn't been that self expalanatory in the SEO article and that's why I came up with this article so that users can benefit. Teh notification that I received was that there is an isssue with the References, so now I have changed the references and then asked for a re-review.
You've got mail!
Nahnah4 (talk | contribs | guestbook) 08:55, 11 March 2015 (UTC)
It's about https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Draft:Unreliable_hadeeths. Some sources may not be reliable but not all. And why do you suppose that my article contain original research --Dare4 (talk) 20:59, 14 March 2015 (UTC)
I left a message on https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Draft:Unreliable_hadeeths --Dare4 (talk) 20:57, 15 March 2015 (UTC)
What do you think about my new version ? https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Draft:Unreliable_hadeeths --Dare4 (talk) 10:41, 17 March 2015 (UTC)
I modified the article--Dare4 (talk) 16:38, 17 March 2015 (UTC)
I left a message on https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Draft:Unreliable_hadeeths --Dare4 (talk) 21:58, 20 March 2015 (UTC)
I left a message on https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Draft:Unreliable_hadeeths on 24 March 2015. Thanks. --Dare4 (talk) 19:43, 27 March 2015 (UTC)
I left a new message on https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Draft:Unreliable_hadeeths. Thanks. --Dare4 (talk) 09:17, 28 March 2015 (UTC)
Please don't discuss article talk page material in my user talk page
You have tried to discuss mergers of articles in my user talk page. the user talk page isn't where we want to discuss articles. if you want you can post in any of the article talk page with the article you want to talk about. My user page isn't for article conversation. Thank you in advance and have a nice day. Bryce Carmony (talk) 02:38, 16 March 2015 (UTC)
If I offended you I appologize
Judging by your repeated attempts to get me banned, I am guessing that somehow I have offended you. If that is the case, please allow me to apologize, it is not my intention to offend you. When I read WP:NPOV and it says that it is non negotiable I make a merger proposals. I want to involve more than just 1 articles worth of editors so I make a few merger proposals. I don't know what about that is "Pointy" but I am sorry, if you chose to continue to attempt to get me banned from Wikipedia I understand, but let it be known my objective isn't to offend you it's a sincere attempt to address a discrepancy between what our policy says, and what we are doing. Bryce Carmony (talk) 12:33, 16 March 2015 (UTC)
- @Bryce Carmony: Let me clarify my position. I am annoyed by the fact that some of your mergers are proposed without stopping to consider the article in question. That is what feels somewhat pointy, and NPOV is not having an article with more criticism than quite literally every other section of the article combined. I am frustrated by your assumption that a mildly hostile environment will deter women more than men. I am not trying to get you banned; I am trying to get you to reconsider your actions of blanking your talk page after criticism and calling it "spam and harassment". I respect what you are doing, and what you have already done with some articles and mergers, but I feel that you are not considering the articles in the name of NPOV. Origamiteⓣⓒ 14:28, 16 March 2015 (UTC)
- I admit that my first few mergers didn't realize how controversial this would be. That's why my merger proposals became more detailed. look at an early proposal like talk:Communism vs a later proposal such as talk:Yahoo! I am trying to make the process better. I always consider the article. ( that is why I'm not trying to merge Art criticism with Art. My assumption is based in observation and feedback from non-wikipedians, I observe that Wikipedia is hostile ( there are articles that convey this point, and even articles that cite this for why women don't edit ) added to that the fact that my friends have given this as a reason, It is a view that I hold, not becuase I think women are "delicate" or something like that. But because the information I have access to points me in that direction. When you go to an admin and say "This person is "pointy" that to me feels like you are trying to get me banned, you're more then welcome to engage in the discussion, but I feel like you try and cricumvent the dicussion. can we please try and find common ground. For example, do you see a difference in Film criticism and Criticism of reality television ? Bryce Carmony (talk) 18:46, 16 March 2015 (UTC)
Bristol Bay Native Corporation (BBNC) Fish First Award
Hello, Thank you for the review of the Bristol Bay Native Corporation Fish First page. I added a couple of citations and a link to a newspaper showing a list of winners for the event, that included the Fish First award. This is my first attempt, so any help is appreciated. thank you! c CaseyWriter (talk) 19:13, 16 March 2015 (UTC) CaseyWriter
Need advice on resubmission
Hello, Thank you for your comments on my page. In resubmitting, I would greatly appreciate if you could look over the new draft and let me know if I have corrected your concerns. The page is Draft: Jan Karlin.
A "User talk" page mention.
