RfA advice/help requested!
I've been a Wikipedia Rollbacker for years, and I was wondering if you had any advice for me to take the next step up the ladder as a Sysop. It's a short and sweet message, but I hope to hear back from you soon. 13:52, 15 September 2014 (UTC)
- Hi Frozen. Nice signature :) - no problem - I'll be happy to give some input - will likely be tomorrow (UK time) if that's okay. 16:24, 15 September 2014 (UTC)
- Thanks, Pedro, I remember setting it as part of an April Fool's celebration a while back. :) Yes, whenever you're able to would be amazing, there's no rush. 19:59, 15 September 2014 (UTC)
- I've had a look, and whilst you're on the right track I think you're probably at least 6 - 8 months away from an RFA. Where you've recently come back to editing there is a c. two year gap in editing which will certainly cause commentators at RFA concerns. You need to show some consistency; and recent activity also helps to show that you are "up to speed" on current processes and community norms. My other concern is that in the past you've done a fair amount of article work but nothing very focused. Rather than using tools for vandalism I'd suggest you get in touch with one of the wikiprojects (I see you're a memeber of some) and get engaged in some GA or FA work.
- RFA standards, have sadly gone up considerably; whilst your very long tenure at WP is great I wouldn't think about asking for the syspp tools for a while.
- Hope that helps!
10:53, 18 September 2014 (UTC)
- Thank you very much for the advice! I'll see if I can devote more time to editing, and possibly get in touch with some Wikiprojects. I'll look back at myself in about 6 months time and ask myself if I'm ready.
- Thanks once again, Pedro! :)
18:50, 18 September 2014 (UTC)
- No problem - happy editing. 15:44, 19 September 2014 (UTC)
A barnstar for you!!
|The Userbox Barnstar|
|Couldn't help laughing at your infobox. NickGibson3900 Talk 09:18, 22 September 2014 (UTC)|
English South Coast Meetup
Hi Pedro, you are hereby invited to the South Coast Meetup.
- Hi Marek - thanks again for the invite. Do let me know if we do another in Eastleigh or nearby - hopefully I'll be able to stay longer next time. 11:01, 25 November 2014 (UTC)
Hi Pedro, I'm not sure I understand what you meant posting on my talk page today. Please do treat me with the same courtesy you would give any other user, and we will get along fine. There was a past disagreement between us, but I'd rather not continue it. Thanks. Jehochman Talk 03:40, 6 December 2014 (UTC)
- I reverted it, as it is not really Wikipedia related; it's unfair of me to use Wikipedia for off-wiki issues and for that I apologise. Best. 13:07, 6 December 2014 (UTC)