|20 May 2015|
Hello after the edit-a-thon
Hullo there, thank you again for today, 'twas awesome! Off the back of the session, I have a favour to ask... :)
- @PatHadley: Lol, it has a title now!!! Just Worked those out. :D
I am an artist and while I will be starting to get local Artist bios up on here, I don't want to do my own!!! No worries if asking this is too cheeky, my bf has already volunteered :) that would mean explaining it all to him though, eek!
- @Hoshidee: You definitely need to be a bit careful about that. The policy on autobiographies is worth a good look. You'll need lots of third-party sources. In the meantime, I'm tidying Rosalind Forster now. I hope it's ok but some of the language 'borrowed' from the gallery sites was a bit puffy. PatHadley (talk) 19:37, 8 March 2015 (UTC)
- @PatHadley:Just as well I didn't go there. Nah, self-promotion does not sit easily with me as it is, the fact there is a policy is enough to put me off that; I have enough policies in my life as it is!!! Will have to wait and hope someone deigns me important enough some day. Rosalind Forster wise - no problem, once I started editing, I noticed allsorts - added tons of commas... couldn't decide on some things such as GB vs UK, so left them alone! :D Hoshidee (talk) 19:44, 8 March 2015 (UTC)
- @Hoshidee: - What's up? The notability tag? We'll get past it. Need to find more reliable sources that have no promotional basis. :) PatHadley (talk) 19:53, 8 March 2015 (UTC)
@PatHadley: Thanks!!! :) Think I may contact Rosalind herself to ask about books, magazines, journals etc. she may have been featured in. Is that acceptable wiki-etiquette? (Last Q, I promise!) Hoshidee (talk) 20:15, 8 March 2015 (UTC)
- @Hoshidee: Sure - as long as you read what she might send with a critical eye. I'd do some more googling too. Need to find at least two sources that are not trying to sell her work in any way. (There are no last questions! I keep asking them too!) PatHadley (talk) 20:35, 8 March 2015 (UTC)
Hi Pat, just uploaded some of the images I took today and created a category, ArtAndFeminism_2015/Wakefield to store them, which appears to be the A&F standard for other events. Sam Walton (talk) 22:19, 8 March 2015 (UTC)
Hi Pat, just wondering if you can find any evidence of this abbey having existed? I came across the article and thought I'd see if I could find something to expand it with but can't find a single mention of it outside of Wikipedia mirrors online. Sam Walton (talk) 11:29, 18 March 2015 (UTC)
- @Samwalton9: Intriguing! My only suggestion is that it's a mix up with what Wikipedia calls Neasham Priory but the old maps and Archaeology Data Service seem to refer to as 'Neasham Abbey' just south-east of Darlington. This record refers to some work on the site back in the 90s but there's more on the ADS and on google too. Time for a redirect? Hope that helps! PatHadley (talk) 12:43, 18 March 2015 (UTC)
Hi. Thank you for your recent edits. Wikipedia appreciates your help. We noticed though that when you edited Pickering Castle, you added a link pointing to the disambiguation page Ministry of Works (check to confirm | fix with Dab solver). Such links are almost always unintended, since a disambiguation page is merely a list of "Did you mean..." article titles. Read the FAQ • Join us at the DPL WikiProject.
Next meetups in North England
Hello. Would you be interested in attending one of the next wikimeets in the north of England? They will take place in:
If you can make them, please sign up on the relevant wikimeet page!
If you want to receive future notifications about these wikimeets, then please add your name to the notification list (or remove it if you're already on the list and you don't want to receive future notifications!)
- Actually it's ok, I've seen how on the help box... Cheers anyway! Posyjowett (talk) 15:39, 22 April 2015 (UTC)
Thanks for the note. After lunch today I walked from Walmgate to YourBikeShed at Micklegate Bar (about 13 minutes). It wasn't very busy so I had a look around, chatted a bit to the lady behind the counter (they have wine as well as beer), went downstairs where there was only one occupied table (looking like a meeting!) and everything looked fine, plus, as you say, it's not far from the station. Shall I pass this on to Bazonka? Best, GuillaumeTell (talk) 17:42, 28 April 2015 (UTC)
- Hi, Thanks for doing this! Much appreciated. Shall we just go ahead and edit the meetup page? PatHadley (talk) 09:50, 8 May 2015 (UTC)
St Mary's Castlegate
There is a page for St Mary's Church, Castlegate, York. I'd be keen to see these articles expanded with more information. I've got a few sources, but mostly old newspapers, and details of the organs.