While not mentioned explicitly, you are mentioned implicitly, and very much on purpose, in my comments to another editor I believe you may have met on some of these non-article pages. Since that is the case, I feel you have the right to know what I wrote. The reference, in case my comment is a TL;DR, is to "first remark", 2nd to last paragraph. —Aladdin Sane (talk) 06:08, 17 March 2015 (UTC)
- @Aladdin Sane: Thank you for notifying me of your comment. I, personally, find it very hard to drop the stick after the horse is dead. That's why, after the first comment and one other suggesting that Luke and Andy back off and let uninvolved editors in, I have worked as hard as possible not to voice an opinion. At the moment, I am against any sanction; I only started the AN/I to get other opinions and to help Bryce realize what the problem was with the mass mergers and civility, and now I believe he has. Origamiteⓣⓒ 14:02, 17 March 2015 (UTC)
- I agree with your general strategy. Not all parts of the horse are dead (need we go on with this metaphor, it gets quite gory). I disagree with some of your specifics. The ban/block proposal for six months is still being mulled at User:Bryce Carmony and civility, as of the moment, prior to the archiving of it. As I've opined recently, I should write a well researched essay WP:Criticism of ANI. I find this title ironic, based on our recent editor's problems. While I would not dissuade your input there, I've instituted a 36 hour self block on myself, because of the responses to date. —Aladdin Sane (talk) 14:35, 17 March 2015 (UTC)
- O/T If I may advise: Go anywhere but AN/I to get other opinions. Enlisting a 3rd editor is great, done it myself. WP:DR I've no negative opinions of. But unleash ANI: There you go, just read it. Read the archives; it's a fucking Star Chamber. Was that what you meant when you submitted it? I don't parse that. You meant to give him a wet noodle. Now he's up to being blocked from all edits for up to 34,560 hours; six months? Is this what you proposed? Stay thee clear from ANI, there are alternatives. —Aladdin Sane (talk) 15:03, 17 March 2015 (UTC)
Hi, thanks for your response. I purposefully deleted the early life section as I could not reference where Ms. Karlin grew up and attended college. Should that be added back in light of your latest comment, and how should it be handled that these items cannot be referenced? I certainly see similar sections on many other pages. Please advise how to have an intro without references. Many thanks! Katya1812 (talk) 21:28, 17 March 2015 (UTC)
Hi, I appreciate your response very much. I have added back some of the intro, but of course these are things that I have no way of citing with references. However, I have added citations to the highlights section since my last submission. Could you kindly look it over and let me know if you think this has a better chance of being accepted for submission? Any comments or suggestions will be greatly appreciated. Thanks! Katya1812 (talk) 17:39, 18 March 2015 (UTC)
Need more feedback
Hi, I hope you feel better soon. When you are feeling better, some specifics from you would be very helpful. I don't know how college degrees and employment are promotional, so please let me know exactly what is the problem as I'm not clear on this. Many thanks! Katya1812 (talk) 20:09, 18 March 2015 (UTC)
Draft declined due to lack of sources
hi , i have added the sources/references for the draft canned cycle. please check it again as i have submitted it for re-review. — Preceding unsigned comment added by Amit307d (talk • contribs) 05:51, 19 March 2015 (UTC)
08:32:35, 19 March 2015 review of submission by Aruppillai
Re: I'm also getting tired
Personally, I have been trying to reason with him for 8 months, starting on Wikia, from which he was eventually permanently banned by staff for consistent offensive and unreasonable trolling, including uploading several long homophobic slur insults on several other people's user pages, widespread systematic lying about founding the "Outskirts Battledome" internet community, which he had nothing to do with, massive edit-warring with entire wikia communities, and writing a guide in how to efficiently troll people. I have heard that he has also been banned from several other communities. Given his history of unreasonably consistently attacking me with slurs and lies, I don't think that it is possible to reason with him. For example, he stubbornly refuses to understand how spatial dimensions work, and that this is not the same thing as when "dimension" is used for "pocket universe". Quite frankly, I have no idea how to deal with Sean. David A (talk) 03:56, 25 March 2015 (UTC)
Well, Wiki staff deleted his various wikis due to them either plagiarising the copyrighted name of another community, containing said long homophobic slurs, or the guide to trolling, but you can check with the staff member "SemanticDrifter", if you wish for confirmation. He also wrote a new guide here, and another about how to get emotional reactions out of people here. In addition, after he returned after his global ban to troll the "VsBattles" wiki, where I am an admin, over hundreds of IP posts, I deleted most of them, and I requested to Urban Dictionary that they should remove his homophobic slurs about me there. However, here is a somewhat clumsy description with links that I did earlier on wikipedia. Also, here is a lying insulting attack thread that he made about me together with an apparent sockpuppet (or at least the member only had 57 posts in total, and hasn't posted anything since) after I thought that we had came to an agreement on this site to leave each other alone/not mention each other at all outside of Wikipedia, which I had upheld. Here are links to various communities from which he has been banned. And here is a thread that he made in which he is shown as completely flippant and unrepentant about it. Blaming the consequences of his behaviour on everybody else. David A (talk) 06:35, 25 March 2015 (UTC)