|Welcome to my talk page!
Next: 19 Nov 2014
Last: 23 Oct 2014
|Current obsessions: List of maritime features in the Spratly Islands|
|Current distractions: Trying VERY hard for it NOT to be either Oddfellows or Odd Fellows.|
Good morning my friend. Your reaction is exactly what I did a few days ago as well. But as it turns out, it is correct as part of the Order of Australia Ordinances. There is however an active discussion on User:AusTerrapin's talk page. Nford24 (PE121 Personnel Request Form) 22:14, 2 February 2015 (UTC)
Hi and sorry I did not respond earlier. I simply missed your message. The colours of the Australian MSM ribbon were based on the Medal Yearbook (can't remember the issue right now - I will check and will let you know) and on the webpage http://www.mhsa.org.au/QldBranch.html, where Keith Payne's medals are depicted. The stripes on his MSM ribbon are definitely green, although in a very dark shade. I will say that the stripes on the Australian War Memorial web page also come out dark green, at least on my screen.
What regards the year 1985, I first thought I had just mistyped the year, but then I looked back at the picture page and could not find the year anywhere on it. Where did you find it?
PS: I like very much your Wiki page about the Australian MSM.
- Howdy. Thanks for responding. Yes, despite the "darkness" of various renditions, the stripes are indeed green.
- With regards to the year:
- The AWM site (wrongly) states 1985 at http://www.awm.gov.au/collection/REL36101/?image=1#display-image
- "It's a Honour" at http://www.itsanhonour.gov.au/honours/awards/imperial.cfm#msm_0275 gives one more confidence that 1975 is the "magic year".
- Cheers, and glad you like the Oz MSM page, Pdfpdf (talk) 15:01, 9 February 2015 (UTC)
Bolivar railway station
Have you noticed Wikipedia:Articles_for_deletion/Bolivar_railway_station? -Arb. (talk) 11:53, 22 February 2015 (UTC)